PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday... what are you planning on buying?

DMX7
11-20-2011, 08:05 PM
My wish list is honestly empty, but if there's something I just can't pass up then I'll probably buy it. I don't get hyped for this day like some people do though.

ChuckD
11-20-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm going to buy a couple extra hours of sleep.

mavs>spurs
11-20-2011, 08:20 PM
absolutely nothing fuck retail

ALVAREZ6
11-20-2011, 08:58 PM
My wish list is honestly empty, but if there's something I just can't pass up then I'll probably buy it. I don't get hyped for this day like some people do though.

My list is also empty. I've always seen Black Friday as overrated. Unless I need a new TV or something, I'm not going to fight people in long ass lines to save an insignificant amount relative to all of the bullshit you have to deal with during the day...like traffic, lines, and annoying people everywhere.

Drachen
11-20-2011, 09:04 PM
cyber Monday is better. Don't have to get herded like damn cattle. It probably stinks wherever you go.

lefty
11-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Fuck that shit

DMC
11-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Nothing, it's a black holiday.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm just looking for a good deal on a laptop or notepad.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
You're looking for a good deal on a notepad? I know you're cheap but God damn.

cantthinkofanything
11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Fuck that shit

Double this. It's worth whatever savings I'm foregoing just to not have to deal with that all those people and shit.

In fact, I'd pay a 10% premium if they would let me have the store to myself for 30 minutes to get my shit and get out during these next couple of weeks.

Same with tax free weekend. These people are cramming the stores and standing in long lines to save $4 on $50 worth of shit.

bus driver
11-21-2011, 10:39 AM
i want my tv for the garage but i am not getting up at 200 in the morning to go get it so i wait

JoeChalupa
11-21-2011, 10:47 AM
You're looking for a good deal on a notepad? I know you're cheap but God damn.

I know there are good deals out there and I'm no richer. Been looking at the Nook or maybe just a laptop. I don't need a real powerful one or a Mac.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2011, 10:49 AM
For some saving $$ is important. While saving $15-$25 to some is nothing for others it is gas money or food money they are saving. Damn right I use coupons.

cantthinkofanything
11-21-2011, 10:52 AM
For some saving $$ is important. While saving $15-$25 to some is nothing for others it is gas money or food money they are saving. Damn right I use coupons.

Unfortunatley, most of these people will spend their savings on liquor, crack, and McRibs.

JoeChalupa
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Unfortunatley, most of these people will spend their savings on liquor, crack, and McRibs.

Or Nascar tickets.

Fabbs
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Flat screen tv's 'sposed to be the lowest in quite a while.
42" name brands for $250.

MannyIsGod
11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
I know there are good deals out there and I'm no richer. Been looking at the Nook or maybe just a laptop. I don't need a real powerful one or a Mac.

:lol

That is a tablet. A notepad is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Notepad.png

jacobdrj
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
In the past, it was all about the tech. This year, it is Macy's... It is going to revolve around luggage and various baby things... MLIA

JoeChalupa
11-21-2011, 11:19 AM
:lol

That is a tablet. A notepad is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Notepad.png

Damnit! :lol

Blake
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM
has anyone heard if Santikos (movies) will be doing the $100 gift card for $20 again?

Das Texan
11-21-2011, 12:24 PM
i hope i can find something good on cyber monday.

PakiDan
11-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm just looking for a good deal on a laptop or notepad.

Best Buy is selling a Lenova Laptop 15.6" I believe with a 320 gig hard drive, 2 gig AMD processor and other bells for $179.00, Walmart has a compaq dual core with webcam 320 gig harddrive DVDRom drive for $199.00

JoeChalupa
11-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Best Buy is selling a Lenova Laptop 15.6" I believe with a 320 gig hard drive, 2 gig AMD processor and other bells for $179.00, Walmart has a compaq dual core with webcam 320 gig harddrive DVDRom drive for $199.00

:tu That's what I'm talking about!!!

benefactor
11-21-2011, 12:39 PM
I'll be at work.

bus driver
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM

holy shit, i want a 26 tv and i dont mind buying an off brand so i should get a good deal. (well i am telling my girl since she is going out)

EmoHipstercan
11-21-2011, 01:22 PM
http://gamecrunch.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/N3DS-Zelda-Edition.png

:jack:jack

pawe
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM

Where'd you see this?

IronMaxipad
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Where'd you see this?

http://i.imgur.com/b8uYX.jpg

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186575

Creepn
11-21-2011, 02:06 PM
:tu That's what I'm talking about!!!

Joe, Big Lots is selling a tablet for $59. It's not name brand but it's supposed to perform the basic functions of a tablet. Also has wifi.

http://www.biglots.com/weekly-Ad

On Sunday ad.

Frenzy
11-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Joe, Big Lots is selling a tablet for $59. It's not name brand but it's supposed to perform the basic functions of a tablet. Also has wifi.

http://www.biglots.com/weekly-Ad

On Sunday ad.

FYI to those of you that are gonna buy electronics at big lots buy at least two or three of the same thing. To make sure they work. Brother worked there a few years and many got returned for not working. A good ratio was 1 in 5 actually end up working for a good while. Bought a laptop that lasted me for two years...pretty good for 100$ with his discount.

Fabbs
11-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Where'd you see this?
Sharp 42-inch 1080p TV (LC-42SV49U)
anyone got the goods on the particular $199 Sharp model flatscreen tv?

Thanks for posting the ad maxipads. :toast

ALVAREZ6
11-21-2011, 08:53 PM

This doesn't make much sense in my opinion. People who need to closely monitor their expenses should not be buying the things they are getting deals on during Black Friday in order to save for food and gas money. They should simply not buy those unnecessary things.

Brazil
11-22-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm going to buy a couple extra hours of sleep.

+1

no way in hell I'll shop during the black friday

Pick of Destiny
11-22-2011, 08:56 AM
This doesn't make much sense in my opinion. People who need to closely monitor their expenses should not be buying the things they are getting deals on during Black Friday in order to save for food and gas money. They should simply not buy those unnecessary things.

That could be said of everyone. No?

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2011, 10:00 AM
That could be said of everyone. No?
Well if you aren't living paycheck to paycheck and are in a financially secure position, it's not an issue. You can afford unnecessary things. If you really need to monitor expenses closely, you should probably only buy things you need for survival until you have saved yourself a better cushion of money.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Alvarez is right. If you can barely afford gas and food you shouldn't be buying any TVs on Black Friday.

cantthinkofanything
11-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Alvarez is right. If you can barely afford gas and food you shouldn't be buying any TVs on Black Friday.

That flies in the face of the current American Dream. You've got to give people something to pacify them. If it's a cheap flatscreen that they can watch sports on, so be it if they have to drive a little less or split a McRib.

The last thing I want is a large group of working people not being able to afford the things that they are being told they need. It's a recipe for social unrest.

Das Texan
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I saw a kick ass leather jacket at Macy's on Black Friday. I might try to snag that.

lefty
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
That flies in the face of the current American Dream. You've got to give people something to pacify them. If it's a cheap flatscreen that they can watch sports on, so be it if they have to drive a little less or split a McRib.

The last thing I want is a large group of working people not being able to afford the things that they are being told they need. It's a recipe for social unrest.
Keep people entertained, so they wont be interested in what really happens behind closed doors.

Sitcoms, reality shows, televised sports..... keep the people away from the truth

Why do you think Obama urged the parties involved in the NBA lockout to reach an agreement ?

cantthinkofanything
11-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Keep people entertained, so they wont be interested in what really happens behind closed doors.

Sitcoms, reality shows, televised sports..... keep the people away from the truth

Why do you think Obama urged the parties involved in the NBA lockout to reach an agreement ?

At a base level, it makes no sense for anyone to spend so much time wrapped up in sports. Every once in a while, in the middle of watching a Spurs game, I'm wondering why the fuck I should even care. What real benefit do I get if the Spurs win. On my deathbead, I sure don't want to be reminded how much of my life was pissed away watching sports, or TV, or surfing the web.

But back to the point, I agree that all of this shit is designed to keep people from spending time critcially thinking. And the constant barrage of new products is to make sure that everyone stays busy working their lives so they can buy the latest shit. Again, to make sure people fill up their time and mind with everything but searching for real truth.

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
For me saving money is saving money. Even if I was one of the 1% I would still use coupons and look to save money where I could. I get Alvarez's point but that it isn't always what saving money is all about.

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
For me saving money is saving money. Even if I was one of the 1% I would still use coupons and look to save money where I could. I get Alvarez's point but that it isn't always what saving money is all about.

:wtf

Buying something at a discount only because it is a temporary, 1-day discount, isn't exactly saving money. It's just adding an expense that is temporarily less expensive. A large amount of those purchases are forced. A lot of people come up with things to buy simply because it's Black Friday, and may not have been considering getting whatever it is until then simply because all of the sudden it is relatively cheap. When you buy something that's $25 off for the day, you're not saving $25, you're spending $(x-25).

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
:wtf

Buying something at a discount only because it is a temporary, 1-day discount, isn't exactly saving money. It's just adding an expense that is temporarily less expensive. A large amount of those purchases are forced. A lot of people come up with things to buy simply because it's Black Friday, and may not have been considering getting whatever it is until then simply because all of the sudden it is relatively cheap. When you buy something that's $25 off for the day, you're not saving $25, you're spending $(x-25).

Yes, but if you would normally spend $100 but save $25 you are spending $75, not $100 and still have $25 left over.

ALVAREZ6
11-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Yes, but if you would normally spend $100 but save $25 you are spending $75, not $100 and still have $25 left over.

And when you're in a position that you need to monitor your expenses for food and gas money because you are financially constrained, it makes no sense to take on that $75 expense to save $25. You should simply keep/continue to save the full $100 for more vital things.

On the other hand, I'm also bringing up that many people who can afford these expenses often force them simply because they are attracted to buying more material shit they normally wouldn't because it's relatively cheap for the day. I'm not saying I don't do it from time to time because I do, I think it's human nature.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 12:03 PM
You shouldn't normally spend 100 on a TV if you can barely afford to live. Thats the point.

TheMACHINE
11-22-2011, 12:12 PM
ive been to plenty of black fridays where i buy stuff that i dont even use. It was just to good of a deal to pass up. =(

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't need shit right now that I could get from BF. Some places will have 5 dollar blue rays starting Thursday night and I might try to get some of those.

Fabbs
11-22-2011, 12:57 PM
At a base level, it makes no sense for anyone to spend so much time wrapped up in sports. Every once in a while, in the middle of watching a Spurs game, I'm wondering why the fuck I should even care. What real benefit do I get if the Spurs win. On my deathbead, I sure don't want to be reminded how much of my life was pissed away watching sports, or TV, or surfing the web.

But back to the point, I agree that all of this shit is designed to keep people from spending time critcially thinking. And the constant barrage of new products is to make sure that everyone stays busy working their lives so they can buy the latest shit. Again, to make sure people fill up their time and mind with everything but searching for real truth.
learning a new language
learning a relatively simple but very useful practical skill (ex how to fix brakes on a car).

I ask myself these same things. Time spent watching sports could have yielded instead????

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Time watching sports may be the best use of your time if thats your entertainment. You can't do "productive" things 100% of the time and expect to be very productive all the time.