PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why religion is complete BS (Jehovah's Witness edition)

Pages : [1] 2

DeadlyDynasty
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I had to re-cert for my ccemtp these past 2 weeks, and I heard some stories about Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood, from some of the trauma docs teaching the class...this is nothing new of course, but it's still mind-boggling when you think about it.

How can Jehovah's Witnesses be allowed to receive Heart (and other various organ) transplants but not receive blood transfusions?

So basically if we have a trauma patient come in who's exsanguinating his entire volume post-trauma we can't refill the container...but if he needs a new heart then he's good to go!

That doesn't make any sense, and from what little I've read on it this religious technicality was made gospel in 1945.

wtf

Spursfan092120
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Soo...what you're saying is Jehovah's Witnesses practices are BS...they are not all of religion.

Blake
11-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Soo...what you're saying is Jehovah's Witnesses practices are BS...they are not all of religion.

what religion do you think is not BS?

cantthinkofanything
11-21-2011, 05:19 PM

I like that one where the guy had to travel across the mountains to get rid of that ring so evil wouldn't get a hold of it and destroy good.

JayTheClown
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I worked at Taco Bell as a kid and Johova Witnesses would come in and give me pamphlets like everyday. One day I actually decided to read one. I forgot what was in the pamphlet, but at age 14 I remember thinking it was Bullshit. :lol

CubanMustGo
11-21-2011, 05:50 PM
I like that one where the guy had to travel across the mountains to get rid of that ring so evil wouldn't get a hold of it and destroy good.

u-14bpG1LGU

cantthinkofanything
11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I worked at Taco Bell as a kid and Johova Witnesses would come in and give me pamphlets like everyday. One day I actually decided to read one. I forgot what was in the pamphlet, but at age 14 I remember thinking it was Bullshit. :lol

as a 14 year old, I thought everything was bullshit

Satan
11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
I love these threads.

4>0rings
11-21-2011, 08:04 PM
You can work at Taco Bell at 14?

DMC
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I had to re-cert for my ccemtp these past 2 weeks, and I heard some stories about Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood, from some of the trauma docs teaching the class...this is nothing new of course, but it's still mind-boggling when you think about it.

How can Jehovah's Witnesses be allowed to receive Heart (and other various organ) transplants but not receive blood transfusions?

So basically if we have a trauma patient come in who's exsanguinating his entire volume post-trauma we can't refill the container...but if he needs a new heart then he's good to go!

That doesn't make any sense, and from what little I've read on it this religious technicality was made gospel in 1945.

wtf

I'm atheist, however it's possible to store your own blood in a blood bank for future use.

Many religions place more value on symbolism than on intent.

The best religions are ones that have people treating other people as they would like to be treated.

The worst religions are ones that have people killing and restricting other people because their book tells them so.

I've read different religious doctrines, and I find a large majority of them to be severely deficient. Buddhism is probably one of the few I actually found some interest in.

Spursfan092120
11-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Not getting into this with you.

redzero
11-21-2011, 10:19 PM

Every religion he wasn't brought up with is bullshit.

Spursfan092120
11-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Every religion he wasn't brought up with is bullshit.

typical idiot douchebag comment. Never said that. Just said that I didn't believe all religion was bullshit.

mingus
11-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Funny how every time religion is brought up Redzero and Blake are right there. Seriously, you guys must go to bed thinking about religion. You aren't religious but you sure follow these kinds of topics religiously, stating and re-stating ad nauseum your hatred for everything religion. It's your right, but I've never seen anybody whine about the same thing so damn much.

baseline bum
11-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Funny how every time religion is brought up Redzero and Blake are right there. Seriously, you guys must go to bed thinking about religion. You aren't religious but you sure follow these kinds of topics religiously, stating and re-stating ad nauseum your hatred for everything religion. It's your right, but I've never seen anybody whine about the same thing so damn much.

Thank you for being the tireless god warrior to put those infidels in their place.

redzero
11-22-2011, 12:02 AM
typical idiot douchebag comment. Never said that. Just said that I didn't believe all religion was bullshit.

So only some religions are bullshit? Which ones?

Spursfan092120
11-22-2011, 12:09 AM
So only some religions are bullshit? Which ones?

I'm not gonna get into this with you

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Why are the other athiests surprised by the religious people in this thread. The "All religion is bullshit EXCEPT for mine!" mentality is something virtually all Christians have. That's why they think they're going to heaven and everyone else is going to hell.

baseline bum
11-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Honestly, god's really slipping now. What has happened to the god back in the day who could strike people dead just for saying Jehovah or goddamn? That god wouldn't need people defending his honor in this thread. What was that latest effort of his, when he told the dumbass from Idaho to go shoot at president anti-Christ's house when he wasn't even there? I wonder if god has a drug problem holding him down; prime god knew how to take motherfuckers out tbh.

boutons_deux
11-22-2011, 06:44 AM
"The "All religion is bullshit EXCEPT for mine!" mentality is something virtually all Christians have."

It's the position of ALL religions. Their own world view it the One True World View, therefore all others are necessarily false, and very often must be converted or killed.

The scare-mongering message to a religion's followers is that if you leave our One True religion or agitate against it, you go to hell, can't be rich, blocked from heaven, and/or we'll kill you. The Scientology bullshit is famous for harassing and killing its apostates.

mingus
11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Why are the other athiests surprised by the religious people in this thread. The "All religion is bullshit EXCEPT for mine!" mentality is something virtually all Christians have. That's why they think they're going to heaven and everyone else is going to hell.

Maybe you can link me to one of your graphs that says virtually all Christians necessarily believe that. It's not cut-and-dry. Christians aren't a homogenous group of people. They're a diverse people with many differing viewpoints.

But you're just an arm chair critic of everything. Graphs and T.V. tell you what to think. Get out of your box and actually know the people you supposedly hate so much instead of using retarded little graphs to make everything all uncomplicated and simple and confirm your bias.

I thought Jehovas Witnesses were lunatics before I met one at work. We hang out. Shit I even attended Kingdom Hall, their place of worship, just for the he'll of it, and the people there were very nice and warm toward me.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 08:42 AM
lol mingus the god warrior
lol really butthurt over a graph I posted showing the inverse relationship between religion and intelligence

q3mDLsyn6ns

Jesus
11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
I've still got billions of followers and that ain't no BS.

Spursfan092120
11-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Not a single religious person in here has said this in this thread. But to flip that over.. Why are all the religious person in here surprised by the athiests in this thread? The "There is no possible way any religion is right, because it doesn't make sense to me, and I don't like it!" mentality is something virtually all Christians have. That's why they try to shove atheism in our faces any time any religious person puts a religious thread in here. They don't understand and don't want to try.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Only reason I shove athiesm in anyone's face is because Christians try to shove religion in every non-Christian American's face.

For example, you are probably a fervent pro-lifer and probably fervently oppose gay marriage. At least I'm not advocating laws that restrict religion, while Christians want laws that force non-Christians to obey the bible.

DeadlyDynasty
11-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Not a single religious person in here has said this in this thread. But to flip that over.. Why are all the religious person in here surprised by the athiests in this thread? The "There is no possible way any religion is right, because it doesn't make sense to me, and I don't like it!" mentality is something virtually all Christians have. That's why they try to shove atheism in our faces any time any religious person puts a religious thread in here. They don't understand and don't want to try.

Help me understand.

boutons_deux
11-22-2011, 09:33 AM
"Not a single religious person in here has said this in this thread"

that doesn't mean it's not true for the vast majority of religions.

Blake
11-22-2011, 10:15 AM

better than going to bed thinking of/whining about other messageboard posters.

Blake
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Jesus says you should.

Matthew 5:15
King James Version (KJV)

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
:lol or go to bed thinking about graphs that took me 10 seconds to find on google

jag
11-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Jesus says you should.

:corn:

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8664/awwt.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
The belligerent athiests in this forum are delusional, beyond reprehension...

All the "anti-religious sentiment" expressed by the athiests in this forum is a religion in and of itself... They worship knowledge and wealth above all else, with "reason and logic" as their banner... Natural laws define and explain absolutely everything in our universe and are the catch-all, end-all, be-all of everything..! If an opposing view point doesn't jive with their world view, they simply attribute such 'dogma' as the product of inferior, weaker minds... but be careful to point out said dismissiveness as acts of arrogance because they will turn right around and call you a hypocrite...

They go further by attempting to tell us how unlogical, and crazy our GOD is by throwing HIS word in our faces WHEN THEY DON'T even understand the scriptures, their historical context, the implications of GOD's covenants and most of all, HIS character... but that doesn't stop them from drawing completely erroneous conclusions about GOD's nature, because after all, as erudite, ''learned'' men, they understand EVERYTHING they read, and cannot possibly err against their own beliefs... I doubt very seriously that any of the forum's athiests have actually read the Bible from cover to cover... preferring instead to dissect it and nit pick at their convenience (or lazily look up a website that has already done this for them)... AND YET, here they are, constantly cursing GOD's name, mocking His very existence, hurling insults at believers, constantly justifying their disbelief by branding together in their spiteful rhetoric (I believe this is why they originate such threads almost every week... they need constant subconcious reassurance that their rejection of GOD is validated)... I guess some of them simply like 'getting a rise' out of their trolling...

Note: the emphasis above was for belligerent athiests...

Off of the top of my head if I had to rank the "beligerence" of athiests/agnostics I have had the opportunity of engaging 'here' over the course of the years... the list would probably look something like this:

(Most belligerent)
DoK
Blake
redzero
boutons_deux
clambake
baseline bum
Can't_be_faded
(CD is in his own 'middle-of-the-pack' category)
ChumpDumper
(near bottom of list - sarcastic snippets, here and there - not outright hate)
ALVAREZ6
Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
RuffnReadyOzStyle
MannyIsGod
ElNono
DarkReign
AdmiralSnackbar
RandomGuy
LnGrrrR
Mr. Peabody
scott
Drachen
CuckingFunt

The funny thing, despite what you all may think you all know about me, is that the guys (and gal) in the third segment of the list would probably be close friends of mine were we to be acquainted outside of this forum... Obviously, this is mere speculation, but they do mirror the type of people I have actually befriended over the years...

For example, my shared passion for soccer would be enough to befriend me with MannyIsGod, scott and ElNono... despite whatever differences they may percieve in our world / political views...

As for the assertion that Christians not be allowed to shape the laws of our land... What fascist doctrine would you all have to be upholding to deny that basic democratic right against the citizens of this nation...? Anyone can lobby to shape the government as they see fit... even the Ku Klux Klan has that right (even if we don't agree with their beliefs)... ultimately however, the prevalent view is the one that wins out. That's how democracy works... In the athiest world-view however, [based on the comments in this thread - or the countless other religion-bashing threads in this forum] opposing views should "shut up" and stay out of the way! That 'suppression of voice' is laughable to the point of absurdness... "Do as I say, not as I do!" That said, the deliberate pandering of "Christian" politicians (such as Palin, Bush etc...) is absolutely reprehensible...

Blake
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
yet another poster that spends too much time whining and thinking about other messageboard posters.

clearly it's what Jesus would do.

Blake
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
and ftr, soccer blows.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
waaaaah wah waaaaaaaah! :depressed :depressed :depressed "I'm not at the top of your stupid list"!

fify

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes! I'm most belligerent! Do I get an award?

Blake
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
"Compiling a stupid list and whining about mean posters seems to help relieve the hurt in my butt more than the words of my lord and savior could ever do"

summarized it for you

pawe
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
The only award to be given out here should go to muslims. Seriously, these fucknuggets are the most butthurt people in the the history of mankind.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
summarized it for you

You think that up all on your own?

Seems like your sarcasm is stuck in the same gear and hasn't evolved... eh, I give you too much credit... :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm not a God-basher per se, but I think organized religion is a crutch for weak-minded people. I don't have a problem with people praying--because for some it does offer some sort of psychological respite. If it gives them comfort so be it, but it's no different than any other bullshit superstition out there. It's akin to wearing rally caps at a ballgame when your team is down--it gives you a sense of false hope and security. I just have a problem with religion when it becomes mind-numbingly stupid--like the example in my OP.

A question for the fundamentalists on this board: Would you accept a heart transplant and blood transfusion if the only donor was a staunch atheist? Think of all that atheist blood pumping through your veins.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm not a God-basher per se, but I think organized religion is a crutch for weak-minded people. I don't have a problem with people praying--because for some it does offer some sort of psychological respite. If it gives them comfort so be it, but it's no different than any other bullshit superstition out there. It's akin to wearing rally caps at a ballgame when your team is down--it gives you a sense of false hope and security. I just have a problem with religion when it becomes mind-numbingly stupid--like the example in my OP.

A question for the fundamentalists on this board: Would you accept a heart transplant and blood transfusion if the only donor was a staunch atheist? Think of all that atheist blood pumping through your veins.

Most Christians wouldn't agree with the doctrines of Jehova's Witness, much less the wholly misplaced and unsubstantiated one against life-giving transfusions...

Blake
11-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Seems like your sarcasm is stuck in the same gear and hasn't evolved... eh, I give you too much credit... :wakeup

your butthurt appears to have evolved to epic status.

Blake
11-22-2011, 11:52 AM

I tend not to direct profanity at anyone here unless they are being intentional jerks (Blake, clambake, etc...) and even then, it's uncommon for me to be driven to that point...

lol uncommon

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 12:00 PM
'infrequent' probably would have been the better word choice...:wakeup

but thanks for 'religiously' following my SpursForum feed... :lol

Blake
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
'infrequent' probably would have been the better word choice...:wakeup

but thanks for 'religiously' following my SpursForum feed... :lol

lol listing people by name and ranking them in order of how much each one has made your ass hurt.

:lmao too good

baseline bum
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
I think if more people actually took Phenomenaul's bible challenge, atheism would shoot through the roof in America. It's easy to follow Christianity when you get a sanitized version of it that sounds decent when you're a kid, but reading it uncensored without the spin from a guided reading from the church is a whole other animal. I read it because I really wanted to be a good Christian at the time, and after it being a Christian didn't seem so good or just.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
lol listing people by name and ranking them in order of how much each one has made your ass hurt.

:lmao too good

OOOoooh... that hurts... :rolleyes

wait...

I've probably engaged in far more technical discourse with ElNono and RandomGuy over the course of the years than you [anyone here could do a search and verify that for themselves]... and yet they're no where near the top of the list...

So much for your theory... :lol

Now, care to throw any other strawmen and ad hominem attacks in my direction? Like I said, I give you too much credit... :wakeup

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Maybe you can link me to one of your graphs that says virtually all Christians necessarily believe that. It's not cut-and-dry. Christians aren't a homogenous group of people. They're a diverse people with many differing viewpoints.

But you're just an arm chair critic of everything. Graphs and T.V. tell you what to think. Get out of your box and actually know the people you supposedly hate so much instead of using retarded little graphs to make everything all uncomplicated and simple and confirm your bias.

I thought Jehovas Witnesses were lunatics before I met one at work. We hang out. Shit I even attended Kingdom Hall, their place of worship, just for the he'll of it, and the people there were very nice and warm toward me.

If you're a Christian and you don't believe that all other religions are bullshit then you're a terrible Christian and if you need a fucking chart to show you that then you probably want to read that shit you supposedly believe again.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I've still got billions of followers and that ain't no BS.

On Twitter?

You don't even have 400,000 tbh. Ashton Kutcher is killing you.

https://twitter.com/#!/jesus

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
I'd like to point out that "Not a Christian" =! Atheist. That list is severely flawed. And yes, Phenomanual, I would be your friend outside of the forum. I would never not befriend someone because we have different religous views or else I'd have 2 friends in the world and it would be boring.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
I think if more people actually took Phenomenaul's bible challenge, atheism would shoot through the roof in America. It's easy to follow Christianity when you get a sanitized version of it that sounds decent when you're a kid, but reading it uncensored without the spin from a guided reading from the church is a whole other animal. I read it because I really wanted to be a good Christian at the time, and after it being a Christian didn't seem so good or just.

So you admit you've never actually read the Bible from cover-to-cover?

As for your other point... Some direction IS required when reading the scriptures, unless you genuinely asked GOD to 'open your spiritual eyes' so that you could understand what you were reading on your own... but the very premise of invoking an entity you don't believe in for guidance is absurd (reading without faith)... that's ultimately why those who read without a genuine heart to understand fail... on the other hand, I could give you a list of atheists who were convicted of GOD's existence simply by reading the Bible from cover-to-cover... the direction of conviction is not as one sided as your post claims...

baseline bum
11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I read the bible cover to cover because I really did want to believe and wanted to be a model Christian. Had I never read it, I probably still would be one.

Blake
11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
OOOoooh... that hurts... :rolleyes

wait...

I've probably engaged in far more technical discourse with ElNono and RandomGuy over the course of the years than you [anyone here could do a search and verify that for themselves]... and yet they're no where near the top of the list...

So much for your theory... :lol

Now, care to throw any other strawmen and ad hominem attacks in my direction? Like I said, I give you too much credit... :wakeup

thanks for further confirming my theory of your butthurt.

mingus
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Only reason I shove athiesm in anyone's face is because Christians try to shove religion in every non-Christian American's face.

For example, you are probably a fervent pro-lifer and probably fervently oppose gay marriage. At least I'm not advocating laws that restrict religion, while Christians want laws that force non-Christians to obey the bible.

I'm not Christian. I don't think marriage between man and man is marriage. And you know what? Neither do the Japanese. This isnt a purely Christian stance like many like to believe.

I make my own definition of marriage up irrespective of religion. When I was agnostic years back I didn't think it was marriage. You make up your own definition of marriage and I bet yours doesn't allow brother Bubba and sister Nancy to get married. If so, where do you get that belief? Which athiest dogma espouses your definition of marriage.

mingus
11-22-2011, 12:45 PM
better than going to bed thinking of/whining about other messageboard posters.

Well since you've admitted to it, you're fanatical. And a fanatic is fanatic. Anti religious fanatics and religious fanatics share 1/2 their DNA. They're just as crazy and amusing.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd like to point out that "Not a Christian" =! Atheist. That list is severely flawed.

Which is why I also included the agnostic label... as for the other nostic religions they aren't very well represented in this forum, and I simply haven't seen discourse for or against their beliefs here...

Out of curiosity though... according to you, which posters from that list don't belong there (regardless of positioning - cause of course, it was strictly an ad-hoc exercise off the top of my head [spanning back as far as I could remember] ?)...

And yes, Phenomanul, I would be your friend outside of the forum. I would never not befriend someone because we have different religous views or else I'd have 2 friends in the world and it would be boring.

Like I said, I currently have many friends that have completely different beliefs... but yeah, I don't typically discuss these topics outside of the forum... I'm actually quite sociable and out-going (if you can believe that), especially because of my other passion for music...

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I read the bible cover to cover because I really did want to believe and wanted to be a model Christian. Had I never read it, I probably still would be one.

Fair enough... to each his own...

Just don't assume that your experience is the only possible path from such an endeavor...

mingus
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
:lol or go to bed thinking about graphs that took me 10 seconds to find on google

It's even sadder that your position on such a matter is informed by a 10-second google search.

Get off your armchair. You're a joke.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
thanks for further confirming my theory of your butthurt.

Moving goalposts... another convenient tactic ("my earlier claim had no substance, so I must redirect the emphasis") :lol

Nice try. But no. :wakeup

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm not Christian. I don't think marriage between man and man is marriage. And you know what? Neither do the Japanese. This isnt a purely Christian stance like many like to believe.

I make my own definition of marriage up irrespective of religion. When I was agnostic years back I didn't think it was marriage. You make up your own definition of marriage and I bet yours doesn't allow brother Bubba and sister Nancy to get married. If so, where do you get that belief? Which athiest dogma espouses your definition of marriage.
I have no problem if brother and sister want to get married. It doesn't harm me and they have every right to do so if they want to.

There shouldn't be laws defining marriage other than both parties need to be consenting adults. If you don't wanna recognize something as marriage, fine, but who are you to think there should be laws making everyone live by what you personally consider marriage? This is the funny thing, religious people want to ram their beliefs down people's throats and they don't even know it.

mingus
11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
If you're a Christian and you don't believe that all other religions are bullshit then you're a terrible Christian and if you need a fucking chart to show you that then you probably want to read that shit you supposedly believe again.

You're twisting my words.

mingus
11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
I have no problem if brother and sister want to get married. It doesn't harm me and they have every right to do so if they want to.

There shouldn't be laws defining marriage other than both parties need to be consenting adults. If you don't wanna recognize something as marriage, fine, but who are you to think there should be laws making everyone live by what you personally consider marriage? This is the funny thing, religious people want to ram their beliefs down people's throats and they don't even know it.

So if you had a daughter and son and they wanted to get married, you'd be right behind them?

mingus
11-22-2011, 01:04 PM
to Manny: I don't believe all or even that many Christians believe I'm going to Hell because I'm not Christian. That was what I was specifically alluding to in Dok's post. My mistake for saying u twisted my words. I shouldve pointed that out.

Blake
11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm not Christian. I don't think marriage between man and man is marriage. And you know what? Neither do the Japanese.

why do you and these Japanese care so much?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 01:06 PM
So if you had a daughter and son and they wanted to get married, you'd be right behind them?
Being behind them and thinking they should be allowed to get married are two different things.

I'd tell them I strongly disagree with their decision, I'd explain the birth defects of inbreeding, I'd explain that most people they meet would view them as sickos, but I think they should have every right to be married if that's what they want.

This slippery slope argument gay bashers love to use is another example of hatred. You people act like giving gays the right to marriage will open up a pandora's box full of demons and evil. Plenty of states and other countries have legalized gay marriage and nothing bad has happened because of it.

Blake
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Well since you've admitted to it, you're fanatical. And a fanatic is fanatic. Anti religious fanatics and religious fanatics share 1/2 their DNA. They're just as crazy and amusing.

I admitted to no such thing. I noted the 10:48pm time stamp on your post and forged a conclusion as to what you were thinking about right before you went to bed.

I then simply said one was better than the other.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
to Manny: I don't believe all or even that many Christians believe I'm going to Hell because I'm not Christian. That was what I was specifically alluding to in Dok's post. My mistake for saying u twisted my words. I shouldve pointed that out.

Most Christians don't really know much about Christianity so I don't disagree but its a fundemental tenet of all Christianity (and all Abrahamic religions) that their god is the one true god and all others are false.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
why do you and these Japanese care so much?
This is my biggest issue. Why do people care so much about two gay people they'll never meet getting married? It has no impact on their lives and does them no harm.

Blake
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Moving goalposts... another convenient tactic ("my earlier claim had no substance, so I must redirect the emphasis") :lol

Nice try. But no. :wakeup

you're under the impression that we are arguing.

There's no argument; your butthurt is evident for all to see.

Blake
11-22-2011, 01:18 PM

if you had a son and daughter that married each other, would you disown them?

Life is too short to die with such silly regrets.

Jesus
11-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Most Christians don't really know much about Christianity so I don't disagree but its a fundemental tenet of all Christianity (and all Abrahamic religions) that their god is the one true god and all others are false.

????...If they believe in me they know enough.

Blake
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
????...If they believe in me they know enough.

too bad Jesus doesn't care about primitive tribes to share this information with them

DarkReign
11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I'll stick the OP's point...

My stepfather's place has Jehovah's crawling around damn near every weekend.

He likes to fuck with them. According to him, a pair of Witnesses were at his door trying to spread the word, so he invited them in. They were going on with their business and my stepfather is acting all interested and asks "Yeah man, totally. I think Jimi Hendrix is frickin awesome too! By far my favorite artist."

*confused stare*

Maybe they might have "got it" if he had cited Dylan instead.

AmericanPsycho
11-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I've always wondered why every time they stop by our place it is never a pair of Jehovah Witness babes.

redzero
11-22-2011, 03:34 PM

All the "anti-religious sentiment" expressed by the athiests in this forum is a religion in and of itself... They worship knowledge and wealth above all else, with "reason and logic" as their banner... Natural laws define and explain absolutely everything in our universe and are the catch-all, end-all, be-all of everything..! If an opposing view point doesn't jive with their world view, they simply attribute such 'dogma' as the product of inferior, weaker minds... but be careful to point out said dismissiveness as acts of arrogance because they will turn right around and call you a hypocrite...

They go further by attempting to tell us how unlogical, and crazy our GOD is by throwing HIS word in our faces WHEN THEY DON'T even understand the scriptures, their historical context, the implications of GOD's covenants and most of all, HIS character... but that doesn't stop them from drawing completely erroneous conclusions about GOD's nature, because after all, as erudite, ''learned'' men, they understand EVERYTHING they read, and cannot possibly err against their own beliefs... I doubt very seriously that any of the forum's athiests have actually read the Bible from cover to cover... preferring instead to dissect it and nit pick at their convenience (or lazily look up a website that has already done this for them)... AND YET, here they are, constantly cursing GOD's name, mocking His very existence, hurling insults at believers, constantly justifying their disbelief by branding together in their spiteful rhetoric (I believe this is why they originate such threads almost every week... they need constant subconcious reassurance that their rejection of GOD is validated)... I guess some of them simply like 'getting a rise' out of their trolling...

Off of the top of my head if I had to rank the "beligerence" of athiests/agnostics I have had the opportunity of engaging 'here' over the course of the years... the list would probably look something like this:

(Most belligerent)
DoK
Blake
redzero
boutons_deux
clambake
baseline bum
Can't_be_faded
ChumpDumper
ALVAREZ6
Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
RuffnReadyOzStyle
MannyIsGod
ElNono
DarkReign
AdmiralSnackbar
RandomGuy
LnGrrrR
Mr. Peabody
scott
Drachen
CuckingFunt

The funny thing, despite what you all may think you all know about me, is that the guys (and gal) in the third segment of the list would probably be close friends of mine were we to be acquainted outside of this forum... Obviously, this is mere speculation, but they do mirror the type of people I have actually befriended over the years...

For example, my shared passion for soccer would be enough to befriend me with MannyIsGod, scott and ElNono... despite whatever differences they may percieve in our world / political views...

As for the assertion that Christians not be allowed to shape the laws of our land... What fascist doctrine would you all have to be upholding to deny that basic democratic right against the citizens of this nation...? Anyone can lobby to shape the government as they see fit... even the Ku Klux Klan has that right (even if we don't agree with their beliefs)... ultimately however, the prevalent view is the one that wins out. That's how democracy works... In the athiest world-view however, [based on the comments in this thread - or the countless other religion-bashing threads in this forum] opposing views should "shut up" and stay out of the way! That 'suppression of voice' is laughable to the point of absurdness... "Do as I say, not as I do!" That said, the deliberate pandering of "Christian" politicians (such as Palin, Bush etc...) is absolutely reprehensible...

lol creationist retard

101A
11-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Might want to take a genetics course before you set that belief in stone.

Just sayin.

Blake
11-22-2011, 04:09 PM

Just sayin.

Is it possible for genetic problems to arise in biologically unrelated parents?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 04:13 PM

Just sayin.
Excuse me while I choke to death on the irony of a Christian pretending to give a shit about babies being born without birth defects.

Leetonidas
11-22-2011, 04:25 PM

(Most belligerent)
DoK
Blake
redzero
boutons_deux
clambake
baseline bum
Can't_be_faded
ChumpDumper
ALVAREZ6
Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
RuffnReadyOzStyle
MannyIsGod
ElNono
DarkReign
AdmiralSnackbar
RandomGuy
LnGrrrR
Mr. Peabody
scott
Drachen
CuckingFunt

You forgot about this guy you religite queer

mingus
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
I admitted to no such thing. I noted the 10:48pm time stamp on your post and forged a conclusion as to what you were thinking about right before you went to bed.

I then simply said one was better than the other.

IDGAF. I don't even hate Athiests. I have Athiest and Agnostic friends. 11 bed time? I wish.

bag of spinach
11-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Lettuce pray.

mingus
11-22-2011, 04:34 PM
This is my biggest issue. Why do people care so much about two gay people they'll never meet getting married? It has no impact on their lives and does them no harm.

It's not that I think it hurts me in any way. Calling something marriage has nothing to do with whether it hurts me or not. It's just a belief that union between man and women is what makes a marriage.

Leetonidas
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
And other people believe otherwise. Why do you care?

mingus
11-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Why do you care that I care?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Because you want to make laws prohibiting the rights of some people who don't share your beliefs. Why is it you continue to dance around that minor detail refusing to address it?

Koolaid_Man
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Because you want to make laws prohibiting the rights of some people who don't share your beliefs. Why is it you continue to dance around that minor detail refusing to address it?

Hey Doki my man...I got over slavery so you need to get over the Holocaust and stop hating

JoeChalupa
When it comes to religion I believe and let it go at that. What others believe or dont believe is on them. Of course I get the "but you are supposed to "save" others" speech but I don't push my beliefs on anyone else.
Mouse bashes me all the time for being Catholic but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Koolaid_Man
KgWpyobNTno

Leetonidas
11-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Why do you care that I care?

I don't care I just find your hypocrisy and stupidity amusing you disgusting hate monger

redzero
11-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey Doki my man...I got over slavery so you need to get over the Holocaust and stop hating

Why would you need to get over slavery? It's okay in God's book.

Blake
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
IDGAF. I don't even hate Athiests. I have Athiest and Agnostic friends. 11 bed time? I wish.

Who said you hate Athiests or anyone else?

Axe Murderer
11-22-2011, 05:15 PM

But yet to get over 122-86

tee, hee

Blake
11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Of course I get the "but you are supposed to "save" others" speech but I don't push my beliefs on anyone else.

what if you don't "save" others? will that affect your free pass to heaven?

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 05:28 PM
what if you don't "save" others? will that affect your free pass to heaven?

I have no free pass and only God knows.

Blake
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I have no free pass and only God knows.

the Bible says you have a free gift. No work involved.

seems to me you are proving baseline bum's point.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
The Holocaust got us Jews our own country smack in the center of the middle east to bully arabs. Best thing that ever happened to us tbh, no reason to be butthurt.

The Reckoning
11-22-2011, 05:43 PM
damn sand wiggers

diego
11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll stick the OP's point...

My stepfather's place has Jehovah's crawling around damn near every weekend.

He likes to fuck with them. According to him, a pair of Witnesses were at his door trying to spread the word, so he invited them in. They were going on with their business and my stepfather is acting all interested and asks "Yeah man, totally. I think Jimi Hendrix is frickin awesome too! By far my favorite artist."

*confused stare*

Maybe they might have "got it" if he had cited Dylan instead.

I may be way off on this, since I'm basing my knowledge of Witnesses on a novel (White Teeth, excellent book that has a Witness character in it)

As far as coercive myths go, the Witnesses story is just bizarre. AFAIK, they believe a definite number (144.000 or something like that) of people have been pre-selected by God to join him in heaven. So, even if you become a Witness and do everything a good witness should do, but you aren't on the list, tough luck no heaven for you. And even if you are an asshole but through "mysterious ways" God selected you to be saved, into heaven you go even if you never even heard of Jehovah's Witness. There is no incentive to join their church, beyond getting them to stop knocking your door at 10 am in the morning.

At least Christians/Muslims understand how to motivate people! :lol

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
the Bible says you have a free gift. No work involved.

seems to me you are proving baseline bum's point.

If that is what you believe then so be it. I'm not trying to prove any point. I'm Catholic, I believe and that is all.

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Carry on my wayward sons.

DoubtingThomas
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I know the feeling many of you all have.

Blake
11-22-2011, 06:07 PM
If that is what you believe then so be it. I'm not trying to prove any point. I'm Catholic, I believe and that is all.

If you don't want to believe the Bible, no problem here either.

I'm just letting you know what it says since you obviously don't.

Blake
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM
I know the feeling many of you all have.

Many of us feel your trolls are lame, Joe.

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
If you don't want to believe the Bible, no problem here either.

I'm just letting you know what it says since you obviously don't.

No where in the Bible have I ever read "you got a free pass". You may interpret it that way and that is your choice. God Bless my son.

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/heaven.shtml

DoubtingThomas
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I am not Joe.

JoeChalupa
11-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Many of us feel your trolls are lame, Joe.

I have no doubts about that considering I'm every troll. :lmao

ElNono
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
What I get from this thread is that I need to up my belligerence on religion...

Blake
11-22-2011, 06:54 PM
No where in the Bible have I ever read "you got a free pass". You may interpret it that way and that is your choice. God Bless my son.

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/heaven.shtml

your link hardly quoted any Bible verses, but the ones it quoted were from the NKJ.

Romans 5
New Kings James:

15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

If you have any more questions about your faith and what the Bible says, let me know. I can help save you +/-10% of your earnings and allow you to sleep in on Sundays.

Blake
11-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I am not Joe.

You are still lame

baseline bum
11-22-2011, 07:14 PM

Like your fellow countryman?

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5571/manug.png

Bill_Brasky
11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Religion is one of two tools that are used to teach us to hate people we dont even know. The other is nationalism.

And mingus, im pretty sure you just compared gay marriage to incest. What a fucking tool.

ElNono
11-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Like your fellow countryman?

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5571/manug.png

:lol

And lol @ some of the posters in these forums in denial... "maybe it was lost in translation, Manu has to believe in something" :cry

FuzzyLumpkins
11-22-2011, 11:03 PM
In a world with lighters, hydraulics and heart surgery if one really believes that a man hung out in a whale, walked on water, chilled in a furnace, was handed down codes of law via a direct conversation with God, transposed demons from people into pigs or any other story of absolute nonsense that fills the Bible then I don't think you are willing to see the obvious truth.

Maybe Paul and John were full of shit? Maybe in a culture where being bastard born put one in a clearly undesirable social strata they actually made some shit up about his birth and his death.

There are 5 major world religions and they all are mutually exclusive of each other. The other 4 are wrong if you believe in one. Christians don't believe Islam, Hindu or Voodoo either. is it so hard to admit that Mohammad, Ganesh or Zoraster were full of shit?

Their stories about flying turtles and horses and elephants are obviously bullshit too right? But the christian stories about spontaneously turning into salt are true? God at one point really wanted us to bring animals to 'sacrifice' to his priest class? Uh-huh...

DMC
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM

No, no no! It's called "exegesis". You have to be learned to understand how God was inspiring the CoN (odd acronym eh?).

The god of the gaps is alive and well in a gap near you.

DMC
11-22-2011, 11:19 PM
So you admit you've never actually read the Bible from cover-to-cover?

As for your other point... Some direction IS required when reading the scriptures, unless you genuinely asked GOD to 'open your spiritual eyes' so that you could understand what you were reading on your own... but the very premise of invoking an entity you don't believe in for guidance is absurd (reading without faith)... that's ultimately why those who read without a genuine heart to understand fail... on the other hand, I could give you a list of atheists who were convicted of GOD's existence simply by reading the Bible from cover-to-cover... the direction of conviction is not as one sided as your post claims...

Do you realize how much special pleading you use in your arguments?

Who is the one who determines whether or not our spiritual eyes are open? How about those religions that differ from yours, but rely on the same scriptures? Do their spiritual eyes become color blind? Are yours the only spiritual eyes that see truth?

There are far too many impossibilities with your religion, and in lieu of just picking one and asking an entity that one could not currently believe in without the evidence that's hidden within the scripture (catch 22), many like me have decided that the best answer is that all of the religions are bunk. The only truths are those that we can know and understand. All else is supposition and one is as good as the other when reason and logic, as prima facie standards, are discarded.

mingus
11-23-2011, 12:34 AM

I'm not taking away their rights. Gay people can get married. Just not with other gay people.

mingus
11-23-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't care I just find your hypocrisy and stupidity amusing you disgusting hate monger

I don't hate anyone. But if that's what you believe, just know it's bullshit. Hypocrisy is telling me I believe in bullshit.

Leetonidas
11-23-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm not taking away their rights. Gay people can get married. Just not with other gay people.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao holy shit you're fucking retarded

ElNono
11-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Gay people can get married. Just not with other gay people.

I don't hate anyone

baseline bum
11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Religion is one of two tools that are used to teach us to hate people we dont even know. The other is nationalism.

God bless America

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2011, 03:08 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao holy shit you're fucking retarded

i can't marry another male just the same as joe takesituptheassenstein can't

mojorizen7
11-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I'm still gonna side with Carlin.
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1293379833191&id=8f64cde5b36a66d2933b795136bfda2d&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.the4thmarketeer.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2011%2f06%2fThe-Sun.jpghttp://www.bullz-eye.com/entertainers/images/joe_pesci.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-23-2011, 07:04 AM

You're either intentionally acting retarded now or you are really fuckin stupid if you believe this. Good god.

Blake
11-23-2011, 10:49 AM

but you still want to be selfish and not give gays the right to marry other gays.

why?

cantthinkofanything
11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Serious question coming. Personally, I really don't give a shit if gays marry. To each his own. I realize that from many Christian standpoints, homosexuality is wrong. But from an evolutionary standpoint, doesn't homosexuality fly in the face of long term survival of a species? Spermbanks not withstanding. Or vice-versa, is it a form of population control that actually is beneficial to the survival of the species?

DarkReign
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Serious question coming. Personally, I really don't give a shit if gays marry. To each his own. I realize that from many Christian standpoints, homosexuality is wrong. But from an evolutionary standpoint, doesn't homosexuality fly in the face of long term survival of a species? Spermbanks not withstanding. Or vice-versa, is it a form of population control that actually is beneficial to the survival of the species?

Homosexuality is well-documented in the mammal kingdom, specifically in social mammals. That is, any mammal which spends its life in a social setting with members of their same species, homosexuality exists.

Most of the time its a bisexual proclivity, but in apes, it can be the exclusive practice.

I have not heard of homosexuality existing in whales (not a social species, really) or dolphins (very social). But in land-based, social mammals, homosexuality is literally everywhere. From rats, mice, lemurs, apes and humans, it is not uncommon. I will say, I havent heard of it in elephants, though (a very social mammal). They must have an oral, organized religion preventing it.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
is it a form of population control that actually is beneficial to the survival of the species?

Indirectly, yes.

jag
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Homosexuality is well-documented in the mammal kingdom, specifically in social mammals. That is, any mammal which spends its life in a social setting with members of their same species, homosexuality exists.

I heard this over and over and pretty much just accepted it. Then I actually did some research into it and realized how extremely rare it is to find actual homosexual "orientation" in mammals/animals. And that makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. What is more commonly observed is "bisexual" behavior.

It's an interesting idea because it pretty much leads back to a 'nature vs. nurture' argument. Many people have argued that homosexuality is genetically linked. If "gay" animals are not passing their "gay gene", then that gene would ultimately disappear.

I don't doubt that there are some limp-wristed animals out there. But it would be interesting to see what kind of role was played by any unique circumstances in their respective environments.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Most of the time its a bisexual proclivity, but in apes, it can be the exclusive practice.

I have not heard of homosexuality existing in whales (not a social species, really) or dolphins (very social). But in land-based, social mammals, homosexuality is literally everywhere. From rats, mice, lemurs, apes and humans, it is not uncommon. I will say, I havent heard of it in elephants, though (a very social mammal). They must have an oral, organized religion preventing it.
Well the obvious response is that those bi or homosexual animals are going to hell.

It's not that I think it hurts me in any way. Calling something marriage has nothing to do with whether it hurts me or not. It's just a belief that union between man and women is what makes a marriage.

Based on mother-fucking what? Because that's simply the way it has always been under law? Original, long-standing interpretations should be perpetually accepted..just because?

What's your take on driving under the influence? For centuries, there were no such DUI laws. That's because there were no cars. Eventually, people learned that it makes sense to have a law which makes it illegal to drive under the influence because alcohol impairs your ability to drive. There was a reason for the law. Things need to be updated as humans progress. Why can't you accept that social laws also need to be kept up to date?

Don't you believe there should be a reason for every single law we have? Like an actual purpose, not something like "oh just because that's what I think it should be"... I don't get why Christians NEED to force their beliefs into law, and can't just simply abide by their personal religious believes in their own personal lives. They just have to enforce their shit onto literally everyone, otherwise things are out of order.

In a country where religious freedom is a right guaranteed to all of its citizens, it's inconsistent to have laws influenced by any 1 religion. This is the 21st century. Every law should serve a purpose.

Agloco
11-23-2011, 11:56 AM
KgWpyobNTno

She's a troll btw.

mingus
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
but you still want to be selfish and not give gays the right to marry other gays.

why?

Marriage is an institution created by straight people for straight people. Just like BET was created by black people for black people. Or Harvard was created by smart people for smart people.

You can't please everyone. Some people are going to be excluded from certain things. It's not a fair world.

boutons_deux
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
They're making NEW LAWS specifically to interfere with legal relations between consulting adults. "Christian" Taleban and "Christian" hate groups practicing what Christ didn't teach.

mingus
11-23-2011, 12:15 PM

it may be because elephant males are solitary for most of their lives. females are sexually active for only a few days days every 3-9 years.

baseline bum
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I support traditional marriage, and think we need to say to hell with the new-fangled garbage parading under its name. Marriage should be what it has been for most of human history: the union between one man and many women, sold off by their fathers into slavery.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Marriage is an institution created by straight people for straight people. Just like BET was created by black people for black people. Or Harvard was created by smart people for smart people.

You can't please everyone. Some people are going to be excluded from certain things. It's not a fair world.

BET is a private company/network. Harvard is a private university. You seem to not understand that we're discussing a law, which is not supposed to be unfair. There has to be a legitimate purpose for every law, otherwise it is unnecessary.

You have ignored my question, so I will re post my previous post:

Based on mother-fucking what? Because that's simply the way it has always been under law? Original, long-standing interpretations should be perpetually accepted..just because?

What's your take on driving under the influence? For centuries, there were no such DUI laws. That's because there were no cars. Eventually, people learned that it makes sense to have a law which makes it illegal to drive under the influence because alcohol impairs your ability to drive. There was a reason for the law. Things need to be updated as humans progress. Why can't you accept that social laws also need to be kept up to date?

Don't you believe there should be a reason for every single law we have? Like an actual purpose, not something like "oh just because that's what I think it should be"... I don't get why Christians NEED to force their beliefs into law, and can't just simply abide by their personal religious believes in their own personal lives. They just have to enforce their shit onto literally everyone, otherwise things are out of order.

In a country where religious freedom is a right guaranteed to all of its citizens, it's inconsistent to have laws influenced by any 1 religion. This is the 21st century. Every law should serve a purpose.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2011, 12:50 PM
mingus, if you were a consistent, you would support African-American slavery, today. You would still be irrational, but you would at least be consistent.

Likewise, if our laws were consistent, there would be 3 potential routes from here:
1. Reintroduce slavery
2. Become a Christian nation, taking away religious freedoms
3. Accept gay marriage

Drachen
11-23-2011, 01:13 PM

YOU? I am further down than you are. I will have to swear off civil discourse for a while. Do you think Wild Cobra gives lessons? :lol

Blake
11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
it may be because elephant males are solitary for most of their lives.

co-signed,
priests

Blake
11-23-2011, 02:33 PM

Marriage rights can very easily be made fair.

What's a good reason not to give gays marriage rights?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Marriage is a religious institution. It was created to give various priest classes authorith over families and decent patterns. Get involved in that and there kids are brought into be indoctrinated as well. Cute little cycle.

If you want to be monogamous then more power to you but I do not like that a religion's license to fuck is sanctioned by the government.

DarkReign
11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
I heard this over and over and pretty much just accepted it. Then I actually did some research into it and realized how extremely rare it is to find actual homosexual "orientation" in mammals/animals. And that makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. What is more commonly observed is "bisexual" behavior.

It's an interesting idea because it pretty much leads back to a 'nature vs. nurture' argument. Many people have argued that homosexuality is genetically linked. If "gay" animals are not passing their "gay gene", then that gene would ultimately disappear.

I don't doubt that there are some limp-wristed animals out there. But it would be interesting to see what kind of role was played by any unique circumstances in their respective environments.

http://www.strandbooks.com/resources/strand/images/products/partitioned/0/6/2/0395690013.1.zoom.jpg

According to this research, homosexuality is quite common in the great apes, and by extension, humans.

Obviously, I have not been out in the field myself to do the research first-hand, but I trust the source. Its been more than a few years since I read the book, however.

Off point: This book is phenomenal. Gives a very inside look at the social dynamics of chimps specifically and apes in general. They concentrate on chimps because of eerily similar they are in behavior to pre-civilization humans. Tribal war, murder, serial rape, what we would call hedonism, etc.

The most compelling, for me, was chimps want to make war with rivals "next door". They form troops, mostly male but sometimes a few females too, and they patrol their "borders" looking for any intrusions. Most disturbingly is the most aggressive chimps (both male and female) will purposely enter enemy territory and seek out any rivals wandering too close to the border. They will then murder that chimp in the most brutal ways possible via rape (both male and females will be raped) and bludgeoning. They then drag the carcass around, almost as a trophy...but also, it is postulated, as a warning.

Apes cry, they mourn, they masturbate, they rape, the weak males are sometimes strictly homosexual (as a means to stay in the troop), bisexuality is common, especially amongst the females, war, murder, organization. Lots of stuff in that book.

Just really fascinating stuff.

boutons_deux
11-23-2011, 03:52 PM
cannibalism... goes great with Chianti

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Marriage is an institution created by straight people for straight people.
No it's not. Marriage has been around since ancient greece and there was plenty of "non-traditional" marriage back then.

mingus
11-23-2011, 10:34 PM
It's still not marriage. Not in my book. I have gay friends too. Hell, I'm actually doing a project with a gay guy. He invited me over to his house and we played Gears of War 3 a month ago. I've had enough affirmation from the gay people I've met to back up the fact that I don't hate them. And they get along with me fine. Hey, maybe ill change my mind on it sometime. Right now though I don't believe it's marriage. I've changed my views a number of times in my life on things but I do it on my terms and at my pace.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-23-2011, 10:37 PM
lol "I even have gay friends!"

Just like when the Nazis said they had Jewish friends

Monostradamus
11-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Just like BET was created by black people for black people.

crofl might want to use a different example tbh. BET wouldn't exist if it wasn't for this guy.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/john-malone/

FuzzyLumpkins
11-23-2011, 10:58 PM
It's still not marriage. Not in my book. I have gay friends too. Hell, I'm actually doing a project with a gay guy. He invited me over to his house and we played Gears of War 3 a month ago. I've had enough affirmation from the gay people I've met to back up the fact that I don't hate them. And they get along with me fine. Hey, maybe ill change my mind on it sometime. Right now though I don't believe it's marriage. I've changed my views a number of times in my life on things but I do it on my terms and at my pace.

So basically if a muslim, aborigine or hindu hetero couple gets married in their whatever ceremony then thats cool but if a homo couple gets married in whatever ceremony then your christian god does not recognize it and therefor its not a marriage?

DMC
11-23-2011, 11:36 PM
cannibalism... goes great with Chianti
And fava beans

DMC
11-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Marriage rights can very easily be made fair.

What's a good reason not to give gays marriage rights?
Give? They either have that right or they do not. The question would be whether to fight so they can exercise those rights or ignore that they are being denied them.

None of us are in a position to give rights.

No one has the right to tell another adult who they can and cannot make marriage vows with. Honoring those vows is a state thing, but it should not be.

ALVAREZ6
11-23-2011, 11:55 PM
It's still not marriage. Not in my book.

But why?? Other than that's just what it has been. You're actively ignoring my questions. Your position here implies that you don't believe laws should serve a purpose. What exactly is the purpose of limiting marriage to a man and woman only?

If you respond with, "well then I guess I don't believe all laws should serve a purpose," then it just makes you look stupid. This stance is no different than supporting a law that bans the parallel parking of all blue BMWs in Los Angeles between the hours of 6:49 pm and 8:03 pm on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

Explain "your book" because you have yet to state a legitimate reason for why gays should not be allow to marry.

ALVAREZ6
11-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Black people should still not be allowed to drink from the same water fountains as white people.

Why?

Well, that's simply the status quo, and has been for sometime now.

Why do you continue to hold this view? Do you believe black people are inferior people?

No no no, I never said that. Of course I don't believe that, I have several black friends! I love black people! I simply don't believe they should be able to drink from the same exact fountains. That would be crazy!

Obviously that shit made no sense to a point where eventually a majority of people agreed and discriminatory laws were reversed. mingus, explain how the gay marriage issue is any different. It's the same exact thing.

mingus
11-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Alvarez, you're a moron, and your past statements about how we should stick needles into murderers' urethras or subject them to torture are one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and don't reflect any of this so called reasoning you love to point out that I dont have.

As I said, you can't make everyone happy. I believe homosexuality is a form of deviant behavior. All of you have your own definition for what you consider to be deviant behavior, and I have mine. It just like bestiality, necrophilia, pedophilia, incest, etc. Homosexual necrophilia is especially bad.

RichardSimmons
11-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Alvarez, you're a moron, and your past statements about how we should stick needles into murderers' urethras or subject them to torture are one of the dumbest things I've ever heard and don't reflect any of this so called reasoning you love to point out that I dont have.

As I said, you can't make everyone happy. I believe homosexuality is a form of deviant behavior. All of you have your own definition for what you consider to be deviant behavior, and I have mine. It just like bestiality, necrophilia, pedophilia, incest, etc. Homosexual necrophilia is especially bad.

:flipoff

baseline bum
11-24-2011, 11:11 AM

What a dumbfuck you are, equating a consensual act between adults with goddamn child rape.

ALVAREZ6
11-24-2011, 11:25 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

lol deviant behavior

You're right, 2 consenting adults that aren't attracted to the opposite sex engaging in a relationship is just the same as bestiality and pedophilia. Equivalent to Sandusky raping 9 year old boys against their will. Same exact thing :tu. Why exactly do you believe homosexuality is a form of deviant behavior? --> Because of religion, and most logical adults agree that law and religion should be mutually exclusive in a country that states its citizens have freedom of choice when it comes to religion. Laws are something all members of society have to abide by, religion is something everyone can choose for their individual lives. Why can't you freaks accept that? You say you can't make everybody happy...but quite the contrary, you clearly can by legalizing gay marriage because then everybody would have that personal choice.

You think homosexuality is a 100% choice matter and is also deviant? Fine. Refrain from putting a cock in your mouth and you don't have to worry. Your god will still love you :lol. It's not like he's going to sentence you to hell for living in a country where gays can marry.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-24-2011, 11:34 AM
I love how mingus claims he doesn't hate gay people yet he compares homosexuality to inbreeding, necrophilia, pedophilia, and bestiality.

ALVAREZ6
11-24-2011, 11:41 AM
I love how mingus claims he doesn't hate gay people yet he compares homosexuality to inbreeding, necrophilia, pedophilia, and bestiality.

I'd love for him to tell all of his supposed gay friends that he believes their "choices" are equivalent to pedophilia. I wonder what their reaction would be. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I'd love for him to tell all of his supposed gay friends that he believes their "choices" are equivalent to pedophilia. I wonder what their reaction would be. :lol
if his gay friends (who he allegedly has) saw his posts in this thread I don't think they'd be playing computer games with him anymore :lol

DMC
11-24-2011, 01:39 PM

Being homosexual and marrying another homosexual has nothing to do with the act of sex, just as being heterosexual has nothing to do with having sex.

It has to do with attraction and self identity.

A person could be living a heterosexual lifestyle, yet still be homosexual in desire and identity.

In that case, is the individual deviant for being a homosexual who's engaging in heterosexual intercourse?

While you may find same gender sex to be deviant, what does that have to do with same gender marriage?

DMC
11-24-2011, 01:45 PM

All of our sexual desires can be misstated as such, but it's inherently wrong to compare child molestation to consensual sex between adults.

One could also compare the desire to hunt animals with the desire to hunt humans, since they both have a commonality in "desire to hunt".

Both comparisons are absurd.

ElNono
11-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't see how Kool trying to be Fabulous! affects mingus at all, tbh...

ChasingWithBible
11-25-2011, 11:48 AM
the mingus/DoK relationship reminds me of a certain someone and Dennis Rodman around the time of 1995 with the particular activities of forcing a certain book's principles down one's throat

Agloco
11-25-2011, 11:56 AM

This is beyond dumb tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm pretty sure mingus is Jewish tbh.

Just shows that evangelical Jews are no less nutty than evangelical Christians.

Muser
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
With that comment about Homosexuality being the same as necrophilia, he has to be trolling. Nobody can be so stupid.

Ginobilly
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
lol at atheists queers who complain about religion, yet still live in a social infrastructure created Euro-American elites who are Christian.
lol at Jevovah witness fags who try to shove their preaching down everybody's throat(I once was smoking a fatass blunt and drinking a cerveza when two JW's dudes came to my casa to talk about the word of God. I told them that I tanked god for weed, beer, and pussy!
lol at jews and muslims needing to move a Western society(created by christians)(US and Europe) because they couldn't build a badass society like ours.:lol
LoL at hipster queers complaining about harmless crosses at Texas A&M San Antonio, yet live in a city named after a Portugal saint that nobody even knows nothing about.:lmao
LMAO at people who take religion seriously:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2011, 12:58 PM
With that comment about Homosexuality being the same as necrophilia, he has to be trolling. Nobody can be so stupid.
You don't live in a country like America ruled by dogma and religious mythology, you haven't seen stupid :lol

Ginobilly
11-25-2011, 01:03 PM

I haven't heard of anal penetration in the animal kingdom between males. (only in Humans) I've heard of plenty of examples of homosexual behaviors, but never anal sex.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I haven't heard of anal penetration in the animal kingdom between males. (only in Humans) I've heard of plenty of examples of homosexual behaviors, but never anal sex.
The fact that you're so bothered by humans sodomizing each other that you're thinking about it is pretty weird, tbh.

Ginobilly
11-25-2011, 01:24 PM
The fact that you're so bothered by humans sodomizing each other that you're thinking about it is pretty weird, tbh.

I'm not bothered by it. I'm just stating that I have never heard of it in the animal kingdom. I've heard of animals having homosexual tendencies when they are deprived of females, but they never perform anal sex or carpet munching on each other. It's always licking each other and sleeping together, playing. (i.e dogs) Do you'll believe that homosexuality is a mental illness like the way the US military had it classified before, but since we live in a politically correct society, we don't want to hurt peoples feeling by calling them retarded for being gay.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 01:32 PM
What about gays in the military? On aircraft carriers and shit? Should those who fight for our freedom (fuck yeah) not be allowed to marry?

Ginobilly
11-25-2011, 01:39 PM
according to scientific research, nothing good comes out of anal sex, and it's the main way that gay men express their love to each other.
It's not good for your rectum and prostate. Would you really want another dude penetrating your ass(it's where shit/caca comes out) and smear your prostate gland with shit? Your gonna increase your chances of getting prostate cancer and all these diseases.

Ginobilly
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
What about gays in the military? On aircraft carriers and shit? Should those who fight for our freedom (fuck yeah) not be allowed to marry?

They could marry. They just have to marry somebody of the opposite sex like everybody else. If they don't like it, you could always leave the country and start your own country(with your own laws) in Africa or something.

mingus
11-25-2011, 01:46 PM
i think they should be allowed to serve in the military and without DADT they shouldn't feel ashamed of being gay, either. for the record, there's no shame in being gay. i was just fucking with you guys comparing it to pedophilia and necrophilia (i thought that was rather obvious when i said "homosexual necrophilia was exceptionally bad") but you guys have your panties all in a bunch and didn't see it.

there's no shame in being gay. just like the guy who can't get into an Ivy League school shouldn't have any shame because he's not smart enough. Or the plethora of other people who aren't allowed to participate in certain things because they don't fit the qualifications.

Bill_Brasky
11-25-2011, 01:49 PM
They could marry. They just have to marry somebody of the opposite sex like everybody else. If they don't like it, you could always leave the country and start your own country(with your own laws) in Africa or something.

Yes, thats the obvious, sensible solution for everyone. Instead of letting people make their own choices we should just ship all the gays off to Africa.

ALVAREZ6
11-25-2011, 01:52 PM
lol mingus diverting the conversation

mingus
11-25-2011, 01:57 PM
according to scientific research, nothing good comes out of anal sex, and it's the main way that gay men express their love to each other.
It's not good for your rectum and prostate. Would you really want another dude penetrating your ass(it's where shit/caca comes out) and smear your prostate gland with shit? Your gonna increase your chances of getting prostate cancer and all these diseases.

true. this is another thing i have a problem with it. anal sex is pretty fucking bad for you in a variety of ways i won't get into. not only that but HIV is much more common in the gay community. my mom just diagnosed a bisexual man last week with HIV after she suspected he may've had it.

homosexuality isn't healthy, yet this segment of the population decides that they will proceed with doing with despite the health hazards. i don't think there's a segment of the population that feels more self-righteously in support of their unhealthy lifestyle then these guys. smokers don't go around promoting their bad habits. they surely don't raise children with the idea that it's a good thing to do.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Why do you all hate the troops? Even DOK would respect them enough to extend them that right.

Axe Murderer
11-25-2011, 02:01 PM

DeadlyDynasty
11-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes, thats the obvious, sensible solution for everyone. Instead of letting people make their own choices we should just ship all the gays off to Africa.

:lmao

mingus
11-25-2011, 02:07 PM
i don't hate the gay troops. i've got more respect for them than i do our straight ones because i can't imagine how hard it'd be trying to accomplish a mission while thinking about what the person in front of you looks like naked. and i'm not even republican. i'm independent and even voted for Obama so don't throw me in with the idiots who booed the homosoldier in that debate.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 02:09 PM

LMAO Glengarry leads :lmao

The Reckoning
11-25-2011, 02:15 PM
i don't hate the gay troops. i've got more respect for them than i do our straight ones because i can't imagine how hard it'd be trying to accomplish a mission while thinking about what the person in front of you looks like naked.

best. troll. job. ever.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 02:20 PM
i don't hate the gay troops. i've got more respect for them than i do our straight ones because i can't imagine how hard it'd be trying to accomplish a mission while thinking about what the person in front of you looks like naked. and i'm not even republican. i'm independent and even voted for Obama so don't throw me in with the idiots who booed the homosoldier in that debate.

You're way off base. A good percentage of the medal of honor winners were probably just trying to impress the guy behind them.

rascal
11-25-2011, 02:23 PM

Smart move. No sense wasting your time on an Atheist.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm not bothered by it. I'm just stating that I have never heard of it in the animal kingdom.
There has been observed anal penetration among male bottle nose Dolphins. Sorry, but you're wrong.

rascal
11-25-2011, 02:34 PM

(Most belligerent)
DoK
Blake
redzero
boutons_deux
clambake
baseline bum
Can't_be_faded
ChumpDumper
ALVAREZ6
Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
RuffnReadyOzStyle
MannyIsGod
ElNono
DarkReign
AdmiralSnackbar
RandomGuy
LnGrrrR
Mr. Peabody
scott
Drachen
CuckingFunt

Good post. They are believers but rejectors at the same time. All men have a natural subconscious belief in God but some choose to reject that belief.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2011, 02:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with a general belief in god. The problem is not just believing in god, but also believing god is a homophobic sociopath who thinks rape victims shouldn't be able to have abortions and supports slavery.

DeadlyDynasty
11-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Good post. They are believers but rejectors at the same time. All men have a natural subconscious belief in God but some choose to reject that belief.

here we go...blood in the water

rascal
11-25-2011, 02:41 PM

I don't believe this.

mingus
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM
i think the government needs to pass legislation whereby all homosexuals have to have a tramp stamp that says warning: anal sex causes _______ and also have a picture of what an enlarged prostate and bacterialy infected penis looks like.

rascal
11-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Why do you care if two people from the same sex want to call living together a marriage, so they get the same rights that married people get. It doesn't bother me what they want to call their union or if they get the same rights as married people.

rascal
11-25-2011, 02:54 PM
here we go...blood in the water

?

DMC
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
1/10

Sense of the numinous is an old myth, debunked long ago by people far more capable than either of us.

DMC
11-25-2011, 03:02 PM
i think the government needs to pass legislation whereby all homosexuals have to have a tramp stamp that says warning: anal sex causes _______ and also have a picture of what an enlarged prostate and bacterialy infected penis looks like.
So you don't have a real position here. You have sold your lot on this for a pocket full of trolling tokens.

mingus
11-25-2011, 03:10 PM
just pointing out the inconsistencies of our society, that is all.

DMC
11-25-2011, 03:20 PM
just pointing out the inconsistencies of our society, that is all.

The inconsistency here is you though.

If you want to make a point, you should be able to do so without going to absurdity in your comparisons. The fact that you do is evidence that you don't really have a point to make.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't believe this.

I don't give a shit.

Blake
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Give? They either have that right or they do not. The question would be whether to fight so they can exercise those rights or ignore that they are being denied them.

None of us are in a position to give rights.

No one has the right to tell another adult who they can and cannot make marriage vows with. Honoring those vows is a state thing, but it should not be.

No, gays do not have equal marriage rights. Yes, it would be rather easy to give them those rights.

I have no idea what you are getting at in the rest of that jibberish.

Bill_Brasky
11-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Crofl

Bill_Brasky
11-25-2011, 04:42 PM

You're alright, mingus.

Agloco
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM

:lol

Agloco
11-25-2011, 05:19 PM

Yeah, we've been trolled.

Well played. :toast

DMC
11-25-2011, 06:06 PM
No, gays do not have equal marriage rights. Yes, it would be rather easy to give them those rights.

I have no idea what you are getting at in the rest of that jibberish.
Because you are an idiot with no grasp of abstract concepts, I will just tell you that rights are inherent things, freedoms are not.

If Gays had no right to marry other Gays, there would be no reason to discuss it.

If you want to shadow box the equivocation of the term "rights", be my guest.

ALVAREZ6
11-25-2011, 08:01 PM
This wasn't a troll job. It was a serious position, later turned half assed troll job when he realized he could not support his stance rationally and after many claimed this is way too stupid to not be a troll job.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 08:34 PM
This wasn't a troll job. It was a serious position, later turned half assed troll job when he realized he could not support his stance rationally and after many claimed this is way too stupid to not be a troll job.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VT_7-XA2SwE/Tdq_ux3G2eI/AAAAAAAAAU0/41SPA51GtQY/s200/bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329 .jpg

Axe Murderer
11-26-2011, 12:18 AM

This

The guy was dead set on his anti-gay marriage opinions and then tried to play if all off as a troll job, once he realized he got owned, by intentionally going over the top

mingus
11-26-2011, 03:13 AM
i still believe marriage is b/w man & woman (it wasn't an entire troll job). most of you guys happen to believe different. i don't have a problem with what you believe.

mingus
11-26-2011, 03:19 AM

in two years when Obamacare kicks in we'll be paying coverage for anal fissures and penis infections. explain that rationally.

paparazzi
11-26-2011, 06:11 AM
http://cloud.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Gay-Marriage.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Yup. He was originally 100% serious comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, necrophilia and bestiality.

JoeChalupa
11-26-2011, 11:26 AM
I'll be going to Mass this afternoon.

mingus
11-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Yup. He was originally 100% serious comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, necrophilia and bestiality.

i've been pushing for "To Catch a Homosexual" for a while now.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Tbh all of your jokes now don't erase the fact your original comparisons were 100% serious

mingus
11-26-2011, 11:46 AM
for being the pseudo intellectual caustic funny guy you fancy yourself to be, you sure walk around with a big stick up your ass.

DeadlyDynasty
11-26-2011, 01:16 PM

...and not a single fuck was given.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-26-2011, 01:35 PM

My favorite thing about Catholics is that you can wander in and get denied communion off the street. You have to join their club first apparently.

mingus
11-26-2011, 02:30 PM
You don't have to join their club. I went to Ethiopia with a bunch Catholics and some priests this past summer. Stayed with them in a city called Dire Dawa for a month. City is 70% Muslim and you have poor Catholic stations/community centers run by these amazing nuns who serve people of any creed, the vast majority of which were Muslim.

11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
i've been pushing for "To Catch a Homosexual" for a while now.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

hilarious!

tbh now with that joke, i've forgotten everything you've said earlier and am now brainwashed that this was all a troll job

mission accomplished!

mingus
11-26-2011, 02:43 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

hilarious!

tbh now with that joke, i've forgotten everything you've said earlier and am now brainwashed that this was all a troll job

mission accomplished!

Did Dok remove the stick up his ass and put it up yours or are you two the same person?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2011, 03:20 PM
lol pretending that you were joking the entire time

You woulda been better off just deleting your posts in this thread and denying you ever spouted your retarded opinions.

mingus
11-26-2011, 04:13 PM
lol pretending that you were joking the entire time

You woulda been better off just deleting your posts in this thread and denying you ever spouted your retarded opinions.

lol trying to color my obvious jokes (thought i made it clear when i said "homosexual necrophilia is exceptionally bad") as serious because you won't admit you have a 2-foot long stick up your ass. you also have the typical liberal arrogance that says anytime you or one of your own makes a joke it's fine but the second a conservative does (good luck calling me one through and through though), assumming your bias allows you to recognize it as a joke, you get all uptight and emotional about it. you make yourself an easy target.

ALVAREZ6
11-26-2011, 04:26 PM

mingus
11-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Alvarez, it looks like you've put my name under you're name. that's too gay for me. can i at least be on top?

mingus
11-26-2011, 04:32 PM
i was able to kill two turds with one stone in this thread

Blake
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Because you are an idiot with no grasp of abstract concepts, I will just tell you that rights are inherent things, freedoms are not.

You responded to my post and I wasn't talking in abstract concepts.

If you are going to talk in abstract concepts, you should say so. Nobody can read your mind, genius.

If Gays had no right to marry other Gays, there would be no reason to discuss it.

If everyone agreed they had no right to marry other gays, then there would be no reason to discuss it.

Not everyone agrees, genius.

If you want to shadow box the equivocation of the term "rights", be my guest.

What I said earlier got the point across, genius.

If you want to take it to another level and have a conversation regarding abstract concepts, let me know where you are going with it or just keep it to yourself.

Blake
11-26-2011, 04:56 PM
i was able to kill two turds with one stone in this thread

youve shat on yourself, tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
lol trying to color my obvious jokes (thought i made it clear when i said "homosexual necrophilia is exceptionally bad") as serious because you won't admit you have a 2-foot long stick up your ass. you also have the typical liberal arrogance that says anytime you or one of your own makes a joke it's fine but the second a conservative does (good luck calling me one through and through though), assumming your bias allows you to recognize it as a joke, you get all uptight and emotional about it. you make yourself an easy target.
Whether or not I think jokes are OK, it doesn't change the fact you weren't joking no matter how much you claim to be. You had plenty of retarded posts prior to your homophobic necrophilia post.

DMC
11-26-2011, 05:29 PM
in two years when Obamacare kicks in we'll be paying coverage for anal fissures and penis infections. explain that rationally.
We do already. Anal sex is alive and well in heterosexual relationships.

DMC
11-26-2011, 05:30 PM
i still believe marriage is b/w man & woman (it wasn't an entire troll job). most of you guys happen to believe different. i don't have a problem with what you believe.
I believe the same. It doesn't change the fact that my beliefs have nothing to do with another person's rights.

Bill_Brasky
11-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Wow nevermind, you're a complete fuckstick.

mingus
11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
We do already. Anal sex is alive and well in heterosexual relationships.

yeah, not to nearly the degree in the gay community obviously, but let's not divert. the subject is homosexuals. why do i have to pay coverage for their anal fissures, HIV, penis infections, etc? is that fair for me? you're asking me to be fair? maybe we're both unfair. you need to drop this idea that that's what you stand for because it's bullshit.

Agloco
11-26-2011, 08:15 PM

lol homosexuality as the only cause of said ailments.

You're quickly devolving from being dumb to disgusting.

mingus
11-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Where did I say homosexuality is the only cause of it? Pulling that out of your ass?

Is not participating in an activity which is hazardous to ones health on a day-to-day basis, and furthermore promoting it, disgusting?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-26-2011, 08:55 PM
lol homosexuality as the only cause of said ailments.

You're quickly devolving from being dumb to disgusting.
I give it 15 more posts before mingus acts like his medical effects from sodomy argument was just trolling even though he's clearly being serious about it right now

11-26-2011, 09:28 PM
I give it 15 more posts before mingus acts like his medical effects from sodomy argument was just trolling even though he's clearly being serious about it right now

i stickey the peepee in the poopeychute! lolz guys c'mon! you think i was really serious???

DMC
11-26-2011, 09:29 PM
yeah, not to nearly the degree in the gay community obviously, but let's not divert.

Not diverting. I'm addressing your statements. Heteros far outnumber homosexuals. Therefore by volume alone there is likely a far greater number of anal fissures and penis related illnesses due to hetero anal sex than homo anal sex.

Regardless, coverage is coverage, your insurance argument is defeated. If you wish to acknowledge that, do so.

the subject is homosexuals. why do i have to pay coverage for their anal fissures, HIV, penis infections, etc? is that fair for me? you're asking me to be fair? maybe we're both unfair. you need to drop this idea that that's what you stand for because it's bullshit.
We pay for all kinds of things that we disagree with. I am sure some of the things you've been treated for could have been prevented as well. Our relatives likely have cost the system a great deal from smoking related illnesses, and I don't want to pay for something I disagree with. I pay anyhow.

So what's your point here? Do gays have the same deontologicial right to marry as anyone else, since marriage, at it's core, is a vow between two people and their god?

I think so.

You aren't required to endorse it, but it's also not your business.

Agloco
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Where did I say homosexuality is the only cause of it? Pulling that out of your ass?

Pulled it out of yours tbh. If in your mind homosexuality isn't the cause, why the hell is it an issue then?

Lol homophobic idiot.

Agloco
11-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Feel the love mingus........feel the love.

http://m.gawker.com/5862737/

mingus
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM

did you even grasp the simple point that i made?

mingus
11-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Not diverting. I'm addressing your statements. Heteros far outnumber homosexuals. Therefore by volume alone there is likely a far greater number of anal fissures and penis related illnesses due to hetero anal sex than homo anal sex.

Regardless, coverage is coverage, your insurance argument is defeated. If you wish to acknowledge that, do so.

my insurance argument underscores the fact that we live a society that isn't fair. why should i play by different rules? why do you get to pick and chose when it's alright to be fair and unfair?

hypocrite.

You aren't required to endorse it, but it's also not your business.

what is and isn't my business isn't your business.

mouse
11-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Pulled it out of yours tbh. If in your mind homosexuality isn't the cause, why the hell is it an issue then?

Lol homophobic idiot.

Spoken like an educated person.

DMC
11-27-2011, 01:24 AM
my insurance argument underscores the fact that we live a society that isn't fair. why should i play by different rules? why do you get to pick and chose when it's alright to be fair and unfair?

hypocrite.

Your argument was that you don't want to start paying for...

I showed you that these issues exist already and aren't exclusive to sexual orientation.

It's not about being fair. It's about acknowledging when it's outside your scope of business.

Neither of us make policy and neither of us are the moral benchmarks for the world. You just have to accept it, ya don't have to like it.

what is and isn't my business isn't your business.
It's a public forum.

Sisk
11-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Feel the love mingus........feel the love.

http://m.gawker.com/5862737/

I don't care about marriage being open to gays, but I hate shit like that tbh. Makes me want to be against it more than anything.

Not because they're gay, but groups in general that do that kind of shit annoy me.

mingus
11-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Your argument was that you don't want to start paying for...

I showed you that these issues exist already and aren't exclusive to sexual orientation.

It's not about being fair. It's about acknowledging when it's outside your scope of business.

Neither of us make policy and neither of us are the moral benchmarks for the world. You just have to accept it, ya don't have to like it.

It's a public forum.

But I don't buy the "if it doesn't hurt me it's not my business" liberal dogma.

mingus
11-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Lol liberals saying I need to mind my own business all the while they've got their hands in my pockets to take my money and feed it into the plethora of social programs they've created many of which I don't agree with and yet I'm obligated to fund...mind my own business...hypocrites.

Halberto
11-27-2011, 08:33 AM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr7p8jKdUJ1qbz2gro1_500.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Spoken like an educated person.
:lol 40+ years old making 12 an hour
:lol uneducated
:lol retarded military dumbfuck

Jesus
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
:lol 40+ years old making 12 an hour
:lol uneducated
:lol retarded military dumbfuck

Judging another based on income and service to their country. When you are judged he will get the last laugh.