11-21-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/rangers-to-sign-joe-nathan-.html

Spursfan092120
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
??

Do they see something we don't?

coyotes_geek
11-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Looks to me like they see CJ Wilson in a different uniform next season.

But maybe it's just me.....

JamStone
11-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Will be interesting to see how hard Feliz throws in the early innings knowing he needs to pace himself for 6-7 innings and around 100+ pitches each time out. But I'm excited to see him as a starter.

Spursfan092120
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Looks to me like they see CJ Wilson in a different uniform next season.

But maybe it's just me.....

He's wanting 6 years and $120 million..if that's what he wants, he won't be a Ranger next year..that's for damn sure. I've already counted him out of Arlington, imo.

JamStone
11-21-2011, 10:20 PM
That price should come down though. I don't really see any team offering him anything close to that, not even the Yankees or Red Sox.

Spursfan092120
11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
That price should come down though. I don't really see any team offering him anything close to that, not even the Yankees or Red Sox.

True..maybe then we can talk..but right now, he's not worth NEAR what he's asking for. I'm not a fan of what he did in the playoffs, but in the regular season, he was an intregal part of our team, and how successful we were.

stretch
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
nice move. Feliz can do like what Ogando did this year, get a year of starting under his belt, if he seems to have some inconsistencies entering the playoffs, send him back to the bullpen. either way, a full year of starting should help him grow as a pitcher, whether he turns out to be a permanent starter, or go back to being a bullpen staple.

stretch
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
So if the Rangers are able to keep CJ... how should the rotation be handled?

I wonder if there is any chance of a 6 starting pitcher rotation, of CJ, Holland, Colby, Harrison, Feliz, and Ogando/Feldman?

JayTheClown
12-07-2011, 07:20 PM
So if the Rangers are able to keep CJ... how should the rotation be handled?

I wonder if there is any chance of a 6 starting pitcher rotation, of CJ, Holland, Colby, Harrison, Feliz, and Ogando/Feldman?

CJ
Lewis
Holland
Harrison
Feliz

Put Ogando back into bullpen or he becomes trade bait.

stretch
12-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Well now CJ is gone, but talk is that they are going after Gio Gonzalez or Matt Garza. I would take either, but probably prefer Gonzalez, due to younger age, and since he's a lefty.

I wonder if there is any chance they now go after Fielder?

JamStone
12-08-2011, 11:51 AM
You already have two other lefty starters in the rotation in Holland and Harrison. And Gio Gonzalez is highly overrated. He's a walk machine and he's greatly benefited from one of the pitcher friendliest home ballparks in the entire majors. Matt Garza is a little off. He has a few screws loose. But he's a really good pitcher. Still has that mid 90s fastball. And you know he will nut up in big games. Pitched well for the Rays and in big games, seemingly even against the Red Sox and Yankees. I'd go after him before Gio Gonzalez. And it sounds like the A's are asking a lot for Gio too. Don't know what the Cubs are looking for for Garza.

stretch
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Very true.

I'm torn on whether they should go after Fielder or not, for 2 reasons.

1. Money for keeping the players on the squad that haven't been paid yet (Holland, Feliz, Hamilton, Andrus, etc...)

2. How long he will last. He has been one of the most durable players in baseball, but I wonder how long he will last as a fielder. I would hate to pay him so much money to be just a DH in 3 years. Hopefully he can slim down a bit (the Texas heat would probably take care of some of that though, lol)

stretch
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Any predictions on how Feliz's first season as a starter will go?

I hear he is working on his off-speed pitches with Pedro Martinez, and has lost some weight as well...