PDA

View Full Version : Lebron responds to the legends who claim he teamed up

nevetslc
11-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Q: Great players before you, from Magic Johnson to Larry Bird to Michael Jordan, all seem to have said that they would never have wanted to team up with their rivals.

A: Right, right.

Q: Do you think their argument has no substance - because the game has changed so much?

A: Um, well I believe that when Magic was drafted to the Lakers he had Kareem and, as the team was built, James Worthy was part of that team, as was Jamaal Wilkes, and Bob McAdoo so he had four Hall of Famers right there on his team. And Jordan went through his bumps and bruises coming up with Chicago but they were eventually able to draft Scottie Pippen and then they got Horace Grant – two great players – and then they got Dennis Rodman – another Hall of Famer. So that team was built for Jordan. Same with Larry Bird. He had Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge – all great players. And eventually Bill Walton went to the Celtics. So I know the history of the game. Individuals get a lot of the spotlight. But there's never just been one individual who has done it by himself. You can go all the way back to when Oscar Robinson dominated at a high level and he was averaging triple-doubles season after season. But it was not until he teamed up with Kareem that he was able to win a championship. Same thing goes with Jerry West. Not a lot of people know that Jerry West went to the finals nine times and lost the first eight times. He won it at his ninth try. Throughout history only Kobe was able to win multiple championships with only one other all star teammate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/10079/lebron-james-opens-up-in-london

Barfunk
11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I see what you did there

JayTheClown
11-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Q: Great players before you, from Magic Johnson to Larry Bird to Michael Jordan, all seem to have said that they would never have wanted to team up with their rivals.

A: Right, right.

Q: Do you think their argument has no substance - because the game has changed so much?

A: Um, well I believe that when Magic was drafted to the Lakers he had Kareem and, as the team was built, James Worthy was part of that team, as was Jamaal Wilkes, and Bob McAdoo so he had four Hall of Famers right there on his team. And Jordan went through his bumps and bruises coming up with Chicago but they were eventually able to draft Scottie Pippen and then they got Horace Grant – two great players – and then they got Dennis Rodman – another Hall of Famer. So that team was built for Jordan. Same with Larry Bird. He had Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge – all great players. And eventually Bill Walton went to the Celtics. So I know the history of the game. Individuals get a lot of the spotlight. But there's never just been one individual who has done it by himself. You can go all the way back to when Oscar Robinson dominated at a high level and he was averaging triple-doubles season after season. But it was not until he teamed up with Kareem that he was able to win a championship. Same thing goes with Jerry West. Not a lot of people know that Jerry West went to the finals nine times and lost the first eight times. He won it at his ninth try. Throughout history only Kobe was able to win multiple championships with only one other all star teammate.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/10079/lebron-james-opens-up-in-london

Yet, Kobe isn't the greatest at anything.
Imagine that:lmao

Koolaid_Man
11-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Yet, Kobe isn't the greatest at anything.
Imagine that:lmao

yes he is...5 is greater than 4 :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-22-2011, 08:53 PM
he owns that dude that likes having other dudes as his live in personal assistant. I wonder how far apart their rooms were...I wonder if they bumped dicks in the night looking while looking for something cold to drink

lefty
11-22-2011, 10:33 PM
The Bulls didnt draft Pip

Lol James

nowhereman523
11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Person 1: "Yet X isn't the greatest"
Person 2: "Yes, X is greater than Y"

The quality of an American education right there.

Jodelo
11-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Nice try!

lefty
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/5bbv5e.jpg

namlook
11-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Lebron added this via twitter: "Everyone but Kobe who has won 5 rings has played with two additional HOFs at the same time."

"Kobe is the only player in NBA history with 5 rings who only had one other HOF on his team each time he won."

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-23-2011, 04:47 PM
like he used played and not led. hes finally choosing his words carefully.

Lukor
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Did Lebron ignore Dirk on purpose? Dirk had no allstar help and his HOFer was 38years old lol. And yet he took a huge dump on your 3allstar team.Way to go Lebron.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Did Lebron ignore Dirk on purpose? Dirk had no allstar help and his HOFer was 38years old lol. And yet he took a huge dump on your 3allstar team.Way to go Lebron.

fuck yea and as well he should...Dirk ain't shit

Giuseppe
11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Only pussies & assholes qualify NBA Titles.

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-23-2011, 05:40 PM
fuck yea and as well he should...Dirk ain't shit
took a shit on kobe

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2011, 05:43 PM
took a shit on kobe

wrong...it wasn't because of no queer ass team...My n|ggas were tired plain and simple....3 finals appearances in 4 yrs plus an Olympic gold medal...Dallas didnt win we merely sat that shit out...and that's why no one respects the Mavs title...cuz they know the Lakers gave them one...you ungrateful ass bastards should be thanking us

cantthinkofanything
11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Whoops

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
wrong...it wasn't because of no queer ass team...My n|ggas were tired plain and simple....3 finals appearances in 4 yrs plus an Olympic gold medal...Dallas didnt win we merely sat that shit out...and that's why no one respects the Mavs title...cuz they know the Lakers gave them one...you ungrateful ass bastards should be thanking us
i guess. not to mention they were in a very challenging series in the 1st round against chris paul &......Aaron grey. :lol never mind

:lol guess 6 month offseasons isnt enough for pro athlets with trainers & team docters. not to mention kobe having his own medical staff.

lakers should have had alot of rest from when shaq left and gasols arrival.

:lolusing the 08 olympics as an excuse.

:lol im not a mavs fan just pointing out the facts.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2011, 06:21 PM
i guess. not to mention they were in a very challenging series in the 1st round against chris paul &......Aaron grey. :lol never mind

:lol guess 6 month offseasons isnt enough for pro athlets with trainers & team docters. not to mention kobe having his own medical staff.

lakers should have had alot of rest from when shaq left and gasols arrival.

:lolusing the 08 olympics as an excuse.

:lol im not a mavs fan just pointing out the facts.

it's not an excuse it's the only rational explanation. Everyone and their mama knows Dallas isn't better than LA...hell even those fucked up ass Dallas queer fan boys know this shit...they're all still shocked than a muthafucker...they know that blue moon was in the sky during the play-offs...jump shooting teams win titles every 30 yrs or so...:lol

The 08 Olympics is like another finals for Kobe... sure it counts he lead his country to gold and was tired after 3 straight title runs plus an Olympics...it's a fact...

Huey Freeman
11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
wrong...it wasn't because of no queer ass team...My n|ggas were tired plain and simple....3 finals appearances in 4 yrs plus an Olympic gold medal...Dallas didn't win we merely sat that shit out...and that's why no one respects the Mavs title...cuz they know the Lakers gave them one...you ungrateful ass bastards should be thanking us

:lmao:lmaoSo the Lakers allowed the Mavs to embarrass them on national TV because they were tired? Really? So Kobe's punk ass allowed Dirk and his crew to dominate his team because he was tired from playing from playing in the Olympics 6 months before? Well, that proves it, Kobe cant be GOAT. That pussy got tired in the 2011 playoffs and allowed his team to get swept (badly) in the second round.

They should put this statement on Kobe's HOF plague:

Winner of 5 World Championships. Could have won 6, but this pussy got tired and just gave up in round 2. :lmao

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
:lmao:lmaoSo the Lakers allowed the Mavs to embarrass them on national TV because they were tired? Really? So Kobe's punk ass allowed Dirk and his crew to dominate his team because he was tired from playing from playing in the Olympics 6 months before? Well, that proves it, Kobe cant be GOAT. That pussy got tired in the 2011 playoffs and allowed his team to get swept (badly) in the second round.

They should put this statement on Kobe's HOF plague:

Winner of 5 World Championships. Could have won 6, but this pussy got tired and just gave up in round 2. :lmao

I know you...you that retarded dude from yesterday right?

Huey Freeman
11-23-2011, 06:39 PM
I know you...you that retarded dude from yesterday right?

I can get retarded on you motha fucka
Stop polluting SpurTalk bastard

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I can get retarded on you motha fucka
Stop polluting SpurTalk bastard

Marinate on these:

zW6tpk0uquw oxt-rVCZAAU

Huey Freeman
11-23-2011, 07:04 PM
^ I think its cute when you have nothing to say, you post some dump ass video you keep in your fruity ass collection. Keep it up wigger boy.

Kyle Orton
11-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Huey takin a shit on Kevin :lol

Bill_Brasky
11-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Only pussies & assholes quantify NBA Titles.

fify

Giuseppe
11-23-2011, 08:49 PM

pass1st
11-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Quantity over quality, eh Curly?

Giuseppe
11-23-2011, 10:59 PM
^eh.

Monostradamus
11-23-2011, 11:31 PM
fify

lol that coming from the 4>0 camp.

DMC
11-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Quantity over quality, eh Curly?
Every championship team was the best in the NBA that year.

You can sit around pretending to be a pundit, lamenting about who the best team was and comparing one year's team to another year's team until you are blue in the face. When it's all said and done, it comes down to the ring, nothing else.

pass1st
11-24-2011, 12:37 AM
Every championship team was the best in the NBA that year.

You can sit around pretending to be a pundit, lamenting about who the best team was and comparing one year's team to another year's team until you are blue in the face. When it's all said and done, it comes down to the ring, nothing else.

Except for asterisks, of course.

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-24-2011, 12:17 PM
it's not an excuse it's the only rational explanation. Everyone and their mama knows Dallas isn't better than LA...hell even those fucked up ass Dallas queer fan boys know this shit...they're all still shocked than a muthafucker...they know that blue moon was in the sky during the play-offs...jump shooting teams win titles every 30 yrs or so...:lol

The 08 Olympics is like another finals for Kobe... sure it counts he lead his country to gold and was tired after 3 straight title runs plus an Olympics...it's a fact...
ok so kobes was tired and had a hard time keeping up with the very quick & young jason kidd & jason terry. oh wait never mind. try and make any excuse you want but kobe got shit on by a couple of old men. plus kobe hardly ever shows up in the finals anyways. so hes had more rest than you think.

The ADMIRAL 50
11-24-2011, 04:00 PM

So what does that say about Phil* Jackson*?

Giuseppe
11-24-2011, 04:08 PM
^He's an asshole &/or a pussy for doing it.

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2011, 04:26 PM
^He's an asshole &/or a pussy for doing it.

can't lie...I love assholes and most certainly pussies :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2011, 04:27 PM
ok so kobes was tired and had a hard time keeping up with the very quick & young jason kidd & jason terry. oh wait never mind. try and make any excuse you want but kobe got shit on by a couple of old men. plus kobe hardly ever shows up in the finals anyways. so hes had more rest than you think.

nope...but I'd sure like to know what was tried ole shitbag's excuse...

DMC
11-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Except for asterisks, of course.
I've never seen a ring with an asterisk on it, nor a trophy with an asterisk on it.

Phil Jackson's career has an asterisk

* Always had a top tier player on his team and quit when he lost that player through trade, retirement or in Kobe's case, shitbaggedness.

pass1st
11-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I've never seen a ring with an asterisk on it, nor a trophy with an asterisk on it.

Phil Jackson's career has an asterisk

* Always had a top tier player on his team and quit when he lost that player through trade, retirement or in Kobe's case, shitbaggedness.

:stirpot:

Giuseppe
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
shitbaggedness

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

DMC
11-25-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.
The Lakers have set a trend as well.