PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Thanksgiving Thread

Agloco
11-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes a bit early. I just wanted to wish all of the board members a Happy Thanksgiving, or whatever holiday you might observe.

I'll be roasting a turkey (got it in the brine already) and making the sides we traditionally do: cream cheese mashed potatoes, sweet bread stuffing, etc.

Are you traveling? How do you make your turkey? What sides do you make? I thought it would be interesting to see what interesting ideas other folks have.

silverblk mystix
11-23-2011, 11:41 AM
...hookers and blow....

cantthinkofanything
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
...hookers and blow....

So, just you, your mom, and your sisters?

Frenzy
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I actually already had my thanksgiving(my side of the family anyway) on Sunday. My brother and sister could not make it this week so we all agreed to have it early. However my wife's side will have it on Thursday(across the street from my dad's house) so I'll just go over there :lol

First time I have had the guts to go over on a holiday. Hopefully no trouble erupts.

JayTheClown
11-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Happy Holiday Hell Day to all.

Frenzy
11-23-2011, 12:31 PM
You must be mexican or cambodian.

Both

Dex
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Mexibodian? :wow

I'll be going over to the fam's. Having the whole brood over, which always makes for loud and interesting, but fun, times.

I'll be making the loaded mashed potatoes, beans and ham, fruit salad, and maybe some banana bread or something. Work late today though, so I'll probably be up until mid morning cooking, but it beats having to get up in the mid-morning to start the turkey.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
cream cheese mashed potatoes.
ooooooooo. Do tell. :D

We just have the normal stuff over at my Parent's house, but this year I'm going to attempt to make the cranberry sauce which really doesn't look that hard to do. Only thing this year is I asked my folks if we could try and use as little packaged stuff as possible; like the stuffing mix, boxed broth/stock, rolls, etc. and it looks like we achieved that. Gonna be some good eats:toast

Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!

mrsmaalox
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
This is going to be a tough one. We lost my mom exactly a month ago, Oct 24th. My whole family arrived last night and we are going to try to pull off as normal a holiday as we can. Our main goal is just to get my dad thru it.

Dex
11-23-2011, 05:27 PM
This is going to be a tough one. We lost my mom exactly a month ago, Oct 24th. My whole family arrived last night and we are going to try to pull off as normal a holiday as we can. Our main goal is just to get my dad thru it.

Condolences, mrsmaalox. Best wishes to you and your family; try to enjoy each other's company and be thankful for the times that you have had together, even those with the dearly departed, and also be thankful for the times you can still share with one another.

My father is currently battling cancer and it's looking like this may be the last holidays we will all get to spend together, so I plan to cherish every single last second of it. I can't imagine what next year will be like and don't even want to at this point, but it is a very rough passing that all of us must face eventually...not that that makes it any easier for any of us when that time comes.

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Yes a bit early. I just wanted to wish all of the board members a Happy Thanksgiving, or whatever holiday you might observe.

I'll be roasting a turkey (got it in the brine already) and making the sides we traditionally do: cream cheese mashed potatoes, sweet bread stuffing, etc.

Are you traveling? How do you make your turkey? What sides do you make? I thought it would be interesting to see what interesting ideas other folks have.

fuck that saltine ass pilgrims pride holiday... I'm fucking eating baby back ribs like a muthafucker...

Dex
11-23-2011, 10:39 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-thanksgiving-disasters-youre-probably-not-prepared-for/

benefactor
11-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and your family.

We will be doing the regular family thing at my moms with all my brothers and sisters and the mountain of grandkids.

JoeChalupa
11-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this Blessed day. As I peeked in on my girls peacefully sleeping this morning my heart filled with joy and I thank God for bringing their mother into my life. I pray for all those less fortuhate than I for I know there are many across the globe.

Spursfan092120
11-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone....

waiting for DoK, Y.H., and the rest of the jackasses to come in here and talk about how evil and corrupt the Pilgrims were, and how we are horrible people to be celebrating.

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this Blessed day. As I peeked in on my girls peacefully sleeping this morning my heart filled with joy and I thank God for bringing their mother into my life. I pray for all those less fortuhate than I for I know there are many across the globe.

I'm sure the American Indians peeked in on their peacefully sleeping kids too, and thanked god for their beautiful wives right before they were butchered by the man...:lol who then went on to create a Thanksgiving holiday in remembrance of the slaughter.

Gain Perspective. Mexicans seem to think in linear as opposed to parallel fashion. Dam shame really.

Giuseppe
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
The American Indians could slaughter with the best of 'em.

They had no room.

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2011, 11:01 AM

They had no room.

they didn't set sail to claim a foreign land. They didn't turn the other cheek either...so I disagree with you here...they had plenty of room and the pilgrims wanted some of it..( no pun intended)

Giuseppe
11-24-2011, 11:33 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zP9hgpTsNDs/Sw6-mKG3hvI/AAAAAAAAAUM/TSE2j2MJsdY/s1600/turkey.jpg

pawe
11-24-2011, 11:34 AM

They had no room.

they didn't set sail to claim a foreign land. They didn't turn the other cheek either...so I disagree with you here...they had plenty of room and the pilgrims wanted some of it..( no pun intended)

LOL look at this one testicle talking to the other testicle.

Wild Cobra
11-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Finally back home after two back to back dinners.

I am stuffed, probably more than the turkeys were.

DMC
11-25-2011, 12:52 AM
If you are going to be territorial in a deadly fashion, you'd better be the baddest motherfucker in the woods.

They were and they weren't.

DMC
11-25-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm sure the American Indians peeked in on their peacefully sleeping kids too, and thanked god for their beautiful wives right before they were butchered by the man...:lol who then went on to create a Thanksgiving holiday in remembrance of the slaughter.

Gain Perspective. Mexicans seem to think in linear as opposed to parallel fashion. Dam shame really.
At least the natives got their licks in. The blacks were sold out by their own leaders. That tradition continues till this day.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-25-2011, 12:56 AM

Best post in this thread tbh

Giuseppe
11-25-2011, 07:47 AM
If you are going to be territorial in a deadly fashion, you'd better be the baddest motherfucker in the woods.

They were and they weren't.

They brought a knife to a gun fight.

uh, uh.

cheguevara
11-25-2011, 10:58 AM
http://madridman.com/blog-madrid/mr-bean-cooking-turkey.jpg

marini martini
11-25-2011, 12:51 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/LydiaDianne/Rednecks/RedneckThanksgiving.jpg

DeadlyDynasty
11-25-2011, 01:02 PM
The food was rigoddamndiculous this year (props to my mom and my aunts)...turkey, honey ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, rolls, stuffing, mac and cheese (baked w/ breadcrumbs on top), and pumpkin pie. It's the one holiday where gluttony should be embraced...and the best part of all: leftovers tonight:hungry:

Downside is I feel like I've gained 15 pounds

Agloco
11-25-2011, 01:54 PM
The food was rigoddamndiculous this year (props to my mom and my aunts)...turkey, honey ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, rolls, stuffing, mac and cheese (baked w/ breadcrumbs on top), and pumpkin pie. It's the one holiday where gluttony should be embraced...and the best part of all: leftovers tonight:hungry:

Downside is I feel like I've gained 15 pounds

Glad you had a good one. :toast

Dex
11-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, we definitely had a feast for the ages. Biggest one yet imo.

Turkey & Gravy
Spiral Cut Ham
Stuffing
Salad
2 kinds of Fruit Salad
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Pinto Beans & Ham
Green Bean Casserole
Candied Yams
Chips & Queso
Bread / Rolls
Banana Bread
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Fudge
Blueberry Cobbler
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Bars
Pecan Pie
Oatmeal Macadamia Nut Cookies

Holy hell, I'm getting full again just thinking about it. Can't wait to bust out some Thanksgiving Sammiches tonight.