PDA

View Full Version : A conservative's take on recent canidates?

Halberto
11-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm curious to hear the thoughts of those who live on the right-wing of the spectrum. Please, no trolling. I'm genuinely curious to hear your points of view.

Are you optimistic about future canidates?
Would you prefer Perry, Cain or Romney over Obama?
Do you believe Obama will have a second term? If so, why?
How do you think this will affect Congress?
Would you ever consider Ron Paul?

mavs>spurs
11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Ron Paul is leading every damn poll I see, the media can't keep up the "can't win" facade anymore. He even wins when paired up against Obama, the ONLY candidate who can boast that.

DMX7
11-23-2011, 11:36 PM
lol, Ron Paul leads every poll except the republican primary poll.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Ron Paul is leading every damn poll I see, the media can't keep up the "can't win" facade anymore. He even wins when paired up against Obama, the ONLY candidate who can boast that.Link to these polls you are seeing, please.

DMX7
11-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Ron Paul would be an absolute disaster of a President.

He would create the ultimate stalemate in Washington because the Congress wouldn't accept anything he proposes and he would probably veto nearly everything the Congress passed. Sounds a bit like Washington today tbh, but this would be much worse.

mavs>spurs
11-23-2011, 11:49 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/pdf/poll11-15-11.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-spokane/ron-paul-front-runner-iowa-caucus-poll-says

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/69035.html

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/501549

these are just for the recent iowa debate, he's been kicking ass this whole time though.

mavs>spurs
11-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Ron Paul would be an absolute disaster of a President.

He would create the ultimate stalemate in Washington because the Congress wouldn't accept anything he proposes and he would probably veto nearly everything the Congress passed. Sounds a bit like Washington today tbh, but this would be much worse.

sounds like we need a new congress too.

mavs>spurs
11-23-2011, 11:54 PM
he won the illinois straw poll too

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/06/us-usa-campaign-illinois-idUSTRE7A507M20111106

ChumpDumper
11-23-2011, 11:57 PM
OK, so those two polls show Paul tied for the lead in one state.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Straw polls mean shit.

DMX7
11-24-2011, 12:01 AM
OK, so those two polls show Paul tied for the lead in one state.

Exactly, and an unimportant state at that. Iowa isn't exactly known for picking the future Presidents either, just for being ridiculously overhyped.

mavs>spurs
11-24-2011, 12:09 AM
He finishes in the top 1 or 2, 3rd at the absolute worst in just about every state. His consistency and rising popularity is nothing to scoff at, even if straw polls won't win the election. Don't be so quick to count him out just because the media won't give him any attention. There's a reason that the establishment doesn't want to see Ron Paul in the white house.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2011, 12:10 AM
He finishes in the top 1 or 2, 3rd at the absolute worst in just about every state. His consistency and rising popularity is nothing to scoff at, even if straw polls won't win the election. Don't be so quick to count him out just because the media won't give him any attention. There's a reason that the establishment doesn't want to see Ron Paul in the white house.It's a conspiracy!

Halberto
11-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Thread is in process of a Ron Paul hijack :(

mavs>spurs
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
It's a conspiracy!

It really is and even certain particular media outlets haven't been able to ignore it anymore here lately.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2011, 12:15 AM
It really is

mavs>spurs
11-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Agreed

ChumpDumper
11-24-2011, 12:21 AM
lol agreed with yourself

FuzzyLumpkins
11-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Fox News does not embrace Paul but he has polled well at various locations for quite some time now. We all recall Yoni and Darrin telling us they were 'Crackers for Cain' when Cain polled well for a couple of weeks.

Paul is going to drop out and run Libertarian eventually; the GOP establishment just does not want him. Its not a conspiracy. Its just US politics.

spursncowboys
11-24-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm curious to hear the thoughts of those who live on the right-wing of the spectrum. Please, no trolling. I'm genuinely curious to hear your points of view.

Yes. All of them
Cain, Perry or Romney>BHO
No. inflation up. unemployment up. etc.
Repubs will win congress. I believe this will destroy any plans they have. They will do exactly what the Repubs did with supermajority in 02 and what Dems did in 08. Hopefully not but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yes. Anyone is better than BHO

Winehole23
11-24-2011, 02:44 AM
GOP always picks the guy who's next in line. That would be Mitt Romney. It will never be Ron Paul's turn.

Winehole23
11-24-2011, 02:45 AM
The main reason why not: the GOP base is reluctant to vote for apparent losers.

Wild Cobra
11-24-2011, 04:22 AM

No.

Cain.

No.

Very little, unless we replace most of congress.

Yes. I like him, but he is weak of defense.