PDA

View Full Version : Deal Done, NBA starts Dec 25

Lukor
11-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Beat y'all to it:lol

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
The NBA and players have reached an agreement on a deal, source says. The season will start on Dec. 25.

KBergCBS Ken Berger
BREAKING: Tentative agreement reached, according to one of the negotiators. # NBA # lockout

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Deal done, source says. NBA is back.

Kai
11-26-2011, 03:34 AM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww4/kermitcriminal/W2Y2O.gif

Time to build the dynasty, Morey. You've had extra time to plan so I better see Dwight/CP3/1993 MJ in Rockets Red this season. That 9 seed isn't gonna win itself.

Jacob1983
11-26-2011, 04:01 AM
So will Christmas be the only day that stays the same schedule wise or will more teams play on Christmas now? And what about teams being able to play each other at least twice in a season, will that still happen? Or will western conference teams only play eastern conference teams once?

Kai
11-26-2011, 04:04 AM
So will Christmas be the only day that stays the same schedule wise or will more teams play on Christmas now? And what about teams being able to play each other at least twice in a season, will that still happen? Or will western conference teams only play eastern conference teams once?

Good questions. There are only 3 games on Christmas. Not sure of the other answers.

Dex
11-26-2011, 04:07 AM

If they can hammer out a 66-game schedule, then teams should still able to play each other twice. I'm totally guessing here, but I would venture to say that each team plays each other 2 times (58 games), divisional opponents play 4 times (8 more games).

As far as the majority of the schedule, they will obviously have to revamp the whole thing, but I don't see why they couldn't keep the same lineup for Christmas to kick things off.

TIMMYtoZO
11-26-2011, 04:12 AM
Hell yes! Miami's time is now. With the big 3 having a full year together, an improving Chalmers, the signing of Dalembert or Nene (long shot), a healthy Haslem/Miller, etc etc, no one is taking down Miami this year. LA/Boston are old and declining, OKC has no scoring big man, Chicago only has Rose, and Dallas will be older. Miami is ready! Fuck yeah!

JayTheClown
11-26-2011, 04:15 AM
Fuck yeah

BRHornet45
11-26-2011, 04:29 AM
fucking son of a bitch

I wanted my money back from these thugs

pass1st
11-26-2011, 04:34 AM
fucking son of a bitch

I wanted my money back from these thugs

That money probably already was spent on drugs and hookers, judging by NBA player spending habits.

endrity
11-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Get those rings ready!

BRHornet45
11-26-2011, 04:58 AM
well get the * out because this will be almost as bogus of a season as 1999 was.

Koolaid_Man
11-26-2011, 08:31 AM
well get the * out because this will be almost as bogus of a season as 1999 was.

let the dismantling of the Hornets begin...:lol BR...what will you call yourself once they're disbanded. :lmao

Nathan89
11-26-2011, 08:50 AM
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww4/kermitcriminal/W2Y2O.gif

Fuck Yeah.

Drive for Five.:flag:

lefty
11-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Fuck!

I wanted a lockout

DeadlyDynasty
11-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Meh

baseline bum
11-26-2011, 12:41 PM
If they can hammer out a 66-game schedule, then teams should still able to play each other twice. I'm totally guessing here, but I would venture to say that each team plays each other 2 times (58 games), divisional opponents play 4 times (8 more games).

As far as the majority of the schedule, they will obviously have to revamp the whole thing, but I don't see why they couldn't keep the same lineup for Christmas to kick things off.

That much cross country travel in a compressed schedule is going to be too much I think. I'd rather they did more like 1999 and kept conference games a higher priority, though I'm sure lots of small market owners will be pissed if they don't get a Heat game.

Nathan89
11-26-2011, 12:54 PM
lol heat fans have to watch mavs get rings on Christmas.

endrity
11-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, play 60 and it's great.

Nathan89
11-26-2011, 12:59 PM

I prefer they play more teams three times but I guess your way does seem likely.

Jacob1983
11-26-2011, 12:59 PM
If the NBA wants to show that it's changed, they should add a couple of games to Christmas with small market teams playing on the day. Let the Bobcats and Grizzlies play in Memphis at 7pm and the Pacers and Kings play at 9:30pm Christmas night.

Nathan89
11-26-2011, 01:01 PM
^Shit won't happen. Shit shouldn't happen.

They never said they wanted to show shitty games.

Jacob1983
11-26-2011, 01:09 PM
What about competitive balance?

DeadlyDynasty
11-26-2011, 01:27 PM
If the NBA wants to show that it's changed, they should add a couple of games to Christmas with small market teams playing on the day. Let the Bobcats and Grizzlies play in Memphis at 7pm and the Pacers and Kings play at 9:30pm Christmas night.

How does that help the NBA?

Nobody would watch that shit on xmas night, not even their fans.

Dex
11-26-2011, 01:39 PM

When they talk about competitive balance, they mean every team has a chance to contend for a title, not every team gets some time in the spotlight or on the national stage.

I guarantee you that like 80% of the games shown nationally, including Christmas and other holidays, are going to be Heat, Lakers, Knicks, and now Mavericks-based.

LakerHater
11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Owners, players reach handshake deal to end lockout

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/ed/experts/wojnarowski.pngBy Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

The NBA and the Players Association have reached a tentative agreement to end the five-month old lockout and start the league’s 2011-12 season on Dec. 25.

After 16 hours of negotiations Friday, the two sides reached a handshake agreement a little after 3 a.m. ET in New York. Both sides must still get a majority vote from the 29 owners and 450 players to finalize the agreement – as well as negotiate a series of smaller issues like a drug testing policy.
The owners made “significant moves” toward the players on several important system issues that long separated the two sides, a union source told Yahoo! Sports Saturday morning. “There’s still some tweaking to those that needs to be done,” the source said.

http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/uRZ01UCiaArq2dLdeOS5CA--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NyPTA7ZHg9MDtkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcA--/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/sterninside112611.jpg
NBA commissioner David Stern said training camps would open Dec. 9 if owners and players vote to ratify the labor deal.

After the tentative agreement was announced, some players privately said they would not vote for the deal, believing they had conceded too much to the owners. Still, there is not believed to be enough support to block ratification.

“We’re optimistic that the [agreement] will hold and we’ll have ourselves an NBA season,” NBA commissioner David Stern said at a brief news conference held in New York with Players Association executive director Billy Hunter and president Derek Fisher.

Free agency and training camps will start on Dec. 9, Stern said. Under the current agreement, the regular season would have a 66-game schedule that begins on Christmas Day with three games: Boston Celtics at the New York Knicks; Miami Heat at the Dallas Mavericks; and Chicago Bulls at the Los Angeles Lakers.
“It’s finally great to wake up to this kind of news,” Houston Rockets guard Kevin Martin said.

After disbanding as a union and filing an antitrust suit against the NBA, the Players Association needs to reform as a union and hold a vote to ratify the deal. The terms of the agreement included a 50-50 revenue split between the owners and players, a source said.
“We thought it was in both of our interest to try to reach a resolution and save the game and to be able to provide the mind of superb entertainment the NBA historically has provided,” Hunter said.

The negotiating session nearly came undone in the early moments on Friday night when Players Association counsel Jeffrey Kessler told Stern and the NBA’s negotiating team through a speaker phone that the players wanted to move back to a 51 percent revenue split, a league source told Y! Sports. Stern, labor relations committee chairman Peter Holt and deputy commissioner Adam Silver termed the proposal “unacceptable,” and soon left the conference room.
The players were feeling out how much leverage their antitrust lawsuits gave them, sources said, but it’s long been clear that Stern didn’t have ownership support to go beyond 50 percent. The players had a 57 percent share of the revenue split in the last collective bargaining agreement, and the move to 50-50 could shift as much as $3 billion to the owners over the course of a 10-year agreement.
“I speak for everyone when we say, ‘If we work, we’re excited,” Lakers forward Matt Barnes said. “I thought we’d eventually come to something. The league is doing too well to dismiss the season. I thought we’d get started in January or February.”
The settlement talks between the two sides began Tuesday and intensified Friday. Fisher flew to New York to join the negotiations that also included Silver, Holt and lawyers for both sides.
“It was a roller-coaster ride,” Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry said. “I followed every negotiating session and got my hopes up many times.”
The two sides thought they had previously been within reach of a deal a month ago only to have talks break down. After Stern threatened the players with a “reset” offer that would have included a 53 percent share of revenue for the owners, the players decided to disband their union on Nov. 14.
“The reason for the settlement was we’ve got fans, we’ve got players who would like to play and we’ve got others who are dependent on us,” Stern said. “And it’s always been our goal to reach a deal that was fair to both sides and get us playing as soon as possible, but that took a little time.”
CBSSports.com first reported the end of the lockout.

lil_penny
11-26-2011, 02:06 PM
so this means the heat get to watch the mavs get there rings lol

LakerHater
11-26-2011, 02:10 PM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=nbatimline.jpg&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

DMC
11-26-2011, 02:25 PM
"LOSERS: Lakers fans

One nice thing about rooting for the Lakers has long been knowing that the team would spend whatever it would take to be competitive. Now that’ll be harder."

:lmao

Johnson
11-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Fuck!

I wanted a lockout
how about we lock you out - of ST

DMC
11-26-2011, 02:40 PM
The Hornets have a goal to get an *, if only they can get West a breast removal and CP3 a 2nd round.

DMC
11-26-2011, 02:44 PM
The Grizzlies should never see a Christmas game after gifting Pau to LA. They made their beds.

These teams you speak of have done nothing to deserve prime time. Let them manage their money, draft properly, scout properly and coach properly. After that they can win some games and maybe people will want to watch them.

mavs>spurs
11-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Mavs gonna treat the rest of the NBA like a project hoe

REPEAT BITCHES

DMC
11-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Mavs gonna treat the rest of the NBA like a project hoe

REPEAT BITCHES
I believe this if Tyson doesn't get hurt.

mavs>spurs
11-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Old legs have been rested and it's time to get it CRUNK

Giuseppe
11-26-2011, 02:49 PM
"LOSERS: Lakers fans

One nice thing about rooting for the Lakers has long been knowing that the team would spend whatever it would take to be competitive. Now that’ll be harder."

:lmao

The players---their assholes the size of the Lincoln Tunnel--Media will permit to stand in peace.

Us? LakerFan...We're gonna get lashed to the whipping pole.

Let us proceed...

lefty
11-26-2011, 02:51 PM
how about we lock you out - of ST

Sooooooooooo funny :lmao

Kyle Orton
11-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Tyson lets go to to openin night

Spursfan092120
11-26-2011, 02:53 PM

* is garbage. Everybody played the same amount of games...everybody had the same amount of opportunity to get hurt or stay healthy. If the other teams didn't work out to stay healthy, that's their own damn fault. They make enough money to train year round, no matter if they're playing or not.

LakerHater
11-26-2011, 03:00 PM
How bout fans lock out players & league ... fans dont buy tix or merchandise...

mavs>spurs
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Tyson lets go to to openin night

looks like my wallet will have to GET DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN when it sees oleee CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLISLEEEEEEEEE

DeadlyDynasty
11-26-2011, 03:10 PM
* is garbage. Everybody played the same amount of games...everybody had the same amount of opportunity to get hurt or stay healthy. If the other teams didn't work out to stay healthy, that's their own damn fault. They make enough money to train year round, no matter if they're playing or not.

It's still an * if a bunch of games were wiped out. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see my team win in an asterisk season than not win, but it's still an *.

No reason to feel inferior because of it--but it is amazing how Phil Jackson continues to troll the Spurs fanbase off of one quote from 12 years ago:lol

Nathan89
11-26-2011, 03:13 PM
I believe this if Tyson doesn't get hurt.

The team can repeat if Butler and Blowbla can step up huge for them. They might even make a few more tweaks. That being said a lot of Mavs role players played better than I thought possible in the playoffs and doing that again seems rather difficult.

I still think the Spurs would have a better chance against the Mavs than the Lakers.

DMC
11-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I have checked everywhere and I do not see an * on any NBA reference site.

Phil Jackson is not an oracle, FYI.

Also, had he said that before the season began, that would be a different matter.

Saying it after you lose is just sour grapes.

TIMMYtoZO
11-26-2011, 03:18 PM
The team can repeat if Butler and Blowbla can step up huge for them. They might even make a few more tweaks. That being said a lot of Mavs role players played better than I thought possible in the playoffs and doing that again seems rather difficult.

I still think the Spurs would have a better chance against the Mavs than the Lakers.

Not even close. Duncan being just a role player made them beatable against anyone in the west last year.

dude1394
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Well watching the Mavs get their rings and raise their banner on xmas day will probably inspire Lebrons testicles to draw back up.

Good god how do you get rid of these stinking embedded youtubes!

Banzai
11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Title belongs in the West.

Monostradamus
11-28-2011, 05:56 PM

YK4ThkJKqMo