PDA

View Full Version : Today is Small Business Saturday, Nov. 26.

JoeChalupa
11-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Pledge to shop at a local small business and help fuel the economy! I'm hitting up a small local bookstore and bakery today. You won't find me in any wal-mart or Target today.

johnsmith
11-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Pledge to shop at a local small business and help fuel the economy! I'm hitting up a small local bookstore and bakery today. You won't find me in any wal-mart or Target today.

Especially since you, your wife, and your children were already fighting people in lines at those same stores yesterday......but today you're ethical!!!

Hooray!!!

JoeChalupa
11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Especially since you, your wife, and your children were already fighting people in lines at those same stores yesterday......but today you're ethical!!!

Hooray!!!

Wrong. We didn't spend one minute shopping yesterday. Not one.

scott
11-26-2011, 12:47 PM
While I am the first to espouse the ideas of supporting small, local business, I find it a bit funny that American Express made up this "holiday" in order to increase usage of their cards. Big business sees the market for small business, and is finding a way to get a cut of the action.

SnakeBoy
11-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I tried to buy something today at a small business but he was out of what I wanted so I had to go to an evil box store that understands how to manage their inventory.