PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Best Batman movie since Batman. It's pretty damn awesome. I think I remember reading a few books with the main character in them back in middle school. Raz Agul or something of that nature. I can't completely remember. But either way, this Batman makes me really wish they'd make another one with Christian Bale in the same style.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Fucking Mandy stole my thunder.

Ginofan
06-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Loser!

GoldToe
06-16-2005, 01:30 PM
So is Katie Holmes HOT in this or not!?!?

Faccia di Angelo
06-18-2005, 01:29 AM
wow, awesome movie! I wouldn't mind watching it again. I didn't think it was gonna be that long though. I think Christian Bale did a great job, his best role since American Psycho. That guy is huge! Yum.

MannyIsGod
06-18-2005, 02:02 AM
We saw it at the IMAX tonight. Pretty freaking awesome!

ObiwanGinobili
06-18-2005, 07:30 AM
thanx for the greta review...

I've been iffy about seeing it casue I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Batman & Robin. Even tho I've heard that this movie is more in the dark style of the Tim Burton Directed 1st two in the series... it's hard to get that 3rd peice of total crap out of your mind. KWIM??

anyway, was it booked at the IMAX? I'm thinking about heading downtown for the day lkater this week. But don't want to be in a huge crowd.

NameDropper
06-18-2005, 08:00 AM
So is Katie Holmes HOT in this or not!?!?

Rumor has it she looks fine.

ZStomp
06-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I saw the movie yesterday an I also thought it was very good. And yes, Katie Holmes is yummy...as always..;)

I'm not going to kill you. But I don't have to save you.- Batman

Duff McCartney
06-18-2005, 11:48 AM
They are going to make another one...rumor mill is that Mark Hamill AKA Luke Skywalker could be signed on to play the Joker.

How about Cillian Murphy? He was fucking brilliant as the Scarecrow. I loved him. He played the lunatic part brilliantly.

TNT21
06-18-2005, 12:21 PM
thanx for the greta review...

I've been iffy about seeing it casue I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Batman & Robin. Even tho I've heard that this movie is more in the dark style of the Tim Burton Directed 1st two in the series... it's hard to get that 3rd peice of total crap out of your mind. KWIM??

anyway, was it booked at the IMAX? I'm thinking about heading downtown for the day lkater this week. But don't want to be in a huge crowd.

This movie is nothing like those other pieces of shit! This is the best Batman movie EVER!! Even better that the first one. Very gritty and full of action. FINALLY!!

goliath
06-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Just got back from seeing it.

Great, great movie.

Very faithful to the comic books, like Batman Year One.

Very dark and gritty.

No comparision to the old ones, especially the last couple.

Highly recommended

T Park
06-18-2005, 08:42 PM
If they make another.

It would be nice to use another bad guy, like the Eggman or whatever.

Drew2354
06-18-2005, 08:51 PM
This is by far the BEST Batman movie ever. Blows all the others away by far. I like how they made it more realistic than the others.

whottt
06-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Yeah it blows all the other ones away...I didn't like any of the Tim Burton Batman movies...including the first one with Jack...they just weren't very exciting.

Manny, what they don't tell you about Rhas al gul in this movie is that he is like a demon or something...he's immortal or something like that...bathes in blood. He's more powerful than he looks in this movie...like you saw him close his eyes when the subway crashed? He was doing some kind of shit to save himself...at least that's how he was when I was a kid...I think Batman hooks up with his daugther too at some point.

Ginofan
06-18-2005, 11:12 PM
lalalalal

E20
06-18-2005, 11:14 PM
In the cartoon they had him as an ally but, then they became enemies.

goliath
06-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Read the comics when I was a kid, so my recollection is kinda fuzy...
But I believe Batman hooked up with Ras' daughter. They hinted that he had a kid with her.
Ras was human but had some ritual where he bathed in blood or something which made him close to immortal.

Uncle_Rico
06-19-2005, 12:55 PM
this how the real batman is. actually it's kinda from the frank miller batman novels. the dark knight. but really it's from Batman Yr. 1, with with ras agul, scarecrow, and falconi before joker. the 1st batman was ok, it was dark and a little creepy but at the same time to much franchise bullshit. ill go watch this today today during the spurs game so i wont be in a pissed off during the game, lol. i tape the games so it doesnt matter.

Medvedenko
06-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Wonderfully crafted and actually quite brilliant movie in my opinion. Usually in these moives you need to suspend disbelief a lot, however I was engrossed with the story and the pacing and never thought....what is this bullshit.....I enjoyed the interplay between Alfred and Wayne and liked Cillian Murphy the best....needed more of his scare tactics, but nevertheless an absorbing look into the Dark Knight.

Duff McCartney
06-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Here are...

Original Star Wars star Mark Hamill has joined the shortlist of favorites to play The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel. The actor, who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, has become a fan favorite to play Batman's colorful foe. He joins Crispin Glover and Aussie actor Lachy Hulme on the three-strong internet shortlist. Hamill became an obvious choice for some Batman fans after voicing The Joker for the Batman cartoon series. A spokesman for top Batman website Darkhorizons.Com points out, "The net basically picked Christian Bale to play Batman, so who knows." Batman Begins opens across America and Europe this week.

I think Crispin Glover would make an awesome Joker, better than Mark Hamill I think.

Still, it's always hard to see Crispin Glover as more than just George McFly...your density...I mean your destiny.

Taco
06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
... I think I remember reading a few books with the main character in them back in middle school.

Manny can read?!?!?
:wow

Just Kidding Dude!!! :lol

Gatita
06-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Manny can read?!?!?
:wow

Just Kidding Dude!!! :lol

He was reading at a High School level at that point in time. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
:lmao AT LEAST.

ididnotnothat
06-20-2005, 11:01 AM
They are going to make another one...rumor mill is that Mark Hamill AKA Luke Skywalker could be signed on to play the Joker.

How about Cillian Murphy? He was fucking brilliant as the Scarecrow. I loved him. He played the lunatic part brilliantly.

Jack Nicholson already did a perfect Joker. Attempting another movie involving Joker will simply ruin the character unless it is played by Jack again.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Jack Nicholson already did a perfect Joker. Attempting another movie involving Joker will simply ruin the character unless it is played by Jack again.

I agree. :tu

Jack was awesome as the Joker.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
i agree as well

gatita knows all

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 11:27 AM
And Keaton had the perfect Batman until Bale came in and did it just as well. There are plenty of Actors out there who are capable of playing Joker. I personally would love to see Kevin Spacey cast as a villian in a Batman movie, but not as Joker.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 11:31 AM
And Keaton had the perfect Batman until Bale came in and did it just as well. There are plenty of Actors out there who are capable of playing Joker. I personally would love to see Kevin Spacey cast as a villian in a Batman movie, but not as Joker.

Why bother reprising a villian that has already been seen? I must say that the last two Batman movies were crap. Keaton was smart in wanting no part of that sh*t.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Because this is a different set of movies and the Joker is classic Batman. Besides, they set it up in the movie. At first I thought it was because it was supposed to have prequel status to the origional Batman, but that can't be the case because in the Keaton Batmans Joker was the killer of Wayne's parents. This time around they had a new setup for that, and their killer ended up dying.

Jekka
06-20-2005, 12:05 PM

I'd love to see Kevin Spacey as a Batman villian.

Geoffrey Rush plays a pretty good villian as well, see Les Miserables - and he does insane as well as Nicholson, see Quills.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Christian Bale makes a good batman because of his fake American Accent.

In every movie with an American Accent he sounds like Patrick Bateman.

And that is why I like Christian Bale.

"I have to return some video-tapes"
--Bale

mookie2001
06-20-2005, 12:11 PM
"i have a meeting with cliff huxtable at the four seasons in 20 min"

GoldToe
06-20-2005, 12:13 PM
So are we to assume that there will be a sequel to this new Batman?

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/5498/batman4xo8xa.jpg

Was this a multi-movie deal?

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Bale crashes the Batmobile

Batman Begins star Christian Bale has been banned from driving the Batmobile - after a drunk driver ploughed into him on the way to the Canadian premiere.

The 31-year-old actor, who plays the Caped Crusader in the movie, was behind the wheel of the custom built super car when the incident happened.

The drunk motorist was reportedly so shocked at seeing the £550 000 mean machine cruising down a Toronto street, he forgot to swerve
'Unfortunately, one guy saw the Batmobile and completely freaked out'.

The disappointed star said: "The best part of the job to be allowed to drive the Batmobile. But it's safe to say the locals were bemused to see it cruising down the street.

"Unfortunately, one guy saw the Batmobile and completely freaked out. He must have thought aliens were coming to land and smacked into the side of it.That was the last time I was allowed to drive it on a public highway."

The British-made Batmobile has a 5.7 litre engine, wings, 44-inch wheels and a rear-mounted jet engine.

Christian added: "It really flies. I asked if I could keep it but they
wouldn't let me!"

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes! Rush would be AWESOME.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:20 PM
I love when Manny kisses his girlfriends ass. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I love when Manny kisses his girlfriends ass. :lol
:blah :blah I love it when Gatita talks out of her ass.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Come on Manny... it was an observation. Can't take a joke?! Didn't think so.

ZStomp
06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
So are we to assume that there will be a sequel to this new Batman?

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/5498/batman4xo8xa.jpg

Was this a multi-movie deal?

Yes there will be. The Joker will be part of it..

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM

BTW, talking is not what my ass does. Does yours?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Males are sensitive when jokes are made about them and their girlfriends.

Christian Bale, in the movie American Psycho even got offended when his coworkers started to make fun of his Jewish Girlfriend.

"Not a menora. You spin a dreidel"
--Bale

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Come on Manny... it was an observation. Can't take a joke?! Didn't think so.
Oh, was that the point where I was supposed to give you the courtesy laugh? So when you say something it's a joke, and when someone else says something they can't take a joke?

Ok.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh, was that the point where I was supposed to give you the courtesy laugh? So when you say something it's a joke, and when someone else says something they can't take a joke?

Ok.

Manny do whatever the fuck you want.

bigzak25
06-20-2005, 12:38 PM
mmmmm....gatita's ass....:p

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-52/387435655-thumb_259898352-homer_drool.gif

bigzak25
06-20-2005, 12:39 PM
yeah pimpo, i didn't like his toughguy batman voice either...but it was a great flick.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
BTW, talking is not what my ass does. Does yours?
It's hard to tell when the quality of what comes out of both is the same.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Manny do whatever the fuck you want.
Can't take a joke? Didn't think so.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
But its christian bale guys, its how he has to talk!!

Keaton's famous "I'm batman!" whisper is the shit...and i did like him as Batman.

But...Bale just is a good actor. Better than Keaton, imo.

"Look at you. You reek of shit!"
--Bale

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:41 PM
It's hard to tell when the quality of what comes out of both is the same.

Smells like roses...

Gatita
06-20-2005, 12:43 PM
But...Bale just is a good actor. Better than Keaton, imo.

CBF, you weren't impressed by Beetlejuice? :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
CBF, you weren't impressed by Beetlejuice? :lol
I liked beetlejuice, but Keaton is a chode if you think about it.

What did he do after Beetlejuice? Multiplicity? Exactly.

Bale is the new hotness.

"I believe in taking care of myself"
--Bale

Medvedenko
06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Bale owns Batman....however I would put Cillian Murphy's potryal as the Scarecrow behind Jack's Joker in batman movie thorns....Bale was the best in American Psycho...and when he was doing push ups on the movie, he should have told Alfred that he could "do a thousand now".....He was awesome in Equalibrium...which was a sweet movie as well.

Gatita
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
CHRISTIAN BALE, MICHAEL CAINE and MORGAN FREEMAN have signed to star in a second BATMAN movie, but love interest KATIE HOLMES has been dropped.

Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to BATMAN BEGINS - it took $46.9 million (GBP24.6 million) in its first weekend (17-19JUN05) at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel.

Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler ALFRED and Freeman as BRUCE WAYNE'S business associate LUCIUS FOX.

But Holmes wont reprise her role as district attorney RACHEL DAWES - reportedly because WARNER BROS is angry her engagement to TOM CRUISE has stolen media attention away from the movie.

A source tells PAGESIX.COM, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman."

Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress.

"Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."

Uncle_Rico
06-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Because this is a different set of movies and the Joker is classic Batman. Besides, they set it up in the movie. At first I thought it was because it was supposed to have prequel status to the origional Batman, but that can't be the case because in the Keaton Batmans Joker was the killer of Wayne's parents. This time around they had a new setup for that, and their killer ended up dying.

This batman movie is more like the actual story and not Tim Burton's or any of the other directors' bullshit. They change the plot in the 1st batman cause of hollywood bullshit. Thats why those movies suck balls. Joker never killed his parents.