PDA

View Full Version : Dear Whataburger...

davi78239
11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Please deny Dejuan Blair business. You fucked it up last year for us. Aww shit, I just remembered. They couldn't have brought back the all time favorites a better time. We're screwed yo.:lol

gospursgojas
11-26-2011, 06:08 PM
DJB lost a ton of weight last off season.

Someone needs to turn that fools twitter off...thats what needs to happen.

Hooks
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I read that Blair was in great shape about a week ago.

stephen jackson
11-28-2011, 09:42 PM
:pop:

Sausage
11-28-2011, 10:55 PM
someone needs to turn that fools twitter off...thats what needs to happen.

+1

cantthinkofanything
11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Dear Whataburger,

You fucking are awesome. I love you.

The End

Dex
11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Dear Whataburger,

You fucking are awesome. I love you.

The End

I can't blame the Beast. I, too, have battled with a love affair with the #5 (Bacon-Cheese Whataburger).

The only difference is, when I cave, all I have to worry about my size 32 waistline. When he caves, he has to worry about multi-million dollar contracts.

The Truth #6
11-28-2011, 11:41 PM
He played well when he was starting. He seems to play only off emotion - probably because he doesn't have a lot of fundamenal skills other than rebounding, and even that seems to wax and wane with his motivation. On one hand I think he needs to deserve his minutes...but when goof offs like Bonner and RJ play no matter how bad they disappear, I'd prefer Blair to be given a chance.

If we aren't going to start Tiago then start Blair. Screw spacing. TD doesn't even play down low anyway. He mainly shoots his bank and top of the key jumper...or at least that seems to be his more effective scoring options in my rusty memory.

therealtruth
11-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Blair starting mainly helps the offense but hurts the defense against bigger frontlines. I think you have to start your best defensive players so you can set a defensive tone. That's why alot of teams use good scorers with poor defense of the bench. I think starting Splitter/Duncan will improve the defense. That way Blair will mainly be playing against second string players.

timtonymanu
11-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Blair really needs to work on his basketball IQ and his defense if he wants his starting spot back.

I hope he's working on his jump shot too cause that shit made me cringe last year.

4>0rings
11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Someone needs to turn that fools twitter off...thats what needs to happen.

It's OK. No human can understand what he writes anyways.

therealtruth
11-29-2011, 03:53 AM
In reality Blair got the starting spot due to lack of alternatives. Tiago was injured. Pop wanted to save Dice for playoffs. All he had to do was beat out Bonner which isn't really a challenge. I think if Tiago had been healthy Pop would have gone with him. But when they started well Pop didn't want to mess up the chemistry so he stuck with him.

gospursgojas
11-29-2011, 11:38 AM
It's OK. No human can understand what he writes anyways.

Seriously. It makes no sense.

#haha #lilbro shhhhhuuwweeeee RT@theman ok yall

cheguevara
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
remember when we thought blair was gonna be a real steal?

then he turned out into a rapperwannabe-hamburgerconnoseur-bigasswooped mofo :pctoss

Fireball
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
remember when we thought blair was gonna be a real steal?

Taking his first two seasons I think he still is a steal ... now he has to improve/mature otherwise Spurs will let him go anyway.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Please deny Dejuan Blair business. You fucked it up last year for us. Aww shit, I just remembered. They couldn't have brought back the all time favorites a better time. We're screwed yo.:lol

he played like shit ever since he started appearing in rap videos lmao

bus driver
11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.bang-biscuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/a1thickandhearty.jpg

:hungry:

this could be my last meal on death row. :hungry:

Dex
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.bang-biscuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/a1thickandhearty.jpg

:hungry:

this could be my last meal on death row. :hungry:

Not anymore. Texas is going to stop doing "last meals".

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-22/justice/justice_texas-last-meal_1_texas-inmate-death-row-meal?_s=PM:JUSTICE

CaptainLate
11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
He played well when he was starting. He seems to play only off emotion - probably because he doesn't have a lot of fundamental skills other than rebounding, and even that seems to wax and wane with his motivation.

If we aren't going to start Tiago then start Blair. Screw spacing. TD doesn't even play down low anyway. He mainly shoots his bank and top of the key jumper...or at least that seems to be his more effective scoring options in my rusty memory.

And our record showed when Blair started. The record and chemistry that had been built up all year went to hell once Pop decided to start Dice. I just read where our record was 54-12 at the 66-game mark last year, which means we played under .500 the rest of the regular season. That carried over into the playoffs. Had we been hot, we could have overcome Manu's injury vs. Memphis.

Dex
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
And our record showed when Blair started. The record and chemistry that had been built up all year went to hell once Pop decided to start Dice. I just read where our record was 54-12 at the 66-game mark last year, which means we played under .500 the rest of the regular season. That carried over into the playoffs. Had we been hot, we could have overcome Manu's injury vs. Memphis.

Yeah, that was really upsetting.

Whether our system was "gimmicky" or not, it was working. Spurs were steam-rolling through the league playing up-tempo.

Then Pop switched Dice to a starter and started deploying all these tricks to become more "defensive minded", which a lot of us believed the Spurs would need come playoff time, but it just backfired. The offense went away, and the defense continued to be crappy.

Granted, a lot of that had to do with the fact that the Spurs started the year shooting lights out (we had like 3-4 guys averaging over 40% from three), but I think that wasn't just a coincidence. The up-tempo game was getting guys open shots, and keeping RJ engaged, who was one of the biggest contributors to that great start.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

The Truth #6
11-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Dex,

I agree with all that. And for this season, what other realistic option do they have? Our offense will have to go through our guards again. Big picture: we don't have a real chance in the playoffs, but if they try to follow what worked well last regular season then at least the regular season can be interesting again.

I think the one obvious mistake Pop made was not working in Tiago (which is a dead horse, I realize). Pop didn't need Bonner. We already had three other players shooting lights out. If Pop can replace all of Bonner's minutes with Tiago to build a real post presence, and try to coax a productive season out of Blair as well as RJ, then I think the season can at least be fun to watch.

Last year Pop planned on doing his switch to Dice all along. This season...I can't see any obvious plan. Who knows if Blair or RJ have any motivation or have put in any work during the off season? This is going to be unpredictable.

bus driver
11-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Not anymore. Texas is going to stop doing "last meals".

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-22/justice/justice_texas-last-meal_1_texas-inmate-death-row-meal?_s=PM:JUSTICE

muther fuck...........:pctoss :smchode:

therealtruth
11-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that was really upsetting.

Whether our system was "gimmicky" or not, it was working. Spurs were steam-rolling through the league playing up-tempo.

Then Pop switched Dice to a starter and started deploying all these tricks to become more "defensive minded", which a lot of us believed the Spurs would need come playoff time, but it just backfired. The offense went away, and the defense continued to be crappy.

Granted, a lot of that had to do with the fact that the Spurs started the year shooting lights out (we had like 3-4 guys averaging over 40% from three), but I think that wasn't just a coincidence. The up-tempo game was getting guys open shots, and keeping RJ engaged, who was one of the biggest contributors to that great start.

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Exactly the uptempo ball worked best with Blair. The defensive improvement by inserting Dice in the starting lineup was negated by him still not being big enough against Memphis and him wearing out sooner. It also was negated by playing Bonner and Blair together. Earlier in the year if the Spurs were struggling running the offense or playing post defense they could go to Dice to shore things up. By starting Dice they lost that ability.