PDA

View Full Version : The ego is huge and pistons will win.

hamtramck
06-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Spurs are a very good team, but do realize many things. Your shotting percentage is higher than normal meaning players are on a hot streak. Your hot streak will cool off a little and pistons will take over. Pistons were not supposed to beat Miami we did, not supposed to beat LA last year we did.
Not supposed to beat Spurs we will. Pistons have not played their way fo basketball in about 4 weeks, game 3 was the tip of the ice berg. We have yet to have Sheed or tayshun go off. Rip and antonio found their shot and Ben is being ben, so you spurs should not be so confident.

To say that whining will be the reason we win is sore loser talk. Manu and time get plenty of calls their way so.......
Your 3 shot percentage is bloated and not normal. So I see spurs playing well and pistons have just begun so beware.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:36 AM
all this "we" crap but...

hamtramck
Lottery Pick

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500

:)

Browns_shadow
06-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Spurs are a very good team, but do realize many things. Your shotting percentage is higher than normal meaning players are on a hot streak. Your hot streak will cool off a little and pistons will take over. Pistons were not supposed to beat Miami we did, not supposed to beat LA last year we did.
Not supposed to beat Spurs we will. Pistons have not played their way fo basketball in about 4 weeks, game 3 was the tip of the ice berg. We have yet to have Sheed or tayshun go off. Rip and antonio found their shot and Ben is being ben, so you spurs should not be so confident.

To say that whining will be the reason we win is sore loser talk. Manu and time get plenty of calls their way so.......
Your 3 shot percentage is bloated and not normal. So I see spurs playing well and pistons have just begun so beware.
Poor defense=elevated shooting %

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
You can't spell "total loser" without t-r-o-l-l.

bigzak25
06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
it's a roller coaster series from here on out...you got another dip coming tonight and one more peak on sunday....then it's over for piston fan. Spurs hustle was at about a 3 last game and they were still primed to take it.

Good win, but you show your true colors by sticking your chest out only after the fact...be a man and give props when the Spurs spank dat ass tonight. :smokin

fekz
06-16-2005, 10:44 AM
You can't spell "total loser" without t-r-o-l-l.

The greatest trick San Antonio fans ever pulled was making people believe they don't fear the Pistons.

bigzak25
06-16-2005, 10:45 AM
respect them...not fear...aren't you in the same boat?

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I really don't care if we lose tonight. Just don't lose the way, we lost the 3d game! If we were to lose, let it be by 1,2 points. I am convinced Spurs will not get spanked again tonight. :makemyday

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2005, 10:48 AM
The greatest trick San Antonio fans ever pulled was making people believe they don't fear the Pistons.

I'm simply not responding to the ass clown of a poster. If you or one of the other Pistons fans that have been here from day one had put that up I would gladly debate the issue (and I think my record shows that I have). But I'm not going to get baited into even trying to talk basketball with some goof who sees the Spurs play a bad game and suddenly comes out of the wood work to try and convince us that the Spurs might as well just hand over the LOB trophy right now.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:51 AM

Fuck being nice. They don't respect us, so why respect them? fuck em

nice ignorant blanket statement.

By the way...who is "them"?

King
06-16-2005, 11:00 AM

Thanks, Spacey.

FromWayDowntown
06-16-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't know guys -- hamtramck has absolutely convinced me. I can't see anything that can stop the Pistons now.

And fekz is right, too. I'm absolutely terrified of the Detroit Pistons. I haven't slept in like two weeks.

I'm guessing the Spurs will lose by around 75 tonight.

spurswillchoke
06-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Det 96
SA 83 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SpursChampsIII
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
You fat, bowling, potato chip eating, Canadians can't win in San Antonio anyway, so it doesn't matter how many you win there. You lose.

mrcoon29
06-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Well, this space seems like as good a place to post my dream rather than a new thread.
I have never, ever dreamed of the Spurs. But, I did early this morning. The Spurs were definitely down to the Pistons by like 9 & had been all game. The score at the time was Pistons 59 in the 3rd. Then all hell broke lose. The Spurs put on a basketball clinic of major proportions. The announcer's were ohh'ing and ahh'ing. SPURS win the game. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/cliddle/Emotes/winner2.gif

SpursChampsIII
06-16-2005, 11:18 AM

The only "shotting" taking place is you "shotting" off at the mouth, Canadian Boy...eh? I thought it was funny when I found out you guys were North of the Canadian border...explains a lot. However, you are probably some little girlie Mav fan trying to have fun in here...probably never even been to Detroit.

easjer
06-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I'm scared too. Sniffle. Hold me.

What I don't understand is the desire to go onto another team's fan board and make ridiculous claims and predictions based on your homerism. That is not to say that you can't root for your team or want them to win, but where are your facts? Your stats?

And how on earth you can honestly claim you saw the Spurs playing well is entirely beyond my comprehension. They played like shit. Their defense took a nap. They left their energy on the plane. They uncharacteristically turned over the ball and had poor shot selection. Despite these unfortunate lapses, the Spurs were ahead at the end of the first, at the half, and straight through until the last minute of the third. The Pistons couldn't break loose until the middle of the fourth off of a team that was playing horribly bad.

Rasheed Wallace hasn't been a factor in this series, which should worry Pistons fans. The Spurs will make the defensive adjustments so that the easy looks and quick passes will be harder to come by. Tayshaun Prince has not been a factor in this series or the last - everyone is still waiting for him 'to go off' - when will he show up?

Tim historically doesn't have two bad playoff games in a row. He'll be ready. Manu won't shoot just 6 times. You have yet to discover an answer for this. The defense didn't limit Manu - his injury and energy and lack of rhythm limited him. As for the high three point % - it's lasted over the course of the playoffs, it's not a one game anomaly like, say, Ben's numbers. And you have no answer for it.

You want to talk basketball, let's talk. The Pistons are a good team, but the only way they were able to beat us is when we played badly. I don't expect that will happen again, and so far I haven't seen signs that they can play to same high level we can. You want to talk about facts, stats and numbers, bring it. Otherwise, you are a complete moron who has way too much free time on their hands - and a bizarre fixation with stirring up shit to get your kicks.

And that is all the time I have to spare on trolls like you.

GrandeDavid
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Talk about big egos! Wow, give us a freaking break, kid! And, gee, I wonder why Sheed and Tayshaun have not "gone off" yet? Ya think it might have something to do with the Spurs' league best defense? And I don't know to which Spurs you are referring when you say "you spurs should not be so confident", but no worries, I'll just disregard your thoughts on this series to make things easier.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Your shotting percentage

not sure what that is....and I don't think I want to! :)

SpursWoman
06-16-2005, 12:03 PM
I would just like to know how Spurs fans' and some of the media's egos have anything to do with whether or not the Pistons will win tonight or not.

:wtf

constantstate
06-16-2005, 12:09 PM
I would just like to know how Spurs fans' and some of the media's egos have anything to do with whether or not the Pistons will win tonight or not.

:wtf

its because some detroit fans didnt read in the paper, or see on tv, that the spurs were done after ONE bad game... so all of a sudden we have big egos and the piston's get no respect.

SpursWoman
06-16-2005, 12:12 PM
its because some detroit fans didnt read in the paper, or see on tv, that the spurs were done after ONE bad game... so all of a sudden we have big egos and the piston's get no respect.

But that still doesn't explain how that translates to the players themselves.

Who on this current team has a problematic "huge" ego?

texbumTHElife
06-16-2005, 12:13 PM
I am confused here......

Isnt the Series 2-1 Spurs and didnt we beat them by 21 in game two?

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I am confused here......

Isnt the Series 2-1 Spurs and didnt we beat them by 21 in game two?

Don't let facts confuse you.

Leetonidas
06-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Huge ego leads to overconfidence leads to a loss.

texbumTHElife
06-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Amazingly enough, I predicted that this is exactly what would happen. I knew the Spurs would come out flat in the second half of that game. I knew when we lost that half the SA Spurs fans would go through the roof and suddenly all of the Pistons fans would come out of the woodwoork. Just like the Denver, Seattle and Phoenix fans.... We all know where that got them.

Spurs in 5

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Piston fans are taking one 17 point win a little far.

Here's my take: If the Spurs lost by 1 or 2 pts, I'd be worried, because they would come out with the same energy, thinking they could win game 4.

I'm glad they got "blown out" in Game 3. Now there will be no excuse for not bringing it tonight.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 12:32 PM
To be fair Dog....a lot of Spurs fans were the same way after games 1 and 2. The Spurs have always played well after a loss...lets hope it continues tonight.

Let's get Game 4.

bdubya
06-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow, one rather feeble troll draws 20+ Spurs responses and counting? Good think you guys aren't sweating it..... :lol

GiNoBiLi!!!
06-16-2005, 12:43 PM
i didnt know that time can get calls. SAS 95
DET 83

texbumTHElife
06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Wow, one rather feeble troll draws 20+ Spurs responses and counting? Good think you guys aren't sweating it..... :lol

Its a message board. If noone responded to posts then it wouldnt be much of one.

easjer
06-16-2005, 12:54 PM

Not sweating it all, friend. Just don't want to admit I don't have much work to do. I don't need more piled on! Of course, I need to finish writing the wedding ceremony, but that's not until October, so Spurs takes priority.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 12:58 PM
To be fair Dog....a lot of Spurs fans were the same way after games 1 and 2. The Spurs have always played well after a loss...lets hope it continues tonight.

Let's get Game 4.

Spurs are still talking Smack. And with good reason.

We played like crap Game 1, and still won.

Everyone expected the Pistons to win Game 2, they didn't come close.

Game 3, the Spurs just gave up, starting at the end of the third, and going through the fourth.

So why should we be worried?

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 01:01 PM
I agree we should not be worried. But after two losses, I understand why they would be cheering. It's ok though...let them cheer, they earned it. All that matters is who is cheering at the end. :)

texbumTHElife
06-16-2005, 01:04 PM
I think a healthy dose of fear isnt a bad thing for the Spurs or their fans as long as they all keep a level head. The Spurs did not just quit in game 3 they just flat out couldnt keep up. The Pistons out played them straight up. Kind of like the Spurs did to the Pistons in all but the first quarter of the first two games. I think a little scare is exactly what this team needed. To bring them back down to earth and re-energize and re-focus them.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 01:15 PM
I've been here from the start. I've been here after gm 1. Beat up after gm 2 and this is the first day after gm 3 and I thought I would get at least someone giving the Pistons credit for playing their gm and shutting out the Spurs. MOST are saying Spurs in 5. Enough said. There's always been an arrogance associated with the Spurs fan base. On Monday ya'll talking about when the parade will be.. Like I said in other posts, there's a lot of learning to do and the Spurs fans need to take a sheet out of the their own team's book and get some class. If you're so confident, go put some money on it..

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
actually Hulk...most of the posts after game 3 did give Detroit credit and most of the posters here picked the Spurs in 6. Why is it arrogant for me to pick the Spurs in 6 but its not arrogant for you to pick the Pistons in 6?

There's always been an arrogance associated with the Spurs fan base. On Monday ya'll talking about when the parade will be.. Like I said in other posts, there's a lot of learning to do and the Spurs fans need to take a sheet out of the their own team's book and get some class.

there has? why because you say so?

While I do agree that SOME Spurs fans have been less than classy, the majority of them here have been and its not the whole fan base like you are implying here...
the Spurs fans

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I've been here from the start. I've been here after gm 1. Beat up after gm 2 and this is the first day after gm 3 and I thought I would get at least someone giving the Pistons credit for playing their gm and shutting out the Spurs. MOST are saying Spurs in 5. Enough said. There's always been an arrogance associated with the Spurs fan base. On Monday ya'll talking about when the parade will be.. Like I said in other posts, there's a lot of learning to do and the Spurs fans need to take a sheet out of the their own team's book and get some class. If you're so confident, go put some money on it..

Go look at this vbookie thread.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17706

Most Spurs fans, by a large margin, bet their vbookie money on Spurs in Six. That's not too cocky or overconfident -- most national pundits said the same thing before the series started. It's not a lack of class to think your team can win a series. I actually thought(and said) that the games would all be very, very close -- but I still picked the Spurs in Five because I believe in their fourth quarter execution (especially with how Manu has been playing in the postseason).

Yeah, I agree that Spurs fans shouldn't have been talking sweep -- I actually told a lot of people to shut up about it. But believe me if the Pistons won the first two games, Pistons fans would have taken their brooms out of their closets too.

easjer
06-16-2005, 01:22 PM
You know what? I do have money on Spurs in 6. I gave the Pistons props and respect. But the fact of the matter is that the Pistons did little in the first two games to earn respect, and in the third game, there are way too many obvious Spurs errors for fans to comment on before crediting the Pistons fantastic play (which wasn't stellar - they played solidly and well, and it still three quarters to shake off a terrible Spurs team). Go figure, a Spurs fan site is going to first look at the glaring mistakes their team made before giving mad props to the opposing team.

Beat us at our A game, and they'll earn the respect around here. Whine about not getting respect when everyone including our team is in agreement that they are the ones who fucked it up, and you'll be told where you can get off and enjoy your little pity party.

It's not about class or no class. For crying out loud, you are on a FAN site. Yes there are lots of folks here (including myself) who want to talk bball, but first and foremost, we want to talk about our team. It's silly to expect that everyone will want to sit back and give objective analysis. If you don't see that, you need to think it over and perhaps find another site that will be more objective.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 01:35 PM
actually Hulk...most of the posts after game 3 did give Detroit credit and most of the posters here picked the Spurs in 6. Why is it arrogant for me to pick the Spurs in 6 but its not arrogant for you to pick the Pistons in 6?

there has? why because you say so?

While I do agree that SOME Spurs fans have been less than classy, the majority of them here have been and its not the whole fan base like you are implying here...

First off sam, I know you've been the middle of the road on comments. If I say Most, that's what I mean but I'm not going to name everyone off that has an "off" comment. Spurs in 6 is not arrogant. Spurs in 4 or 5, yeah I'd say that's unrealistic. Keri, you've been saying Spurs in 5 all week. To me, that's disrespect. That's ok though. Me personally, if I were playing the worlds champs, I would know that a sweep or 5 gm series probably wasn't going to happen. Do you think we were saying Pistons in 5 last year? No way! We were happier than hell when it happened, but I never heard that from anybody here that actually knows basketball.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 01:51 PM
First off sam, I know you've been the middle of the road on comments. If I say Most, that's what I mean but I'm not going to name everyone off that has an "off" comment. Spurs in 6 is not arrogant. Spurs in 4 or 5, yeah I'd say that's unrealistic. Keri, you've been saying Spurs in 5 all week. To me, that's disrespect. That's ok though. Me personally, if I were playing the worlds champs, I would know that a sweep or 5 gm series probably wasn't going to happen. Do you think we were saying Pistons in 5 last year? No way! We were happier than hell when it happened, but I never heard that from anybody here that actually knows basketball.

Well, I'm one of those who said "Spurs in 6" but I expected to lose one in SA.

Honestly, this has been a very surprising series. No "close" games yet, and even though the Spurs were outplayed by the Pistons on Tuesday, I guess I'm dumb enough not to be worried.

I think Kori has it right: If the Spurs win tonight, Spurs in 5 is likely, or at the very least, certainly possible.

If (notice I said "IF") Spurs lose tonight, then I think my "Spurs in 6" bet will pay off.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Keri, you've been saying Spurs in 5 all week. To me, that's disrespect.

By your logic then its disrespect if someone calls the Pistons in 5. I disagree with that as well.

With all due respect....Kori knows more about basketball than a lot of people any of us will meet.

Sasha
06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Your shotting percentage

1) What is a 'shotting percentage'? :lol

2) Our 3-shots are 'bloated and not normal' because your defense was asleep.

3) The Spurs didn't show up in Game 3 and the Pistons fought to stay in until the 4th quarter in spite of that, so I'm not sure why we should beware.

4) Finally, I can't think of a soul on the Spurs team that has a huge ego, so if that's what you're figuring will work in the Pistons' favor you're in big trouble. Seems to me you guys have the ego...

That's the end of my basketball analysis for the day. :angel

Sasha
06-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I'm scared too. Sniffle. Hold me.

What I don't understand is the desire to go onto another team's fan board and make ridiculous claims and predictions based on your homerism. That is not to say that you can't root for your team or want them to win, but where are your facts? Your stats?

And how on earth you can honestly claim you saw the Spurs playing well is entirely beyond my comprehension. They played like shit. Their defense took a nap. They left their energy on the plane. They uncharacteristically turned over the ball and had poor shot selection. Despite these unfortunate lapses, the Spurs were ahead at the end of the first, at the half, and straight through until the last minute of the third. The Pistons couldn't break loose until the middle of the fourth off of a team that was playing horribly bad.

Rasheed Wallace hasn't been a factor in this series, which should worry Pistons fans. The Spurs will make the defensive adjustments so that the easy looks and quick passes will be harder to come by. Tayshaun Prince has not been a factor in this series or the last - everyone is still waiting for him 'to go off' - when will he show up?

Tim historically doesn't have two bad playoff games in a row. He'll be ready. Manu won't shoot just 6 times. You have yet to discover an answer for this. The defense didn't limit Manu - his injury and energy and lack of rhythm limited him. As for the high three point % - it's lasted over the course of the playoffs, it's not a one game anomaly like, say, Ben's numbers. And you have no answer for it.

You want to talk basketball, let's talk. The Pistons are a good team, but the only way they were able to beat us is when we played badly. I don't expect that will happen again, and so far I haven't seen signs that they can play to same high level we can. You want to talk about facts, stats and numbers, bring it. Otherwise, you are a complete moron who has way too much free time on their hands - and a bizarre fixation with stirring up shit to get your kicks.

And that is all the time I have to spare on trolls like you.

YOU GO!!!! :wow

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 02:25 PM
By your logic then its disrespect if someone calls the Pistons in 5. I disagree with that as well.

With all due respect....Kori knows more about basketball than a lot of people any of us will meet.

Nobody called the Pistons in 5. Nobody called the Pistons in 5 even after it was 3-1 here last year. We took the middle 3 and that was not supposed to happen. I know the Spurs are better than one win. Yes, saying Spurs in 5 is giving little credit to the current champs, whoever it may have been. I agree Kori knows basketball but his/her prediction is off in my opinion no matter how much knowledge of basketball. First two gms we saw totally uncharacteristic play by the Stones. We finally saw a poised, Piston team.
If we lose in 5, I'll be the first to put my head on the chopping block.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 02:35 PM
on paper i dont see how you cant say the pistons arent good for at least 2 wins. but given the level of their competition, and the way they've played... alot of people saw spurs in 5 (including me)

so tonight is a chance for detroit to prove SOME of us wrong.

i think kori has said she sees the series going seven if detroit wins tonight... i dont think it'll go past six if we win game 5. etc. everyone has their own opinion.

Vashner
06-16-2005, 02:35 PM
Note to original poster: All according to OUR plan.. not Detroits...

Your team will watch us raise the trophy at home and finally CRUSH the east rebellion!

texbumTHElife
06-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Have you visited any Pistons message boards? YOu wanna tell me we are cocky and classless. We are up 2-1 and 90% of Pistons fans are saying its over for the Spurs.

"The Spurs did not just quit in game 3 they just flat out couldnt keep up. The Pistons out played them straight up. " - Guess who said that? Me! Sounds like props for the Pistons right there. Saying the Spurs in 5 is not arrogance or a diss to the Pistons is called having confidence in the abilities of your team.

As for your "go put some money on it" comment, trust me. I have bet on every game this series and won every game and that isnt about to change now.

texbumTHElife
06-16-2005, 02:39 PM
First two gms we saw totally uncharacteristic play by the Stones. We finally saw a poised, Piston team.
If we lose in 5, I'll be the first to put my head on the chopping block.

Game 3 was uncharacteristic of the Spurs and they wont play like that again. Why is it that you can make these claims but Spurs fans cant. Yes, there are Pistons fans who predicted Pistons in sweep, 5, 6 and 7. Just like there are Spurs fans who did the same. It doesnt make the fans classless it just makes them confident.

Spurs in 5.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Nobody called the Pistons in 5.

Nobody? anywhere?

My point is its a prediction. If I had said something along the lines of "the Pistons are a bunch of whiny thug gangstas" that would be disrespectful and I would deserve to be called out for it. But just picking a team in a specific number of games...I don't see the disrespect. Just my .02

constantstate
06-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Nobody? anywhere?

i swear i saw a canadian with a fearthefan shirt that said "detroit in 5"

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Nobody? anywhere?

My point is its a prediction. If I had said something along the lines of "the Pistons are a bunch of whiny thug gangstas" that would be disrespectful and I would deserve to be called out for it. But just picking a team in a specific number of games...I don't see the disrespect. Just my .02

Your predictions are what they are. I don't care who picks what but me personally would NEVER EVER pick my home team (Pistons) in 4 or 5 against any current champions. That's just your "Homer" attitude getting in the way of your logic. Who's the guy who said he bet on every game and won? He bet against the Spurs in gm 3?? I doubt it. EOD..

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Your predictions are what they are. I don't care who picks what but me personally would NEVER EVER pick my home team (Pistons) in 4 or 5 against any current champions. That's just your "Homer" attitude getting in the way of your logic.

Right. You might not and I might not...which I didn't but it doesn't mean someone doesn't actually feel that way and they have that right. So now I am a homer because I disagree with you? Nice. When in doubt, drop an insult.