PDA

View Full Version : "I didn't have the same energy" - Manu

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
"I didn't have the same energy" La Nacion, translated
Ginobili recognized he didn't play well in the 3d game and said that for tonight's game, the key will be to regain the aggressiveness.

AUBURN HILL. - For Ginobili, it was one of those days to forget. One of those where everything goes wrong. The bus that took the players to the arena was late; the small dressing room became unconfortable due to the huge number of reporters that came in before the game; he had to do the bandage session in public(he uses 3 types of bandage and 2 pairs of socks), in front of the cameras, because there was no separate room, then he had to ask for some space when the press jumped on him to question him. "In the finals, you get used to living with reporters; NBA considers it important and for us they're like part of the team." he said politely, but his expression was tense. We suppose there is no other sport where the privacy of the players is taken away in such crucial moments before the games.

Manu's family is here, but they don't stay with him, he stays somewhere else. "I kill time in the hotel at the computer, TV, or talking to friends on the phone. It's a good way of clearing up of everything; if not, I start thinking about 1,000 things in my head." he added, while dressing quickly for the warmup session.

A collision with Prince 21 seconds into the game, sent him to the bench to be looked at and on top of that he was charged with an offensive foul; then as soon as he came back to the court, he was charged with his second foul -doubtfoul as the 1st one - and then he struggled to find his game. And everytime he tried a good pass, his teammates were not focused and this produced a turnover. A night to forget, no doubt.

After the defeat, again he had to be the first to show face at the press conference and then in front of the latin press. "I got hit right where I had been hurting before. I could not get any rhythm, partly because I had to go to the bench twice in the 1st quarter. But this is no excuse, we played bad.", he expressed with the same seriousness and simplicity as always.

"It was not due to a tactical change, we were passive, we lost a lot of balls and they took too many offensive rebounds. We didn't take care of the ball and we were not aggressive. This is why when they went on a 8 or 10 point run in the 3d quarter, it got complicated for us. They are the champions, defended very well and at home they are stronger. On top of that, their fans were very supportive.", was his most extroverted analysis.

Particularly, about his performance, he said: "They doubled me, they did it very well. I tried to look for my teammates, but I was not accurate. I also didn't take good shots. I didn't have the same energy as in San Antonio, where we had more days of rest between games. We had 18 bad passes that cost us 20 points and they took offensive rebounds which cost 15 or 20 points more. Between 2 equal and defensive teams, those 40 points will cost the game."

The only moment he smile was when asked, what happened that he didn't score 25 points. He answered, "The question should be, what happened the first 2 games that I was able to score 25+?" To clarify, "I think neither what happened the first 2 games, nor what happened this 3d game is normal for me."

He finished, "We'll rest, look at video, fix some errors and convice ourselves that we should take next game with more intelligence and aggressiveness".

tsb2000
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
One thing I noticed in the post-game is that Manu was genuinely pissed! He looked like he could have opened fire on the entire room and not have even blinked. IMO, that alone said he would be back in full force for game 4.

Phenomanul
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
One thing I noticed in the post-game is that Manu was genuinely pissed! He looked like he could have opened fire on the entire room and not have even blinked. IMO, that alone said he would be back in full force for game 4.

You better believe it!!!

boutons
06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Manu will find a way, WINNERS, by definition, always do.

GoSpurs21
06-16-2005, 11:18 AM
And everytime he tried a good pass, his teammates were not focused and this produced a turnover - article writer

I tried to look for my teammates, but I was not accurate. - Manu

funny how different the writer's take and the reality is

ducks
06-16-2005, 11:19 AM
he did not have the same energy as in sa. Is he a role player now? role players have more engery at home then on the road? Or is it HE CAN NOT HANDLE more then 30 minutes a game?
he should have checked himself out of the game(he has in the regualar season)
I guess a 70% manu is better then 100% of other players though (atleast pop must think so)

I posted in the gme thread pop should have rested him if he was hurt and save him for game 4-5. THIS DUDE BETTER SEE A DOCTOR THIS OFFSEASON

ducks
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM
atleast manu does not give excuses

smeagol
06-16-2005, 11:25 AM
And everytime he tried a good pass, his teammates were not focused and this produced a turnover - article writer

I tried to look for my teammates, but I was not accurate. - Manu

funny how different the writer's take and the reality is
Manu dished two very decent passes Nazr's way which he (Nazr) was nor able to catch. More than 50% of the blame on those two Manu TOs were on Mohammed.

smeagol
06-16-2005, 11:25 AM
atleast manu does not give excuses
You should know this by now.

spur219
06-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Manu will be back in full force tonight. No doubt.

MiNuS
06-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Game 3-was like "Sith" and all the Jedi getting killed and Timmy went into seclusion just like Yoda. I expect the force will be back and this will be "Return of the Spurs".
The Force is STRONG in Ginobili.

whatever...

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:35 AM

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/photos/0606/a_ginobili_emanuel_ht.jpg

TMSKILZ
06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Manu will be back in full force tonight. No doubt.
We all expect that, let's just hope the rest of the supporting cast (TD, Horry, Brent, Nazr, & TP) does as well. We wasted a great game by TP, kind of reminds me of that loss in game 1 in the 1st RD against DEN when we wasted a great game by Nazr!

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 02:05 PM
The only moment he smile was when asked, what happened that he didn't score 25 points. He answered, "The question should be, what happened the first 2 games that I was able to score 25+?" To clarify, "I think neither what happened the first 2 games, nor what happened this 3d game is normal for me."

I found that really interesting. For those who say "Manu back on Earth"... he's always had his head down here.

ducks
06-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I hope he gets some energy tonight