PDA

View Full Version : Andres Nocioni likely amnesty candidate

Birn
11-28-2011, 09:27 PM
If he gets amnestied by the Sixers, the Spurs would have a shot if he's interested in playing in the NBA. Even though he's not the athlete he once was he's still a better defender, rebounder and competitor than RJ is today.He brings a fiery toughness and an attitude that we haven't had since Mario Elie, Bruce Bowen, and Avery Johnson.

Leetonidas
11-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Dude is tough. At the right price, fuck yeah. Him and Manu probably have some decent chemistry from playing for Argentina.

SenorSpur
11-28-2011, 09:32 PM
He would certainly make the Spurs a more hard-nosed, defensive-minded team - and his influence would be a big help to Khawi.

stephen jackson
11-28-2011, 09:34 PM
why? get a fuckin center first

ElNono
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I like the fight in him, but he's been injured a lot

Dex
11-28-2011, 09:44 PM

This.

Spurs seriously need to address needs (genuine center, backup point guard), not just go after the biggest name available.

Ice009
11-28-2011, 10:27 PM
This.

Spurs seriously need to address needs (genuine center, backup point guard), not just go after the biggest name available.

What if we could get him for a minimum type salary if he cleared waivers?

Birn
11-28-2011, 10:50 PM
If Nocioni were amnestied, he would most likely sign for the vet minimum if he were coming to SA. With Kawhi waiting in the wings, he would be a great mentor for him. Nocioni wouldn't be expected to play every game. Maybe 10-15 quality minutes a game on average. I also like Ronnie Price as a backup PG. Another tough, hard-nosed defender with attitude and excellent athleticism and knows how to run a team. Getting a quality center in this market is going to be tough. A few are out there as possible amnesty candidates - Diop, Pachulia, Kaman. Biedrins, and Haywood. Of this group, I like Biedrins the best because of his shot blocking and ability to run the floor. There's also the European options like Bourossis, Ryan Richards, etc. however I don't know the contract situation of Bourossis and Richards is probably not ready. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Dice stick around one last season as long as we use him as a PF. The guy gave us consistent quality minutes last season. He's just too undersized to guard the bigger centers like Gasol, Gasol, and Bynum.

MmP
11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
VD2JXzrxyB4

Dex
11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
What if we could get him for a minimum type salary if he cleared waivers?

If you can get him with the ability to still use the MLE or mini-MLE, then I'd be all for it, but I don't see how that would happen. Nocioni is enough of a talent that someone will be throwing money his way.

At that point, it would come down to what Andres wants more: money, or a chance to come play with Manu (especially since the Spurs can't really be pegged as title contenders anymore).

8FOR!3
11-28-2011, 11:38 PM

He's 6'7, he IS a center in our system. :lol

Drewlius
11-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Have always wished for Nocioni on the Spurs. But as others said, if it is between him & a even slightly competent C, i'm taking the C.

admiralsnackbar
11-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Years ago Chapu would have made sense. Not so much now.

Duncan2177
11-29-2011, 01:28 AM
The spurs need a bigman.

lefty
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
why? Get a fuckin center first

this.

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
everyones set on finding any & every way to get rid of RJ and has forgotten the biggest problem. dont see how Nicioni is going to keep bynum, Marc gasol, perkins, Howard, Noah out the paint.

Need a big not another SF.

DAF86
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Although I always thought Nocioni was a bit overrated I have no doubt he would be a great fit for us and a much needed improvement over RJ. He's a hard-nosed, team oriented player that brings toughness (phisycal and mental), shooting and size (he plays bigger than 6'7'').

I don't know why people are talking like if SF wasn't a place to reinforce, to me a SF is as much of a need as a bigman.

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
He's pretty old and hasn't been very effective in the NBA over the past couple seasons. I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't expect much.

DAF86
11-29-2011, 07:36 PM
He's pretty old and hasn't been very effective in the NBA over the past couple seasons. I wouldn't hate it, but I wouldn't expect much.

He's a good/organized team player, he's useless on a mediocre/anarquic one like the ones he has been playing lately.

dbestpro
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM
This is a case where the 76ers would be better off buying out a portion of his contract than trying to do amnesty. It makes better economic sense for both sides.

cutewizard
11-30-2011, 05:30 AM
yeah, i like Nocioni

the Spurs need some spunk for the playoffs, some enforcer type of guy

and Nocioni are Manu are teammates, so pretty good chemistry stuff in there

go get Nocioni!!!!!!

and why not Oberto in for good measure.......hehehe, LOL