PDA

View Full Version : Mark Heisler: Lakers Will Look to Acquire Dwight Howard AND Chris Paul

Koolaid_Man
11-28-2011, 11:50 PM
excellent...

Here's an excerpt....sorry Spurs fan my last post for the night....:lol

Next season, the Lakers start their 20-year, $3 billion deal with Time Warner, which will take them from their annual $30 million from Fox Sports West to $150 million.

On paper, that would put the Lakers, who now average a profit of $45-60 million, zooming past $150 million.

In fact, an informed source projects an even higher figure, in the $170 million range. (To put that in perspective, Forbes said the Knicks made a league-leading $64 million profit in 2009-10. The Lakers will more than double that.)

In either case, Jerry, Jim and Jeannie Buss are going to have a lot to say about what happens in this league for a long time …

http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/11/28/heisler-column-morning-in-lakerdom-150-mill-profits-dwight-and-cp3-too/

ElNono
11-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Not so fast.

I know it seems like a long time ago, but the Lakers’ season didn’t end too well.

If you can remember back that far, they looked decrepit and faint-hearted as the Mavericks swept them, 4-0, showing no emotion, unless you count quitting and pouting, with Lamar Odom lollypopping backcourt passes and Bynum leveling J.J. Barea.

:lmao

Dex
11-29-2011, 12:07 AM
This is about how much we care:

http://i.imgur.com/4mO33.gif

DMC
11-29-2011, 12:12 AM
"Theres a reason why Heisler doesn't write for the LA Times anymore"

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51734-mark-heisler-lakers-will-look-to-acquire-dwight-howard-and-chris-paul/

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
How is it possible the Sheridan lets that guy write articles like that? It is really a bad article that made zero sense. He claims the big owners won this deal and then doesn't outline at all how the Lakers would be able to attain Dwight or CP3 let alone both.

WTF Sheridan?

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
How is it possible the Sheridan lets that guy write articles like that? It is really a bad article that made zero sense. He claims the big owners won this deal and then doesn't outline at all how the Lakers would be able to attain Dwight or CP3 let alone both.

WTF Sheridan?

He does a masterful job...Deal with that shit lil homie...It's happening...big money deals necessitate big name players...you just can't duplicate that at the River Walk ...:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:20 AM
passass1st get in here and defend me now...

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:35 AM
He does a masterful job...Deal with that shit lil homie...It's happening...big money deals necessitate big name players...you just can't duplicate that at the River Walk ...:lol

Wanna bet $500 that it doesn't happen :lmao :lmao :lmao

Dunc n Dave
11-29-2011, 12:38 AM
lol Kobe $30 million
lol Gasol $19 million
lol Bynum $16 million
lol Odom $8 million

lol thinking Buss will add Howard and pay $140 million luxury taxes
Keep workin those fantasy trades on 2k12, welcher...

ElNono
11-29-2011, 12:40 AM
:lol Steve Blake 4 year - $16 million

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Its not a question IMO on whether Buss would pay to add Dwight and Paul. I think he would. It's more of they can't do a S&T and ORL and NO would have to accept LA's offers. I could see one trade being done w/ their assets but certainly not both.

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:44 AM
As Bruno said, they could to an E&T, but that doesn't make as much sense as a straight up trade.

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:44 AM
lol Kobe $30 million
lol Gasol $19 million
lol Bynum $16 million
lol Odom $8 million

You would have to subtract out either Bynum's salary or Pau's and likely Odom's as well to go along with one of them. It would be the 120M contract Dwight signs with them in a year that hurts.

xellos88330
11-29-2011, 12:48 AM
You know what is funny? Every team will look to acquire both of those guys. The question is whether or not it is possible/rational.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:49 AM
You would have to subtract out either Bynum's salary or Pau's and likely Odom's as well to go along with one of them. It would be the 120M contract Dwight signs with them in a year that hurts.

:lmao that you have to tell him that....his parents musta certainly been pissing in the gene pool....dumb fuck geez...:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Wanna bet $500 that it doesn't happen :lmao :lmao :lmao

why not...why fucking not...I've nothing to lose :lol

skut_farkus
11-29-2011, 12:52 AM
actually per espn its the clippers who seem to have the best shot at landing dwight and cp3

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:58 AM
actually per espn its the clippers who seem to have the best shot at landing dwight and cp3

go read a book dumb fuck..they can wish all they won't Dwight wants no parts of that shitty ass team...Blake G. or not that yound stud wants to win with the Lakeshow that's how it's going down :lol

ElNono
11-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Did luva do the math on the financials of that? :lol

pass1st
11-29-2011, 01:26 AM
where does it say LAL will pursue both of them?

Dunc n Dave
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Did luva do the math on the financials of that? :lol

No Kool did the math, see below...

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/142789/142789,1219452450,2/stock-photo-monkey-looking-at-or-counting-its-fingers-16432957.jpg

MR.SILVER&BLack
11-29-2011, 01:40 AM
wow Paul & howard going to LA. good to see buss finally getting smart & gettting rid of that aging ball hogg shitbag kobe.

oh wait its just kool posting another crap artical from a certified crap writer on how the lakers can have an allstar lineup while keeping mr. 30 points from 32 shot attempts.

just shows how much help kobe really needs to catch jordan. sad really.

cue cullby

pass1st
11-29-2011, 01:54 AM
why not...why fucking not...I've nothing to lose :lol

You have no money, then?

Giuseppe
11-29-2011, 03:20 AM
passass1st get in here and defend me now...

tee, hee.

pass1st
11-29-2011, 03:57 AM
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/119/288987260_95350b7dd0_z.jpg?zz=1

21_Blessings
11-29-2011, 04:14 AM
lol Kobe $30 million
lol Gasol $19 million
lol Bynum $16 million
lol Odom $8 million

lol $3 billion TV deal

NB:lol

21_Blessings
11-29-2011, 04:22 AM
lol thinking Buss will pay

Anschutz net worth ~$7billion :bking

Spur_Fanatic
11-29-2011, 05:20 AM
Ok, noob. It has nothing to do if Buss wants to pay luxury or not. Even if he wants to pay the entire TV deal as luxury, he still can't go over the cap.
No matter what. So Kool's pipedream is just that.

I don't want to generalize but, something wrong Lakers fans have no clue of the CBA?

21_Blessings
11-29-2011, 06:03 AM
It has nothing to do if Buss wants to pay luxury or not. Even if he wants to pay the entire TV deal as luxury, he still can't go over the cap.

TV deal runs 20 years. Talk about financial security.

The Lakers can still do a sign/trade in the next year or so before the new luxury tax is implemented. Even if the Lakers sit put, they're looking at one year of heavy tax and then it's business (winning) as usual.

Ok, noob.

lol grey n:lolmed

Spur_Fanatic
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Lakers (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm)

So, CP3 and Howard have player options in 2012/2013.
Please, illustrate us how would the Lakers get them, lol.

Oh, and...

The new deal (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_JqVMjKAfLYNzU3YzVlNDAtMDBlOS00Y2UwLWE5ZTI tM2RkZTdjN2FmMzI4&hl=en_US)

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
TV deal runs 20 years. Talk about financial security.

The Lakers can still do a sign/trade in the next year or so before the new luxury tax is implemented. Even if the Lakers sit put, they're looking at one year of heavy tax and then it's business (winning) as usual.

lol grey n:lolmed

They cannot do a sign and trade.

Giuseppe
11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
^Deepy, panicking again on our behalf.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
They cannot do a sign and trade.

That is not what I read elsewhere ...but who knows? I admit I know ball but CBA ...dat shit is boring. Right now Im working on a zone offense for my youth squad I dont have the energy to research if they could do a sign and trade but apparently DPG, Dunc and El are following this religously so I will defer to them.

But I just read that Knicks could possibly land Paul still so I dont see how the Lakers could not do something simliar if it is possible. But again I skimmed through the draft (outline) of the CBA but did not bother to digest most of it ...

It is what it is. This is a star league and if the Lakers don't get one relatively soon there will be lean years for a while ...new CBA or Not ...

I dont even care if we cant "stack" our team just need a true superstar and you have to get smart and lucky on some draft picks.

DMC
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
That is not what I read elsewhere ...but who knows? I admit I know ball but CBA ...dat shit is boring. Right now Im working on a zone offense for my youth squad I dont have the energy to research if they could do a sign and trade but apparently DPG, Dunc and El are following this religously so I will defer to them.

But I just read that Knicks could possibly land Paul still so I dont see how the Lakers could not do something simliar if it is possible. But again I skimmed through the draft (outline) of the CBA but did not bother to digest most of it ...

It is what it is. This is a star league and if the Lakers don't get one relatively soon there will be lean years for a while ...new CBA or Not ...

I dont even care if we cant "stack" our team just need a true superstar and you have to get smart and lucky on some draft picks.
Then there's option 2: Learn to scout talent and spot diamonds in the rough, then learn to develop them.

Hiring turn-key squads isn't the only way to win rings.

Giuseppe
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Then there's option 2: Learn to scout talent and spot diamonds in the rough, then learn to develop them.

It got me:::

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 12:07 PM

The spurs are maginficent at scouting these so called diamonds ...but yall still needed duncan and David to spit shine the shit off them.

Without two #1 overall picks anchoring the franchise all of that scouting and developing would of meant nada ...

It's a star league ...NFL is a QB league MLB is a pitcher's league sure you need defense in all of them, role players and diamonds in the rough ...but without those main ingredients pretty hard to win.

DMC
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
The spurs are maginficent at scouting these so called diamonds ...but yall still needed duncan and David to spit shine the shit off them.

Without two #1 overall picks anchoring the franchise all of that scouting and developing would of meant nada ...

The Lakers have had some of the biggest names in the game and yet they don't develop any of the "new" talent.

It's a star league ...NFL is a QB league MLB is a pitcher's league sure you need defense in all of them, role players and diamonds in the rough ...but without those main ingredients pretty hard to win.Who are the 2 stars Dallas used to sweep LA?

The truth is that LA fans are spoiled and don't have the patience to see players develop.

I get a kick out of seeing rookies develop their game and make a name, but Lakers fans are like Yankees fans, they just want another win, don't give a shit who's doing it. They just want the bragging rights.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
The Lakers have had some of the biggest names in the game and yet they don't develop any of the "new" talent.

Who are the 2 stars Dallas used to sweep LA?

The truth is that LA fans are spoiled and don't have the patience to see players develop.

I get a kick out of seeing rookies develop their game and make a name, but Lakers fans are like Yankees fans, they just want another win, don't give a shit who's doing it. They just want the bragging rights.

Did NOT say you needed TWO superstars. Lakers only had one ...Mavs have only one. spurs only had one.

What I said, DMC is that the Lakers need A SUPERSTAR ... just ONE to build around ...if that person is a TRUE SUPERSTAR you dont need two of them. IF you get two like 3 peat Lakers then you got a mini dynasty ...

I just want one to replace Kobe ...I am not being greedy here ...you can develop the rest of the roster to complement that star.

DMC
11-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Did NOT say you needed TWO superstars. Lakers only had one ...Mavs have only one. spurs only had one.

What I said, DMC is that the Lakers need A SUPERSTAR ... just ONE to build around ...if that person is a TRUE SUPERSTAR you dont need two of them. IF you get two like 3 peat Lakers then you got a mini dynasty ...

What's Kobe?

Also, you said this "Without two #1 overall picks anchoring the franchise all of that scouting and developing would of meant nada ..." as if David developed Manu and Tony.

I just want one to replace Kobe ...I am not being greedy here ...you can develop the rest of the roster to complement that star.
Lakers fans need the deck stacked in their favor. They don't care for competition. You guys need an NBA cheat code.

DMC
11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
We developed the hell out of a 17 year old Kobe. Eat shit, faggot.
Kobe is uncoachable - Phil Jackson

Kobe developed himself.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM
And dont compare us to the Yanks, I hate them cats.

I just realize it's a star league ...doesnt take much patience for two #1 overall picks that happen to be two of the 5 best college big men of the past 20 years are to "develop" together ...

Dont act all holier than thou ...DMC.

And now that spur fans have tasted winning you will see, the bar has been raised. Sure you wont be "entitled" like Laker fans, but your patience will be far less. Look upstairs Pop is already being disrespected as a bumbling idiot by a majority of your fan-base.

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:30 PM

Extend and Trades are still available, but that is unlikely. All you need to know is that if your going to get Howard or Paul it will come through a straight trade.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Fisher and Kobe were developed ... Bynum too ...

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
What's Kobe?

Also, you said this "Without two #1 overall picks anchoring the franchise all of that scouting and developing would of meant nada ..." as if David developed Manu and Tony.

Lakers fans need the deck stacked in their favor. They don't care for competition. You guys need an NBA cheat code.

Most of the time you are cool ... but you sound awfuly feminine right now.

As for the Kobe thing, we lured Shaq and we developed Kobe which is EXACTLY what I am advocating. I'm not befgging for Cp3/Dwill + Dwight pipe-dreams ...

NRHector
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
passass1st get in here and defend me now...pussy, needing someone else to defend him

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Read this Killa, should help explain
If you a large tax payer ($4M or more over LT), you can't do Sign and Trades. So if you are a tax payer and you want to get a FA via sign and trade from another team, if you are already over 4M over the LT or the trade would put you there, you can't do it.

No Dwight to LA.

Edit: I'm a dummy. Extend and trades are still valid and that is the situation with Dwight, not a sign and trade. LA could still get him.

Bruno, with the Extend and Trade vs Sign & Trade, are there no restrictions on the E&T like the S&T with what has been reported?

Meaning that in a Dwight to LA scenario, it could be done with no real problems (from a CBA perspective) with LA being so far over the cap?

There is the restriction that the extension can only add an additional 2 years.

The most realistic Howard to LA scenario is a simple trade. In 2013, Howard would be a FA and Lakers could re-sign him to about a $120M/5years contract using their bird rights on him. In a extend and trade deal, Howard would only receive about $40M over 2 years.

An amnestied player won't be able to re-sign with his former team. He can sign with the other 29 teams for whatever contract he can get.

I guess the special waiving procedure for amnestied players will use a silent auction system. Teams with cap space will say what percentage of his previous contract they are ready to pay. The team ready to pay the highest percentage will get the player.

For example, RJ's contract is:
11-12: $7.5M (with the pro-ration)
12-13: $10.2M
13-14: $11M (player option)

If the wining team of the silent auction got him at 40%, his contract wiht his new team will be:
11-12: $3M
12-13: $4.1M
13-14: $4.4M (player option)

the remaining 60% of his contract will be paid by Spurs.

Am I missing something? Then why would the Extend and Trades be such a big deal if players can just do this?

It's less easy to do for a player because he will play months without an extension and risks an injury that will cost him his new big contract. It's also less comfortable for the franchise because the player will hit FA and can be stolen by a third team.

Saying that, the new extend and trade rule won't really change the NBA landscape. It's a little item of the new CBA. Even under the previous CBA, these extend and trade deal were very rare with only, I think, 2 made during the whole former CBA (Garnett to Boston and Melo to NY).

Extend and Trades are still available, but that is unlikely. All you need to know is that if your going to get Howard or Paul it will come through a straight trade.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Magic
Scott
Worthy
West
Baylor
Mikan

This list goes on and on. Spurfan just started watching the sport this past decade. Most of them climbed down the coconut tree just to follow Jim over here to watch tv for the first time.

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey dipshit DPG...Dwight will be in our arms long before this takes effect...

Originally Posted by DPG21920 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5482195#post5482195)
If you a large tax payer ($4M or more over LT), you can't do Sign and Trades. So if you are a tax payer and you want to get a FA via sign and trade from another team, if you are already over 4M over the LT or the trade would put you there, you can't do it.

No Dwight to LA.

Edit: I'm a dummy. Extend and trades are still valid and that is the situation with Dwight, not a sign and trade. LA could still get him.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 12:55 PM
I just dont get why DMC even cares about "laker fan" expectations or lack of patience ...

In Spurland it's all about class, and loyalty to Tim & David ...that is YOUR "thing" we get it.

Sure many Laker fans are "spoiled" that is our thang. I waited over 12 years between titles (1988 and 2000) I did not feel so spoiled then. And my guess is sooner or later I will have to face a "drought" again ...shit happens. But I wont accept FO not doing EVERYTHING in it's power to get another star in L.A. With the price of tix in Staples the Lakers can NOT afford to lack at least one bonafide supertar like the mid 90's team lacked ...we won't stand for it ...

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I just dont get why DMC even cares about "laker fan" expectations or lack of patience ...

In Spurland it's all about class, and loyalty to Tim & David ...that is YOUR "thing" we get it.

Sure many Laker fans are "spoiled" that is our thang. I waited over 12 years between titles (1988 and 2000) I did not feel so spoiled then. And my guess is sooner or later I will have to face a "drought" again ...shit happens. But I wont accept FO not doing EVERYTHING in it's power to get another star in L.A. With the price of tix in Staples the Lakers can NOT afford to lack at least one bonafide supertar like the mid 90's team lacked ...we won't stand for it ...

Did you not see my thread on Duncan forcing himself on a chic..save the class argument...Killa you have a good Laker heart but man you need to work on that Spur fan ass kissing...they would shank you in a minute...recognize...Kori don't even like dealing with the Ho's...

say it with me it will make you feel better...

FUCK OFF YOU MAGGOTT ASS DICK IN THE BOOTY ASS SPUR FANS!!!!

WeNeedLength
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Did you not see my thread on Duncan forcing himself on a chic..save the class argument...Killa you have a good Laker heart but man you need to work on that Spur fan ass kissing...they would shank you in a minute...recognize...Kori don't even like dealing with the Ho's...

You're on Spurstalk.com dumbshit. How about you FUCK OFF. Oh and the Duncan dick suckin' is really getting old. Stop worshiping him ya bitch.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 01:04 PM

No need to ass kiss spur fan. They have not won a title in over 4 years now.
Internet "respect" or "props" means little to me. I post what I feel.
I have no problem with spur fans ... pure "lakerhaters" that wont give props to Kobe or other Lakers I have issues with ...

Giuseppe
11-29-2011, 01:06 PM

That went by in a fuckin' blink.:(

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
You're on Spurstalk.com dumbshit. How about you FUCK OFF. Oh and the Duncan dick suckin' is really getting old. Stop worshiping him ya bitch.

Dude this is Laker talk...no one talks about the SPurs except to poke fun...You n|ggas coming up with hundreds of scenarios to BEAT LA...ohh no this is Lakers Talk....you guys have this monkey business all twisted...go clean your mirrors...:lol

tlongII
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
It still won't be enough for you to beat us. Greg Oden is BACK BABY! Look at this lineup and WEEP!

PG: Felton/Mills/Smith
SG: Matthews/Batum/Roy/Williams
C: Oden/Camby/Aldridge
PF: Aldridge/Camby/Wallace
SF: Wallace/Batum

You can't TOUCH THAT!

tlongII
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Easily the best front line in basketball.

WeNeedLength
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Dude this is Laker talk...no one talks about the SPurs except to poke fun...You n|ggas coming up with hundreds of scenarios to BEAT LA...ohh no this is Lakers Talk....you guys have this monkey business all twisted...go clean your mirrors...:lol

Well you addressed half my statements, how about the other half retard?

"Oh and the Duncan dick suckin' is really getting old. Stop worshiping him ya bitch."

Spur_Fanatic
11-29-2011, 02:55 PM
It's the fans that suck ass (aside notable exceptions), not the Lakers or Kobe. Kool is an ignorant 13 year old WW (wigger and welcher), luva is a naruto fan and cully is an excellent troll. But let's face it, forum would be dead boring without them which is why Kori is never going to drop the ban hammer. Kool alone gives me my daily laugh dose on this forum section.

Jodelo
11-29-2011, 02:59 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

pass1st
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
It still won't be enough for you to beat us. Greg Oden is BACK BABY! Look at this lineup and WEEP!

You can't TOUCH THAT!

http://images.bimedia.net/images/091205_oden_knee_injury2_closeup.jpg

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey dipshit DPG...Dwight will be in our arms long before this takes effect...

Maybe, but it won't be via sign and trade. That rule is in effect immediately.

Banzai
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/38/Kanye_reallydoe.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5603)

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 04:41 PM

You can't TOUCH THAT!

No trolling, where did you read reports on Oden?

DMC
11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
On a positive note, only 66 games before you stop posting for the season.

BevoMav
11-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I love posts like this. The Lakers will try to aquire Dwight and CPIII. It is not going to happen but since it is the Lakers, the assumption is somehow they can make it happen. The reality is they have no chips to play in the sweepstakes. It would take a sign and trade and they have nothing to trade for these guys, unless you include Kobe.

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
They have plenty of assets and it wouldn't take a sign and trade. It would just take a straight trade. Bynum/Pau/Odom are all assets that are tradeable, just not for both of them.

Ashy Larry
11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
:lol Steve Blake 4 year - $16 million

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed

tlongII
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
No trolling, where did you read reports on Oden?

http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingblazers?Batum-ready-to-fill-Roys-void-if-amnesti=1&blockID=602084&feedID=5212

For the time being, Batum doesn’t quite know when he’ll be leaving France as he’s waiting for his visa to be cleared. What he does know is that the Blazers are prepared and equipped to go the distance with the talent that’s already on board, especially if they get a particular big man back.

“Greg Oden is the missing piece,” Batum said. “When we get him back, our team is complete and we’ll be able to make a deep run in the playoffs. I hear he’s making progress and I’m excited for what’s in store for us this season.”

NBA = FUCKED!

DPG21920
11-30-2011, 12:03 AM
So he's not back. It's still a matter of when.

DMC
11-30-2011, 12:04 AM
The Blazers have been "up and coming" for 25 years. They just never arrived.

DMC
11-30-2011, 12:14 AM

So this is the "Why do you care" rebuttal?

It's not that the fans are all about class, it's that the franchise is all about playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, and not attracting nor catering to the Kobes and Artests of the world. You see that and call it class, but don't want your team to adopt that style if it means you might not do everything possible to win. The fans have grown accustomed to it, and because of it the Spurs fans tend to be an older crowd quite often.

Sure many Laker fans are "spoiled" that is our thang. I waited over 12 years between titles (1988 and 2000) I did not feel so spoiled then.lol 12 years. Did you stop watching the games during that time?

And my guess is sooner or later I will have to face a "drought" again ...shit happens. But I wont accept FO not doing EVERYTHING in it's power to get another star in L.A. With the price of tix in Staples the Lakers can NOT afford to lack at least one bonafide supertar like the mid 90's team lacked ...we won't stand for it ...Some people prefer to grow their own.

DMC
11-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Internet "respect" or "props" means little to me. I post what I feel.
I have no problem with spur fans ... pure "lakerhaters" that wont give props to Kobe or other Lakers I have issues with ...
:lmao Laker fans coming to Spurstalk soliciting respect for Kobe.

Let me go to a Lakers forum and see how much respect I can drum up for Duncan.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2011, 12:30 AM
the Lakers could offer Andrew Bynum for Dwight
:lmao :lmao

DPG21920
11-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Killa, I was wrong about sign and trades (what I said was correct, but it doesn't kick in until after 2 years like the new luxury tax). But it doesn't change what I said about Dwight to LA via S&T. He is not a S&T player, only an Extend and Trade and those have the limitations I spoke about which makes just a straight up trade the most likely scenario if it were to happen.

Giuseppe
11-30-2011, 04:00 AM
^tee, hee.

Killakobe81
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
From ESPN's Adande:

If you love trades, you'll love the new rules. Incoming and outgoing salaries don't need to match as closely. The obscure base-year compensation rule that left many trade ideas as far from reality as a concept car at an auto show is almost gone. And even the luxury-tax teams are free to join the sign-and-trade party -- at least for the next two years.

The luxury-tax teams are precisely who you would expect to be the most active in this newly loosened free-agent market. The proposed system all but gives them a mandate: Go for it now, while you still can participate in sign-and-trade deals and before the luxury tax penalties get stiffer, at a potentially lower threshold. So it makes sense for the Lakers and Spurs and Celtics to push in all their chips, no matter the cost, and hold off on using the amnesty clause to get out of the luxury tax until a couple of years down the line.

This is my understanding of the new CBA ...but others on here have contradicted that.
Not saying we gonna get Dwight, but if we do make a move ...the time is now. Celts already tryig ...what will the Spurs do?

Killakobe81
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Personally chandler would be a great fit ...but no way in Hell Cuban helps there. And splitter is in the way ...What is the one big move that re-opens tha spurs window?

tlongII
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Personally chandler would be a great fit ...but no way in Hell Cuban helps there. And splitter is in the way ...What is the one big move that re-opens tha spurs window?

Winning the lottery?

21_Blessings
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Winning the lottery?

Been telling them since 08 that their only chance at future relevance is to repeat the obvious 97 tank job.

Pop could easily milk one of those TP ankle sprains 50 games and just give Timmeh the Robert Horry treatment: DNP - Old.

DPG21920
11-30-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingblazers?Batum-ready-to-fill-Roys-void-if-amnesti=1&blockID=602084&feedID=5212

NBA = FUCKED!

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33606582

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The endless wait continues.

Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, who last appeared in an NBA game on Dec. 5, 2009, will not be ready for the start of the 2011-2012 NBA regular season.

Portland Trail Blazers president Larry Miller made the news official while continuing to express full support for the oft-injured center during a meeting with reporters at the Rose Garden on Wednesday. Miller made it sound like Oden's return to Portland is a foregone conclusion despite the fact that he is a restricted free agent.

"Greg is a part of our Plan A," Miller said.

Back in October, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft informed fans on Facebook that he had begun running, but The Oregonian recently reported that Oden has not yet been cleared for basketball activities during his current rehabilitation from knee surgery.

Last summer, Bill Duffy, Oden's agent, said that they were targeting a potential return in January. Miller said that's still the plan.

"He won't be ready for the start of the season but we're hoping by January that he's able to play," Miller said.

A January return would come 25 months since Oden last took the court and more than 13 months since his most recent microfracture knee surgery, which occurred in Nov. 2010.

tlongII
12-01-2011, 01:00 AM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33606582

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The endless wait continues.

Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, who last appeared in an NBA game on Dec. 5, 2009, will not be ready for the start of the 2011-2012 NBA regular season.

Portland Trail Blazers president Larry Miller made the news official while continuing to express full support for the oft-injured center during a meeting with reporters at the Rose Garden on Wednesday. Miller made it sound like Oden's return to Portland is a foregone conclusion despite the fact that he is a restricted free agent.

"Greg is a part of our Plan A," Miller said.

Back in October, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft informed fans on Facebook that he had begun running, but The Oregonian recently reported that Oden has not yet been cleared for basketball activities during his current rehabilitation from knee surgery.

Last summer, Bill Duffy, Oden's agent, said that they were targeting a potential return in January. Miller said that's still the plan.

"He won't be ready for the start of the season but we're hoping by January that he's able to play," Miller said.

A January return would come 25 months since Oden last took the court and more than 13 months since his most recent microfracture knee surgery, which occurred in Nov. 2010.

Nothing new about this. A January return is what I've long been predicting. It's perfect since the season starts on Christmas day. I was hoping for a New Year's Day start of the season, but Christmas is close enough.

hehateme
12-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Nothing new about this. A January return is what I've long been predicting. It's perfect since the season starts on Christmas day. I was hoping for a New Year's Day start of the season, but Christmas is close enough.

Just heard a news update tonight that a piece of lint blew into Oden's knee and his whole leg fell off. News report is saying he will be out till retirement of age 48 which coincidentally is in three months.

ElNono
12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
:lol

LkrFan
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
:lol

:flag:

DMC
08-26-2013, 10:00 PM

lol

HI-FI
08-26-2013, 10:02 PM
:loldamn, DMC drowning that Kool nigga in some white water rafting.

Michael Jordan.
09-21-2013, 10:59 AM
excellent...

Here's an excerpt....sorry Spurs fan my last post for the night....:lol

http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/11/28/heisler-column-morning-in-lakerdom-150-mill-profits-dwight-and-cp3-too/
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/dwight-howard-rockets-billboard.jpg

Kool Bob Love
10-30-2013, 09:07 AM

ezau
10-30-2013, 09:14 AM
From CP3 to Howard then Xavier Henry:lmao Lakers' standards have really fallen off in just two years.

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 02:31 PM
From CP3 to Howard then Xavier Henry:lmao Lakers' standards have really fallen off in just two years.

the irony is we traded for both. Stern blocked one and Howard bolted. Heisler was correct and so was Kool.

DPG21920
10-30-2013, 02:37 PM
the irony is we traded for both. Stern blocked one and Howard bolted. Heisler was correct and so was Kool.

Incorrect

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Incorrect

Not saying Kool was right this whole thread or about YOUR bet. Just that he called Howard and Paul to L.A. he was right ... (technically).

AchillesHeel
10-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Not saying Kool was right this whole thread or about YOUR bet. Just that he called Howard and Paul to L.A. he was right ... (technically).

No he wasn't, the trade was never approved by the league. The teams had agreed on the deal, but it was never made. Chris Paul was never a Laker.

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 03:05 PM
No he wasn't, the trade was never approved by the league. The teams had agreed on the deal, but it was never made. Chris Paul was never a Laker.

Not disputing that. he posted a rumor from a reliable Laker source. Lakers did attempt to trade for both. Completed one, and agreed in principle to the other. Sure he never was officially a Laker but imho something that seemed ridiculous (even to me) almost happened.

Not trying to get in yall pissing contest just giving my two cents on Heisler's report ...if I am wrong so be it. No big deal to me ... proceed.

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 03:19 PM
:lmao Laker fans coming to Spurstalk soliciting respect for Kobe.

Let me go to a Lakers forum and see how much respect I can drum up for Duncan.

duncan gets plenty of love on LG ...some hate but mostly respect.

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 03:25 PM
This thread is sooo full of win.
My nicca DPG was right about trades and new CBA ... :toast
DMC was butthurt ... "lakers need to be stacked" his fear was palpable ... :whine
I thought Dwight or Paul was a pipedream ... :wakeup

but tlong was awesome ... Blazers have best frontline now that oden is "back" :lol

Epic thread...:flag:

BTW Kool was just spraying bullets like a Compton gangsta with bad aim ...:ihit

Raven
10-30-2013, 04:17 PM
duncan gets plenty of love on LG ...some hate but mostly respect.
he doesn't rape or talk shit though

Koolaid_Man
10-30-2013, 05:29 PM

that's the one thing about you that's funny to me...you always feel the need to kiss ass or qualify a statement..if you want to dig into DPG's ass then do it...stop trying to pacify people to try and find common ground....it's ok to say: "FUCK OFF DPG" and mean it...grow a pair :lol

DMC
10-30-2013, 08:01 PM
This thread is sooo full of win.
My nicca DPG was right about trades and new CBA ... :toast
DMC was butthurt ... "lakers need to be stacked" his fear was palpable ... :whine
I thought Dwight or Paul was a pipedream ... :wakeup

but tlong was awesome ... Blazers have best frontline now that oden is "back" :lol

Epic thread...:flag:

BTW Kool was just spraying bullets like a Compton gangsta with bad aim ...:ihit

It's really shitty from your side of the gym, I get it. Keep digging for things more interesting than your team's roster.

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 08:47 PM
It's really shitty from your side of the gym, I get it. Keep digging for things more interesting than your team's roster.

Dmc you are cool but you were whining like a lil bitch. Talking about hoe Spurs scout and develop and Lakers buy talent ...wgaf?! Bottom line both bring wins. Shit worked for us 16 times and for yall 4. But sans Timmy shit would be 16-0, maybe worse.
And my team is made of spare parts so what? doesn't change the fact you sounded scared. And despite the sweep I'm.still here.

As for Kool, Dpg is my nicca. I don't get in his ass for no good reason. We battle but no war like that there is mutual respect.

DMC
10-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Dmc you are cool but you were whining like a lil bitch. Talking about hoe Spurs scout and develop and Lakers buy talent ...wgaf?! Bottom line both bring wins. Shit worked for us 16 times and for yall 4. But sans Timmy shit would be 16-0, maybe worse.
And my team is made of spare parts so what? doesn't change the fact you sounded scared. And despite the sweep I'm.still here.

As for Kool, Dpg is my nicca. I don't get in his ass for no good reason. We battle but no war like that there is mutual respect.

To be a fan of a small market franchise, you have to have interest in more than just a win. Otherwise you'd be disappointed all the time and you'd migrate to the flashy teams like all the others. I like the development, I think it shows character in a franchise and it's something I can get behind. I cannot get behind buying wins. It's an age old dilemma, and some choose my way and some choose yours, but then I'm not on Lakerstalk.com asking you, now am I?

Baseline
10-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Don't worry, Laker fans. You have Kaman and Farmar instead of Dwight and CP3. But it's fine because you still have K. Bryant. I mean, Bryant is good enough to take no-talent teams to the Finals, isn't he?

Killakobe81
10-30-2013, 10:34 PM
To be a fan of a small market franchise, you have to have interest in more than just a win. Otherwise you'd be disappointed all the time and you'd migrate to the flashy teams like all the others. I like the development, I think it shows character in a franchise and it's something I can get behind. I cannot get behind buying wins. It's an age old dilemma, and some choose my way and some choose yours, but then I'm not on Lakerstalk.com asking you, now am I?
I'm in the cesspool known as the NBA forum. Although ny takes are mostly hoops when I post upstairs I show respect and its genuine. The mental midgets in here don't deserve that yet I give them more than they deserve.

DMC
10-30-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm in the cesspool known as the NBA forum. Although ny takes are mostly hoops when I post upstairs I show respect and its genuine. The mental midgets in here don't deserve that yet I give them more than they deserve.

You're at www.Spurstalk.com. Don't pretend you got here by accident.