PDA

View Full Version : Rondo the thirst Mutilator

swaggerjackson
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Just out of curiosity, would you guys offer parker for rondo? Hoopshype said he is available for the right deal, and I have stated before that I'm not a big fan of parker. Rondo is defensive minded. He is a player the spurs had their eye on draft night. He has championship experience and is a distributor who could possible ignite some players like jefferson and blair that need set ups. But he can be a butthead too. His on court antics always get me riled up but I do love his game. He comes a bit cheaper and his contract is about the same length. What do you guys have to say?

Wildcat67
11-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Yep I would make that trade.

I love Parker and I think he's exciting to watch. But, with all the shooters on this team I think it's really detrimental to this team that our PG is a shoot first player and not much of a distributor.

Bruno
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM
No.
Parker > Rondo

Fireball
11-29-2011, 11:04 AM
After seeing TP disappear against Memphis I would be interested in such a deal. Rondo is a little injury prone, but the same goes for TP. Spurs would get a real point guard with less shooting ability. Rondo and Manu on the court is a highlight waiting to happen ...

cheguevara
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
No.
Parker > Rondo

offense? yes. Defense? hell no. Rondo is 10x the defender Parker tries to be.

I'd probably do that trade just to ship off Parker. We still be fucked anyway.

urunobili
11-29-2011, 11:45 AM
is Rondo the most effective offensive rebounder among all PG's?

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
lol rondo to be face of spurs after duncan? no..

hater
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
:lmao Parker

the Celtics would have a laugh and hang up on RC

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 01:51 PM
NO ... we need scoring and for that reason Parker > Rondo in our situation

hater
11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
NO ... we need scoring and for that reason Parker > Rondo in our situation

although if Vazquez or Conley could have been held in check last playoffs, who knows what would have happened

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM
although if Vazquez or Conley could have been held in check last playoffs, who knows what would have happened

who knows what could have happened if Gasol and Zebo would have been kept off the boards and out of the paint? Thats the better question

therealtruth
11-29-2011, 02:10 PM
The Spurs had the #1 offense in the league last season. They have plenty of scoring. I think Rondo would help them. A pass first PG would also get more out of RJ and the rest of the players. We would actually be able to see Rondo to RJ alleyoops without set plays.

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
ehhh Rondo and his assists won't make up for the 18 ppg TP produced and he can't shoot the jumpshot so i'd still take TP

hater
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
who knows what could have happened if Gasol and Zebo would have been kept off the boards and out of the paint? Thats the better question

not really. The topic is Rondo on the Spurs instead of Parker.

hater
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
ehhh Rondo and his assists won't make up for the 18 ppg TP produced and he can't shoot the jumpshot so i'd still take TP

so Rondo's 11 assists per game < Parker 18ppg? :downspin:

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:16 PM
so Rondo's 11 assists per game < Parker 18ppg? :downspin:

who's he gonna give 11 assist to? Paul Pierce? Ray Allen? KG? :rollin

hater
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
who's he gonna give 11 assist to?

huh anyone wearing a Spurs uniform.

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:20 PM
huh anyone wearing a Spurs uniform.

i doubt he'd average 11 assists with our guys. i mean he is playing with 3 hall of famers you know. :wakeup

hater
11-29-2011, 02:22 PM
i doubt he'd average 11 assists with our guys. i mean he is playing with 3 hall of famers you know. :wakeup

disagree. Duncan + Manu are as good as KG + Allen. And Pierce's damage comes mostly from iso plays for him not assists from Rondo. Rondo does get most of his assists from distributing the ball to all players.

He'd easily average 9-10 assists per game here.

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
disagree. Duncan + Manu are as good as KG + Allen. And Pierce's damage comes mostly from iso plays for him not assists from Rondo. Rondo does get most of his assists from distributing the ball to all players.

He'd easily average 9-10 assists per game here.

at this point in his career Duncan would miss 2 or 3 of the easy layups and manu can't shoot the outside shot like Ray Allen, which is where i'm sure at least 3 of those assists come from.

Nathan89
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Rondo only works well if you have three shooters on the court with him. That is exactly what he has in KG, Allen, and Pierce.

cheguevara
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Rondo only works well if you have three shooters on the court with him. That is exactly what he has in KG, Allen, and Pierce.

and the Spurs work well when the PG passes the ball to Manu :hat

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
rondo only works well if you have three shooters on the court with him. That is exactly what he has in kg, allen, and pierce.

^^^this!!!

hater
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
again. Rondo would not have bent over french style for the likes of Conley and Vazquez.

so let's just agree to disagree :rolleyes

therealtruth
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
11 assist per game would seem more useful on a team that was the best in the NBA in offensive efficiency last season. It's actually more efficient for your PG to pass than to score because he get everyone involved in the game. If your PG is scoring more and has Parker's passing ability he forces everyone else into being jump shooters.

Rondo would provide better defense. He could at least average the 11 RJ averaged. RJ could probably score 17 like Parker. Plus he would be more engaged on defense since he'd actually be getting touches.

therealtruth
11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Rondo is a much better passer than Parker. Unlike Parker he doesn't mainly just penetrate and kick out. He creates alot of easy baskets around the rim.

Fireball
11-29-2011, 02:46 PM
As I stated above I like Rondo as well ... but I do not think he would 10+ Ast with the Spurs. I mean every Celtic player could hit the jump shot ... that made it easy to pile up assists for Rondo.

swaggerjackson
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Dude I don't care if he averages 10 assists. He can win ball games! He plays great defense and he sets up players. Neal isn't Ray Allen but he can shoot the ball. So can Anderson and manu. Even RJ shoots over 40% from deep. Plus a distributing point guard is the key to unlocking his wasted potential (which he has). Rondo on the break is not as potent as Parker in terms of raw scoring but he is great at running it with people on the wings to pass to (ie RJ, manu, Leonard). Parker puts up numbers in the regular season but he is doesn't elevate his game in the playoffs and he never elevates other peoples games. Rondo atleast has the potential to do that and shut down opponents on defense. IMO

in2deep
11-29-2011, 03:47 PM
good idea but Celtics would not do it.

Brazil
11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, would you guys offer parker for rondo? Hoopshype said he is available for the right deal, and I have stated before that I'm not a big fan of parker. Rondo is defensive minded. He is a player the spurs had their eye on draft night. He has championship experience and is a distributor who could possible ignite some players like jefferson and blair that need set ups. But he can be a butthead too. His on court antics always get me riled up but I do love his game. He comes a bit cheaper and his contract is about the same length. What do you guys have to say?

:lol 8 posts and you already stated stuff on ST ?

lefty
11-29-2011, 03:59 PM
lol Rondo has better D, but god no thanks

Leave him wide open and you are set

Now, TP for Conley ............ that would make my day

Seventyniner
11-29-2011, 05:33 PM
:lol 8 posts and you already stated stuff on ST ?

Well, when all your posts say the same thing, I guess it's possible.

Brazil
11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Now, TP for Conley ............ that would make my day

all decent PG playing with a dominant front court seems to be very nice, I'd love to see Conley playing minutes with Bonner and Blair.

hater
11-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Celtics want Rondo for CP3.

:lol and ppl here say Parker > Rondo :lol

Seventyniner
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Celtics want Rondo for CP3.

:lol and ppl here say Parker > Rondo :lol

All that tells us is that CP3 > Rondo, which we knew anyway. It doesn't say anything about how Parker and Rondo compare.

hater
11-30-2011, 10:36 AM
All that tells us is that CP3 > Rondo, which we knew anyway. It doesn't say anything about how Parker and Rondo compare.

You mean CP3 > parker. I agree. but my point is Celtics and most ppl believe Rondo is a good enough trade chip to get CP3(with other players of course). Now try saying that about Parker

Fireball
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Dude I don't care if he averages 10 assists. He can win ball games! He plays great defense and he sets up players. Neal isn't Ray Allen but he can shoot the ball. So can Anderson and manu. Even RJ shoots over 40% from deep. Plus a distributing point guard is the key to unlocking his wasted potential (which he has). Rondo on the break is not as potent as Parker in terms of raw scoring but he is great at running it with people on the wings to pass to (ie RJ, manu, Leonard). Parker puts up numbers in the regular season but he is doesn't elevate his game in the playoffs and he never elevates other peoples games. Rondo atleast has the potential to do that and shut down opponents on defense. IMO

You do not need to convince me ... my first post in this thread clearly says that I would trade Tony for Rondo - especially because Rondo is the better defender. I was just pointing out he might not average 10+ Ast with the Spurs. Of course winning is more important than stats ...

scottspurs
11-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Rondo would get benched by Pop with that jump shot of his. Do this trade 2 years from now though and I would definitely say yes.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I have stated before that I'm not a big fan of parker.

Well that's good enough reason for me. Pull the trigger, already!

The Truth #6
11-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Parker hasn't been in the top PG conversation for a few years now. Rondo can't shoot but can do almost everything else better than Parker. But then again, Parker's jumpshot isn't always reliable. It's hard to say if Rondo is a team player - that's the more important issue. But with rumors that the Boston Big 3 treated Rondo as a subordinate...even when he was the team's best player makes me wonder if he would do better on a different team.

Anyway, it will never happen. Holt will ride our Big 3 off into the sunset trying to bamboozle fans that we're still contenders.

stephen jackson
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
he doesnt spread the floor tho. :pop:

FkLA
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
No.
Parker > Rondo

:lol

His ability to make teammates better and rebounding would more than make up for it. Parkers shot is only slightly less pathetic than Rondos as well:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/44610012.png/

FkLA
11-30-2011, 06:00 PM
With that said, Im all for trading for Parker but for a solid big-man not for an upgrade at PG. I probably wouldnt make this deal.

portnoy1
11-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Wow thats a pretty ignorant comment. You say that about Rondo, yet Parker is even worse and needs just as many shooters (3,4) to have space to drive and put up numbers. Where was Parkers so called jumpshot during the memphis series? Parker was completely healthy while Rondo like Manu played with one arm and still performed well.

You can love or hate parker, but the fact is he can be an incredible scorer but only under the right circumstances.