PDA

View Full Version : Tp said yesterday...

colargol
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
During his radio show in France Tony Parker said that the Spurs are going to make a big deal/move to have a last chance for the title with Timmy he also said it should be a center :toast !!

TP Show 28/11 (http://www.rmcsport.fr/podcast/podcast.php?id=232)

peacemaker885
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Nene.

cheguevara
11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
If it includes shipping his ass off, it could be true.

SenorSpur
I hope Matt Bonner is included as a throw-in on any possible trade scenarios.

Cheap shot, I know. :ihit

Muser
lol with what resources?

cheguevara
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
lol with what resources?

no worries this man will take us to the promised land:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1732914&width=628&height=471

Fireball
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
After draft day RC Buford also said that the Spurs are not done trading. Finding the team that wants to trade the needed player and getting it done is another thing.

If they really pull a trigger and trade for a big man, I fear they will have to give up more than many Spurs fans would like ...

Stalin
11-29-2011, 11:21 AM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1732914&width=628&height=471

:lol:lol:lol

urunobili
Nene? Gasol?

Muser
If the right deal is available nobody on the Spurs is untouchable (I just don't know what team would want our shit).

twilo73
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Well if it is a last ditch effort I would do this:

To Spurs:
D. Howard

To Orlando:
Jefferson
Splitter
Bonner
Blair
Anderson
1st Round pick
2nd Round pick

I know we give up a lot but it would give us this team:

Parker - Joseph
Manu - Neal
Leonard - Butler
Duncan - McDyess
Howard - FA

You get a couple more FAs to fill out the team and you have the posibility of a championship run.

You also have a year to convince Howard to resign.

Orlando gets 3 young potential starters and 2 picks to play around with... and Jefferson and Bonner.

lefty
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
I want a tall big man who can defend, rebound and score consistetly

Please Santa

gospursgojas
11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
^ yes....Someone 7 foot please

Brazil
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Well if it is a last ditch effort I would do this:

To Spurs:
D. Howard

To Orlando:
Jefferson
Splitter
Bonner
Blair
Anderson
1st Round pick
2nd Round pick

I know we give up a lot but it would give us this team:

Parker - Joseph
Manu - Neal
Leonard - Butler
Duncan - McDyess
Howard - FA

You get a couple more FAs to fill out the team and you have the posibility of a championship run.

You also have a year to convince Howard to resign.

Orlando gets 3 young potential starters and 2 picks to play around with... and Jefferson and Bonner.

:lmao

Duncan2177
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Jefferson and Blair for Kaman?

Fireball
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Jefferson and Blair for Kaman?

that would be nice ... but then we are short on the SF position again ...

urunobili
11-29-2011, 11:59 AM
that would be nice ... but then we are short on the SF position again ...

Leonard Nocioni would be killer IMO

urunobili
11-29-2011, 11:59 AM
^ Plus Anderson can play some three too.

Fireball
11-29-2011, 12:06 PM
yeah, but I already have nightmares seeing Anderson at the 3, Leonard at the 4 ... no more small ball please

don't know about Nocioni ...

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2011, 12:27 PM
the jazz are shoppin al jefferson...maybe we should have a look

Fireball
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM

Not a good defender, but one of the best post players in the league ...

dylankerouac
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Al Jefferson seems injury prone.

Fireball
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM

I thought the same of Tyson Chandler ... but he did fine last season

Sense
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
They need to strictly concentrate on a 7 footer and forget about back up PG, SF, etc...

This team needs a big, everything else falls into place once you have your big men.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
maybe pop is in the slovenia alps again tellin rasho to come down from that mountain cave to wear the silver n black again?

should sign dice for another season if theres no one decent big...

is it possible to trade duncans expiring contract, then the other team amnestys him, we sign him back for veteran?

dylankerouac
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I thought the same of Tyson Chandler ... but he did fine last season

This is true.

Texas_Ranger
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
maybe pop is in the slovenia alps again tellin rasho to come down from that mountain cave to wear the silver n black again?

hahaha, Rasho would be great, but his career is over cause of his shoulder injury.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
hahaha, Rasho would be great, but his career is over cause of his shoulder injury.

still a big body is useful for something, the shoulder injury doesnt hurt him at the ft line since his shotput style ft shooting...lol

Master splitter
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
RJ,Blair,Bonner,+draft pick for Big Al, and Watson. Also sign Aron gray
C:Al Jefferson Pf:Duncan Sf:Leonard Pg:j Anderson p:tony

xtremesteven33
11-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Al Jefferson would be fantastic next to Duncan. Not great defensively but he would take a LOAD off offensively from Duncan and let him concentrate more on the defensive end.

hater
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
TP said last year Spurs were not expecting to be contenders, now he says the opposite. TP is full of shit

Texas_Ranger
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Let's just wait for Manu to say something, I don't trust TP. :stirpot:

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Jefferson and Blair for Kaman. Sign Shane Battier with the full MLE once McDyess retires and a minimun signing on a big like Aaron Gray who can shoot the 15 footer like Dyess and we are set for a championship run :toast

spursince#99
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Tony Anderson Battier Duncan Kaman <--- would be our new lineup with leonard neal joseph splitter bonner and manu coming off the bench

Kool Bob Love
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
TP said last year Spurs were not expecting to be contenders, now he says the opposite. TP is full of shit

I agree. Just wait and see.

Fireball
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Let's just wait for Manu to say something, I don't trust TP. :stirpot:

Manu does not talk with the media about stuff concerning the front office ... TP instead does and I do not think Pop and RC like it

Fireball
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Jefferson and Blair for Kaman. Sign Shane Battier with the full MLE once McDyess retires and a minimun signing on a big like Aaron Gray who can shoot the 15 footer like Dyess and we are set for a championship run :toast

lets do it ...

tmtcsc
11-29-2011, 11:14 PM
During his radio show in France Tony Parker said that the Spurs are going to make a big deal/move to have a last chance for the title with Timmy he also said it should be a center :toast !!

TP Show 28/11 (http://www.rmcsport.fr/podcast/podcast.php?id=232)

:flypig

ChuckD
11-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Al Jefferson would be fantastic next to Duncan. Not great defensively but he would take a LOAD off offensively from Duncan and let him concentrate more on the defensive end.

Al Jefferson for RJ and Dice works monetarily, and for both teams. Utah is out one starting SF in Kirilenko, and has an over abundance of bigs, and this also saves Utah the difference between Dice's full salary, and the half he's guaranteed.

slick'81
11-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Al Jefferson for RJ and Dice works monetarily, and for both teams. Utah is out one SF in Kirilenko, and has an over abundance of bigs, and this also saves Utah the difference between Dice's full salary, and the half he's guaranteed.

jesus spurs fans can only dream

ChuckD
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
jesus spurs fans can only dream

Utah has allegedly been shopping him for a while, and they do need a starting SF and a scorer, and it saves them $2.6 off the cap AND actual cash, since they can cut Dice.

Al J isn't perfect, but he's pretty damn good, and still only 26. He scores in the post, has a VERY nice jumper, and rebounds well.

ducks
11-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Nene eyes possible move from Denver
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aj.QPAa2U9ygDle4cwMrghC8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_nene_nba_free_agents_112911

Nathan89
11-29-2011, 11:55 PM
Utah has allegedly been shopping him for a while, and they do need a starting SF and a scorer, and it saves them $2.6 off the cap AND actual cash, since they can cut Dice.

Al J isn't perfect, but he's pretty damn good, and still only 26. He scores in the post, has a VERY nice jumper, and rebounds well.

A starting sf and a scorer is not something spurs can provide.

Why wouldn't they resign AK47?

ChuckD
11-30-2011, 12:16 AM
A starting sf and a scorer is not something spurs can provide.

Why wouldn't they resign AK47?

RJ has scored everywhere he's played except here, because he's realistically the fourth option. Have you looked at Utah's wing scoring options? Not much going on there. I think they're just done with AK, and he with them. They paid him a shit pot of money, and he turned from an All Star to a garden variety rotation player in not very many years.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Saw on Fox news, that the Spurs are interested in getting Nene, and that he was working out with Tim Duncan. Although, I'm sure he was here working with TD because Splitter was there too. But it could mean something. If we get Nene...

Man..

baseline bum
11-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Nene would be awesome, but for what? He'd never want to come here without Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan, and something like a first rounder+Blair+Anderson isn't going to get the deal done.

baseline bum
11-30-2011, 12:39 AM
And :vomit: on the Al Jefferson idea. The Spurs don't need scoring right now; they need a really strong rebounder-defender at the 4 or 5, a backup point guard, and they have to get something out of Jefferson after March.

Roger Freemason Jr.
11-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Like Bruno said in another thread.

Nene isn't in a strength situation, he could demand a S&T with the Spurs,
or else he would just sign with a team that is below the cap. It would be better
for the Nuggets to get something from the Spurs, rather than get nothing at all.

There is plenty the Spurs can offer without giving up one of the big 3.

Mel_13
11-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Nene would be awesome, but for what? He'd never want to come here without Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan, and something like a first rounder+Blair+Anderson isn't going to get the deal done.

Even if it could, a transaction like that could add 15M or more in salary and luxury tax.

I'm sure we'll see one of these owners that cried poverty go ahead and spend their way well into the luxury tax, but I doubt it will be Holt.

ChuckD
11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
Saw on Fox news, that the Spurs are interested in getting Nene, and that he was working out with Tim Duncan. Although, I'm sure he was here working with TD because Splitter was there too. But it could mean something. If we get Nene...

Man..

Denver would not be motivated to move him anywhere they don't absolutely have to, and that's the only way we could get him. Unless he has a screw loose, he isn't signing for $3M or $5M or whatever size MLE we have.

ChuckD
11-30-2011, 12:55 AM
And :vomit: on the Al Jefferson idea. The Spurs don't need scoring right now; they need a really strong rebounder-defender at the 4 or 5, a backup point guard, and they have to get something out of Jefferson after March.

Since we have exactly ONE player who can score in the post, and he burned out by the playoffs playing 28 minutes per last year, I beg to disagree. I'm not sure exactly what you think we can pull for RJ, either. Teams want to keep really good players. The only ones available will be flawed, or not have everything we need.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2011, 01:00 AM
Al Jefferson for RJ and Dice works monetarily, and for both teams. Utah is out one starting SF in Kirilenko, and has an over abundance of bigs, and this also saves Utah the difference between Dice's full salary, and the half he's guaranteed.

aint the jazz for sale? why pile on more contracts?

DMC
11-30-2011, 01:04 AM
It's a risk everyone takes. Al Jefferson would be a great acquisition.

portnoy1
11-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Since we have exactly ONE player who can score in the post, and he burned out by the playoffs playing 28 minutes per last year, I beg to disagree. I'm not sure exactly what you think we can pull for RJ, either. Teams want to keep really good players. The only ones available will be flawed, or not have everything we need.

Exactly!!!! In last years playoffs Tim was expected to be the only lowpost scorer, defend the other teams best big and protect the paint at the same time. They at least need another big, whether he is a defensive player or offensive. They simply need something out of that 4/5 position aside from Duncan. Pop also needs to slow things down and call plays instead of shooting 3's and letting guards run around.

Ice009
11-30-2011, 01:52 AM
I would be very interested in Al Jefferson. He has flaws, but anyone saying we have enough low post scorers is borderline retarded. We could definitely use another post scorer. Tim was the only guy last season that could do it and not even he was consistent at it. We're asking Tim to do too much these days.

Does anyone think Al can improve defensively if he bought into it, and is tutored by Tim and Pop?

Fireball
11-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Does anyone think Al can improve defensively if he bought into it, and is tutored by Tim and Pop?

I am willing to believe that, but not this shortened season. There will be less chances of practicing because of more games per week. And it is this season that counts because it might be TDs last one ...

xtremesteven33
11-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Al has never been a good shotblocker but he doesnt have to do too much of it in this system. Its more based on position defense as well with team defense. He can learn that on the fly, hes not a rookie and has been around long enough to understand what good position defense requires.

Tim can take care of the main shotblocking for the most part, but Jefferson would bring some MUCH needed help for Tim in the low post scoring area. I can imagine the high-low scoring combos they could create for each other on a nightly basis.

jesterbobman
11-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Anything that helps us get someone of his caliber is a pipe dream to begin with. The best free agents we could hope for is probably be on the level of Kwame Brown(eek), and a trade with our assets is only realistically going to get us a big man with some limitations, whether it's injury history, Defensive ability, rebounding, Shooting(Spacing the Floor) Basketball IQ, or anything else you can think of. Al Jefferson might be available due to the Jazz having talented youngsters at his position(Favors, Kanter) and will want to tank to get good, and is presumably available. Other than Jefferson, there could be an attempt to grab Kaman, and possibly hope for Nene. But If Al Jefferson is on the table, you can't say no out of hope of something better, there isn't really a better option.

Fireball
11-30-2011, 02:58 AM
Jefferson would definitely make the opponents bigs work on the defensive end and could draw the double teams Duncan is not able to do any more ...

Hooks
11-30-2011, 04:30 AM
Denver would not be motivated to move him anywhere they don't absolutely have to, and that's the only way we could get him. Unless he has a screw loose, he isn't signing for $3M or $5M or whatever size MLE we have.

Don't be so sure about that.

"Nene, 29, says he wants to play for a contender – perhaps at the expense of a more lucrative contract elsewhere. The Heat and Mavericks, who will both be over the salary cap, should be happy to hear that.
“It’s not about the money,” Nene said. “If I wanted to retire today I could retire because I saved my money. So right now I want to be happy and improve. That’s what I want. That’s what everybody wants. I need help. I need good players around. People say, ‘Nene, the last six years you averaged 14 points and eight or seven rebounds.’ OK, but they don’t say why."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aj.QPAa2U9ygDle4cwMrghC8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_nene_nba_free_agents_112911

He also mentions that he wants to be in an organization that appreciates him. We've got good players as well, we've got an organization that cares about it's players as well as a family environment and nothing but CLASS.

We could also pay him big money once TD's contract is up. Nene also trained with TD/Tiago/everybody else this summer and Tiago is also one of his Brazilian teammates.

cutewizard
11-30-2011, 05:21 AM
could we get BOTH Nene and Al Jefferson?

just asking,

imagine

cutewizard
11-30-2011, 05:22 AM
if we get two quality bigs, i think we can win the NBA title, because Manu and Tony can still compete, and we got promising youngsters like Leonard, Neal and Splitter

so i think if we get two bigs ====== 2012 NBA title

Fireball
11-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Now you get greedy ... one big man like them might be possible involving a trade where you have to give up one of the promising youngsters you mentioned. But I only want to get rid of RJ and/or Bonner ...

benefactor
11-30-2011, 06:26 AM
People who get all enamored with Al Jefferson's scoring seem to forget just how bad of a defender he really is. He's going to get you points/boards but you are basically playing 5 on 4 on the opposite end.

therealtruth
11-30-2011, 07:21 AM
I am not sure it makes sense for the Spurs to make a monumental change unless they are trading TP or Jefferson. It's probably best to acquire by free agency. It takes so long for new players to learn the plays and gain chemistry that it would probably mean sacrificing a chance at winning this year.

ChuckD
11-30-2011, 08:15 AM
People who get all enamored with Al Jefferson's scoring seem to forget just how bad of a defender he really is. He's going to get you points/boards but you are basically playing 5 on 4 on the opposite end.

I'm sorry to say that there are no Tim Duncans or David Robinsons available. Every player we look at or acquire is going to have some flaw or downside.

Seventyniner
11-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Al Jefferson's contract would put the Spurs well into the tax for the next two years. He's a good player, sure, but not at that price.

jag
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Manu does not talk with the media about stuff concerning the front office ... TP instead does and I do not think Pop and RC like it

He's done it on multiple occasions so that leads me to believe they probably aren't concerned with it. If it was something they had a problem with, then I don't see how they would allow it to continue.

jag
11-30-2011, 11:52 AM
It's a risk everyone takes. Al Jefferson would be a great acquisition.

I agree

silverblk mystix
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Tony was talking about Bonner...

Bonner is the big man that Pop is providing....for Timmy's last run...

NickiRasgo
11-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Tony was talking about Bonner...

Bonner is the big man that Pop is providing....for Timmy's last run...

:lobt: :lobt2: :flag:

FromWayDowntown
11-30-2011, 12:56 PM
The Spurs' history in acquiring previously prolific scoring Jeffersons who play iffy defense has not been exemplary.

:)

I'd take Nene in a heartbeat, but I think that's extremely unlikely.

ManuTastic
11-30-2011, 01:02 PM

Wow, I'd do that shit in a heartbeat.

(Just remembered that Tony is our best/only trade bait...):depressed

Fireball
11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
He's done it on multiple occasions so that leads me to believe they probably aren't concerned with it. If it was something they had a problem with, then I don't see how they would allow it to continue.

You're probably right, but still its interesting that TP is the only one who talks with the media about such stuff. That and his "private failures" may be the reason he is not considered 100% Spurs material ...

Fireball
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
The Spurs' history in acquiring previously prolific scoring Jeffersons who play iffy defense has not been exemplary.

But we could have great new player jerseys for them ... one has RJ3.0 on the back and the other simply Al ...

benefactor
11-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry to say that there are no Tim Duncans or David Robinsons available. Every player we look at or acquire is going to have some flaw or downside.
I am well aware of that. I am also well aware that the Spurs issues are bigger on the defensive end then they are on the offensive end. I'd much rather have a player that is flawed offensively and is solid defensively.

It doesn't matter anyway. Outside of trading Parker/Manu, Jefferson is not a realistic target.

baseline bum
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Playing Al Jefferson and Duncan together would be asinine. Neither has the agility to really guard the 4 effectively and they would constantly be in each others' ways on offense. I'd rather blow the team up than try to push another square peg through a round hole.

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
playin 4 on 5 on defense with al jeff, is still better then havn bonnner anywhere on the court

JustinJDW
11-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh God please get Nene. I'd take Nene over Al Jefferson in a heartbeat. One plays no defense, the other plays great defense. Scoring is not a problem on this team, but Nene is a legit scorer anyway. This isn't a hard decision at all.

Fireball
11-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Nobody here thinks Jefferson > Nene I guess ...

But if you cannot get Nene (which is likely), you have to look for other options ...

scottspurs
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
If Nene signs a 1 year deal for cheap with the Spurs you have to retire his jersey automatically if they win a title right?

swaggerjackson
11-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Why would Tony say this? I mean he should be confident about our team, but we why would he say we were going to make trades? Not saying he is wrong but it is strange to hear from a player. Also a player who was not allowed to contact the team for months now because of lockout agreements. But I would love to get a new big man to put next to Tim. Lets see what happens.

thispego
11-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Nene only has one ball. Pass.

Seventyniner
11-30-2011, 03:29 PM

So does a basketball game, but we keep watching.

tmtcsc
11-30-2011, 03:31 PM

:lmao That is so wrong ! But damn, that's funny. Actually, we could use all the balls we can get. He's got more balls than some of our current players.

scottspurs
11-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Could also be Greg Oden

PBEEZY
11-30-2011, 04:11 PM

More than RJ

Sorry someone was going to say it

irdab
11-30-2011, 04:45 PM
If only Spurs could pull an Eagles off season signing (not there playing record) and pull an top tier center..

jag
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
You're probably right, but still its interesting that TP is the only one who talks with the media about such stuff. That and his "private failures" may be the reason he is not considered 100% Spurs material ...

Who exactly doesn't consider him to be 100% Spurs material?

FkLA
11-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Nene would be great, but thats probably a pipe dream. Id really like the Spurs to take a look at Darko though...that nlgga could really help this team out.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2011, 05:05 PM
It would certainly help Pop keep Splitter out of the rotation another year.

chazley
11-30-2011, 06:25 PM
more than rj

poty

TDMVPDPOY
11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
how about josh smith? he has 2 years left 10-12m price range per season

hawks want a lottery future pick and pieces, maybe a center so they can put horford at pf?

benefactor
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
It would certainly help Pop keep Splitter out of the rotation another year.
Hey man...long time no see. Congrats on dem Bears beating OU. I thought about you when it happened.

SA210
11-30-2011, 07:31 PM

:lmao:lmao

Obstructed_View
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey man...long time no see. Congrats on dem Bears beating OU. I thought about you when it happened.

lol thank you. Nice to have a reason to be back.

After 20 years of them sucking it's nice to see them doing well, for however long it lasts. That's probably the most exciting game I've seen of any kind since the overtime win against the Suns when Duncan hit the three.

TD 21
11-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Al has never been a good shotblocker but he doesnt have to do too much of it in this system. Its more based on position defense as well with team defense. He can learn that on the fly, hes not a rookie and has been around long enough to understand what good position defense requires.

Tim can take care of the main shotblocking for the most part, but Jefferson would bring some MUCH needed help for Tim in the low post scoring area. I can imagine the high-low scoring combos they could create for each other on a nightly basis.

Wrong. Despite his build, he's a good shot blocker. He had a block percentage of 4.2 last season. Duncan, by comparison, had a block percentage of 4.8., which was his best mark in five seasons. They both averaged 1.9 bpg, though Duncan did it in 7.5 less mpg.

He's not a good defender, but he's slightly bigger than Randolph. And like Randolph, if he's surrounded by two good defensive big men and is on a team that really focuses on defense, there's no reason he can't be an adequate defender. He'll always struggle guarding mobile types though and that would be an issue on this team. But overall, a Duncan-Jefferson-Splitter-Bonner big rotation would be one of the best in the league.

Someone said "he's not the type of player you go well into the tax for". Actually, he's exactly the type you go well into the tax for. He's good enough to at least give them renewed hope that they could contend and young enough to serve as a building block post Duncan.

Fireball
12-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Who exactly doesn't consider him to be 100% Spurs material?

Reading the threads in this and other forums shows clearly that every Spurs fan loves Manu and Tim, but TP is another story. And this has not only to do with his basketball skills. TP is seeking the spotlight and that is not Spurslike ...