PDA

View Full Version : Scola for the MLE

KoriEllis
09-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Other than Argentine bulldog Andres Nocioni (Chicago), it appears there won't be any notable Olympians leaving foreign teams to crack NBA rosters this season. (Why the Rockets don't sign Pepe Sanchez, who'd be ideal for them, is a mystery to me.) Nocioni signed with the Bulls prior to Athens and has a three-year deal worth around $2.7 million per year. That will help, considering his buyout clause from his Spanish contract was a reported $2 million. Lithuanian sharpshooter Arvydas Macijauskus had been negotiating with a handful of NBA teams, including the Bulls, but his window to opt out expired before Athens. "He can't go until next year," said his agent, Marc Fleisher. "We were negotiating, but things came up and we were running out of time." Macijauskus has only a $200,000 buyout in his deal with his Spanish team . . .

Nocioni's Olympic teammate, Luis Scola, is the property of the Spurs (gee, does San Antonio ever make a bad draft pick?) He is expected to join FIBA poster boy Tim Duncan next season. "For the first time in a long time, we will be over the cap next summer," said San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "That means we'll have the mid-level exception and we'll use that to bring him in." Scola will be reunited with Spurs guard Manu Ginobili (the Olympics MVP) . . .

www.boston.com/sports/bas...arris?pg=2 (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2004/09/12/olympics_were_hardly_a_total_loss_for_harris?pg=2)

timvp
09-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Sounds good. I seriously doubt it will be the whole MLE, so splitting it to bring in Scola makes sense.

Rick Von Braun
09-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Damn... I was about to post this... you are fast Kori :elephant

IcemanCometh
09-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Macijauskus has only a $200,000 buyout in his deal with his Spanish team

uhm I hope we're one of the teams hes negotiating with.

blackbucket
09-12-2004, 10:03 PM
That other article said he was looking for 3 years at 2 per. I could see his price rising if HE WORKS ON REBOUNDING!

"Buford, I averaged 7 rebounds last year. Pay up Biotch" :p

Tommy Duncan
09-12-2004, 10:49 PM
(gee, does San Antonio ever make a bad draft pick?)

:smokin

And yes, the Spurs have made bad draft picks but we know why that was written and as of late, it rings rather true.

http://www.fluii.dk/wap/128x128/Film/ghostbuster.jpg

KoriEllis
09-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Scola will probably get about half the MLE or so. I think Pop's point of this statement was just that the Spurs have the MLE to use.

ducks
09-13-2004, 04:50 PM
WOuld spurs have more if tp does not sign that extention

exstatic
09-13-2004, 07:59 PM
No ducks. They will be over the cap, and therefore, their only source of money is the exceptions.