PDA

View Full Version : biggest mouth in Detroit has been suckin all series

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I used to tolerate this fool 'cause he actually had skills. Now he is the biggest mouth in Detroit and he's been sucking ass this series. This is just an example of the crap that comes out of his mouth,
Rasheed speaks
Rasheed Wallace wanted to clarify a couple of statements he made after Game 2 in San Antonio.
He said he meant no disrespect by referring to the Spurs as "the good, ol' boys."
"What I meant by that (good ol' boy vs. bad boys) the other night was, you know, San Antonio, they're the good guys and we're the bad boys," he said after the shoot-around Tuesday.
Wallace also said that too many are prematurely proclaiming the death of the Pistons.
"We're back on our home soil," he said. "Like I said the other night, 'We're back on bad boy soil now.'"

Not only that, but when asked if next game after a 2-0 hole was a must win, his smart ass said somthing like "Nope, next game after a 3-0 is a must win"

Yes it's the same old Rasheed, but this time he's not backing it up w/his game. He should shut the fuck up until he has a decent game. I will enjoy greatly when the Pistons get dethroned, just 'cause of Rasheed.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Can't say I really argue with you. 'Sheed talks a good game. Don't worry, though. He's overdue, and I'm looking for him to have a solid game. He's been off his game, considering he's playing up against Duncan. I don't care what other Piston fans say, if your primary job is to keep Duncan quiet, you've got your hands full as it is. You're not going to just run down and get open shots for nothing.

Either way, I'm hoping he breaks out. I think he's a key in the Pistons success in this series.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
you know i dont mind him now. he didnt say anything after game 1 or 2. but after game 3 he's up at the podium, taking questions. billups was the one who had to sit there after games 1 and 2. (and i respect him more now)

still what do you expect. this guy is fragile. i like the suspense of not knowing whether dude is gonna go crazy after a bad call. bounce-kick a ref into the stands like a bad superdave sketch...

ginobme
06-16-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah, he is due...isnt detroit undeafeated (in the playoffs i mean) when he scores 20pts or more?? Is it himself or the defense thats keeping his game in check?

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I can see how you'd be upset. He was really trash-talking the Spurs there. :rolleyes

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Rasheed trash talks everybody...that is just him. Its not a big deal. I agree though..he is due for a big game.

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
What did he even said that was trashtalk? I haven't heard Rasheed saying anything bad in this series. "Good ol' boys" isn't anything.

Rasheed will probably have at least one great game this series. I hope it's not tonight. I really don't want the series coming back to S.A. If the Spurs lose tonight, then everyone is going to constantly talk about the Spurs choking off the Lakers series last season.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I was referring to Sheed running his mouth in general...nothing specific in this series....I probably shouldn't have used the term 'trash-talk'...my bad.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I think the Spurs will win tonight and then Sheed will have a big game 5 to send it back to SA. So far the series has unfolded as I, and a lot of people here, had forseen.

spurschick
06-16-2005, 12:39 PM
I haven't heard any trash talking either... from anybody. Some tried to make something out of Rip's comments about Bruce, but that it wasn't that big of a deal. I'm sure that the national media would like a war of words between the two teams, but it's nice to see that they won't get it. Of course, I may be speaking too soon.

1Parker1
06-16-2005, 12:40 PM
What did he even said that was trashtalk? I haven't heard Rasheed saying anything bad in this series. "Good ol' boys" isn't anything.

Rasheed will probably have at least one great game this series. I hope it's not tonight. I really don't want the series coming back to S.A. If the Spurs lose tonight, then everyone is going to constantly talk about the Spurs choking off the Lakers series last season.

Exactly!

FromWayDowntown
06-16-2005, 12:42 PM
"It was a good game, my man. Both teams played hard."

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
I think the Spurs will win tonight and then Sheed will have a big game 5 to send it back to SA. So far the series has unfolded as I, and a lot of people here, had forseen.

I disagree in that I think that if the Spurs win tonight, it's over in five. If the Spurs lose tonight, then it likely goes seven.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
I really, really hope you are right, K. :)

well at least the part about being over in 5! :)

constantstate
06-16-2005, 12:50 PM
I disagree in that I think that if the Spurs win tonight, it's over in five. If the Spurs lose tonight, then it likely goes seven.
i agree on the first part. i say spurs in 5 too.
but if we lose and win game 5. we close it out in game 6.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 12:56 PM
If the Spurs lose tonight....all we will hear until Sunday are references to the LA series last year(ignoring the same situation in the same round with Seattle this season) and how the Pistons won all three at home last year. Although the Detroit reference would be more valid.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
The more and more i learn about this Pistons team the more they all sound like nothing but a bunch of Mouths

Ginofan
06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Are we that desperate to bitch about trash talking that we'll take "good ol' boys" as an insult?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-16-2005, 01:10 PM
yes

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Are we that desperate to bitch about trash talking that we'll take "good ol' boys" as an insult?

apparently so.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 01:26 PM
The more and more i learn about this Pistons team the more they all sound like nothing but a bunch of Mouths

You seem to have a lot of negative to say about the Pistons for someone who claims that WE sound like a .. 'bunch of mouths'.

PM5K
06-16-2005, 01:32 PM
It's true though, the only must win game is the one after you are down 3-0....

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 01:33 PM
It's true though, the only must win game is the one after you are down 3-0....

Or 3-1 or 3-2. Even 3-3.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Just to clear something up for Detroit Fans: Last year was a fluke.

The Spurs have won 15 of 16 series after being up 2-0. So, the Spurs aren't "chokers."

The Detroit homecourt argument is more interesting.

Sure, Detroit dominated the Lakers at home last year. But the Spurs are 6-2 on the road this year. If the Pistons manage to sweep homecourt again, I will be very impressed, 'cause it won't be easy to beat this Spurs team 3 games in a row.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I can see how you'd be upset. He was really trash-talking the Spurs there. :rolleyes

who said anything about trashtalking the Spurs???

read my first post, my point was that he needs to have a decent game first and not run his mouth regadless.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 02:02 PM
yeah, he is due...isnt detroit undeafeated (in the playoffs i mean) when he scores 20pts or more?? Is it himself or the defense thats keeping his game in check?

he is also due.... for an ejection.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-16-2005, 02:08 PM
who said anything about trashtalking the Spurs???

read my first post, my point was that he needs to have a decent game first and not run his mouth regadless.

He wasn't running his mouth about anything. Seems you're getting pretty defensive, especially for someone who's team is ahead in the series.

The thing about Sheed is that so far he's backed up his talk, so until he starts talking shit about SA, worry about your own players, we'll worry about ours.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 02:12 PM
we dont have to worry about our players.
(they dont need shrinks)

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 02:20 PM
He wasn't running his mouth about anything.

:lol ok dude, if u wanna beleive it :tu

Vashner
06-16-2005, 02:23 PM
They cut off his blunts because of drug testing... so he's off his game.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 02:46 PM

I would disagree. They beat up the Lakers fair and square. LA was too busy bitching at each other and Detroit took advantage....LA got rattled and fell apart.

ALVAREZ6
06-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Rasheed is just a dirty guy...figuratively and literaly.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 03:45 PM

I'm so tired of hearing that last year's championship was a fluke.

Get over it, and get over yourself. You win 4 games in the Finals, you are the champs. I don't care if you beat the University of Shut-the-hell-up, if you win 4 games in the Finals, you are a legitamate champion. I think it's fair to say that by us making it BACK to the Finals, win or lose, that legitimizes last year's Championship even more.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't care if you beat the University of Shut-the-hell-up,

hey...they were injured and their best player was academically ineligible....if not...

:lol

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 03:52 PM

Get over it, and get over yourself. You win 4 games in the Finals, you are the champs. I don't care if you beat the University of Shut-the-hell-up, if you win 4 games in the Finals, you are a legitamate champion. I think it's fair to say that by us making it BACK to the Finals, win or lose, that legitimizes last year's Championship even more.

sorry to say, you'll be hearing it forever unless you win this series. which you won't :)

5ToolMan
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM

You might want to focus on your reading comprehension before you go off. The "fluke" the poster was talking about was the Spurs losing the 2-0 lead to the Lakers last year, not the Pistons total distruction of that sinking ship.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 03:58 PM

i dont think last years championship was a fluke at all. detroit played toughass D and beat down a team we should have handled just as easy. if anything i think the lakers being there was a fluke. it should have been us. .04 and it would have been. and this would be the second time we'd be meeting in the finals... but thats OUR bad laker-luck... not detroits fault. i think you guys have been the best in the east for a little over 2 seasons. indiana injurys/whacko players dont mean squat... nor does an "instant pretender" like miami...

5ToolMan
06-16-2005, 03:59 PM

The Spurs have won 15 of 16 series after being up 2-0. So, the Spurs aren't "chokers."

The Detroit homecourt argument is more interesting.

Sure, Detroit dominated the Lakers at home last year. But the Spurs are 6-2 on the road this year. If the Pistons manage to sweep homecourt again, I will be very impressed, 'cause it won't be easy to beat this Spurs team 3 games in a row.

Here is the post that started the fluke conversation. Read slowly and follow the author's expressed thoughts at least the second sentence. Get it?

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 03:59 PM
You might want to focus on your reading comprehension before you go off. The "fluke" the poster was talking about was the Spurs losing the 2-0 lead to the Lakers last year, not the Pistons total distruction of that sinking ship.

I've seen the Pistons championship referred to as a fluke dozens of times on this board. I'm a peaceful Pistons fan, but that gets old quick.

Pistons does NOT equal fluke. I don't care what the reference.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Some Spurs fans seem to forget that we heard the fluke talk after 99 and 03.

ALVAREZ6
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
I've seen the Pistons championship referred to as a fluke dozens of times on this board. I'm a peaceful Pistons fan, but that gets old quick.

No one really said this.

We were actually happy that you guys won.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 04:11 PM

well ive never said that... but i did say one thing... i didnt know ONE spurs fan that wasnt rooting for detroit last year. on the surface it would seem like we were bitter... but more than that, we saw you guys playing the way we do (beautiful D at times) and it just made that whole series we had gone through feel better.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
My comment was only related to those who think it was a fluke season. As samikeyp mentioned, Spurs fans know what it's like to be called a fluke. If you don't have your superstars, then the media thinks "how could they win?" The fans know, but so many people will follow what others say.

Anyway, the point has been made.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 04:23 PM
We were actually happy that you guys won.

No shit! The Pistons had quite a few fans down here last year.