PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FX 2: March

ace3g
11-29-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.tapology.com/system/sidebar_images/417/original/UFC-on-FX-2-Alves-Kampmann-poster.jpg?1330226192

Venue: Allphones Arena
Broadcast: FX and FUEL TV

MAIN CARD (FX)

Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann
Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani (flyweight-tourney semifinal)
Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall (flyweight-tourney semifinal)
Court McGee vs. Constantinos Philippou

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)*

Aaron Rosa vs. James Te Huna
Nick Penner vs. Anthony Perosh
Cole Miller vs. Steven Siler
Andrew Craig vs. Kyle Noke
Jake Hecht vs. T.J. Waldburger
Daniel Pineda vs. Mackens Semerzier

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)*

Shawn Jordan vs. Oli Thompson

* - Not officially announced

(NOTE: Due to the time difference, this event takes place on Saturday afternoon in Australia and airs live in North American on Friday night.)

Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann has been confirmed for the 2nd FX fight card sometime in March: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/11/29/thiago-alves-vs-martin-kampmann-set-for-ufc-on-fx-2/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

ace3g
02-27-2012, 01:07 AM
MAIN CARD (FX)

Aaron Rosa vs. James Te Huna

n-j-Or9gnZk&feature=g-all-u&context=G2e62a76FAAAAAAAAAAA

djohn14
02-27-2012, 08:07 PM

Prelim

Jake Hecht vs. T.J. Waldburger

The TroutBum
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann - Man, I hate Alves. Kampmann got robbed on his last fight, you can almost smell the submission from here.
Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani (flyweight-tourney semifinal) - I love me some WEC guys.
Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall - I hate him, but he's good. Nice faggot mustache.
Court McGee vs. Constantinos Philippou - Got to go with my Utah boy.

Cole Miller vs. Steven Siler - Again, Utah representin' -- WAR MORMONS!

Stringer_Bell
03-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann - Kamp redeemed himself in my eyes when he admitted that the longer the Sanchez/Ellenberger fight went, the better it would fair for Diego. Kampmann is DESPERATE for a win, and I see Alves getting RNC'd in the 3rd.
Joseph Benavidez vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani (flyweight-tourney semifinal) - SA-town representing, will be nice to have a Texas champ!
Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall (flyweight-tourney semifinal) - Really liked Ian since the WEC fights, I want him to fight for a title on the big stage.
Court McGee vs. Constantinos Philippou - Always bet on the man who walks out to CSNY songs.

Cole Miller vs. Steven Siler - hope Cole goes back up to LW after this so Cerrone can whoop his ass.

ace3g
03-02-2012, 01:45 AM
s2HbjeD68U4&feature=player_embedded

polandprzem
03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
MAIN CARD (FX)

Close fight, and wo great strikers gonna meet and it's gonna be fun. Martin goes for it and likes to be in the pocket and throw. Against Alves it might not be good idea.
None the less IMO war

Uncle creeeeeeeepeeeee will put on a show.

Avoid the power of Costs and control him all night and possible finish in 3rd

Nick Penner vs. Anthony Perosh

Home sweet home :elephant

dbreiden83080
03-02-2012, 04:47 PM
MAIN CARD (FX)

Cole Miller vs. Steven Siler

ace3g
03-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Props to Andrew Craig fighting out Houston, Texas (ufc debut / late injury replacement) vs. Kyle Noke; should get the decision; Noke had the upperhand at the beginning with a few submission attempts from the back set up from an early TD; Craig who is a BJJ/ground fighter was able to defend all the attempts and showed his stand up game and gained momentum to end the 1st.

Another positive note, for his debut; his cardio was top notch; didn't get cage fright.

And he just announced Texas Independence Day (3-0 so far in Australia) during his victory speech.

3 Texas Fighters:

Andrew Craig, TJ Waldburger, and Daniel Pineda

--

Good fight right now: Cole Miller vs. Steven Siler; Siler took the 1st round, 2nd was close, essentially turned in a zombie fight, both fighters landing combinations. First fight for Miller at 145.

Siler gets the decision 29-28

ace3g
03-02-2012, 09:38 PM
awesome commercial for Bones Jones just aired!!!

ace3g
03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
might have a sudden victory 4th round in the first flyweight fight

desflood
03-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I really thought McCall had that.

Stringer_Bell
03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Total bullshit decision. It was 29-28 for McCall, I wonder what Dana will say cuz that shit was a real robbery and the ref should've ended that shit in the last 10 seconds.

ace3g
03-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Kamp has pitbull rocked

ace3g
03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
woo, go Kamp!!!

Stringer_Bell
03-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Had a feeling Kamp would find a sub in the 3rd ;)

Still hate that the judges fucked with my flyweight picks :/

Kamp vs Diaz (after Diaz gets a light punishment from the commission)

shyne
03-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Dana tweeted that commission screwed up scorecards McCall fight was a draw, should have been 4th round that's crazy shit.

The TroutBum
03-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Total bullshit decision. It was 29-28 for McCall, I wonder what Dana will say cuz that shit was a real robbery and the ref should've ended that shit in the last 10 seconds.

I don't know if it got screwed up or not, but seriously, in a close fight like that (I thought it was a good decision, tbh -- even though it fucked up my pick) if you're a judge, how does all that showboating and bullshit posing after the fight NOT influence your decision? They are human, afterall, and people genuinely don't like ass holes. I was beyond happy with that decision, and I hope McCall looks back on this and realizes he looks and acts like a complete fuck head.

And BOO YA Kampman!

CubanSucks
03-03-2012, 02:45 AM
so why wasn't the main event 5 rounds? Could someone explain that to me? Did they stop doing that or what?

dbreiden83080
03-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Alves just showed why he will never be champ.. What a choke artist. Less than a minute away from an easy UD win and he goes for a TD when he has Kampman hurt and gets himself sub'd. WTF are you doing tapping out with under 1 min to go? Let yourself get choked out or fight like crazy to control the hand. Lack of heart plus a head full of shit equals Alves...

Worst loss i have seen in years.

Sir Loin
03-03-2012, 03:50 AM
What happened to our San Antonio boy? Man he got owned

polandprzem
03-03-2012, 08:15 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1002254/AnCFH2BCIAA3ahL.jpg

polandprzem
03-03-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.ultimatefighter.pl/ufc/zawodnicy/item/2850-waga-thiago-alvesa-po-nawodnieniu-organizmu-foto

3 hours after weighins for alves