PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Offering Rondo For Paul

Koolaid_Man
11-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Good news for Laker fans....I'm hoping that Orlando's mgmt will also see the handwriting on the wall...Man tits is the best young stud out there worth taking...No one can offer a sweeter deal :toast

Celtics Offering Rondo For Paul

Nov 29, 2011 8:02 PM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Paul_Chris_noh_110310.jpg

The Celtics have been discussing trading Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul, according to sources. But the Hornets don't appear interested in a two-team deal.

Danny Ainge has been searching for a third team that would give the Hornets young pieces that would help Dell Demps in his rebuilding plan.
It is also unclear whether Paul would agree to an extension, something Ainge would need to execute a trade.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216851/Celtics_Offering_Rondo_For_Paul#ixzz1f9SvhAYq

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
There are a couple teams that can offer a better package. Clippers can offer Blake Griffin. That one right there is better.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
There are a couple teams that can offer a better package. Clippers can offer Blake Griffin. That one right there is better.

Clippers would be stupid to trade Blake for Paul.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Oh, and as much as I love Rondo, if we can give him up for Paul, I'm all for it.

JayTheClown
11-29-2011, 10:54 PM
That sucks for Rondo if this is true:depressed

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Oh, and as much as I love Rondo, if we can give him up for Paul, I'm all for it.

I dont blame you Lngrr. Even though I think rondo is the better defender (paul is good defensively but people overrate him because of the steals and rebounds).

Until Rondo develops a jumper he is not in CP3's class as a PG ...

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Clippers would be stupid to trade Blake for Paul.

I was referring to Dwight per Kools statement.

baseline bum
11-29-2011, 10:59 PM
That would be classic to have the All Pissed-Off Lockout team in Boston. I don't see Stern letting the league send him anywhere but NY though.

JayTheClown

Paul would not suddenly make the Celtics immediate championship contenders. Yeah, Paul is a far better PG then Rondo, but not better enough to lead the Celtics past Miami to the finals. If I were the Celtics, I would consider other moves before swapping a very good PG for a great PG.

Killakobe81
As for the Hornets if they can pair Rondo with a good shooter and athletic guys to fill the lane that is not HORRIBLE deal, but they could do better. TBH, with the shape of Paul's knees HOrnets should deal quick he gets hurt they lose leverage. Most folks remember Paul torching Fisher ...not his uneven regular season ....

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Rondo is overrated IMO. Of course Boston would do this trade. It's not a terrible thing for Paul, but Rondo isn't on his level.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Paul would not suddenly make the Celtics immediate championship contenders. Yeah, Paul is a far better PG then Rondo, but not better enough to lead the Celtics to the finals past Miami. If I wee Celtics, I would consider other moves before swapping a very good PG for a great PG.

Is he better than Rondo? Yes. That's all that matters now. The Celtics are on a ticking clock... a team with only Rondo left isn't going to compete anyways. Paul's jumper can open things up for other guys, and while his D isn't as strong, the other guys behind him should be enough (assuming we don't rely on 40 year old centers).

I'd of course rather have a decent C, but if you can upgrade in an area, you take that shot.

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 11:03 PM
As for the Hornets if they can pair Rondo with a good shooter and athletic guys to fill the lane that is not HORRIBLE deal, but they could do better. TBH, with the shape of Paul's knees HOrnets should deal quick he gets hurt they lose leverage. Most folks remember Paul torching Fisher ...not his uneven regular season ....

If that is true, a trade for Dwight for yall is screwed because people remember Bynum being injured and getting tore up against the Mavs.

I don't think that Paul's injuries will factor into things all that much.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
I was referring to Dwight per Kools statement.

:lol Sorry, I've tried avoiding Kool's dumbness.

JayTheClown
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
LnGrrrR;5485923]Is he better than Rondo? Yes. That's all that matters now. The Celtics are on a ticking clock... a team with only Rondo left isn't going to compete anyways. Paul's jumper can open things up for other guys, and while his D isn't as strong, the other guys behind him should be enough (assuming we don't rely on 40 year old centers).

I'd of course rather have a decent C, but if you can upgrade in an area, you take that shot.

I see your point, but Garnet, Paul and Allen will still be old. Celtics will still have no decent C (tho of course that may change).
So far, what shot?
Rondo is a fine player. He is not the reason the Celtics did not advance to the finals last year.

Nathan89
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
This would be a huge trade for Celtics. They still would need a defensive center to be complete. Without knowing who the center is I can't say they would be the Heat. I really like what the 1-4 bring on offense and defense. They wouldn't need much at the 5.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 11:14 PM
If that is true, a trade for Dwight for yall is screwed because people remember Bynum being injured and getting tore up against the Mavs.

I don't think that Paul's injuries will factor into things all that much.

Bynum's value is ALL tied to potential...

Paul is not gonna get better in many ways ... he can become even more efficient (he already is) and be more aggressive as a scorer ... but his knees are a risk (not that Bynum's aren't)
Of course he still has tremedous value and STILL will at season's end ...but just saying his value is highest RIGHT now. He is coming off a scintilating playoff and the Knicks interest drives up his value even more. the closer he gets to the end of this abbreviated season the LESS leverage the Hornets have.

Nathan89
11-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I see your point, but Garnet, Paul and Allen will still be old. Celtics will still have no decent C (tho of course that may change).
So far, what shot?
Rondo is a fine player. He is not the reason the Celtics did not advance to the finals last year.

Perhaps but Paul is better than Rondo. Thus, he can be the reason they do go to the finals.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 11:22 PM
So far, what shot?

If we could trade for a decent C, we'd then be screwed at PG. Either way, there's bound to be a hole. I'm fine for upgrading our PG while still having a relative unknown at C.

Is anyone willing to trade a decent C for Rondo? I haven't seen any offers.

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Different type PG's ...

Rondo I think is the more dynamic athlete and he makes plays due to his length athleticism and speed that Paul can not. But Paul would have such a positive influence on that offense. he would get them even more easy buckets ...and the thing is Rondo did a great job of running the team but Paul's vision is even better and he is a better threat on offense so teams can not play 2 feet off and hedge on Allen & Pierce.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 11:24 PM
he is a better threat on offense so teams can not play 2 feet off and hedge on Allen & Pierce.

This. Right now, defenders can sag off on Rondo as long as they don't leave a hole open for him to slash through. (Leaving Rondo open tends to give him great looks to distribute, but still.)

No way you can sag off on Paul.

Pelicans78
11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
I dont blame you Lngrr. Even though I think rondo is the better defender (paul is good defensively but people overrate him because of the steals and rebounds).

Until Rondo develops a jumper he is not in CP3's class as a PG ...

Paul's very good defensively. He's improved alot man-to-man the last few seasons. He still gets steals and rebounds, but he's a tough on the ball defender now since he's bulked up, unlike that fat slot D-Will who gets worse every season.

mavs>spurs
11-29-2011, 11:28 PM
cp3 on the celtics would be deadly for the reasons killa mentioned..but the big question is how long will kg pierce and allen hold up? those 3 are starting to become ancient..if PP can't continue to be a solid #1 option then it really doesn't matter if they get CP3 or not, every team has to have a #1 guy to go to in the clutch.

Mel_13
11-29-2011, 11:37 PM
ESPN:

After last season's playoffs, the Celtics offered Rondo and Jeff Green to Oklahoma City for Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Perkins, sources have told Broussard. The Celtics, looking for another scorer who can create his own offense, thought Westbrook might be available after his erractic postseason play. But Oklahoma was not interested in the deal.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7296934/sources-boston-celtics-deal-rajon-rondo-land-chris-paul

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 11:37 PM
cp3 on the celtics would be deadly for the reasons killa mentioned..but the big question is how long will kg pierce and allen hold up? those 3 are starting to become ancient..if PP can't continue to be a solid #1 option then it really doesn't matter if they get CP3 or not, every team has to have a #1 guy to go to in the clutch.

Fair points as well ...

Let me say this, I HATEd the Perkins/Green trade. But i must applaud ainge. He is doing EVERYTHING to pry that closing window open. I hate to say it because I hated the prick almost as much as cornbread Maxwell, Mahorn, or Laimbeer ...but he has become a savy risk taking GM.

LnGrrrR
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
ESPN:

After last season's playoffs, the Celtics offered Rondo and Jeff Green to Oklahoma City for Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Perkins, sources have told Broussard. The Celtics, looking for another scorer who can create his own offense, thought Westbrook might be available after his erractic postseason play. But Oklahoma was not interested in the deal.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7296934/sources-boston-celtics-deal-rajon-rondo-land-chris-paul

Blah! That would be a horrible deal. I'd rather have Rondo than Westbrook. Westbrook ballhogs with Durant... pretty sure he'd do the same with the Big 3.

Pelicans78
11-29-2011, 11:48 PM
OKC's front office loves Westbrook even if the coach and Durant can't stand him.

Nathan89
11-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Blah! That would be a horrible deal. I'd rather have Rondo than Westbrook. Westbrook ballhogs with Durant... pretty sure he'd do the same with the Big 3.

The vets on the Celtics might be able to check Westbrook. You get a center back in this deal which is a plus but Perkins didn't look that great last season. I wouldn't be to happy about getting him. I think the Celtics want a pg that can shoot/score better than Rondo while still bringing athleticism. Should help the offensive flow.

DPG21920
11-30-2011, 12:00 AM

:lol Are you serious. As much as I'm not high on both of the PG's (not that I don't like them, but I think they are both overrated some), that would have been a steal for you guys.

LnGrrrR
11-30-2011, 12:32 AM
:lol Are you serious. As much as I'm not high on both of the PG's (not that I don't like them, but I think they are both overrated some), that would have been a steal for you guys.

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook's game. The emotional appeal of Rondo playing for our team + Rondo's actual ability >>>> emotional appeal of rooting for Westbrook.

rayjayjohnson
11-30-2011, 03:52 AM

No way will the clips trade Blake

rayjayjohnson
11-30-2011, 03:53 AM
If I'm rondo I'm feeling pretty disheartened right now with all this trade chatter

mindcrime
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
If I'm rondo I'm feeling pretty disheartened right now with all this trade chatter

Especially since he probably hasn't recovered yet from the Perkins deal.

Spur_Fanatic
11-30-2011, 03:17 PM
HOw's this good for the Lakers, Kool?

Koolaid_Man
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
HOw's this good for the Lakers, Kool?

it's a smoke screen...but if it is true it forces Dr. Buss to not dick around on getting Dwight...

I think I will be jaded if we don't get Dwight...:lol

nkdlunch
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
this is pretty much the only solution that would make Celtics contenders. They are probably moving earth and sea to make this happen.

Koolaid_Man
11-30-2011, 05:28 PM
this is pretty much the only solution that would make Celtics contenders. They are probably moving earth and sea to make this happen.

well so much for that...Paul tells Celtics to fuck off:

Paul Uninterested In Signing Extension With Celtics

Nov 30, 2011 11:03 AM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Paul_Chris_noh_110310.jpg
Chris Paul is not interested in signing an extension with the Celtics, according to a source close to the situation.
Boston has been mentioned as a team that is angling to execute a trade for Paul.
Chris Broussard has reported on Monday that Paul's preference is to end up with the Knicks and that he would also consider the Clippers.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/216863/Paul_Uninterested_In_Signing_Extension_With_Celtic s#ixzz1fELJeZak

LkrFan
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
RIP to the Celtic scum for another 2 decades if you ask me. First Barack clowned Rhonda and put her in a funk. Now Ainge is publicly saying that CP3 gives them a better chance to win than Rhonda.

That's not going to sit well with her. Besides, I'd take Rhonda over CP3 if I were the Celtics anyway. Rhonda can dish but unlike CP3 she can play defense as well.

Anyway, the last rang before 2008 was '86. Here's to them sucking ass for another 22 years. Ainge's cheap ass got rid of Perk (young player) and now he is trying to get rid of Rhonda (young player) for a PG with a bad knee. Awesome. :toast