PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Train

Spurminator
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
As someone born in 1979, I'm pretty sure the first time I ever heard "Crazy Train" was around 1992 when I started listening to hard rock/metal stations. And that's the only place I ever heard it. Now it's on car commercials and it's pretty much a staple at any sporting event.

For those of you who were around and listening to rock stations in 1980, was "Crazy Train" a big mainstream hit? Is it more popular now that it was when it came out?

cantthinkofanything
11-30-2011, 12:17 PM
As someone born in 1979, I'm pretty sure the first time I ever heard "Crazy Train" was around 1992 when I started listening to hard rock/metal stations. And that's the only place I ever heard it. Now it's on car commercials and it's pretty much a staple at any sporting event.

For those of you who were around and listening to rock stations in 1980, was "Crazy Train" a big mainstream hit? Is it more popular now that it was when it came out?

It's always been an Ozzy staple. But it seemed like it got big again when they rereleased it on a Randy Rhodes tribute album with a video to go along with it.

RandomGuy
11-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Hell, it is in some kids movie. My 8 and 5 year old won't let me change the radio station from it when it comes up on the radio.

I liked it the first 2,000,000 times I heard it. :vomit:

Kyle Orton
11-30-2011, 01:13 PM
It's alright but nothing special tbh, that commercial with the kids in the car is annoying as fuck though

JoeChalupa
11-30-2011, 01:16 PM
I remember when that album came out and all the buzz about Randy Rhoads and Ozzy always has great guitarists.

DeadlyDynasty
11-30-2011, 04:25 PM
It's alright but nothing special tbh, that commercial with the kids in the car is annoying as fuck though

I do kinda like how they squeeze the token black kid into the commercial.