PDA

View Full Version : A&M Official Should Be Promoted, Not Reprimanded

FoxPerez
11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted at PlaymakerOnline.com (http://bit.ly/sPkhtQ):

I don’t often post on message boards unless I’m way off on how a particular fan base is taking a bit of news and want to know what the reasons for their reactions are. They can be fun though, especially when you want to anonymously slam someone. (ed note: our favorite message board is SpursTalk.com) But that’s the idea, to keep it anonymous. One Texas A&M official forgot to do just that.

Jeff Toole, the Aggies’ chief financial officer, called Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin a “putz” and a “hopelessly underqualified puppet” on TexAgs, a popular Aggies message board not realizing that a person’s profile on message boards provides a history on every post and every thread that person has commented on. Someone went back and did the research to find out that the man calling Loftin names had outed himself as an A&M official in the past.

Toole, it seems, is one of the few guys that never liked the moves that Bowen was making in shifting A&M from the Big 12 to the SEC and was never that impressed with football head coach Mike Sherman based on his message board history. While he’s being disciplined by the university from calling the president names, he should also be heralded as the smartest guy on campus because everything that A&M has done this season seems to be backfiring. Sherman led the Aggies to a 6-6 record and now the team is headed for an SEC division that just featured the top three teams in the country, probably without Sherman.

Based on his opinions of the athletic program and the football team and the way everything has played out, Toole should be getting promoted, not reprimaded. I’d be having him make all the important decisions from the athletic program from now on.

The Reckoning
11-30-2011, 04:23 PM
cool story, mccloud

Blake
11-30-2011, 04:53 PM
he might be the smartest guy on campus.

he's still a dumbfuck and should be fired, imo.

Sisk
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
He should be promoted because he disliked the Sherman hire? And because he insulted his bosses boss?

Your articles suck.