PDA

View Full Version : Would you want your team to take a chance on Brandon Roy?

djohn2oo8
12-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Reports: Blazers G Brandon Roy Expected Out Via Amnesty Clause

John Canzano of The Oregonian reports that Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen and his adviser Bert Kolde are expected to use the Amnesty Clause on guard Brandon Roy.
-----------------------
"Brandon's out," a league executive told me Monday. "Don't know the exact details, but everyone around the league knows it's way, way done. Paul and Bert (Kolde) are calling the shots on this one."
I join the faction of Blazers front-office employees who believe Allen should take a longer look at Roy before making any move regarding his future. And so here's hoping Allen will reconsider.
-----------------------

Update: Katy Brown of KATU.com has a similar report...
-----------------------
The Portland Trail Blazers are reportedly planning to part ways with Brandon Roy. An NBA league source told KATU’s Katy Brown that Roy has likely played his last game in a Blazers uniform and the word is out around the league that Roy will soon be on the market. The team plans to waive Roy under the "amnesty clause" that is part of the new NBA labor agreement, which is expected to be passed later this week.

A league executive from another NBA team told Brown the decision came straight from Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen.
http://www.blazersedge.com/2011/11/28/2595125/life-without-brandon-roy

mavs>spurs
12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Only for a small amount of money coming
Off the bench.

JayTheClown
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
^I guess what he said above

hater
12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
unfortunately even then. No. Brandon is a prima donna who would bitch for minutes and be a cancer.

so no. not even for the min.

mavs>spurs
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
unfortunately even then. No. Brandon is a prima donna who would bitch for minutes and be a cancer.

so no. not even for the min.

Dude still singlehandedly beat the champs in a playoff game though.

lefty
12-01-2011, 02:18 PM
An injury prone perimeter player?

SUre

DJB
12-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Maybe for a few bean n' cheese tacos.

lil_penny
12-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Im hoping portland gives him another year before they would cut him. Hes done too much for this organization. Its not like theres anyone out there to get if we got rid of him anyways