PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul wants to be traded to NY

djohn2oo8
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources with @SpearsNBAYahoo: Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets that star won't sign deal, wants to play in NY. tinyurl.com/6pzgm2n

djohn2oo8
12-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Chris Paul’s (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3930/) agent informed New Orleans officials on Wednesday that his client will not sign a contract extension and wants to be traded to the New York Knicks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

More From Yahoo! Sports Staff

As soon as the NBA lifts its lockout restrictions, Hornets general manager Dell Demps wants to meet with Paul and hear that directive from him.
Nevertheless, the prospects of the Hornets executing a trade with the Knicks appear to be relatively dim.

The Knicks simply don’t have the trade assets that come close to meeting New Orleans’ criteria for a deal. Demps has been listening to overtures from teams around the league, and has been actively working under the assumption that Paul would reject a contract extension.

The Hornets have no intention of letting Paul walk away at season’s end without trying to get maximum value for him. There are several teams, including the Boston Celtics (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/bos/), that could be willing to make a deal for Paul with the hope of convincing him to eventually sign an extension.
[ Video: Nene looks to be on his way out in Denver (http://yhoo.it/s37fmi) ]

The Hornets will be motivated to make a deal as soon as possible for Paul, and aren’t completely determined to get a point guard in return for him, sources said. They’re willing to play Jarrett Jack (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3948/) as the starter for the rest of the season, and mostly want to gather the best possible package of overall talent and draft picks.

Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/orl/) center Dwight Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818/) recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together, sources told Yahoo! Sports. That would be a difficult scenario for the Knicks to make happen. Paul’s desire to join the Knicks was cemented after he spent so much time in New York over the summer with close friend, Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706/).

If Paul were to opt out of the final year of his contract and become a free agent after this season, he could sign a maximum four-year, $74 million deal with another team. The Knicks currently would have enough salary-cap room to offer him a four-year, $55.5 million contract with a starting salary of $13 million

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-01-2011, 02:49 PM
There's really no way NY can pull off this trade. They gave up everything to get Melo. And New Orleans isn't going to settle for Paul leaving, so he'll just end up somewhere else (Clippers, Magic, Celtics).

lefty
12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
CROFL BRHornet

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-01-2011, 02:54 PM
It'll just end up being another Deron Williams situation. Just get rid of him while you can to get some sort of assets. Meanwhile, Paull will just ride out the year with which ever team he's on, then leave for NY.

Killakobe81
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
It'll just end up being another Deron Williams situation. Just get rid of him while you can to get some sort of assets. Meanwhile, Paull will just ride out the year with which ever team he's on, then leave for NY.

Well If true, curous if anyone will take that gamble. Makes no sense for Mavs they are the defending champs and only some lower level teams have anything to offer ..

Paul melo and Amare will be a nightmare on offense if it ever happens ...

Defensively not a one of them could do anything against the Heat's big 2.5 ....

Killakobe81
12-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I see hornet fans lurking answer me this ...

1. what is fair ..
2. what is pipe dream
3. and what do you think you guys will get for CP3?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Well If true, curous if anyone will take that gamble. Makes no sense for Mavs they are the defending champs and only some lower level teams have anything to offer ..

Paul melo and Amare will be a nightmare on offense if it ever happens ...

Defensively not a one of them could do anything against the Heat's big 2.5 ....

I could definitely see Boston, Clippers, and Magic doing it. Boston to stay relevant for at least one more year, and Clippers and Magic doing all they can to retain Dwight and Blake. I can see it working for the latter two. IMO, whichever team ends up surrounding Dwight or Blake with other all-stars will be the most dominant trio in the league. Problem is, it may take awhile to get that third player.

DJ Mbenga
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
they need a 3 team trade. billups contract is a nice asset but maybe have a team take his contract for pics or something. gonna be hard. NO will just tank and let him rot till he opts out.

JamStone
12-01-2011, 03:22 PM
No shit. Such breaking news.

DMC
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Chris has made no secret of his desire to play with either Lebron and Wade or with Melo. The James move got him riled. They talked about this during the Olympics, and they are trying to make it happen.

djohn2oo8
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Even if NY had the pieces, I would just wait it out and have the choice between D-Will and CP3.

BevoMav
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
These young guys are punks. They don't want to make a team better, they want to go somewhere to make it easier. This is why they should have blown the damn thing up and let whiny bastards play in China.

baseline bum
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Billups and Tony Douglas for CP3. Maybe Stern would settle for Billups and Derrick Brown.

baseline bum
12-01-2011, 03:44 PM
These young guys are punks. They don't want to make a team better, they want to go somewhere to make it easier. This is why they should have blown the damn thing up and let whiny bastards play in China.

LOL. For years all I heard was about how NBA players are greedy and just want to get paid; winning be damned. Now good players are trying to team up to win (and taking slightly less money for it) and fans are still bitching.

DMC
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
The league is so diluted in terms of talent that it's a joke. There are enough talented players to have 20 teams with decent benches, the rest should be fired and the franchises dissolved.

Trill Clinton
12-01-2011, 03:56 PM
At the end of last season my source said don't be surprised if I see CP3 in a OKC Thunder uniform next season. I doubt that happens.

picc84
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
If NO cares about cap space, they can let CP expire or trade him for Billups + Douglas who both expire this year and get the same amount.

If they want players, they are going to have to hope another team can convince Paul to sign an extension. And with Melo and Amare whispering sweet nothings in his ear all day thats probably not happening.

Players win this round unless Stern can execute some order 666 shit.

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Jamal on the corner is not a source. CP3 to OKC is asinine.

DPG21920
12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
I read as well that it was a possibility but that OKC is resisting trading Westbrook.

NewcastleKEG
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Not happening. The league owns the Hornets so this would be a huge slap in the face of the whole ''small market'' stuff & Knicks have no one to offer.

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
^
Welshing faggot

Obstructed_View
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Zomg Chris Paul wants to be a Knick? I never heard this for the last, oh, two years.

Trill Clinton
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
:lol I thought so too but he worked out for the Hornets last year and it was a rumor he heard while he was there.

lefty
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM
The NBA Hornets are gonna send CP3 to the Lakers

djohn2oo8
12-01-2011, 06:15 PM
The NBA Hornets are gonna send CP3 to the Lakers

BR would have a stroke.

lefty
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Lol

Huey Freeman
12-01-2011, 06:24 PM
There is nothing the Knicks can ever do to win my fandom back. That being said, CP3 in that back court will finally put that franchise to contention level.

DPG21920
12-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Sons, Captain West wants out badly as well.

Pelicans78
12-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I see hornet fans lurking answer me this ...

1. what is fair ..
2. what is pipe dream
3. and what do you think you guys will get for CP3?

Doesn't matter. Either way, the franchise will be set back for a few years. Equal value is a pipe dream, meaning CP3 for another All-Star.

But, maybe in 3-4 years the team will be back in the playoffs.

Pelicans78
12-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Sad part is the Knicks don't even need CP3 to contend. They're better off going after a center like Chandler and they will be in contention.

benefactor
12-01-2011, 07:50 PM
To be fair...Trill Clinton has broken news before that wound up being true. Can't remember exactly what but it has happened.

crc21209
12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Paul and the Knicks are going to have to wait till the off-season. I don't see how he would end up in NY via trade. I mean they gave up half their team just to get Melo....:lol Are they planning on running 3 on 5 out there every night with Paul, Anthony, and Stoudemire?

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Sad part is the Knicks don't even need CP3 to contend. They're better off going after a center like Chandler and they will be in contention.

D'antoni's system is shit without a competent pg

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2011, 12:43 AM
i think if they cant get pieces for cp3

imo just trade him to whichever team for pieces, and then let the other deal with him

NRHector
12-02-2011, 12:50 AM
If Chris Paul goes to NY the Hornets will move somewhere else, But Stern won't let that happen

Spur_Fanatic
12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
But but but Kool said he was going to be a Laker...