PDA

View Full Version : Weeks away from the season & Lakers still have the same shitty roster

NewcastleKEG
12-01-2011, 05:07 PM
:lol

A whole off season of dreaming about Howard/Paul and you have nothing to show for it but a declining roster.

Lakers = 5th seed in the Eastern Conference & 1st Round Exit

Kyle Orton
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
0/10

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Cool story, welsher

NewcastleKEG
12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Lol Snoozer.
Is Jerry West GM of any teams in the league? Get him on the phone, he can throw you another ridiculous trade offer

NewcastleKEG
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
You dont need Logo when you got 5 billion in chips to play with. Eat a dick, nlgga.
No more Phil = No more Game 7 of the 2010 Finals or 2002 WCF frauds

Kobe will continue to decline but continue to demand the basketball. No elite player in his prime wants to deal with that kind of crap

So your stuck signing over the hill vets OR inexperienced youngsters looking for a ring

Either way. Kobe finishes his career with 1.5 rings

Killakobe81
12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Newcastle still butthurt after the rimjob Lebron gave him in the ECF ... :fro

Obstructed_View
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I guess non Laker fans can be glad for the moment. The recent trend of top-shelf talent managing to find a way to big markets started years ago in LA, and they're the best at attracting free agents without trying, so they're probably not likely to be down for long. It's almost comical to even use the word "down" to describe a team that has Gasol, Kobe and Bynum on it. It might actually be a good idea to, I don't know, wait until the free agency period starts before putting dirt on the Lakers.

DeadlyDynasty
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Newcastle still butthurt after the rimjob Lebron gave him in the ECF ... :fro

Indeed, his ass is still hemorrhaging.

lefty
12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I would geek out if the Spurs had that roster

crc21209
12-01-2011, 07:56 PM
They also downgraded at the coaching position...:tu :lol

NRHector
12-01-2011, 08:01 PM
No more Phil = No more Game 7 of the 2010 Finals or 2002 WCF frauds

Kobe will continue to decline but continue to demand the basketball. No elite player in his prime wants to deal with that kind of crap

So your stuck signing over the hill vets OR inexperienced youngsters looking for a ring

Either way. Kobe finishes his career with 1.5 rings

:lol

Deuce Bigalow
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Cool story bro

Stalin
12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
:lol mike brown is a championship coach

cobbler
12-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Brown will be just fine. The Lakers lacked focus on defense and that is he strong point. Just sit back and watch 17* become a reality!

NRHector
12-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Brown will be just fine. The Lakers lacked focus on defense and that is he strong point. Just sit back and watch 17* become a reality!

and that's where the problems begin, disagreements, Kobe wants offense and Brown wants defense.

cobbler
12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
and that's where the problems begin, disagreements, Kobe wants offense and Brown wants defense.

I guess we shall see. I'm guessing you didn't see all the interviews last season where Kobe said it all depends on how they play D? Of course it could have just been talk but I think he knows what's what. I am looking forward to seeing the changes in the team. PJ was never known to put too much effort into the D.

ElNono
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I guess we shall see. I'm guessing you didn't see all the interviews last season where Kobe said it all depends on how they play D? Of course it could have just been talk but I think he knows what's what. I am looking forward to seeing the changes in the team. PJ was never known to put too much effort into the D.

You kidding, right?

cobbler
12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
You kidding, right?

Not at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2011, 11:20 PM
It's funny Bulls fans still have delusions of grandeur about how close their team is too a championship. Last season was a classic honeymoon season for them with a new coach who re-energized them.

They're still built around a PG and have an offense that consists of D-Rose running around in circles. That'll never win in the playoffs.

lefty
12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
. PJ was never known to put too much effort into the D.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2nlcmye.jpg

ElNono
12-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Not at all.

Then you don't watch much basketball?

He always built strong defensive teams. He never had a problem ripping a new one to whoever was fucking up on D.

cobbler
12-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Then you don't watch much basketball?

He always built strong defensive teams. He never had a problem ripping a new one to whoever was fucking up on D.

I never said he didnt have some strong defensive teams. That was because of the players involved. I said he didnt put too much effort into it. It is well docummented that PJ spent very little time practicing and going over the defense. He often turned that part of the game over to asst coaches and many players over the years have commented on how shocked they were at how little he covers it. Do some research.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I actually agree with Cobbler. PJ never emphasized D himself, he left it up to the players as to how much D they wanted to play. The Kobe and Shaq Lakers were never a great defensive team. The Kobe and Pau Lakers became a great defensive team because Kobe started riding his teammates asses to play D. The Bulls woulda been a great defensive team if I was their coach, PJ had very little to do with a team led by Pippen and MJ playing great defensive.

Banzai
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Just in time for your shitty posts!