PDA

View Full Version : Digital Phone

Duff McCartney
06-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Anybody gotten this yet? I just got it installed today and so far it's pretty good. The only thing I have a problem with is it says private number on the other persons caller ID whenever I call. But other than it's pretty cool. Damn I didn't realize how jacked up my old modem was because they put the new one is making my roadrunner go like three times as fast as it was when I had the old modem.

Anyway so far it's cool...you get free long distance in the US and Canada so that should be cool.

SpursWoman
06-16-2005, 03:10 PM
I used to like having that. It's not available to wireless internet users, is it?

I have a wireless router connected to my "main" PC ... my laptop with the wireless card works fine with it.

Or did you mean away from home?

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Wireless internet would have no effect on it because the router takes effect after anything having to do with the Digital Phone service.

Ballcox
06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Have had the digital phone for about 6 months now, I definitely save money compared to the worthless phone service that we were forced to use before the digital became available. No complaints so far.

respect the 'fro :fro

gay abc
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Anybody gotten this yet? I just got it installed today and so far it's pretty good. The only thing I have a problem with is it says private number on the other persons caller ID whenever I call.

yep - got it about a month ago - works great!! - saves me about $80.00 per month - no more SBC - :elephant

duff - you should be able to call timewarner and have them change the private number caller id thing - when i had mine installed - i was given an option on whether it would show my name or just say private number :spin

tlongII
06-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Anybody gotten this yet? I just got it installed today and so far it's pretty good. The only thing I have a problem with is it says private number on the other persons caller ID whenever I call. But other than it's pretty cool. Damn I didn't realize how jacked up my old modem was because they put the new one is making my roadrunner go like three times as fast as it was when I had the old modem.

Anyway so far it's cool...you get free long distance in the US and Canada so that should be cool.

Dial *82 followed by the number you are calling. That will allow your number to be seen by the recipient.