PDA

View Full Version : Why Bonner might be here for a long, LONG time

objective
12-02-2011, 12:49 AM
One of the great mysteries of life is why the Spurs love Bonner so much, and why do they keep him around? Nobody knows why the Spurs powers that be adore him, they just do.

After all, a minimum salary scrub can spread the floor like he does[n't], something Novak has proven. And the flaws in his game were known back in 07 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1835795&postcount=71)for this supposed Horry replacement.

But I think I came to a frightening conclusion the other night whilst ruminating on Ferry as GM in Cleveland.

I was considering how inexperienced Ferry was when hired by Cleveland, after all, he had only truly been through a single full season/offseason cycle when he was hired to be their GM. So his lack of experience I suspected influenced some of those poor early decisions like Donyell Marshall.

Then I wondered, "Why the hell did Cleveland even want Ferry there? After all, that guy basically wrecked their franchise as a player."

Then it hit me.

Holy crap.

MATT BONNER is being groomed to be the next GM of the Spurs.

It makes perfect sense. This guy is going to be running the Spurs one day.

The unexplainable love affair with him. The repeated stories about how smart he is, his role in the lockout negotiations, his shrewd expertise with the system . . . These are the signs of HIS coming!

His underachieving play hurting the Spurs just like Ferry combined with an unfortunate contract . . . This is the future.

Search your souls, you know I'm right.

Ferry will have moved on by then, and it will all be Matt Bonner. He will be celebrated for being both such a 'cerebral' player' and for being so down to earth that he rides public transportation and eats sandwiches. And he was a champion don't ya know, with a ring to prove it! That means he knows what it takes to win!

Call me crazy, but this will be thread that's bumped in 2015/16/17 when it's all aboard the Red Rocket GM Express!

Dex
12-02-2011, 02:10 AM
:vomit:

ElNono
12-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Doubt it. I think it's just another man-crush like Finley.

DMC
12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Is Bonner an alcoholic?

Fireball
12-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Is Bonner an alcoholic?

Would not go that far, but he definitely must know something about wine.

Seventyniner
12-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Doubt it. I think it's just another man-crush like Finley.

Finley's on sabbatical and will be the head coach under Bonner.