PDA

View Full Version : War on Christmas

George Gervin's Afro
12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Have you heard that there is a war against CHRISTmas in this country?

boutons_deux
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Mission Accomplished: Fox Declares "No More 'War On Christmas'"

mediamatters.org/blog/201111300006?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+(Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair)

bus driver
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
i am on the christmas side

:flipoff the happy holiday bull shit

JoeChalupa
12-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Happy Holidays everyone.

Blake
12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Is Christmas hiding gifts of mass destruction?

Invade, imo.

Wild Cobra
12-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Just the annual war on Christmas, going on for how long now?

EVAY
12-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Happy Holidays everyone.

I grew up hearing 'happy holidays' as a wish for Christmas and New Year's.
It never had any meaning other than that. In fact, wishing someone 'Merry Christmas' was frowned on as it was seen as focusing on the secular side of Christmas rather than the spiritual.

All the rest of this crap is due to people trying to become victimized by something. It's ridiculous.

boutons_deux
12-02-2011, 04:54 PM
War on Christmas

War on Christians

Total lies to rouse the ignorant right-wing rabble

EVAY
12-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I drove through my subdivision today and saw a giant Nativity scene outside on someone's lawn, and on the side of the stable was an American Flag stuck in the ground.

I literally laughed out loud.

baseline bum
12-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I drove through my subdivision today and saw a giant Nativity scene outside on someone's lawn, and on the side of the stable was an American Flag stuck in the ground.

I literally laughed out loud.

Wait, Jesus is an American? So the Mormons were right?

boutons_deux
12-06-2011, 06:49 AM
gun-fetishist, murderous, war-mongering Americans LOVE THOSE WARS!!

Fox's War on the Muppets!

Fox Host Says Muppets Are Brainwashing Children

The Muppets are a bunch of tree-hugging commies who are trying to brainwash Americans children to hate big business.

At least that’s the case according to Fox Business’ Eric Bolling, who has some corners of the Web abuzz this week after he offered a rather critical take of the Muppets’ new movie. The Follow the Money host brought the issue up last week during a segment on his show, during which he interviewed the conservative Media Research Center’s Dan Gainor. The like-minded pair took turns pointing out what they say was the movie’s, in specific, and Hollywood’s, in general, overtly partisan take on the world.

Bolling and Gainor's issues with The Muppets stems from the fact that its plot centers on the heroes' bid to prevent an evil oil tycoon -- with the less-than-nuanced name of Tex Richman -- from tearing down the Muppets’ beloved theater to drill for oil.

That narrative decision, according to Gainor, was the latest example of a Hollywood production unfairly making the oil industry the villain. After name-dropping such films as Syriana and Cars 2, he offered this take on the benefits of carbon-based fuels that he says the movie industry avoids: "None of [the movies] remind people what oil means for most people, which is fuel to light a hospital or heat your home or maybe fuel an ambulance to get you to a hospital if you need that. They don’t want to tell that story."

There’s plenty more from where that came from in the video clip (which Fox News watchdog Media Matters has here), including an attempt to tie what Bolling and Gainor see as Hollywood’s anti-corporate message to the recent Occupy Wall Street movement. (Most of the pull-quotes came from Gainor but, as you'll see in the video, Bolling clearly led the way with his questions and his own comments.)

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/12/05/fox_business_s_eric_boiling_dan_gainor_say_muppets _movie_is_anti_corporate_propaganda.html

George Gervin's Afro
12-06-2011, 08:23 AM
This morning the fox and friends crew was outraged that an elementary school in California wanted to remove Pointsettas ..so much so that the ditzy blonde said that it made her so angry that she may to leave the set..

I'm scurrred CHRISTmas is going to lose this war:depressed

LnGrrrR
12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Just the annual war on Christmas, going on for how long now?

Hm. Has there been legislation demanding that stores say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas?

If not, then the stores are just responding to what the consumer wants.

boutons_deux
12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
As always, Stewart drops a nuke:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/07/stewart-the-founding-fathers-celebrated-christmas-like-a-711-does-today/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Nbadan
12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Political hackery 1 Sensible government 0

WPLG-Ch. 10 is reporting that a state senator wants the winter school break renamed to "Christmas break," even though some oppose the idea.

Sen. Stephen Wise, R-Jacksonville, part of the K-12 Committee in the Florida Senate, this week said that the term "winter break," often used by teachers to describe the school vacation period, bothers him, the station reported.

If his bill passes, the law would take effect July 1 statewide, requiring school districts to call it "Christmas Break," the station said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-...

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 06:31 PM
You don't understand.

IT BOTHERS HIM.

spursncowboys
12-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Merry Christmas all

spursncowboys
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM
http://www.malakoffnews.net/2011/12/08/county-on-nativity-controversy-we-feel-we-are-in-compliance/

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.malakoffnews.net/2011/12/08/county-on-nativity-controversy-we-feel-we-are-in-compliance/So it's a war on the Constitution.

OK.

George Gervin's Afro
12-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Merry Christmas all

Happy Holidays!

ChuckD
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Happy Holidays everyone.

This, because, believe it or not, NOT EVERYONE IS A FUCKING CHRISTIAN, and there are other holidays around this time of year. Some, like Hannukah, have been around longer than Christmas has.

Jacob1983
12-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Congress has to declare war. However, how can you have a war against a holiday?

nacho
12-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Felic Navidad muchachos!!

xrayzebra
12-08-2011, 10:15 PM
So it is a consensus. We cancel Christmas (happy holiday) and everyone
work if it falls on a weekday. And maybe celebrate New Year.

Oh wait, which New Year would we be celebrating and when?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 10:18 PM
work if it falls on a weekday. And maybe celebrate New Year.

Oh wait, which New Year would we be celebrating and when?No one said to cancel Christmas.

Spurminator
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
work if it falls on a weekday.

Yeah, because you only get ever a day off if it's a religious holiday.

xrayzebra
12-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah, because you only get ever a day off if it's a religious holiday.

So cancel all of them, except MLK day. Oh phoeeey, he was a minister.
So we will have to cancel that day too.

But in Texas we will still have Juneteen. Texas Independence day and
a couple of more. Veterans day, hmmmm, okay and Presidents day
so long was Obama is excluded.....:lol Cause we don't which President
he is, he channels so many of them. He has an identity crisis, I think.

Question: Why does he always pick a Republican to channel?

Spurminator
12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
You really seem irritated with the idea of MLK Day and Juneteenth being holidays. Want to expand on that?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 10:38 PM
So cancel all of themAnd make a new one called the Festival of Straw.

Drachen
12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
And make a new one called the Festival of Straw.

Is that the day where Xray tries to make hay out of an unrelated subject?

spursncowboys
12-09-2011, 11:49 AM
This, because, believe it or not, NOT EVERYONE IS A FUCKING CHRISTIAN, and there are other holidays around this time of year. Some, like Hannukah, have been around longer than Christmas has.

I just don't see how merry christmas is christian. it's just a saying.

LnGrrrR
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Pretty much, but obviously some people attach more meaning than "just a saying". I don't care. I also don't understand why atheists get pissed when people pray for them (earnestly, as in "I pray for a good flight for you" instead of "I'll pray for your soul"). If it's coming from a place of concern/love, just take it for what it's meant to be.

In the same vein, that's why I DO take offense to "you're going to Hell"...

Blake
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM

Yet there's so much christian butthurt when an establishment says happy holidays instead.

Wild Cobra
12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Yet there's so much christian butthurt when an establishment says happy holidays instead.
Are you saying you don't know why? It's not because someone says "Happy Holiday" instead of "Merry Christmas." It's because the trend was initiated by those wanting to remove Christian symbolism. I used to be people said "Merry Christmas and happy Holidays" together.

Now My pet peeve on that is the following. Don't expect me to by "holiday presents." If a stores promotional ads don't say "Christmas," I will not shop there.

Blake
12-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you saying you don't know why? It's not because someone says "Happy Holiday" instead of "Merry Christmas."

I've read/heard enough to know that's one of the reasons why.

Not My pet peeve on that is the following.

wut

Don't expect me to by "holiday presents." If a stores promotional ads don't say "Christmas," I will not shop there.

If you really want to stick it to the heathen, you should also only buy from stores that display the fishy symbol.

Wild Cobra
12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Sorry... "Now"... not "not!"

George Gervin's Afro
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know who is winning this war? Fox and Friends were visbily upset today because somet CHISTmas singers were kicked out of a post office somewhere...

Drachen
12-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know who is winning this war? Fox and Friends were visbily upset today because somet CHISTmas singers were kicked out of a post office somewhere...

For control Fox should send a group of people in there to sing some secular songs (they should try keisha or something) from the radio or something at the top of their lungs, then see if they get kicked out.

cheguevara
12-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't know how Fox and friends can support a big fat red communist that shares the wealth

boutons_deux
12-13-2011, 04:34 PM
War on Christmas is a Fox Repug false outrage, a lie, to rouse the rabble that the world is beating up on their precious Baby Jesus. Anger, hate, fear, and ignorance is what Fox Repug network, and Repugs in general, live on.

Blake
12-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't know how Fox and friends can support a big fat red communist that shares the wealth

:lol

TeyshaBlue
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
War on Christmas is a Fox Repug false outrage, a lie, to rouse the rabble that the world is beating up on their precious Baby Jesus. Anger, hate, fear, and ignorance is what Fox Repug network, and Repugs in general, live on.

No, you ignorant hack. It is often a reaction from the religious to having customs and practices that have been historically, tacitly accepted, suddenly questioned and sometimes subsequently removed from what has been their norm.

Its a fairly normal reaction that should be expected tbh.

TeyshaBlue
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
As American society continues its evolution towards more secularlism, you can expect to see this reaction multiplied across other scenarios....as we already have with prayer in school for example.

TeyshaBlue
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Its not that complicated if you have at least a room temprature IQ or are not addicted to thinkprogress.borg.

Wild Cobra
12-14-2011, 03:40 AM
As American society continues its evolution towards more secularlism, you can expect to see this reaction multiplied across other scenarios....as we already have with prayer in school for example.
I agree. The secular are not required to be tolerant of religion, but they demand we be tolerant of them. I wonder if they understand what hypocrisy is?

TeyshaBlue
12-14-2011, 07:33 AM
I agree. The secular are not required to be tolerant of religion, but they demand we be tolerant of them. I wonder if they understand what hypocrisy is?

No, you dont agree since that resembles nothing that I said.

...and "The Secular"?:lmao

ChuckD
12-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Are you saying you don't know why? It's not because someone says "Happy Holiday" instead of "Merry Christmas." It's because the trend was initiated by those wanting to remove Christian symbolism. I used to be people said "Merry Christmas and happy Holidays" together.
What christian symbolism is that? A jolly fat man in a red suit?

Now My pet peeve on that is the following. Don't expect me to by "holiday presents." If a stores promotional ads don't say "Christmas," I will not shop there.
They're just trying to make a buck by increasing their holiday sales to more than just christians. Why do you hate capitalism so much?

Jesus
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Have you all forgotten the real reason for the season? Hello!?!? CHRISTmas!!

Blake
12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Have you all forgotten the real reason for the season? Hello!?!? CHRISTmas!!

You're Jewish

Yonivore
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
You're Jewish
The very first Messianic Jew for Jesus, I believe.

Winehole23
12-14-2011, 03:48 PM
http://jewsforjesus.org/

Nbadan
12-17-2011, 12:18 AM
The war continues..

http://sketchysantas.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/sketchy-santa-fails-the-war-on-christmas-begins.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
12-17-2011, 12:27 AM
We heathens have abandoned the war on Xmas, and have declared a war on Tebow.

George Gervin's Afro
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
The CHRISTians scored a HUGE victory today....