PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: " Zone D is the worst D ever "

lefty
12-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Amen :lol

" The Heat couldnt adjust to the Mavs zone D; I would have loved to play againsy zone defense "

Giuseppe
12-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Only pussies & assholes employ zone defenses.

DMC
12-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Only pussies & assholes employ zone defenses.
And NBA Champions. Zone makes it truly a team game, not 5 one on one games.

Mav-elous Man
12-02-2011, 11:06 PM

My sentiments exactly. The Mavs knew that it wasn't to their advantage to guard one on one so they used multiple guys to guard key players. We can't help it if the Heat and Lakers weren't smart enough or talented enough to figure out how to attack it.

lefty
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM

Fuck the zone

Too many jump shots

Giuseppe
12-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Regardless, it's pussy. & whoever employs it is an asshole.

Monostradamus
12-03-2011, 12:05 AM

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/08/29/mike.brown.looking.have.lakers.play.more.zone.defe nse

Mav-elous Man
12-03-2011, 12:21 AM
http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/08/29/mike.brown.looking.have.lakers.play.more.zone.defe nse

:lmao:lmao:rollin:lmao

DMC
12-03-2011, 12:21 AM
^This is you putting an * on winning, something you preach against here.

Basically "Yeah they won, but they used the zone and that's pussy".

How is it different than "yeah they won, but it was in a shortened season"?

adrienne
12-03-2011, 12:26 AM
http://www.theeyeworks.com/images/uploads/mavs_championship_lessons.jpg

Obstructed_View
12-03-2011, 12:43 AM
What Barkley was saying is that it's the easiest defense to take advantage of if you don't suck. Might need to ask someone to do the math for you on that, Laker fans.

DJ Mbenga
12-03-2011, 01:28 AM
it is true zones have basically won the titles lately. the mavs were just a team that flat out wen to a zone you could see easily the cowardly ones of the college basketball. the other champs employed disguised man to man zones. but its tough if you get rid of it then its one on one basketball when like jordan never had to face that defense and could get to the rim easily. in 08 kg just roamed all day. the lakers just cut the strong side down forced everything to the corners. mavs just sat back and dared teams to shoot.

Kyle Orton
12-03-2011, 01:48 AM
So it's Dallas fault that the Lakers, Thunder, and Heat were too fuckin stupid to break a zone or too shitty to make open shots that zones leave? Lakers with all their size couldn't even crack it and that's pathetic tbh. I'm not fan of zone being used extensively because it has flaws but you can't diminish Dallas because they relied on it. Last I checked, Jason Terry, JJB, Peja, Kidd to some extent, and Dirk were either shitty or subpar defenders.

Rick did what he had to do to give his team the best chance to win and that was employ a matchup zone defense. He knew the team was weak one on one and tried to hide it. No one could expose it.

Axe Murderer
12-03-2011, 02:38 AM
sons you can't blame the Mavs for taking advantage of all the simple minded athletic monkeys on the Thunder/Heat who think the best way to break down a zone is chuck up a 30 footer or barrel into the lane, throwing up a wild shot and hoping for free throws

Obstructed_View
12-03-2011, 03:05 AM
So basically if the Mavs hadn't resorted to that pussy ass defense the Lakers might have won a game.

Giuseppe
12-03-2011, 05:42 AM
^This is you putting an * on winning, something you preach against here.

Basically "Yeah they won, but they used the zone and that's pussy".

How is it different than "yeah they won, but it was in a shortened season"?

That is your computation. Not mine.

Only pussies & assholes employ zone.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2011, 09:38 AM
sons you can't blame the Mavs for taking advantage of all the simple minded athletic monkeys on the Thunder/Heat who think the best way to break down a zone is chuck up a 30 footer or barrel into the lane, throwing up a wild shot and hoping for free throws
Exactly, they used it when it was smart to use but still had a good man D when they needed to. I think game 4 was the one game against the Lakers where they used it at all, the first games they stayed almost completely in man because they knew LA would bust the zone once they saw it enough times. The year before the Suns used it as a gimmicky way to win two games against LA but LA caught on after awhile and knew the Suns' man D was too shitty to be used.

The Thunder and Heat, as Axe Murderer has said, both have an offense that's nothing but a different monkey going 1 on 5 every time down the court. A zone defense was tailor-made to stop that kind of offense.

More often than not though zone defenses suck (college or pros), the Mavs were the fluke scenario. Almost every team that uses a zone underachieves when it matters, and more often than not teams use zone because the players are too stupid/lazy/physically inferior to play man D. The Mavs were a great defensive team when they were in man or zone.

Monostradamus
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
That is your computation. Not mine.

Only pussies & assholes employ zone.

You've no room, 'eppe. The Lakers are zonin' this season.

Giuseppe
12-03-2011, 11:37 AM
You've no room, 'eppe. The Lakers are zonin' this season.

And when they do I'll be a pussy & an asshole.

I bear my crosses in public. & everyone will follow suit.

DMC
12-03-2011, 11:53 AM

Then put "Zone Pussy" under your name.

pass1st
12-03-2011, 12:02 PM

Will you quote yourself when they start zoning, Curly?

nowhereman523
12-03-2011, 12:27 PM
122-86

Obstructed_View
12-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I think Jordan would have probably scored 80 on a zone defense.

pass1st
12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I think Jordan would have probably scored 80 on a zone defense.

Pistons did zone on him kinda.

Killakobe81
12-03-2011, 10:22 PM
So basically if the Mavs hadn't resorted to that pussy ass defense the Lakers might have won a game.

We did not have the shooters to make them pay. You guys did but unfortunately yal got upset before you could bust the zones with your league best 3 point shooting.

Obstructed_View
12-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Pistons did zone on him kinda.

Since zone was illegal back then, I kinda doubt it. Unless we're referring to slamming him to the ground every time he goes to the rim as "zone".

Obstructed_View
12-03-2011, 10:26 PM
We did not have the shooters to make them pay. You guys did but unfortunately yal got upset before you could bust the zones with your league best 3 point shooting.

Yeah, from the Grizzlies playing that pussy ass inside game with their bigs.

Killakobe81
12-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, from the Grizzlies playing that pussy ass inside game with their bigs.

dont know if you are being a smart ass, but honestly your offense was better suited to matchup with the Mavs than the Grizz. Your front-line featured a HOF'er whose best days are past, a midget with no knee cartilage, a foreign import in his first year who did not play key minutes, and jump shooting slow-footed whiteboy. No way you could match Memphis ... You matched up better with Dallas, IMHO though Dirk would of killed you guys even worse than he did us ...but my guess is you guys do much better against JJB than we did ...

Obstructed_View
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Yes, I was just being a smart ass. The Grizzlies matched up perfectly with the Spurs, but even if they'd gotten past Memphis they were likely to be outsized by just about all the front lines in the west.