PDA

View Full Version : X&Y

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Has anyone else given the new Coldplay a spin? I was a huge fan of Parchutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head, but this album has me really really bored. I have only given it one spin and I'm hoping it grows on me, but there is not a single song that jumps out at me the way Shiver or Clocks did. And there is simply nothing new about the album with the exception of 2 or 3 songs where they added strings.

I was pretty disapointed.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-16-2005, 03:22 PM
parachutes was in my opinion coldplays best cd, on X and Y I like the song fix you, and speed of sound is a pretty good song, other than that I'm hoping the rest of the cd grows on me too.

Duff McCartney
06-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Fix You is good but I have heard that the album is pretty boring. I guess Oasis is still the better band.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, Radiohead is better than both them or Oasis, and they get compared to Radiohead more than Oasis. In fact, that may be the first Oasis comparison I've ever read.

MiNuS
06-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Has anyone else given the new Coldplay a spin? I was a huge fan of Parchutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head, but this album has me really really bored. I have only given it one spin and I'm hoping it grows on me, but there is not a single song that jumps out at me the way Shiver or Clocks did. And there is simply nothing new about the album with the exception of 2 or 3 songs where they added strings.

I was pretty disapointed.

"Speed of light" is a nice song. It has the same tempo that "Clocks" has. Not the same though.

I like "Rush" best of their productions. It could be compared to Creeds "Human Clay" as far as having the most hits.Parachutes
had "Yellow" as the only song that I liked."Speed" IMO is alot better
than "Yellow".

I am very dissapointed with todays music. It might be than I am 32 and for some reason wish that more melodic music came back (80's).Less pop and more rock. I don't like the heavy tasteless grunge from the 90's.

Coldplay is still one of the better "melodic" rock groups out there.

Duff McCartney
06-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Well, Radiohead is better than both them or Oasis, and they get compared to Radiohead more than Oasis. In fact, that may be the first Oasis comparison I've ever read.

I don't think Radiohead is better than Oasis. But that's just me. I find Radiohead to be boring.

I'm not comparing Coldplay to Oasis, I'm just saying Oasis is better.

SpursFanDan
06-16-2005, 03:50 PM
really, the only good songs are the first few on the album, and then they just get kind of Experiemental. I was pretty dissapointed also, I guess this new sound by the bravery and the killers is gonna take over, and that sucks because now there are alot of local bands and bands from wisconsin and nebraska that have albums like the killers and the bravery trying to sound english. its sad

Spurminator
Coldplay pretty much wore on me. They had an interesting sound at the time of their peak, but I think it's grown a bit stale. Groups like that need to continually evolve their sound to stay fresh.

SpursFanDan
and radiohead owns oasis... early days , and today.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm not comparing Coldplay to Oasis, I'm just saying Oasis is better.
Good to know Jim's money is going to good use. :lmao

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Coldplay pretty much wore on me. They had an interesting sound at the time of their peak, but I think it's grown a bit stale. Groups like that need to continually evolve their sound to stay fresh.
Yeah, thats what Jess and I talked about while listening to it. They haven't changed jack, and it's gotten old and tired.

T Park
06-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Well I mean how smart could the guy be, he named his kid Apple.

Nothing to do with music, I just am still stunned a family would name their kid after a fruit.

That being said, Coldplay always sounds depressed in their songs, so Ive always been, eh they are cool I guess.

MiNuS
06-16-2005, 04:50 PM
the Coldplay song that comes to mind when seeing the Spurs playing the Pistons definitely is "Scientist" the part where it says "Nobody said it was easy".

depressing but melodic as most English bands are.

MannyIsGod
06-16-2005, 04:55 PM
I actually like the name Apple.

T Park
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
depressing but melodic as most English bands are

the weather in England will do that to ya haha.

SpursFanDan
06-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Apple for a Kid?.. poor kid, hes gonna get the shit teased out of him, who cares who his parents are, hes going to have a horrible child hood. Might as well of named him Chinese candy, or Pussy willow.