PDA

View Full Version : Marca's greatest starting 11

lefty
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
No Garrincha in the starting 11? :lmao

Platini substitute :lol

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/11/futbol/1321011859.html?a=563f1dff04dd9fe9802d76a5e903c63e&t=1323040326

Libri
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Was Garrincha better than Pele?

DAF86
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Who would Platini replace in this line-up? Maybe Zidane, all the others from attacking miedfield onwards are more deserving than Michel, imo.

DAF86
12-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I would have liked to see a mention of Daniel Pasarella, one of if not the top scoring defender in the history of football (I couldn't find the info but I know it has to be between him and Ronald Koeman), winner of two World cups with Argentina and many other titles in club play.

ElNono
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Who would Platini replace in this line-up?

Xavi

ElNono
12-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Not sold on Maldini either, tbh

DAF86
12-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Xavi

Then you would have all attacking miedfielders, I know Xavi is kind of an attacking miedfielder nowadays but originally he's more of a mixed miedfielder.

ElNono
12-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Then you would have all attacking miedfielders, I know Xavi is kind of an attacking miedfielder nowadays but originally he's more of a mixed miedfielder.

The formation is kinda bullshit anyways, with 3 defenders...

ogait
12-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Xavi in that starting 11 is just a joke.

DAF86
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Best player of the Spain winner of the Euro and World cup and second best (some might even argue that he is the best) player of this record setting Barca that is arguably the best team ever.

Xavi's place in this team isn't a joke, at worst is debatable.

FkLA
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I think Xavi being the best player for Spain is debatable. Its not like he carried that Spanish team like say Zidane did for France in 98'...this Spanish team is just incredibly well balanced. They arguably have the top goalie, defenders, and mids in the world along with a Top 3-5 striker. As for Barca, anyone that says hes the best player on the team is a dumbass.

Great player but I agree that having him in an all-time list is a bit of a stretch, isnt Marca a spanish magazine ?

FkLA
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Ronaldinho should atleast have been a sub too tbh, you can probably count on one hand the amount of players that were better than a prime Dinho.

sonic21
12-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Xavi is a maestro. Few players were as skilled as him in term of passing and control (I can't remember the last time he missed a control).

imo
I'd put Platini instead of Zidane, Yachin as GK. Maldini no way. Cafu, Xavi and Messi are debatable.

it's me
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Lol defending with line of three .... not a real defensive minded mid..... that team would score a lot but will suffer a lot too..... no balance, it's more unbalanced than the Arg NT tbh.

ogait
12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I think Xavi being the best player for Spain is debatable. Its not like he carried that Spanish team like say Zidane did for France in 98'...this Spanish team is just incredibly well balanced. They arguably have the top goalie, defenders, and mids in the world along with a Top 3-5 striker. As for Barca, anyone that says hes the best player on the team is a dumbass.

Great player but I agree that having him in an all-time list is a bit of a stretch, isnt Marca a spanish magazine ?

Yeah Marca is the main sports newspaper from Spain.

I have nothing but good things to say of Xavi but when we're talking about all time greats I really have to disagree.

He's not a difference maker and wasn't even considered more than a slightly above average player prior to 2008. He's great at what he does, but that wouldn't count for much if he hadn't played with the likes of Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Messi. Same for the Spanish NT which is stacked all over.

Again I have a hard time convincing that he's an all time great football player and here's just a few players at the midfield position, who haven't made that list and are more deserving imo:

Lothar Mathaus
Fernando Redondo
Platini
Frank Riijkard
Ronaldinho
Zico

DAF86
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM
lol at Redondo beign more deserving than Xavi

DAF86
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Xavi is a maestro. Few players were as skilled as him in term of passing and control (I can't remember the last time he missed a control).

imo
I'd put Platini instead of Zidane, Yachin as GK. Maldini no way. Cafu, Xavi and Messi are debatable.

If Messi is debatable then 99% of that line-up is debatable.

Messi is already among the top scorers in the history of Barca, the Argie NT, the Spanish league and the Champions league, when it's all said and done there's a big chance he ends up as the top scorer in all of those things. He already has a record number of championships and accolades to his credit and is a back to back best player of the World winner, soon to be a three peat. (Only player that has managed to do this is Platini and that's just 'cause in that time they couldn't give that award to Maradona).

diego
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
:lol at taking a marca list seriously

Of the 18 players, only 6 are not RM/barca/spanish league players. Does anyone think Iribar and Casillas are the two best goalies of all time? None of the great german or english goalies, not to mention Yashin? this list is a joke. and so is the formation.

This team should score a lot but would get pounded in the back, much like argentina today (even though our defenders are amateur compared to these, still, this formation and balance suck).

romain.star
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM

Zidane carried France yeah... but it was in 06 (ala Maradona in WC 86 or Platini in Euro 84).

In 98, Zidane was really good but was not the best player of the Tournament. (Berkamp, Suker, Ronaldo all had a better overall performance)

romain.star
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
No Garrincha in the starting 11? :lmao

Platini substitute :lol

http://www.marca.com/2011/11/11/futbol/1321011859.html?a=563f1dff04dd9fe9802d76a5e903c63e&t=1323040326

Putain, il m'aura fallu attendre le 09 décembre 2012 pour ętre d'accord avec l'un de tes posts.

Tout arrive...

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Zidane carried France yeah... but it was in 06 (ala Maradona in WC 86 or Platini in Euro 84).

In 98, Zidane was really good but was not the best player of the Tournament. (Berkamp, Suker, Ronaldo all had a better overall performance)

dont forget euro championships and his days at juventus....even though he didnt win a CL with juventus

lol messi, xavi being mention...cmon man

maldini on the team? wtf

seriously all italy defenders are overrated

casillas is overrated man, at leasts there no mention of buffon

khan gk should be on the list

romain.star
12-09-2011, 02:03 PM
My starting 11 would be:

GK Yashin (Zoff)

DF: Cafu (Thuram) Beckenbauer (Desailly) Baresi (Koeman) Facchetti (Maldini)

MF: Garincha (Best) Cruyff (Socrates) Zidane (Platini) Maradona (Czibor)

ST: Pelé (Ronaldo) Messi (Puskas)

Coach: Arrigo Sachi (assistant: José Mourhino)

Jodelo
12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
No mentioning of Gerd Müller?

romain.star
12-09-2011, 07:32 PM
No mentioning of Gerd Müller?

the fox in the box!

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2011, 08:12 PM
didnt ronaldinho have a high peak in a period of short years where he won CL, WC, COPA?

ogait
12-09-2011, 08:31 PM
didnt ronaldinho have a high peak in a period of short years where he won CL, WC, COPA?

And by high you should mean really, really high!! Too bad he wanted to party and get fat instead of being a decent professional.

Still ten times better than Xavi nevertheless.