PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Grizz dec 26th at home

nbaman99
12-05-2011, 06:12 PM
The Memphis Grizzlies are expected to open the regular season Dec. 26 on the road against the San Antonio Spurs, according to a draft of the team's 66-game schedule obtained by The Commercial Appeal.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/dec/05/grizzlies-tentatively-scheduled-open-nba-season-de/

here we go, can't wait for this one.

:flag:

crc21209
12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Looks like I'm going to opening night....:tu

xellos88330
12-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Fuck memphis!!!!

Buddy Holly
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
It's so on that things have now become very much like donkey kong.

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Wouldn't it be lovely to see a Duncan, Kawhi, & "new bigman" frontcourt just mouthrape the Grizz?

5in10
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
I hope we slaughter these assholes.

Russ
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Will Ginobili get to play in this Game 1?

Bill_Brasky
12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I hope we take it to these fucks.

Phenomanul
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
So the Spurs open the season on the 25th at Portland, and then fly back to SA to face the team that humiliated them last season??? Geez... this will definitely test the Spurs' resilience and character...

These B2Bs are going to be draining...

Seventyniner
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I hope we take it to these fucks.

No kidding. Anything less than a 20-point win will be disappointing.

Dex
12-05-2011, 10:16 PM
So the Spurs open the season on the 25th at Portland, and then fly back to SA to face the team that humiliated them last season??? Geez... this will definitely test the Spurs' resilience and character...

Spurs aren't playing on Christmas; the Twitterverse apparently had it wrong.

Was looking forward to seeing them play on Christmas Day, but there will be other games to watch. At least now the guys will get to spend Christmas with their families, and then take it to the Grizz the very next day. :ihit

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Should be interesting. I bet they beat us though - they're built to beat us. Until proven otherwise, TP is Conley's bitch, and the whole team is Z-Bo's bitch.

SequSpur
12-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Should be interesting. I bet they beat us though - they're built to beat us. Until proven otherwise, TP is Conley's bitch, and the whole team is Z-Bo's bitch.

they're built to beat us? wtf is that?

The_Worlds_finest
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Wouldn't it be lovely to see a Duncan, Kawhi, & Matt Bonner frontcourt just mouthrape the Grizz?

Buddy Holly
12-05-2011, 11:47 PM

No. The Spurs/Portland game was just some sports writers guess, it's not a real game.

Buddy Holly
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM

I guarantee they don't beat us. At home, revenge on our mind, no Dice, hopefully no Jefferson.

gospursgojas
12-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Hopefully Bonner sees Z Ro on the opposite bench and comes ready to play....

Like leave the New Balance in the locker room and go with the Nikes ready to play.

tmtcsc
12-06-2011, 12:03 AM

Going by last year, its pretty accurate. Hungrier, better defensively, bigger front court, athletic..

That was a beat down. We won 2 games and 1 was a miracle.

objective
12-06-2011, 12:06 AM
i wonder if Rudy Gay will play.

Buddy Holly
12-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Going by last year, its pretty accurate. Hungrier, better defensively, bigger front court, athletic..

Manu wasn't 100%, Pop over played Dice and under played Splitter. Pop over played Hill and under played Neal.

Also, Spurs are adding defense, youth and athleticism at the 2 and 3 with Anderson and Leonard.

DesignatedT
12-06-2011, 12:26 AM
Not to mention Memphis was playing absolutely out of their mind. I went back and watched that series over and Dice was absolutely making it as tough as possible on Randolph. I can't believe some of the shots he was making. That all stopped in the 2nd round, and it wasn't because OKC defended it better. Randolph was all of a sudden missing the contested 18 ft jumpers that were going down against us. Even busted a 3 with the game on the line. That series was so frustrating.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM

See, playoffs 2010. They're bigger, meaner, hungrier and quicker than we are. They embarrassed us.

I guarantee they don't beat us. At home, revenge on our mind, no Dice, hopefully no Jefferson.

Hopefully? RJ will probably be starting, Dice worked his arse off in that series (wasn't his fault Z-Bo was unconscious).

Exactly. Love your new sig, BTW. :)

Not to mention Memphis was playing absolutely out of their mind. I went back and watched that series over and Dice was absolutely making it as tough as possible on Randolph. I can't believe some of the shots he was making. That all stopped in the 2nd round, and it wasn't because OKC defended it better. Randolph was all of a sudden missing the contested 18 ft jumpers that were going down against us. Even busted a 3 with the game on the line. That series was so frustrating.

Very true. I felt sorry for Dice. He did everything anyone could've done.

tmtcsc
12-06-2011, 12:47 AM
When I think back on that series with Memphis, I recall

1. Zach Randolph schooling anyone that tried to guard him.

2. Wishing Tim would retire. Almost like hoping someone throws the towel in on a boxer. I didn't want to see him get abused anymore. After all he had done in his career, it was hard to watch.

3. Tony playing awful and getting thoroughly outplayed by their pg.

4. Careless turnovers by everyone when pressured by Memphis.

5. Battier shoving our guys around on D and when he posted them up.

6. The most competitive guy on the court being Dice. -- At least he looked like he cared and didn't give up.

7. Thinking...all this and they don't have Rudy Gay on the floor.

8. Remembering that our Offense got us through the year and that the lack of defense would catch up with us. It did. In round 1.

9. Thinking that OKC would abuse us if we found a way out of the 1st round.

10. That Blair was irrelevant.

11. Thinking that Tiago needed more minutes on the floor. At least he was tall.

12. Thinking that the rebounds Tim got were the ones that landed in his hands.

13. That RJ was as soft as they come and that he was irrelevant.

It doesn't end. It was the worst beat down since GS ousted us in DRobs second year.

On a positive note, Gary Neal showed he was a player. He was the bright spot on last year's team.

Blackjack
12-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Remember when the thought of the Grizz beatin the Spurs in a 7-game series was laughable?

http://mimg.ugo.com/200809/24421/chris-farley.jpg

That was awesome...

tmtcsc
12-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Remember when the thought of the Grizz beatin the Spurs in a 7-game series was laughable?

http://mimg.ugo.com/200809/24421/chris-farley.jpg

That was awesome...

Lol...I do. I got snookered into believing against my better senses.

Fireball
12-06-2011, 01:51 AM
What better team to start the season against ... hopefully everybody is healthy and ready. Of course, if the Spurs win, it is only a regular season game ...

Sense
12-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Oh god we sound like Suns fans..