PDA

View Full Version : BIG TIME UT hoops commit.....

Ballcox
06-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Texas just landed a commit from Kevin Durant, a 6'9 kid from Oak Hill Academy, most recruiting services have him as the #2 recruit in the ENITRE COUNTRY. Barnes has already landed a number of McDonald's All-Americans from Texas, and one out of state kid from Alabama (M. Williams), but this recruit could really elevate the Texas program into that elite status. He evidently has all the tools, can shoot with range, explosive athleticism, has the inside/outside game, everything. Combine this kid with CJ Miles coming in and the Abrams PG recruit, this next Texas class is big time. Also take into account Lamarcus Aldridge coming back healthy next season along with M. Williams at PF (Alabama McDonald All American recruit), D. Gibson (AA recruit), Brad Buckman, PJ Tucker coming back from academic problems, D. Dowell, and then JUCO guys JD Lewis and C. Winder. All of a sudden you've got one hell of a team, definitely a team that could make some serious noise in March! Look out rest of Big XII, Hook'em!

respect the 'fro :fro

mookie2001
06-16-2005, 05:24 PM
fuck yeah
the starting lineup
gibson
dowell/miles
pj tucker
buckman
aldrige
plus mike williams and dowell/miles off the bench

thats a hugeass talented lineup with some TEXAS BOYS too

word
07-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Yeah if PJ can hit the fockin' books and actually play....

Horry For 3!
07-03-2005, 04:57 AM
I think PJ will be playing next year. He learned his lesson. We defintely missed him and Aldridge started to come alive then he got hurt and was done for the season. Paulino will be back also. We'll have a good team next year. :) Gibson will only get better.

King
07-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Was there any confirmation on CJ Miles? He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft, but I know under the new CBA, if he didn't sign with an agent, he was still eligible for college play. Don't know if that's what he decided to do, though.

Ballcox
07-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Was there any confirmation on CJ Miles? He was drafted in the 2nd round of the NBA draft, but I know under the new CBA, if he didn't sign with an agent, he was still eligible for college play. Don't know if that's what he decided to do, though.

Word from CJ's dad is that they're awaiting a contract offer from the Jazz at this point. CJ didn't hire an agent, so he could say no to the contract and come to Texas, or we lose him to the NBA. He originally said he wouldn't go pro if he wasn't drafted in the first round, but now who knows what the hell he's thinking. I don't think he's ready for the NBA yet, 1-2 seasons at Texas would help him a bunch.

2centsworth
07-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Word from CJ's dad is that they're awaiting a contract offer from the Jazz at this point. CJ didn't hire an agent, so he could say no to the contract and come to Texas, or we lose him to the NBA. He originally said he wouldn't go pro if he wasn't drafted in the first round, but now who knows what the hell he's thinking. I don't think he's ready for the NBA yet, 1-2 seasons at Texas would help him a bunch.
one year and prove he's a player will get him drafted in the 1st round where the guaranteed money is.

Mr Dio
07-05-2005, 05:11 PM
What is the min. NBA age now & by what date does a player have to be that old?

Horry For 3!
07-06-2005, 01:57 AM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9261/joshinlonghornscap6ym.jpg

^ Cap explains all.

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 09:09 AM
he should be 19 by the start of the 06-07 nba season, when the new rules kick in
just by assuming he's normal hs sr age

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 01:31 PM

^ Cap explains all.

Awesome. You have a wifebeater to match?

Horry For 3!
07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Nah, I don't.

Mr Dio
07-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Awesome. You have a wifebeater to match?

Well, I see we spent 3hrs thinking up that witty comment. :rolleyes

word
07-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Texas just landed a commit from Kevin Durant, a 6'9 kid from Oak Hill Academy, most recruiting services have him as the #2 recruit in the ENITRE COUNTRY.

July 7, 2005

Starting now, which college has the best chance to win national titles in football and hoops in the same year?
--Hugh Pritchett, Indianapolis

Good question, and one that gives me an excuse to freshen up on the college hoops landscape, which, I must confess, I've pretty much ignored since the Final Four. I'll go with:

1. Louisville. The right coaches are in place in both sports (Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino), and by joining the Big East, the football team can now legitimately aspire to win the national title. The Cardinals' problem will be that a lack of respect for the conference (in football) may hold them back in the eyes of the pollsters. ( *cough* no chance ...)

2. Texas. The Longhorns have been to both a BCS bowl and a Final Four since 2003 and are consistent top-15 programs in both sports. Rick Barnes is fully capable of delivering a title in basketball; Brown, as was duly noted above, needs to beat Oklahoma first.

3. Oklahoma. Similar profile in both sports, although the Sooners' basketball program has taken some hits lately, and it may be awhile before Kelvin Sampson returns to the Final Four.

4. Ohio State. We already know football can do it, and I think Thad Matta is one of the best young coaches in the country. He's assembling one of the most impressive recruiting classes in recent memory (led by top overall prospect Greg Oden). He'll have to weather NCAA sanctions first, though.

5. Michigan. The Wolverines have come the closest to accomplishing it in the past, playing for the national title in basketball in 1992 and '93 while also playing in the Rose Bowl the same school years. Problem is, I don't think Tommy Amaker is the right guy to get the basketball program back to that same level.

Mr Dio
07-07-2005, 08:05 PM
With OSU getting 4 of the top 30 basketball players next yr they will indeed be tough.

Their football team is already the class of the Big 10.

word
07-07-2005, 09:34 PM

^ Cap explains all.

^^^^ good man ^^^^^

scott
07-07-2005, 11:09 PM

^ Cap explains all.

Damn you look hard. You've probably had your shit pushed a few times.

word
07-07-2005, 11:46 PM
I'd take young Marcus to pound your shit any day by the looks of the boy.

Horry For 3!
07-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Damn you look hard. You've probably had your shit pushed a few times.
No, i'm not fag. But i'll pound your fuckin face in.

scott
07-09-2005, 04:54 PM
No, i'm not fag.

Then you may wanted to reconsider posting topless webcam pictures of yourself on the internet.

Mr Dio
07-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Then you may wanted to reconsider posting topless webcam pictures of yourself on the internet.

So every photo of a male wthout a top causes you an erection?
You've got issues..It is OK being Gay Scott but you are in the C-L-O-S-E-T!
Come out ou boy come out..Closets are for clothes.

violentkitten
07-09-2005, 09:01 PM
maybe he's gay, but you're fucking stupid.

Mr Dio
07-09-2005, 09:58 PM
maybe he's gay, but you're fucking stupid.

Maybe you're fucking gay & he's stupid>

Ignorant Pussy!

scott
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
So every photo of a male wthout a top causes you an erection?
You've got issues..It is OK being Gay Scott but you are in the C-L-O-S-E-T!
Come out ou boy come out..Closets are for clothes.

What are you, his boyfriend?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 10:12 PM
scott jacks it to pictures of reynaldo works

Mr Dio
07-09-2005, 11:36 PM
What are you, his boyfriend?

Why lil Scotty, you a lil sweet on me sugar? :lol

There is obviously a reason you parents named you after a tissue paper..You belong with or you are just shit. If your parents hate you that much it explains your shitty posts.

Mr Dio
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM

I think lil Scotty jacks to any guy without a shirt.

Horry For 3!
07-10-2005, 02:19 AM
It wasn't meant for guys looking at my body. Scott, you are a fag! I posted it and only for I said CAP EXPLAINS ALL. I never was saying anything about my body, you dumbass.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:35 AM
you're not a "fag", you're just a dumbass like mr dio.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 09:27 AM
you're not a "fag", you're just a dumbass like mr dio.

Still wishing you had a d**k?
Too bad so sad Ignorant Pussy.

Hey Horry 4-3 & basically call posters..Want to see me make an even bigger ass out of the person hiding behind the IGNORANT PUSSY name? Watch this, it always happens when you call out the transgendered..They NEVER give a STRAIGHT answer on sports.

Hey Ignorant Pussy, which college football team are you a fan of?
You probaly won't answer because you wish you had d**k & you don't have the balls to answer.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:39 PM
whoa, he is that stupid.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 01:08 PM
whoa, he is that stupid

Whoa, SHE is that stupid!

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Well lame PUSSY, I'll be back tomorrow & get your thong up your butt even higher, OK?

Sorry no one liked you in Austin.

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
anyone heard anything on Lamarcus????????????????
they said he'd be good to go, but i havent heard on him in a while, hope he hasnt had any setbacks

watch out this season lamarcus is gonna make drew gooden look like brian boddicker

Ballcox
07-28-2005, 01:44 PM
^ Yeah, Lemarcus had successful surgery on his hip and has been working out most of the summer. He should be 100% and ready to go by the start of the season. I'm expecting big things from him this year, he was just starting to show some glimpses of the type of player he can become when he went down in that Nebraska game.

mookie2001
08-02-2005, 06:59 PM
whos the sg this year ballcox?
can ddowell handle it or is it a freshman
whats up with cj miles and the jazz
can he still not sign and play at tx?, i heard he hasnt hired an agent, but then it would be hard for him to negotiate
if dion can handle the ball,(i didnt see it much last year)
thats a big starting 5 with mike w and some talented freshman coming off the bench
best starting 5 in the history of texas bball anyway

Cant_Be_Faded
08-02-2005, 08:02 PM

is there any doubt that im the funniest person i've ever met?

cecil collins
08-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Miles already signed the contract. He actually got a guaranteed contract, which is fairly unusual for a second round pick. The Jazz would have owned his rights for 5 years, which means he overestimated his value and make a mistake by not withdrawaling his name. Who wants to be in Utah? Statesman.com has decent coverage on Longhorn sports, for those interested.

I'm very excited about Daniel Gibson this year, only now they have more depth and P.J Tucker back. The guy is electric. Hopefully he will learn how to sustain his glimpses of domination. I also think Brad Buckman is in for a big year, as he was unstoppable at points last year.

cecil collins
08-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Also, Mr Dio seems like an asshole. Horry for 3 doesn't seem mean spirited, maybe just a homophobe. Mr. Dio sounds so ridiculous with his Ignorant pussy comments and bully type behavior.

My guess is that Dowell will be the SG, because I don't think there are any freshman 2 guards, only 5-9 A.J Abrams. They got Lewis(3 point shooter) and Winder(aggresive defender), both 6-2 Juco transfers. Dowell is supposedly a good defender, and can jump out of the gym, but I will miss Sydmil Harris.

Ballcox
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
^ Agree, I think that SG position will be the most wide open on the team this upcoming season. D. Dowell obviously has been in the system for a year already, and hopefully during the off-season added some bulk to his frame. He's a hell of an athlete, just worry about his outside shooting. Also, the two JUCO transfers should be right in the mix for the SG spot. Also, look for Abrams (fresh PG) to get some playing time behind D. Gibson. He's kind of a TJ Ford clone with what's reported to be a better outside shot, he should get some minutes backing up D. Gibson this season. All in all, this should be a hell of a team and right in the mix for the Big XII title and hopefully a Tournament run.