PDA

View Full Version : BE HONEST! if.....

Amuseddaysleeper
06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
i know its unlikely, although anything can happen (especially when our spurs are involved) if pistons come back to SA with it being 3-2 in THEIR favor, would you say SA can still win in 7 or would that be a long shot considering they would have already dropped 3 in a row at that point. what do you guys think?

Xolotl
06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I think we should worry about tonights game first

Ron Jeremy
06-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I will think long and hard on this question......

Amuseddaysleeper
I think we should worry about tonights game first

good call :spin

Kori Ellis
if pistons come back to SA with it being 3-2 in THEIR favor, would you say SA can still win in 7

I would say it would be unlikely that the Spurs would win the series in that scenario.

mavsfan1000
06-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Spurs will win because they are so dominating at home and Detroit is not good on the road unlike Phoenix.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Hell, I'd have faith in my Spurs no matter what.

We've never played a Game 7 in the playoffs before, have we?

mrcoon29
06-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Have the Duncan Spurs ever lost more than 3 in a row??

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah...last year to LA

mrcoon29
06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
yeah...last year to LAI have deleted that from my hard-drive. :spin

ForestBrain
06-16-2005, 06:30 PM
I will think long and hard on this question......
oh sheesh. :rolleyes

IceColdBrewski
06-16-2005, 06:36 PM
I would say it would be unlikely that the Spurs would win the series in that scenario.

Ulikely? Spurs are damn near unbeatable at home and the Pistons have yet to show they can handle the Spurs in SA.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey....don't rag on Ron Jeremy!

If anyone knows about "dribble penetration" its him! :lol

mavsfan1000
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey....don't rag on Ron Jeremy!

If anyone knows about "dribble penetration" its him! :lol
He will think long and hard :lmao

PM5K
06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
As badly as the Spurs played they were in it for most of the first three quarters, even though Manu and Tim played fairly poorly, I just can't see that happening three times in a row, I expect them to win tonight.

ALVAREZ6
06-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Don't jinx us with this crap about "what if we lose 3 in a row" ....

Worry about tonight.

If we lose 3 in a row, then blame Amuseddaysleeper :smokin

cherylsteele
06-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Hell, I'd have faith in my Spurs no matter what.

We've never played a Game 7 in the playoffs before, have we?

I hate to bring this up but yes......We lost to Portland in 1990.....don't you remember the bonehead Strickland pass?

twincam
06-16-2005, 07:07 PM

Kori, think about what you're saying.
Would you say that it's likely for the Pistons to win the series after being down 0-2 against the Spurs? Now your favoring the Pistons to take the series vs the Spurs 'if' they were down 2-3 with the final two games at San Antonio. Come on...give the Spurs some credit. You need to look at it on both ends. Just because the Pistons 'might' (yet very unlikely) win all of their three home games, doesn't mean they're in control of the series. Remember, in order for them to win...they have to do it in San Antonio...which is a VERY long shot.

Advantage, San Antonio...

Marklar MM
06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Kori, think about what you're saying.
Would you say that it's likely for the Pistons to win the series after being down 0-2 against the Spurs? Now your favoring the Pistons to take the series vs the Spurs 'if' they were down 2-3 with the final two games at San Antonio. Come on...give the Spurs some credit. You need to look at it on both ends. Just because the Pistons 'might' (yet very unlikely) win all of their three home games, doesn't mean they're in control of the series. Remember, in order for them to win...they have to do it in San Antonio...which is a VERY long shot.

Advantage, San Antonio...

Yes, but if Detroit goes into SA with a 3-2 series lead, they will have one thing they lacked in the first two games...confidence and momentum. But I will not count San Antonio out if this is the case because they are a very good home team.

ginobme
06-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Dude, i dont even want to think about that

twincam
06-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, but if Detroit goes into SA with a 3-2 series lead, they will have one thing they lacked in the first two games...confidence and momentum. But I will not count San Antonio out if this is the case because they are a very good home team.

Understood, but the Spurs will NOT lose this series. And I'm not saying that just because I'm a Spurs fan.
The Spurs have too much firepower.

geerussell
06-16-2005, 07:40 PM
The first team to 3 will win this series.

Jimcs50
06-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Spurs win in 6

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah...last year to LA

These Spurs are different. We don't have pussy ass Turkaglu anymore to fuck the team chemistry up.

God damn Turkaglu....I GAVE YOU THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
06-16-2005, 09:35 PM
damnit!! the further along this game is going, the more and more this dumb thread i started is becoming relevant! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :depressed

ALVAREZ6
06-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Spurs in 7.

romsho
06-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I not only think it's possible, that is exactly what I expect to happen in this series. Detroit is not a better basketball team than the Spurs, but they are going to be allowed to play a certain style at home- and they have to play that style to win- but it won't happen in San Antonio. I hope I am wrong and SA wins one of these road games, but I just don't feel it. I am not the least bit concerned though, that Detroit will come into San Antonio and win with that same horseshit style in the SBC center. Spurs will win in seven, bank on it.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:08 PM
I not only think it's possible, that is exactly what I expect to happen in this series. Detroit is not a better basketball team than the Spurs, but they are going to be allowed to play a certain style at home- and they have to play that style to win- but it won't happen in San Antonio. I hope I am wrong and SA wins one of these road games, but I just don't feel it. I am not the least bit concerned though, that Detroit will come into San Antonio and win with that same horseshit style in the SBC center. Spurs will win in seven, bank on it.

Damn, I hope your right dude.

At this point, I can almost guarantee a Game 6 loss.

We're going back to SA down 3-2. Fuck, shit and damnit all too hell.