PDA

View Full Version : Backup PG

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-06-2011, 05:55 PM
There's been alot of talk about procuring bigmen, and rightly so.

But it seems we've forgotten that there is a hole at our PG position now.
Joseph will be spending a lot of time with the Toros, & Neal seems more
like a pure SG to me, although his playmaking skills aren't half bad.

I really don't think Pop is going to let Neal be the backup PG.
So who do you think we'll be acquiring? It will most definitely have to be
a free agent, since the only way we're getting a quality big man is through
a trade, or sign and trade.

Who would be good?

Earl Watson is my pick, but we all forget about Jeremy Pargo, who impressed me with the videos I watched of him in Israel.

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Also, we could finally be bringing Nando De Colo over, but his play has been unimpressive,
and it looks as if he's become crestfallen.

stephen jackson
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
well looks like the spurs are more interested in a sf, havent heard no rumors linking pgs to spurs.

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-06-2011, 06:04 PM
But remember, the Spurs front-office deals in deception when it comes to the media, or what people hear.

TD 21
12-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd be surprised if they don't sign Pargo. But he won't be the primary backup; Neal will be. Or a combination of Ginobili (offense) and Neal (defense) will be, however you want to look at it. But they're not benching superior talent, Anderson and/or Leonard, just to have a true backup PG. A true PG isn't necessary anyway when you have a SG with the ball handling/play making skills of Ginobili.

Nathan89
12-06-2011, 07:28 PM
^ I hope we sign Pargo. The guy is a freak athletically according to his numbers on draftexpress. Numbers comparable to both derrick rose and chris paul. I'm not sure why he wasn't drafted. I would think someone would want him based off of potential. Athleticism to beat his man off the dribble and create for others is something spurs bench needs.

I personally don't like the idea of playing Neal major minutes at backup pg. A move like this would make him less productive at what he does best. It's just too bad if Anderson can't see the court.

ace3g
12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Speaking of Pargo:

TLKREM2 Tim Lewis
Adam Morrison and Jeremy Pargo working out with Gonzaga men's basketball team today >

DraftExpress Jonathan Givony
RT @DubiPick: FIBA Ruled - Jeremy Pargo Violated His Contract, Owes Maccabi Tel Aviv $270,000: bit.ly/vGlMoR

stephen jackson
12-06-2011, 07:45 PM
tj ford is sayin hes agreed with a team, and a few tweets before he tweeted manu to follow back? maybe hes comin here?

MaNu4Tres
12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
TD gets it.. :tu