PDA

View Full Version : JJ says he's probably on his way out too.

adrienne
12-07-2011, 02:04 AM
And that he's disappointed.

Seriously, what the hell, Dallas?

mavsfan1000
12-07-2011, 02:07 AM
After Chandler, it doesn't matter if we keep Barea or not. We won't be good enough with or without Barea. Even with Chandler, it is questionable if we are good enough based on our aging group. I think Cuban already is thinking about saving money and rebuilding.

JamStone
12-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Rodrigue Beaubois, Rudy Fernandez, Dominique Jones.

JJ had several unbelievable moments and games in the championship run, but it's better for the Mavs to let him walk than give him more money than he really deserves and just let those young guards try to develop. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs. When you do that, you don't open the bottle and try to play with it.

I'm sure Rick Carlisle will be crushed if and when it's official.

baseline bum
12-07-2011, 02:10 AM
They'd be morons to overpay for him with Beaubois there. Now Chandler has to be brought back at any cost for them to have a chance to defend their title.

adrienne
12-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Not saying Barea was going to make up for the loss of Chandler...but they're dropping like flies. Half the championship team is going to be gone. Should give Dirk another chance...at least try, even without Chandler.

adrienne
12-07-2011, 02:13 AM
And yeah, I know I'm more sentimental than a lot of fans. That does contribute to me being bummed out by this.

baseline bum
12-07-2011, 02:16 AM
There is no way in hell Cuban is going to let Chandler walk after a title; especially when he has two big salaries in Kidd and Terry coming off the books next summer.

adrienne
12-07-2011, 02:19 AM
It would be kind of a big deal to let Terry walk next year. I know people here aren't fans, but he's done a lot for Dallas and he has not been shy about saying he wants to retire here.

Not saying letting him go couldn't happen, it would just be harsh.

LkrFan
12-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Where is he going?

Jacob1983
12-07-2011, 03:02 AM
It's pretty much a given that Dirk, Terry, and Kidd will end their careers as Mavs. I'd say it's also a given that their numbers are retired too.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 06:46 AM
They'd be morons to overpay for him with Beaubois there.

Cept Barea actually did it. Beaubois was supposed to.

Magua
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
:crydon't let my beloved jj and tc leave the mavewicks:cry

your emo threads are getting annoying. players change teams all the time, life goes on.

Killakobe81
12-07-2011, 10:29 AM

JJ had several unbelievable moments and games in the championship run, but it's better for the Mavs to let him walk than give him more money than he really deserves and just let those young guards try to develop. They caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs. When you do that, you don't open the bottle and try to play with it.

I'm sure Rick Carlisle will be crushed if and when it's official.

Jam is right, you cant overpay a 6th man with similar skills to roddy.

Cully is right JJB is proven Roddy B is not.

But Mavs FO knew they would face these tough choices ... if they are not comfortable making them they are in the wrong position.

sometimes when you win a title you lose Ariza but replace him with Artest and it pays off. Often times you keep the core together and it fails like with Lakers last year or the Celts in 2009 ...

baseline bum
12-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Barea is a scrub who got hot at the right time. Teams who sign guys like that to long-term deals always regret it. Two Spurs examples were Jaren Jackson and Nazr Mohammed. Luckily the Spurs weren't the one to give Mohammed the big contract (LOL Detroit).

mavs>spurs
12-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Barea is a scrub who got hot at the right time.

It happens.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
It happens.

:lol

4>0rings
12-07-2011, 02:02 PM
lol even the Mavs know the ring was fluke and are hoping to hop on the next winner

Axe Murderer
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Cept Barea actually did it. Beaubois was supposed to.

tbh you'd make a great GM imo

"THE WHOLE TEAM WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!! THEY ALL DESERVE TO BE OVERPAID!!"

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM

Never said such.

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 02:15 PM
lol even the Mavs know the ring was fluke and are hoping to hop on the next winner

The Mavs rang, '>0, now and forevermore, and there's nary a gdmfing thing you can do about it.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
^Preach the gospel, Mono. The Book of Castleberry.

Stalin
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
lol cubes admitting his fluke championship

4>0rings
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM

If he worked for a sports team, there would be another Penn State/Syracuse scandal with tens of hundreds of children coming forward with allegations of whiskey, fondling children, shower butt sex, and chuck box stories.

4>0rings
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
The Mavs rang, '>0, now and forevermore, and there's nary a gdmfing thing you can do about it.
Didn't you quit this forum, twice?

stretch
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM

This.

If they want to be serious players for getting a big-name player to come to Dallas, they need to give that player something to look forward to. They have to develop their young talent and showcase them as much as possible, whether it be for use in a trade, or to attract people to the talented youth that the Mavs have.

It probably kinda sucks for Kidd, Terry and Dirk, but there couldn't be much better veterans for youth to play under and learn from, than these guys. They are still capable of leading them and making things easy enough for the young players to get the team to the playoffs. Championship aspirations? Unlikely. But still this could really help the youth develop well, as they have some sort of youthful talent at basically every position (Roddy - PG, Jones - SG, Brewer - SF, Mahinmi - PF/C). If they can at least get one or two of them to pan out into decent NBA players, that should help the rebuilding process that comes when Dirk is done, or help attract a potential star.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 03:15 PM
This.

That's chickenshit.

stretch
12-07-2011, 03:18 PM
That's chickenshit.

Bend over.

I'll show you a chickenshit.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 03:33 PM
^Well, for Christ-sake act like somebody. You're champion of the fucking world.

You go home with who brung you:::i.e, Chandler, Kidd, Barea, Dirk, et al.

pass1st
12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Checking out assholes again, Curly?

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Didn't you quit this forum, twice?

Moving the goalposts won't change the fact that the Mavs rang, '0ri, they rang once, they rang forevermore, the end.

Ghazi
12-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Whoever says the Mavs caught lightning in a bottle is talking out of their fucking ass.

The Mavs were the best team last year, all year.

55-18 with Dirk in the regular season. That is a 62 win pace which would've been the best record in the NBA.

And then they go 16-5 in the playoffs...

They were a championship caliber team all year except for the 9 game stretch where Dirk got hurt.

They had a few blips and droughts over the course of the year... you know, like every fucking team in the NBA.

There was nothing fluky about the Mavs title last year. It was a complete, balanced, championship team. They did not need luck or officiating to win any of their series... they just flat out beat the competition. They shouldn't have to apologize because Bron choked on a bag of dicks in the Finals. That doesn't make it fluky, that is a part of Bron's game.

And we don't need Barea. But we need Chandler. Keeping Chandler is a must. We're not getting Deron Williams and even if we did it doesn't guarantee jack shit in the 2012-2013 season when Dirk is 34. Dirk ages well... but he will age.

Mav-elous Man
12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
JJ did what Roddy was supposed to do. Roddy has the potential to be better than JJ. I would like to see JJ stay but at the right price. If he goes, oh well. Its a business. Roddy has had games where he has done the same things JJ has done. The only difference is Roddy has a better outside shot. I would like to hold on to both of the because Kidd won't be around long.

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Whoever says the Mavs caught lightning in a bottle is talking out of their fucking ass.

The Mavs were the best team last year, all year.

55-18 with Dirk in the regular season. That is a 62 win pace which would've been the best record in the NBA.

And then they go 16-5 in the playoffs...

They were a championship caliber team all year except for the 9 game stretch where Dirk got hurt.

They had a few blips and droughts over the course of the year... you know, like every fucking team in the NBA.

There was nothing fluky about the Mavs title last year. It was a complete, balanced, championship team. They did not need luck or officiating to win any of their series... they just flat out beat the competition. They shouldn't have to apologize because Bron choked on a bag of dicks in the Finals. That doesn't make it fluky, that is a part of Bron's game.

And we don't need Barea. But we need Chandler. Keeping Chandler is a must. We're not getting Deron Williams and even if we did it doesn't guarantee jack shit in the 2012-2013 season when Dirk is 34. Dirk ages well... but he will age.

Ghazstrodamus

Mav-elous Man
12-07-2011, 03:51 PM
It will be interesting to see what Mark and Donnie do. Say what you want to about them but they are good at moving money around to keep this team competitive.

Ghazi
12-07-2011, 03:54 PM
One more note, if the Mavs fail to repeat as champions I'm sure some fucksticks here will use it as to say 2011 was a fluke. Big Ghaz ain't having none of that shit.

Nothing will change the fact that in the 2010-2011 NBA season, the Mavs were the best team in the NBA. Nothing.

Who the fuck is gonna sit there and tell me a 60+ win team that won FOUR best of 7 series fluked it's way into a title? Would love to hear that bullshit argument.

This isn't football where sometimes getting hot matters due to the parity (2008 Giants, some would even argue last years Packers even though they're backing it up this year). This is basketball. There's less parity, and there's 4 best of 7s... flukes don't fucking happen. Just because it was unexpected and surprising doesn't mean it was a fluke or that they caught lightning in a bottle. It just means we failed to realize how great our fucking Mavs were. Even I was guilty of selling them short at times last year.

We're fucking stacked as fuck

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 03:55 PM
It will be interesting to see what Mark and Donnie do. Say what you want to about them but they are good at moving money around to keep this team competitive.

:tu sometimes it's maddening and sometimes it works great, but they found a way to make it work. and with people frustrated at how things are going this offseason, what made you think things would be different? Mark and Donnie have tinkered with the roster every season, they've made big splashes and small splashes every season, they NEVER keep the same roster intact 2 years in a row. The closest we came to that was the 2006 offseason, and we all know how that worked out.

Every season they're out for the next big move. Maybe after a title people want that to change, but it won't.

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
One more note, if the Mavs fail to repeat as champions I'm sure some fucksticks here will use it as to say 2011 was a fluke. Big Ghaz ain't having none of that shit.

Nothing will change the fact that in the 2010-2011 NBA season, the Mavs were the best team in the NBA. Nothing.

Who the fuck is gonna sit there and tell me a 60+ win team that won FOUR best of 7 series fluked it's way into a title? Would love to hear that bullshit argument.

This isn't football where sometimes getting hot matters due to the parity (2008 Giants, some would even argue last years Packers even though they're backing it up this year). This is basketball. There's less parity, and there's 4 best of 7s... flukes don't fucking happen.

nikka u need to make a youtube about this shit. YouTube Ghazi is the best thing in the history of the NBA Forum. Considering the Mavs rang, don't you owe that to all of us? One big celebration video with a fuck you to the haters.

Kyle Orton
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Ghazi, get on AIM dawg!

Kyle Orton
12-07-2011, 03:58 PM
The krew is all comin back together with the season just weeks away

Ghazi
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
This.

If they want to be serious players for getting a big-name player to come to Dallas, they need to give that player something to look forward to. They have to develop their young talent and showcase them as much as possible, whether it be for use in a trade, or to attract people to the talented youth that the Mavs have.

It probably kinda sucks for Kidd, Terry and Dirk, but there couldn't be much better veterans for youth to play under and learn from, than these guys. They are still capable of leading them and making things easy enough for the young players to get the team to the playoffs. Championship aspirations? Unlikely. But still this could really help the youth develop well, as they have some sort of youthful talent at basically every position (Roddy - PG, Jones - SG, Brewer - SF, Mahinmi - PF/C). If they can at least get one or two of them to pan out into decent NBA players, that should help the rebuilding process that comes when Dirk is done, or help attract a potential star.

I don't give a damn about the future! There is no future after Dirk's prime ends anyway.

It's a cyclical league unless you're the Lakers.

We've had what, 11 straight 50 win seasons and 1 championship?

We're due for some dark days ahead no matter what moves we make.

Just keep Chandler and make 1-2 more runs at a title and then accept some shittastic years.

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
The krew is all comin back together with the season just weeks away

Lincoln, niggga!

Ghazi
12-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Ghazi, get on AIM dawg!

Dawg I haven't seen you on AIM in a while what gives?

Ghazi
12-07-2011, 04:00 PM
nikka u need to make a youtube about this shit. YouTube Ghazi is the best thing in the history of the NBA Forum. Considering the Mavs rang, don't you owe that to all of us? One big celebration video with a fuck you to the haters.

Ghaztube is down for maintenance right now but will return in the not too distant future. Patience my friends.

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't give a damn about the future! There is no future after Dirk's prime ends anyway.

It's a cyclical league unless you're the Lakers.

We've had what, 11 straight 50 win seasons and 1 championship?

We're due for some dark days ahead no matter what moves we make.

Just keep Chandler and make 1-2 more runs at a title and then accept some shittastic years.

yeah but Ghazi do you really expect Chandler to produce another career year like that again? or stay healthy like that again? I'd re-sign him at whatever cost if that was guaranteed, but looking at his career I'd be willing to bet he plays 40 games next year while averaging 8/8

Ghazi
12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
yeah but Ghazi do you really expect Chandler to produce another career year like that again? or stay healthy like that again? I'd re-sign him at whatever cost if that was guaranteed, but looking at his career I'd be willing to bet he plays 40 games next year while averaging 8/8

Monostradamus the only issue is his health. I don't think it was a career year, it was a year very similar to his 06-07 and 07-08 season in New Orleans. Then he got raped by injuries up until last year.

When he's healthy he's the goods. There's 3 years of evidence to indicate this.

But it's worth rolling the dice on his health because if Haywood is the center we are a 4th-5th seed and a 1st/2nd round exit.

Healthy Chandler makes our men contenders.

Just my take.
I'm not getting my hopes up for a big star... it's just probably (and I wanna say definitely) not gonna happen and even if it does doesn't guarantee anything. D-Will is not a guaranteed championship.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM

***to the other post:::But, you owe it to Barea to provide him space on the repetition campaign. He's owed. Cuban knows this without being told.

And you're a shit to defend (after accusation,) or, preemptively defend your Championship. It's pussy. It shows insecurity. To do so sullies everything.

You made the playoffs. You won the last game you played. There is nothing else.

And some of your people are afraid to defend. They're deathly afraid of going back to that dark corner of '06 and all the other catastrophes. So they're not against jettisoning Chandler and Barea on the pretense/shit excuse that it will enable your future. Did Dirk think about the future at 15 down? To the next game when he'd start fresh at 0-0? No. What did he do? He did what Fish did at 13 down a June earlier:::he grabbed some jacks & timbers and he started back down. Do you think he did that for just himself, his fellows and Cuban? Uh, uh. He did it for your fanbase as well. And you know it.

He had no guarantee that it would culminate in victory. He just went.

That's how you and your people have to go now. You have to face your victory and everything that comes after it. Time will not stand still. It just won't.

Kyle Orton
12-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Been busy brah but I'll be back when the season starts. We all comin back

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd be willing to bet he plays 40 games next year while averaging 8/8

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That is defeatist BS. It's white bread. You're afraid of losing, of not repeating.

Wallow in the title. Immerse in it. Then stand, dance with who brung you and make good fight.

& if you don't win the last game you play you come in here and you act like somebody.

pass1st
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Been busy brah but I'll be back when the season starts. We all comin back

Nuggets are pretty much fucked, you guys are staying irrelevant for a while.

Monostradamus
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kyle Orton doesn't wanna go to the sidelines and talk to the olllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ball coach efter det one!

Killakobe81
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM

This isn't football where sometimes getting hot matters due to the parity (2008 Giants, some would even argue last years Packers even though they're backing it up this year). This is basketball. There's less parity, and there's 4 best of 7s... flukes don't fucking happen. Just because it was unexpected and surprising doesn't mean it was a fluke or that they caught lightning in a bottle. It just means we failed to realize how great our fucking Mavs were. Even I was guilty of selling them short at times last year.

This shit, is good to see. You and your flunkies are representing the NBA champions, own this forum!!! ...regulate Mav haters and he san Antonio heaters ....hell, go at it with the Lakers fans ... your team won the title.

More piss and vinegar in this post, that is actually about basketball ...then i have seen here in months ...nice post Ghazi rep your squad!!!!!

Kyle Orton
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kyle Orton doesn't wanna go to the sidelines and talk to the olllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ball coach efter det one!

:cry damn he shit all over me and my team :cry

ogait
12-07-2011, 05:05 PM
***to the other post:::But, you owe it to Barea to provide him space on the repetition campaign. He's owed. Cuban knows this without being told.

Barea's role in last year championship wasn't more important than Ariza in 2009 for the Lakers and he walked, and the Lakers haven't regret it.

Inevitability someone is going to overpay for JJ Barea, and the Mavs should let him go.

Now Chandler is a total different story.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Barea's role in last year championship wasn't more important than Ariza in 2009 for the Lakers and he walked, and the Lakers haven't regret it.

Food for thought.

Though we had Artest on retainer since we were eliminated by the Celtics in '08 and he came into the showers & accosted Kobe. Odom sponsored him and it was a sweetheart deal.

stretch
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

dumbass

pass1st
12-07-2011, 05:37 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

dumbass

Says the guy who believed the 1980s has more lenient officiating :toast

stretch
12-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Says the guy who believed the 1980s has more lenient officiating :toast

So you now suddenly do not agree that the 80's had less strict officiating?

Axe Murderer
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Never said such.

look at yerself 'uis, tiptoein through the sunflowers, par per etc

It's impossible to overpay for every damn player on a championship team from the previous year. You have to overpay for some and cut the losses with the others.

Me and you were Shoulder-to-Shoulder on the Chandler deal but some guys like Barea you just have to move on from because some team is gonna spend like crazy to get him and he isn't nearly as valuable as Tyson

Stalin
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
barea fooling no one, he's still a scrub

pass1st
12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
So you now suddenly do not agree that the 80's had less strict officiating?

Nope, just baiting you into it again.

mavsfan1000
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
True story.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Cept he impacted & he rang.

It's gets better than that. I just can't cite it.

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
And that he's disappointed.

Seriously, what the hell, Dallas?

I appreciate the way you love...you're extremely passionate...duly noted

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Me and you were Shoulder-to-Shoulder on the Chandler deal but some guys like Barea you just have to move on from because some team is gonna spend like crazy to get him and he isn't nearly as valuable as Tyson

We can agree on Chandler and disagree on Barea. Ain't the end of the world.

It's easy for you to see straight now. When it was rockin' back & forth you rode the likes of Barea & Stevenson imploring them to deliver it. And they did. You owe 'em, Mavs Fan.

& you know what else?

You know it.

DeadlyDynasty
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Did we owe Glen Rice in 2000?

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Did we owe Glen Rice in 2000?

Yep. But, of course once you cross Phil Jackson moving heaven & earth won't get it back.

Like we owed Vuj and just ran him off. He made those two free throws look so fuckin' easy. I don't know was sadder:::Breen, or the Celtics. The fucks.

Like we owed Horry and just let him drift away. Then he comes back, loiters the area and Phil still can't see him.

We got no room.

adrienne
12-07-2011, 09:41 PM
It's cool, I've just accepted all pro athletes are abandoning Dallas sports. CJ Wilson is leaving. The Rangers will be less douchey, but also significantly less attractive.

DeadlyDynasty
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Yep. But, of course once you cross Phil Jackson moving heaven & earth won't get it back.

Like we owed Vuj and just ran him off. He made those two free throws look so fuckin' easy. I don't know was sadder:::Breen, or the Celtics. The fucks.

Like we owed Horry and just let him drift away. Then he comes back, loiters the area and Phil still can't see him.

We got no room.

You can't be sentimental in this business...although i agree with you on Bob.

Giuseppe
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
You can't be sentimental in this business

Letting Rice's wife get under his skin was "sentimental."

Letting Vuj get under his skin was "sentimental."