PDA

View Full Version : Bonner; now what?

4>0rings
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Dickies gone now, and that's a huge first step to righting the ship, but Bonners still anchor dragging it though.

Will Pop fully admit his fuck-up like he just did with Jefferson, with Bonner?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Hopefully they package him with McDyess, but it looks like Blair will be the victim.

DMC
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Bonner will be fine if they keep his minutes low and don't put him out there with Blair.

Without a paint presence (a threatening one on offense), Bonner is just a placeholder for the ball.

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Bonner will be fine if they keep his minutes low and don't put him out there with Blair.

Without a paint presence (a threatening one on offense), Bonner is just a placeholder for the ball.

All of us openly hope and wish for this every year - and invariably it never happens. Pop simply cannot resist the need to overplay his red-headed butt-boy.

crc21209
12-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Package Bonner with either one of Dice and Blair and get a solid big man.....

Trill Clinton
12-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Co-sign.

I'm one of the few posters who don't mind bon bon so long as he isn't getting a lot of minutes.

Obstructed_View
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
If RJ were making closer to Bonner money (overpaid but not hugely overpaid), he'd still be with the team. If Bonner were utilized properly, he'd have earned his contract and we'd all love him.

silverblk mystix
12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Sometime this season....Bonner will be injured-causing the Spurs to actually be a better team...

I will point this out....

Someone will get their panties in a bunch because I had the audacity to be happy a Spurs player got injured....

Bonner will return in time for the playoffs...dooming the Spurs once again to a quick exit...

Pop will say, "they just played better"....

Wash, rinse, repeat....

jjktkk
12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Until the Spurs get a starting caliber big, Pop will, unfortunately, overuse Bon Bon.

4>0rings
12-07-2011, 04:15 PM

The thing is, with so many back to backs it doesn't matter if Bonner starts or comes off the bench. He is going to get too many undeserved minutes along with the rest of the bench.

SequSpur
12-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Bonner will be the death of me...

objective
12-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Will Pop fully admit his fuck-up like he just did with Jefferson, with Bonner?

No.

I think one moment of clarity is their limit for the season.

Don't forget how Pop responded after the playoffs were over when talking about who would start this year:

"Maybe it's Matt Bonner."

SequSpur
12-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Pop showers with the Silver Dancers and Bonner heard some slapping...so Bonner will be a Spur for life....FO.

slick'81
12-08-2011, 12:16 AM
if dyess retires and no fa big is landed we got bonner/blair at pf unless splitter emerges :depressed

Mel_13
12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
if dyess retires and no fa big is landed we got bonner/blair at pf unless splitter emerges :depressed

Actually, if dyess retires and no fa big is landed we got bonner/blair at pf even if splitter emerges.

slick'81
12-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Actually, if dyess retires and no fa big is landed we got bonner/blair at pf even if splitter emerges.

indeed double :depressed:depressed

DMC
12-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Co-sign.

I'm one of the few posters who don't mind bon bon so long as he isn't getting a lot of minutes.
I'd like to see him gone, but that's not going to happen so I have to be more realistic in my requests. The fucker cannot play a lick of defense and that's not going to change. He's basically useless outside the 4 second three point attempt.

DMC
12-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Pop showers with the Silver Dancers and Bonner heard some slapping...so Bonner will be a Spur for life....FO.
I could accept that over a Sandusky revelation.

silverblk mystix
12-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Splitter cannot emerge from shit....if he is glued to the fuckin' bench...and is playing behind Bonner....

Mr. Body
12-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Can they re-structure his contract and give him Jefferson's money? Because that's what I think they do.

Xevious
12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Bonner wasn't so bad when he was on the floor with McDyess in the second unit. Bonner and Blair on the court together is a recipe for disaster. You have a 5 foot center and a power forward with a two foot wingspan. And regardless of who he plays with, he cannot start.

But let's be real here... Bonner is going nowhere. He's Pop's new Finley.

Fireball
12-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Bonner in the regular season playing either with Duncan or Splitter I can handle ... but in the playoffs Matt should stay on the bench (as I saw him when I just watched the 2007 Finals again). But as long as there are no other bigs on the team (especially if Dice retires), whats the alternative?

lefty
12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
He spreaaaaaaaaaaaadz the flooooooooooooooooooooooooooor

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le9l74LmW41qaj1fco1_400.gif

Russ
12-08-2011, 11:22 AM
One good thing about the Spurs strking out on small forwards (if they do) would be their resources could be used on their main need -- a big decent man.