PDA

View Full Version : David West may be in play

Steve-O-Matic
12-07-2011, 04:45 PM
KBergCBSKen Berger

In addition to Pacers, who've spoken with David West's reps, several non-room teams have inquired about FA forward: DAL, Spurs, MIA, ATL.

https://twitter.com/kbergcbs

tmtcsc
12-07-2011, 04:45 PM
pass

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Really, pass!

Halberto
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
WTF? Why pass? I'll take him over Butler any day

The Truth #6
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
He's a jerk. But maybe that's what we need. Still, no thanks.

stephen jackson
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
lol @ pass
yall forget we got a midget for a center and a pussy 3 point shooter center not to mention a unreliable foreign
ill take what we can get

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Would rather have him than Blair.

TimmehC
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Better than Bonner/Blair. But we don't really have the assets to pull off such a trade without gutting the team. Pass.

Seventyniner
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Um, there are plenty of teams with cap room willing to blow their wad on West. How would the Spurs have any chance? Sign-and-trade for Dice? Why would West or the Hornets even want that?

Halberto
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
"He's a jerk."

So is Kobe. So is Bynum.... so is Garnet. So is Jason Terry. See the trend here?

slick'81
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
would no take what we have to offer?!?!

Sense
12-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Seriously? Passing on West? hahaha

Steve-O-Matic
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
FWIW, here's John Hollinger's scouting report on West for this season...

+ Highly skilled power forward who can shoot and handle. Deadly from midrange.

+ Average athlete but attacks off dribble for jump hook. Loves going between legs.

+ Average at best defensively. Tough, but undersized and conserves fouls.

West enjoyed an All-Star caliber season before tearing his ACL late in the season, posting a career-high in PER while shooting 50.8 percent from the floor. West's short and midrange game is simply masterful. He shot 47.3 percent on long 2s while taking more than five a game, and 44.9 percent from 3 to 15 feet. As a result, he was an extremely effective scorer even though he never shot 3s and only a quarter of his shots came at the rim.

West even managed to draw fouls at a decent clip, and his assist and turnover numbers were solid despite how often he attacked off the dribble in isolations. He's a very difficult matchup for opposing 4s because he can both shoot and handle the ball; many can do the former but few also add the latter, stretching opposing big men to their defensive limits. He can be reluctant to give up the ball when he catches in the post, however.

Defensively, West is very average. He holds his own on the glass and moves fairly well, so he's not an obvious liability. However, he won't give fouls to prevent a bucket and struggles against long forwards who can play over the top of him. The Hornets rarely have him check good post players.

crc21209
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Pass on West when we have a 6'10 guy who doesnt play D and jacks up 3-pointers, and another guy who loves Whataburger....yeah...pass on David West. :rolleyes

Dunc n Dave
12-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Um, there are plenty of teams with cap room willing to blow their wad on West. How would the Spurs have any chance? Sign-and-trade for Dice? Why would West or the Hornets even want that?

West is a free agent, I believe. So if the Hornets trade Paul, they may be OK with letting West walk away too and start playing young prospects. In that case, West could sign a deal with a non-contender for $$$$, or sign an MLE deal with a playoff team if he'd rather win.

It's possible, but not likely...

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Why pass on West? Because he's undersized, he's gonna command a lot of cash, is a black hole offensively and an average-to-poor rebounder and defender. Now would I swap him out in place of Ginger? Absolutely. Yet we all know that Ginger is here to stay, so it's a moot point.

Personally, if the Spurs are going to ante up for a big, I'd rather then go after Kaman, Biedrins or someone of their ilk.

crc21209
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Why pass on West? Because he's undersized, he's gonna command a lot of cash, is a black hole offensively and an average-to-poor rebounder and defender. Now what I swap him out in place of Ginger? Absolutely. Yet we all know that Ginger is here to stay, so it's a moot point.

Personally, if the Spurs are going to ante up for a big, I'd rather then go after Kaman, Biedrins or someone of their ilk.

Agreed Senor. See if you can pry away Kaman or Biedrins first, but if you can't....then I would take West over Blair and Bonner any day.....

jjktkk
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Undersized 4, coming of a ACL tear, wrong side of 30, average at best defensively, need I go on?

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Undersized 4, coming of a ACL tear, wrong side of 30, average at best defensively, need I go on?

Nuff said.

After all this empirical evidence, why would anyone, including Spurs FO, continue salivating over West?

MaNu4Tres
12-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Carl Landry and Kenyon Martin are more realistic sign and trade options than David West. IMO

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Carl Landry and Kenyon Martin are more realistic sign and trade options than David West. IMO

Kenyon Martin is unavailable due to his Chinese vacation.

Dunc n Dave
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
The only way I see this happening is if all of the following happen:

-the Spurs don't land a SF they like (Butler, Battier, Prince, etc.) for the MLE
-The Hornets trade Paul and decide to let West walk away to rebuild
-West either doesn't get a decnt $$$ offer from a lotto bound team or he decides he'd rather play for a playoff team like the Spurs for the MLE (afterall, West's idol was Tim Duncan in college)

That's basically "a perfect storm" which is highly unlikey to happen. If it did happen, the team would be better, but still not a serious title contender....

Parker/Manu/3rd string PG
Manu/Neal/Anderson
Leonard/Anderson
West/Bonner/Blair
Duncan/Splitter/McDyess

MaNu4Tres
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Kenyon Martin is unavailable due to his Chinese vacation.

Forgot to add my optimism for an agreement to be reached between China/NBA players.

If not, then yeah Kenyon Martin isn't an option.

timvp
12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
David West for the full MLE? Yes, that's a no-brainer. Even if you factor in his torn ACL and his below average defense, that'd still be a steal. Talented power forwards who could score from the outside and thus fit next to Duncan are rare. If he wants to come to S.A. for that type of money, you sign him and figure out logistics later.

That said, he turned down $8 million on a player option even after his knee exploded and will be looking for a bigger than MLE payday. And there will be a team that gives it to him.

Mel_13
12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Hornets willing to let West go in sign/trade if it will get him to contender and bring back an asset or two, sources say.

http://twitter.com/KBergCBS

Dice+Blair+cash to cover Dice's buyout.

Chomag
12-07-2011, 05:55 PM
no.

For the Vet min ok maybe.

He wants and will most likely get more then the Spurs could and should offer him.

MaNu4Tres
12-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Hornets willing to let West go in sign/trade if it will get him to contender and bring back an asset or two, sources say.

http://twitter.com/KBergCBS

Dice+Blair+cash to cover Dice's buyout.

No brainer for the Spurs and Hornets would actually receive a young PF in Blair to fill in the void left by West as they rebuild. :tu

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Sorry guys. West does not help the Spurs against taller frontlines. He does not help you beat the Grizzlies.

You guys seem to be forgetting that our great Tim Duncan is in decline. Someone needs to step in to help offload the rebounding, shotblocking and defense that he has provided over the years.

Mel_13
12-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Sorry guys. West does not help the Spurs against taller frontlines. He does not help you beat the Grizzlies.

You guys seem to be forgetting that our great Tim Duncan is in decline. Someone needs to step in to help offload the rebounding, shotblocking and defense that he has provided over the years.

I don't anyone has forgotten anything.

Go ahead and name all the available players who meet your criteria. Then tell us how the Spurs get one of those guys.

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I don't anyone has forgotten anything.

Go ahead and name all the available players who meet your criteria. Then tell us how the Spurs get one of those guys.

Kaman and Biedrins are viable options that first come to mind. In the case of Kaman, he could probably be had via trade - provided the Clips resign Deandre Jordan. And rumor has it that should the Warriors sign Tyson Chandler, they will release Biedrins.

The Spurs already have enough scoring. And should they add Butler, there goes the MLE. Assuming Nene is out of range, then Kaman and Biedrins would address more of the glaring deficiencies that the Spurs currently have along the frontline.

elec99
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Whether or not you like West you have to admit he is the kind of PF pop likes. He stretches the floor cause he is simply deadly with the jumper. Yeah he's short but so are our other PFs, that never stopped pop.
And once the defending 4 is up in his face, West can actually put the ball on the floor unlike bonner for example.
Hey, if we get caron despite coming off surgery, why not another fresh out of the hospital? haha

crc21209
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Why can't Splitter and TD just convince Nene to come here for cheap? :lol

tmtcsc
12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Lots of reasons to pass. None of which have anything to do with Blair or Bonner.

He's coming off a knee injury, doesn't have much height and is an average rebounder. We need a big that can play Defense and Rebound first.

West has a great in-between game but he's more attitude than anything and doesn't run the floor very well.

Yeah, pass.

Mel_13
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Kaman and Biedrins are viable options that first come to mind. In the case of Kaman, he could probably be had via trade - provided the Clips resign Deandre Jordan. And rumor has it that should the Warriors sign Tyson Chandler, they will release Biedrins.

The Spurs already have enough scoring. And should they add Butler, there goes the MLE. Assuming Nene is out of range, then Kaman and Biedrins would address more of the glaring deficiencies that the Spurs currently have along the frontline.

The Spurs don't have the assets to trade for Kaman.

If Biedrins is released via amnesty, he'll be claimed by a team with cap space.

West, while far from perfect, has the advantage of being available.

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
The Spurs don't have the assets to trade for Kaman.

If Biedrins is released via amnesty, he'll be claimed by a team with cap space.

West, while far from perfect, has the advantage of being available.

That may be true, however West is most certainly looking for a big payday. Depending upon whose got cap space, West could very well be looking to command as much as Kaman is making (12 mil).

I'm not against West from a talent perspective, I just don't think he brings enough size and the other intangible aspects that the Spurs so desparately need, that a true PF/C can provide.

Mel_13
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I just don't think he brings enough size and the other intangible aspects that the Spurs so desparately need, that a true PF/C can provide.

That may be true, but if that's the standard for a PF/C acquisition then we should be prepared to go forward with the bigs we have.

dunkman
12-07-2011, 06:43 PM

The problems with the Duncan/Dice/Bonner bigman rotation was lack of scoring, not only that Bonner does nothing defensively. West/Duncan/Splitter rotation should be much better both defensively and offensively. West was a legit all-star prior to his injury, so he could have neutralized Z-Bo's production.

Another detail with the roster was that the Spurs never signed an wing defender, while Memphis had two elite wing defenders.

Signing a player like West would be huge for the Spurs, but the team never signed an all-star big while Duncan was in his prime and the team a top contender, so I doubt it will happen, but who knows.

Obstructed_View
12-07-2011, 06:55 PM
West has all-star talent, has about the best mid-range jumper in the NBA, and is a legit power forward. The only prayer the Spurs would have of getting him is if his knee has really diminished his value or if he really really really wants to be a Spur. If either of those happens and he becomes available, you pull the trigger on that in a second without thinking about it, because it's the bargain of the year. Seriously. Dude should be commanding WAY more than the Spurs can afford.

That said, I don't like him personally, but when I think about Robert Horry pushing him in the back, I feel a little better.

portnoy1
12-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat. He is career 16 an 7 player. Not to mention that he's had better numbers than that over the last 3yrs. Also 7-8 rebounds a game is fine if he is the secondary rebounder with Duncan being number 1.

gospursgojas
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM
No thanks.

Correction....Hell naw!

ElNono
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM

I'll take West over Kaman and Biedrins. Biedrins especially is a mental midget.

Mugen
12-07-2011, 07:27 PM
people who say pass on West are nuts. Guy routinely torches us when he plays.

Nene > West > Kaman > Biedrins

Spurs have a tiny chance of getting any one of the above but that's the order.

Ice009
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I'll take West over Kaman and Biedrins. Biedrins especially is a mental midget.

I agree, sorry SenorSpur, but I don't want anymore players that are soft or mental midgets.

I want the Spurs to get back to signing tougher, aggressive players and David West with all this flaws fits the bill better than those two.

Nathan89
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Spurs will not take on the contract of Biedrins. The only chance would be if he were amnestied.

objective
12-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Kaman's trade kicker would make his incoming salary 14.6

Spurs would be forced to include one of the big three.

Ice009
12-07-2011, 08:38 PM

If that is the case, no way am I interested in Kaman for that type of money. I'll pass.

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 10:21 PM
I agree, sorry SenorSpur, but I don't want anymore players that are soft or mental midgets.

I want the Spurs to get back to signing tougher, aggressive players and David West with all this flaws fits the bill better than those two.

Do you feel as though West is a mentally tough player?

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM

If that's the case, there goes another option off the table.

ChuckD
12-07-2011, 10:31 PM
We really have no chance to land a "name" big man now that RJ's contract ballast is gone.

SenorSpur
12-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I just can't see the Spurs loading up to make another supposed championship run, and not address their biggest weakness - the frontline.

Russ
12-07-2011, 10:48 PM
We really have no chance to land a "name" big man now that RJ's contract ballast is gone.

Dwight Howard is available. He loves SA and thinks LA is boring.

Spurtacus
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
For the money he's going to want I would rather have someone younger with more potential.

ChuckD
12-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Dwight Howard is available. He loves SA and thinks LA is boring.

You forgot the blue.

gospursgojas
12-07-2011, 11:04 PM

Even in getting rid of him....he screwed us. Dam rj.

portnoy1
12-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Even in getting rid of him....he screwed us. Dam rj.
Curse him cause he was made to change his entire game to support a shoot first point guard.
curse him cause he made the spurs trade for him and also give him a new contract.
yep its all rjs fault. I guess the numbers he put up with the nets and bucks for the last 8 seasons was a fluke.

ChuckD
12-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Curse him cause he was made to change his entire game to support a shoot first point guard.
curse him cause he made the spurs trade for him and also give him a new contract.
yep its all rjs fault. I guess the numbers he put up with the nets and bucks for the last 8 seasons was a fluke.

The main problem I have with RJ is that he thought moving down the totem pole to the fourth option meant sitting back and watching. When he had to do something, he seemed lost. Some players struggle with a truly supporting role, and you can't know that in advance. I really think he could score 18-20 points on a team that needs scoring from the wing. It's not his fault, it's not the front office's fault. It was just a bad fit from the start.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2011, 12:45 AM
how about okafor trade? isnt NOH rebuildin and clearin the roster

MR.SILVER&BLack
12-08-2011, 12:53 AM
seems like Spurs last chance at getting a Solid starting big next to TD. im all for it.

TimmehC
12-08-2011, 12:55 AM
^ Spurs already have two C's in Tim and Tiago (two and a half if you count Blair). They need a true PF who can defend face-up bigs and the PnR.

MR.SILVER&BLack
12-08-2011, 12:57 AM
^ Spurs already have two C's in Tim and Tiago (two and a half if you count Blair). They need a true PF who can defend face-up bigs and the PnR.
other than an attempt at Jason Thompson really so other chance at a quality big without moving Parker.

DMC
12-08-2011, 01:22 AM
"He's a jerk."

So is Kobe. So is Bynum.... so is Garnet. So is Jason Terry. See the trend here?
So you're saying all black guys are jerks?

DMC
12-08-2011, 01:23 AM
I like West. He's a good shooter and we've had a hell of a time stopping him in the past. I don't know his health, or how well he does on defense (can't be worse than Bonner, and his shooting would make up for a good deal of slack at the other end).

I would go for that.

Fireball
12-08-2011, 06:46 AM
I like West. He's a good shooter and we've had a hell of a time stopping him in the past. I don't know his health, or how well he does on defense (can't be worse than Bonner, and his shooting would make up for a good deal of slack at the other end).

West is not a good man-2-man defender, but the Hornets were a very good defensive team last year, so I guess West might do good within a team defense of the Spurs ... if we can develop something like that again :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2011, 07:10 AM
i thought we needed more defense, why we going after scorers? go back to grass roots...

ChuckD
12-08-2011, 08:01 AM

With Jefferson being amnestied, you would have to send out half the roster to match his contract, replacing them with minimum salary d-leaguers, or break up the big 3.

ace3g
12-08-2011, 06:29 PM
based on the latest trade rumors, supposedly the Hornets will have to get rid of West to make Laker trade work

urunobili
12-08-2011, 07:16 PM
All time Spurs killer. wouldn't mind for the right money, though he'll command much more.

Russ
12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
This guy might help the Spurs much more than Butler or Hill.

The Spurs need a big.

You putt for dough and this guy can make those 4 footers.

turkish spurs fan
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
noh will have 3pf, david west, scola, lamar odom. too many.

Mel_13
12-08-2011, 08:49 PM
noh will have 3pf, david west, scola, lamar odom. too many.

They have to renounce West to make the trade. They'll have Scola and Odom.

Mel_13
12-08-2011, 08:50 PM
And renouncing West ends any chance of sign and trade for West, which means the Spurs now have zero chance of getting West.

12-08-2011, 09:21 PM
adding a black hole on the spurs definitely will not help.

G-Dawgg
12-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Black hole? You mean a 6-9 banger with a deadly jumper form 20ft who can post and rebound wont help?

He'd be a good replacement for Antonio McDyess... He's a tough, rugged power forward with the same height and size as McDyess, has the same type of range and accuracy on his jumper but he's much younger and better... I'd take him on this team.

GSH
12-09-2011, 04:28 AM
They have to renounce West to make the trade. They'll have Scola and Odom.

Isn't West unrestricted? They can pay him more than anyone else, but there's nothing to renounce. I could be wrong, but I think the only restricted FA the Hornets have is Bellinelli.

Mel_13
12-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Isn't West unrestricted? They can pay him more than anyone else, but there's nothing to renounce. I could be wrong, but I think the only restricted FA the Hornets have is Bellinelli.

Free agents generate cap holds until they are signed or renounced. The amount of those cap holds are determined by the CBA according to the player's status. For a team to use cap space they may have to renounce their rights to some or all of those players.

See each team page on Shamsports. Below the salary information, you will see the cap holds for each team:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/index.jsp

MaNu4Tres
12-09-2011, 05:45 AM
Free agents generate cap holds until they are signed or renounced. The amount of those cap holds are determined by the CBA according to the player's status. For a team to use cap space they may have to renounce their rights to some or all of those players.

See each team page on Shamsports. Below the salary information, you will see the cap holds for each team:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/index.jsp

Mornin' Mel

:wakeup

Mel_13
12-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Mornin' Mel

:wakeup

sup Tres

12-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Black hole? You mean a 6-9 banger with a deadly jumper form 20ft who can post and rebound wont help?
??? on the he can rebound part. west is an average rebounder at best for his position. his rebounds per40 would be the second worst on the spurs (last being bonner). he's also a little bit undersized for his position. it would be hard to pair him with any other big other than duncan. a blair/west, mcdyess (assuming he stays for now)/west, bonner/west combination would all be pretty disastrous defensively. maybe splitter/west can become somewhat decent.

NO fans wanted to strangle this guy just a while ago. they would pass him the ball and watch it disappear. it's no coincidence NO looked so good against the lakers during the playoffs without west.

west only looks appealing to spur fans because he always goes crazy against the spurs. but the reality is that he's already 31 and could go the same career trajectory like lewis and jamison.

cheguevara
12-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm on the David West to Spurs wagon. Do this shit RC

portnoy1
12-09-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm on the David West to Spurs wagon. Do this shit RC
He can play 30-35 minutes a game for 66gms. That answers alot of questions right there. Dice, Bonner and Blair can't play those type of minutes for one reason or another. Dice (Age) Blair(height) Bonner(bonner).

Big man rotation West/Duncan/Splitter with other guys filling in that backup PF for west game to game as needed. The problem Pop has had is that guys are filling that starting PF spot as needed. You cant do that with a starting position, but with a backup that plays 10-15minutes a game yes!

portnoy1
12-09-2011, 03:05 PM
6-9 Is not undersized for a pf, and he avgs 8rpg last season on a team that had other good rebounders. All I know is the guy can play, he killed us, he killed LA, Dal......hes a baller.

He can be paired with TD, Splitter or Dice who will likely not play next year anyway. The guy can defend and score in the post as well as shoot it. He is the best option we have left baring some off the wall trade.
This.

Okafor was their main rebounder last few seasons with 10 and before that it was Chandler with around 10. West is a secondary rebounder with mobility and a he is known as the "17ft assasin" cause of his deadly jumpshot. Duncan can get his 10rbs while west gets 7-8 and wouldn't constantly need help from Duncan on defense.

SCdac
12-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd take West on the Spurs for the MLE in a heartbeat (don't see it happening though). He's injury prone, but in the last two seasons, West had 24+ games of twenty points and about a handful of thirty point games in each, definitely a capable scorer compared to the rest of our squad. The Spurs aren't good enough on offense to be able to rely on defense to win games anymore. As strange as that sounds. I think it all boils down to Duncan. His scoring has dropped dramatically both in the regular and post-season, and it's something the team will have to address. Also we lost our our young 4th leading scorer of the last two seasons (Hill), and Manu and parker aren't getting any younger.

Fireball
12-09-2011, 04:09 PM
The Spurs aren't good enough on offense to be able to rely on defense to win games anymore. As strange as that sounds.

You're right - that does sound strange, especially considering their offensive efficiency last season ...

portnoy1
12-09-2011, 04:18 PM
You're right - that does sound strange, especially considering their offensive efficiency last season ...
Let me ask you a question as to efficiency. Whats more efficient,

1 -Throwing the ball into Duncan and Robinson, shooting 6/15 from 3(40%) and beating a team 85-80

2 - Spreading the floor for Parker to drive and shooting 12/30 from 3(40%) and beating a team 115 to 110

Seventyniner
12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Let me ask you a question as to efficiency. Whats more efficient,

1 -Throwing the ball into Duncan and Robinson, shooting 6/15 from 3(40%) and beating a team 85-80

2 - Spreading the floor for Parker to drive and shooting 12/30 from 3(40%) and beating a team 115 to 110

I don't think throwing the ball to Robinson is a good idea; he's sitting in the 3rd row. That's a turnover.

portnoy1
12-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't think throwing the ball to Robinson is a good idea; he's sitting in the 3rd row. That's a turnover.
To be more specific I was talking about the Spurs during the 01'02'03' seasons and comparing it to now.

Seventyniner
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM
To be more specific I was talking about the Spurs during the 01'02'03' seasons and comparing it to now.

I see. The problem is that nobody of David's caliber is available to the Spurs, so you're acting like there's a choice when there really isn't one. The Spurs only have the MLE to use, and nobody wants RJ, so hopefully you understand why the pickings are slim.

portnoy1
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I see. The problem is that nobody of David's caliber is available to the Spurs, so you're acting like there's a choice when there really isn't one. The Spurs only have the MLE to use, and nobody wants RJ, so hopefully you understand why the pickings are slim.
True, but D West solve alot of problems, and put people in there place.

tmtcsc
12-09-2011, 04:41 PM
The only play David West is in is The Nutcracker Suite.

angelbelow
12-09-2011, 04:52 PM
How is David West supposed to turn into Karl Malone if hes playing for us????

Obstructed_View
12-09-2011, 05:18 PM

OMG I laughed so hard at this post. :toast

dbestpro
12-09-2011, 11:47 PM
West going to Boston for crap. I think I preferred the lockout. We seemed to have a more competitive front office when they were not there.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2011, 01:14 AM
West going to Boston for more than 10 mil a year. Wondering what hocus pocus people expected from the Spurs' FO.

tmtcsc
12-10-2011, 01:18 AM
West to the Celtics for 10 Mil a year ? That's crazy. No thanks. His injury was no joke.

Garnett - C
West - PF
Pierce - SF
Rondo - PG
Allen - SG

Celts need to worry about getting past Bulls and Miami. Can this lineup do it ?

mystargtr34
12-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Yea so far every free agent that has chosen somebody else over the Spurs has done so logically. Why would anyone take a pay cut to play for the Spurs? Unless its a veteran who has already made his money. The Spurs havent been able to compete because they are stuck with the MLE while other teams are offering more than the MLE. Pretty simple to me.

Besides im not overly concerned with the SF situation even if RJ is amnestied. Sign a minimum SF if you have to and live with Leonard, JA and min. Im far more concerned with what the FO does about the bigman rotation. That will make or break the season.

MaNu4Tres
12-10-2011, 06:08 AM
West going to Boston for more than 10 mil a year. Wondering what hocus pocus people expected from the Spurs' FO.

West actually signed for 3 year 27-29 million.

Factor in his deal, most likely being back-loaded (per usual), and the Spurs just had to trade around 8 million in salary (Dyess/Blair/Butler) to match the first year of his back-loaded contract.

Surely the Spurs could have done better than the expiring corpse of Jermaine O'Neal, no? That is if David West wanted to come to SA, which he obviously did not.

Fireball
12-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Rondos assist nummbers will increase even more ... I mean is there a Celtic besides him who does not have a deadly midrange jump shot?

Spurs Brazil
12-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Free-agent buzz: Celtics near deal with West
Yahoo! Sports Staff

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports Staff 3 hours, 36 minutes ago

Free-agent forward David West is nearing an agreement to join the Boston Celtics on a three-year deal that will pay him between $27 million and $29 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics are working to complete a sign-and-trade deal with the New Orleans Hornets, and are expected to include center Jermaine O’Neal and guard Sasha Pavlovic. The Hornets are believed to have a third team willing to take O’Neal, the veteran center.

The move would leave the Celtics without a true center, and West would likely play most of his minutes at power forward.

West, 31, tore his left anterior cruciate ligament late last season with the Hornets, but says his knee has recovered. He averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 70 games last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aocp8RiS8I73qVMu7LzmHza8vLYF?slug=ys-nba_free_agent_buzz_120911

The_Worlds_finest
12-10-2011, 06:37 AM
for the love of god please dont let the spurs be the interested 3rd team.

elemento
12-10-2011, 10:07 AM
How long until we bring Oberto back for the min ?

mountainballer
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
West to the Celtics for 10 Mil a year ? That's crazy. No thanks. His injury was no joke.

Garnett - C
West - PF
Pierce - SF
Rondo - PG
Allen - SG

Celts need to worry about getting past Bulls and Miami. Can this lineup do it ?

you don't need a center to defend Heat when they don't have a center. you put KG on Bosh and they don't have an existing front court any longer.
Jeff Green on Lebron isn't a bad idea, whenever they go small.

you don't need lenghts you need a strong guy to defend Boozer, so you put Bass on him. KG on Noah and this question is answered.

yes, this Celtics line up can do it.

rascal
12-10-2011, 12:39 PM
West actually signed for 3 year 27-29 million.

Factor in his deal, most likely being back-loaded (per usual), and the Spurs just had to trade around 8 million in salary (Dyess/Blair/Butler) to match the first year of his back-loaded contract.

Surely the Spurs could have done better than the expiring corpse of Jermaine O'Neal, no? That is if David West wanted to come to SA, which he obviously did not.

Who wants to join the sinking ship that the San Antonio Spurs are.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Who wants to join the sinking ship that the San Antonio Spurs are.

When are you leaving?

rascal
12-10-2011, 12:42 PM
When are you leaving?

I will be a fan even when the team is in St. Louis.
Maybe they will have a better front office than the current one.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM

But it's a sinking ship! :dramaquee

rascal
12-10-2011, 12:44 PM
But it's a sinking ship! :dramaquee

Sure is. As Duncan goes so do the Spurs.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-10-2011, 12:45 PM
you don't need a center to defend Heat when they don't have a center. you put KG on Bosh and they don't have an existing front court any longer.
Jeff Green on Lebron isn't a bad idea, whenever they go small.

you don't need lenghts you need a strong guy to defend Boozer, so you put Bass on him. KG on Noah and this question is answered.

yes, this Celtics line up can do it.

no, but you need a center to BEAT them.

Celtic match up very nicely against the Heat with this line-up.
Which suits the Heat just fine, because they have the better players.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Sure is. As Duncan goes so do the Spurs.

You gotta be pretty stupid to stay on a sinking ship...

rascal
12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
You gotta be pretty stupid to stay on a sinking ship...

Bingo! That is why the top players available are not considering San Antonio.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Bingo! That is why the top players available are not considering San Antonio.

Why are you sticking around?

Can you stop posting until they move to St Louis?

TXstbobcat
12-10-2011, 01:11 PM

I wouldn't say that the spurs are a sinking ship and the team isn't moving to St. Louis.

mountainballer
12-10-2011, 01:32 PM
no, but you need a center to BEAT them.

Celtic match up very nicely against the Heat with this line-up.
Which suits the Heat just fine, because they have the better players.

hmmm. yes, they do have the 2 best players.

on the other hand...

KG is better than Bosh
West is better than Haslem
Rondo is better than Chalmers
Green is better than Battier
Dooling is better than House
Bass is better than Anthony
Wilcox is better than Curry

Miller is still an open issue,

so yes, the Celtics do have a chance. I don't claim they are better, they likely are not, but they have a chance.

oh, I forgot, my man James Jones of course wins his match up with Daniels.

tmtcsc
12-10-2011, 03:27 PM
hmmm. yes, they do have the 2 best players.

on the other hand...

KG is better than Bosh (Not anymore)
West is better than Haslem (No one has seen him play since injury)
Rondo is better than Chalmers
Green is better than Battier ( I don't agree)
Dooling is better than House
Bass is better than Anthony
Wilcox is better than Curry

Miller is still an open issue, (He's out for a while again)

so yes, the Celtics do have a chance. I don't claim they are better, they likely are not, but they have a chance.

oh, I forgot, my man James Jones of course wins his match up with Daniels.

Your avatar is hilarious.