PDA

View Full Version : Some changes in ref rule interpretation and D League changes

ace3g
12-08-2011, 12:33 AM
RicBucher Ric Bucher
Tired of shooters lunging into defenders or swinging arms to get shooting fouls? So is Stu Jackson and Co. Continuation rule re-interpreted.
15 seconds ago

Ric Bucher
RicBucher Ric Bucher
Link to tidbits from today's NBA Ref Camp coming shortly. Eight-second violation will now occur with 15 on shot clock. Explanation in story.

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Provision in new CBA for voluntary demotion, where a player can request to play in the D-League for circumstances like injury rehab.

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
New D-League rules, per NBPA memo: Players with three years of service or less are eligible to be demoted. Used to be two.

Mel_13
12-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Some more details here:

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/11838893

Nathan89
12-08-2011, 12:47 AM
RicBucher Ric Bucher
Tired of shooters lunging into defenders or swinging arms to get shooting fouls? So is Stu Jackson and Co. Continuation rule re-interpreted.
15 seconds ago

Durant=f:lolcked

Didn't like that shit.

Mel_13
12-08-2011, 12:50 AM
12 page letter from Hunter to players with proposed CBA:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_JqVMjKAfLYMGJmYjEwN2QtODY2NS00YmJkLWE5ODg tOTA5MGJjMWJhNmEx&hl=en_US

tim_duncan_fan
12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
We'll see how well it's enforced.

I'm betting that when it comes down to the last few plays of the game, your Kobes, Wades and Roses will be allowed to jump into defenders to bail themselves out.

TDMVPDPOY
12-08-2011, 12:54 AM
there should a rule for wankers driving into the lane with circus shots tryin to draw a foul with a fluke layup....should allow the defender to play more freely or attempt to block shots

Bruno
12-08-2011, 01:01 AM
The D-League system is the same except that more players are eligible to play there.

If they had created an hybrid system, Spurs could have used it right now with Richards and Bertans. They will likely both stay in Europe with the system unchanged.

DMC
12-08-2011, 01:20 AM
When refs are given the freedom to decide, nothing is going to change. They had that freedom already.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 01:26 AM
The D-League system is the same except that more players are eligible to play there.

If they had created an hybrid system, Spurs could have used it right now with Richards and Bertans. They will likely both stay in Europe with the system unchanged.I could see Richards' coming over to put himself in the available player pool and going to the Toros in a straight signing or a trade if they aren't first in line. Bertans looks like he's in a great situation getting regular minutes in Euroleague and the Adriatic league.

GSH
12-08-2011, 01:42 AM
RicBucher Ric Bucher

Oh helll yeah!!! The sideways lunge into a defender has almost made me throw things through the television a few times in the last couple of seasons.

Now if they would only start calling travelling. But that will never happen, because a lot (maybe majority?) of the highlight reel plays would be impossible if players weren't carrying the ball.

I'll take what I can get. It's bullshit when a defender isn't safe standing to the side of a shooter.

Bruno
12-08-2011, 01:48 AM
I could see Richards' coming over to put himself in the available player pool and going to the Toros in a straight signing or a trade if they aren't first in line. Bertans looks like he's in a great situation getting regular minutes in Euroleague and the Adriatic league.

I forgot that Richards could enter in the D-League by himself but some kind of hybrid system would have been perfect for him.

Bertans isn't in a that great situation. His team is having big financial troubles and has still lost its best players. If it continues, Bertans could go elsewhere too.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 01:58 AM
I forgot that Richards could enter in the D-League by himself but some kind of hybrid system would have been perfect for him.Yeah, if any team pulls that this year, it will be the Spurs.

Bertans isn't in a that great situation. His team is having big financial troubles and has still lost its best players. If it continues, Bertans could go elsewhere too.If he's getting paid and the minutes are good, trying to see the downside for now.

baseline bum
12-08-2011, 02:13 AM
I like the provision in the 2011 CBA that allows non taxpaying teams to take back in trade 150% of salary shipped out; I hate seeing players have to constantly be thrown into deals strictly to make the numbers match, though the 2005 CBA wasn't nearly as bad as the 1999 one in this regard.

Bruno
12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
If he's getting paid and the minutes are good, trying to see the downside for now.

It's a big if. Odds are high that he currently isn't fully paid and/or not in time.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2011, 02:27 AM
It's a big if. Odds are high that he currently isn't fully paid and/or not in time.OK, I can see that's a problem. If he ends up on a team at the same level playing the same role, there wouldn't be any reason for him to go to the D-League, where the level of play has dropped off so far this season.

timvp
12-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I was hoping for better changes to the D League rules. As it stands, the Toros remain irrelevant. They haven't produced anything of note for the Spurs in their existence.

Maybe that will change if veterans are open to the idea of using the D League for rehab ... but I doubt that will happen.

MaNu4Tres
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
RicBucher Ric Bucher
15 seconds ago

There goes 99% of Kevin Martin's offense.

gospursgojas
12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
There goes 99% of Kevin Martin's offense.

This, this, and this.