PDA

View Full Version : Turiaf?

ElNono
12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
KBergCBS Ken Berger
If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.

Do you think he would be a good fit? What does his contract look like?

mexpurs21
12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I like him for being an energy center off the bench but only for 10 or 15 minutes

Anonymous Cowherd
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Turiaf would be a S&T with Dallas for Chandler, with Billups being amnestied.

ElNono
12-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Turiaf would be a S&T with Dallas for Chandler, with Billups being amnestied.

oh, never mind then...

cheguevara
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
he's a midget like Blair

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Not at all.

swaggerjackson
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Trade Dice for him so they can cut him? (magically) Saves them roughly 2 million. Not likely just throwing it out.

Sense
12-08-2011, 06:13 PM
KBergCBS Ken Berger
If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.

Do you think he would be a good fit? What does his contract look like?

You guys are serious with this shit?

Turiaf? :lol

Thompson
12-08-2011, 10:46 PM
What ever happened to Przybilla? Did he recover from that knee injury?

The Spurs wanted him at one point. He's 7'1", it'd be nice to have an actual center play center.

ElNono
12-08-2011, 10:48 PM
You guys are serious with this shit?

Turiaf? :lol

Well, you know. We ain't landing Dwight Howard, Chandler or Nene, and we're still trotting out Blair and Bonner... I think it would be an upgrade defensively from those two.

TD 21
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Bump . . .

I wouldn't be surprised if Turiaf get's bought out post trade deadline, presuming they don't trade him of course. He's the ideal candidate, as a veteran on a lottery bound team and playing for a team loaded with young players at his position.

Unlike most sought after players, the Spurs should have the inside track with him, mainly due to him and Parker being good friends, but also because, with the Clippers adding Martin, it's virtually inarguable (barring injury) that the Spurs are most in need of a big out of potential contenders.

He'd be a solid addition. Even though Pop still probably wouldn't start Splitter, he'd at least be able to, while still having rim protection off the bench. Either way, he'd be a better fit than Blair, while allowing them to not burn any trade assets or eat into next season's cap space.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Turiaf is Blair.

DAF86
02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I like Turiaf.

urunobili
02-05-2012, 07:54 PM
turiaf is a taller blair.
fify

TD 21
02-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Turiaf is Blair.

Not at all. Turiaf is 6'9.25 in shoes. He has a decent mid range jumper, is a versatile defender, a good shot blocker and a poor rebounder.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Not at all. Turiaf is 6'9.25 in shoes. He has a decent mid range jumper, is a versatile defender, a good shot blocker and a poor rebounder.

So, we exchange more defense, poorer rebounding, and 4.5X Blair's salary? Where do I sign? :rolleyes:rolleyes

will_spurs
02-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Turiaf has contagious energy, which I feel could be useful for the Spurs. Not really an upgrade, though, more like a lateral move at this point.

TD 21
02-05-2012, 08:42 PM
So, we exchange more defense, poorer rebounding, and 4.5X Blair's salary? Where do I sign? :rolleyes:rolleyes

Just another clown that can't read. I made it clear that I saw him as a buyout candidate post trade deadline. I never said "go and give up assets for him". Before you nitpick him to death, find a better big who's a potential post trade deadline buyout candidate. And I mean one who'd actually consider the Spurs and not just pretend to out of respect or to drive up their value.

He's bigger, a better shooter and defender than Blair. Yeah, they'd lose rebounding in their rotation, but that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make, considering what he'd enable them to do (start Splitter). If his lack of rebounding ends up hurting them more than the rest of his game ends up helping them, they could always go back to Blair, though. But at least they'd have another option.

Leetonidas
02-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Blair has sucked massively in terms of rebounding since his second year. How did this guy ever put up multiple 20/20 games as a rookie? When was the last time he even grabbed 10 rebounds

will_spurs
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Blair has sucked massively in terms of rebounding since his second year. How did this guy ever put up multiple 20/20 games as a rookie? When was the last time he even grabbed 10 rebounds

Grabbed 10+ rebounds 4 times this season already (all of them double-double, actually). Last time on Jan 13.

Only has two 20-20 games (which isn't that bad of course :) )

41 games total with 10+ rebounds.

Full list here (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player=blairde01&match=game&year_min=&year_max=2012&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_G=&pos_is_GF=&pos_is_F=&pos_is_FG=&pos_is_FC=&pos_is_C=&pos_is_CF=&c1stat=trb&c1comp=gt&c1val=10&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts)

The main issue isn't Blair's "best" but Blair's "average". He is extremely inconsistent.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Without a decent big to add to the rotation the Spurs will have 0 chance of even making the Finals.

At least an additional shot blocker/rebounder, even if it doesn't mean Tiago starting (which I hope it would) greatly helps the Spurs chances.

Proxy
02-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Any chance Dice returns in the fashion Glen Robinson joined us?

Paranoid Pop
02-05-2012, 10:18 PM
What about fat Diaw, a fatty for a fatty.

Leetonidas
02-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I wish Dyess would've stayed. He'd be good off the bench with Tiago

jjktkk
02-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Definitely be interested in Turiaf.

spurs4real
02-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Ive always loved Turiaf, he is DeFiNaTeLy an upgrade even if he is the same size a s Blair.

Ditty
02-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Turiaf is listed at 6'10, but I would like him as our 5th big, or possibly move up to take Blair's spot in the lineup.

Duncan/Splitter
Turiaf/Bonner/Blair
Jefferson/Leonard/Green
Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Ford

is a solid all around team.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Turiaf is listed at 6'10, but I would like him as our 5th big, or possibly move up to take Blair's spot in the lineup.

Duncan/Splitter
Turiaf/Bonner/Blair
Jefferson/Leonard/Green
Ginobili/Neal
Parker/Ford

is a solid all around team.

You'd "possibly" like him to take Blair's spot? How much more awful can Blair be to make it unequivocal for you?

Ditty
02-06-2012, 03:30 AM
I don't know,I don't make the rotations. :rolleyes

I'm justing saying what could happen if Turiaf even gets released, and even sign with us. I know Blair has been playing shitty, that why I mentioned taking his spot if he continues to struggle.

TJastal
02-06-2012, 03:37 AM
I don't know,I don't make the rotations. :rolleyes

I'm justing saying what could happen if Turiaf even gets released, and even sign with us. I know Blair has been playing shitty, that why I mentioned taking his spot if he continues to struggle.

Well, there's no doubt in my mind who would be hitting the bench if the spurs were fortunate enough to acquire Turiaf. I haven't seen a positive grade for Blair since last year. At this point Roseanne Barr would be an upgrade over Blair.

Bruno
02-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Spurs need to be better defensively and to do so they must change their bigmen rotation.

The first way to do it would to get a starting PF and start him alongside Duncan. Splitter would get most of the backup minutes. Blair or Bonner would play the remaining minutes.
The second way to do it would be to get a backup center. Duncan and Splitter woudl start and Bonner or Blair would be the backup PF.

The first way may be the best basketball wise but it's the harder to do. Signing Turiaf (if he is waived) could be a cheap way to take the second road. Turiaf is a capable defensive minded backup center.

And once Manu is back, Kawhi should continue to start. Parker/Ginobili/Leonard/Splitter/Duncan would be a good starting unit.

Rummpd
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Trade Blair for Turiaf and i am all for this, otherwise we risk further limitations of Splitter's minutes by Pop in trying to use 5 bigs.

TD 21
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Spurs need to be better defensively and to do so they must change their bigmen rotation.

The first way to do it would to get a starting PF and start him alongside Duncan. Splitter would get most of the backup minutes. Blair or Bonner would play the remaining minutes.
The second way to do it would be to get a backup center. Duncan and Splitter woudl start and Bonner or Blair would be the backup PF.

The first way may be the best basketball wise but it's the harder to do. Signing Turiaf (if he is waived) could be a cheap way to take the second road. Turiaf is a capable defensive minded backup center.

And once Manu is back, Kawhi should continue to start. Parker/Ginobili/Leonard/Splitter/Duncan would be a good starting unit.

I don't disagree, but it's difficult to imagine Pop starting two non shooters with the big three.

The good thing about Turiaf is -- unlike many bigs who were drafted primarily as power forwards, but who are now best as centers -- he can still easily play power forward, because of his mobility and his shooting. So they could start him and utilize him and Splitter how the Heat do Anthony and Haslem. Haslem is the second big and as such, he plays more minutes and closes games. But Anthony is a better fit to start next to Bosh, so he plays the first 9-10 minutes of each half.

BRs.Ganso
02-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Turiaf is too bad

Hooks
02-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Turiaf is too bad

Offensively yes but he's a solid defensive player, he'd be an instant upgrade over Blair who turns everybody he's guarding into a superstar.

sehui
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm all for obtaining Turiaf by getting rid of Dejuan Blair.

It's not like I dislike Dejuan, but Turiaf is a much better player. SA has never had a true "energy" player like Turiaf. Most of our bench and young'ns give instant offense through the 3-ball, not by intensity or crazy defensive demeanor.

ThaBigFundamental21
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Turiaf? Seriously, please God, NO! Do people really want this trash on the team??? The point is to get better, not spend money and make lateral moves, if not downgrading with Turiaf. The Spurs would be better off not signing this trash and waiting to make a serious move when Duncan signs a new realistic deal, and Jefferson gets amnestied.