PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler is so overrated

MavFan6488
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
look at his stats during the playoffs last season, 8 pts (most of them alley-oops from kidd or putback dunks) and 9 rebounds in 32 minutes per game. seriously, even erick dampier could do that, if not better. during the 2006 playoffs, dampier averaged 5 points and 7 rebounds in only 24 minutes. Dirk was by far the biggest reason we won the championship last year.
people don't realize it but i'm glad mark cuban does. no need to overpay an average center at best. he's a vocal guy, that's the only reason people in
dallas were so hyped about him.

tyson chandler has to thank dirk for the big contract he'll receive. without dirk there's no way last years team even makes the playoffs.

DMC
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Defense is overrated in the Finals.

Monostradamus
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
look at his stats during the playoffs last season, 8 pts (most of them alley-oops from kidd or putback dunks) and 9 rebounds in 32 minutes per game. seriously, even erick dampier could do that, if not better. during the 2006 playoffs, dampier averaged 5 points and 7 rebounds in only 24 minutes. Dirk was by far the biggest reason we won the championship last year.
people don't realize it but i'm glad mark cuban does. no need to overpay an average center at best. he's a vocal guy, that's the only reason people in
dallas were so hyped about him.

tyson chandler has to thank dirk for the big contract he'll receive. without dirk there's no way last years team even makes the playoffs.

5PDuqk_DSMw

Stalin
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
lol mavfan turning on the guy that took them over the hump, something dirk could never do in over a decade of choking, even with all of his stacked teams, and cuban wallet

stretch
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
It sucks to lose Chandler, but I think most Mavs fans are forgetting that a happy (starting) Brendan Haywood is a very solid center. He may not bring the complete team-defense or the ferocious spirit that Tyson brought, but Haywood is more than servicable. He's probably still a top 10 center in the league, and certainly capable of averaging a double double if given 32 minutes a game.

But just because Chandler chose to left, doesn't mean we have to trash him to make ourselves feel better. Be grateful that he was here and was a MAJOR part of that championship team.

He chose (or will most certainly choose) another contract, and had every right to. Deal with it.

clambake
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
lol mavfan turning on the guy that took them over the hump, something dirk could never do in over a decade of choking, even with all of his stacked teams, and cuban wallet

i'm not turning on him. i think it sucks.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Where's that "Statgeek" guy from ElNoNo's post? :lol

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah, but chemistry is priceless.

Tell that to Ainge...

MavFan6488
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
But just because Chandler chose to left, doesn't mean we have to trash him to make ourselves feel better. Be grateful that he was here and was a MAJOR part of that championship team.
i'm not trashing him. i'm just telling the truth. people act like he was the main reason we won the 'ship, but he was not. even defensively in the finals, marion and kidd were more important than him.

stretch
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Marion and Kidd may have been more noticable in the defensive jobs they did, but they would not be able to defend as aggressively as they did if it wasnt for offensive players fearing Chandler's great ability to clean up in the paint. Having Chandler inside definitely made a massive difference in how teams would try to attack the Mavericks.

stretch
12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
his stats weren't big, but he had a BIG court presence, which is often more important than stats, much like what Jason Kidd brings to the table. Or even what Dirk brings to the table that goes unseen on stats, in the incredible mismatches all over the floor that he creates.

Stalin
12-08-2011, 05:44 PM
i'm not turning on him. i think it sucks.

you suck

MavFan6488
12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
his stats weren't big, but he had a BIG court presence, which is often more important than stats, much like what Jason Kidd brings to the table. Or even what Dirk brings to the table that goes unseen on stats, in the incredible mismatches all over the floor that he creates.
our defensive scheme worked, it wasn't just tyson chandler. give credit to our coaching staff last season, they did a tremendous job in my opinion. it
was help defense at it's best. since training camp they worked on it to perfection. the players learned how to play the zone defense effectively.
i think carlisle made tyson a starter over haywood because he wasn't nessecarily the better center, but a faster learner.

trust me, chandler is replaceable. if he wasn't the mavs would pay anything to keep him.

mavs>spurs
12-08-2011, 06:08 PM
As big of a Big Daddy Tyson fan I am, he's become overrated. Nothing personal, see ya dude thanks for the good memories.

4>0rings
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Revenge of the Nerds.... NOT!!! Lol

Did that just happen?

Ghazi
12-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Chandler is not overrated and Haywood is not a top 10 center.

Mavs without Chandler would still be good but not contenders.

Ghazi
12-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Chandler is not overrated and Haywood is not a top 10 center.

Mavs without Chandler would still be good but not contenders.

stretch
12-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Name 10 centers that are flat out better than Haywood when he is happy.

Ghazi
12-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Howard, Chandler, Nene, Bogut, Bynum, Marc Gasol, Duncan, Horford, Noah

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Did you mean to put Pau and Marc? Otherwise, you only listed 9.

Jacob1983
12-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Chandler is not overrated. He may be overpaid this season and the next few seasons but he's not overrated. He's one of the main reasons why the Mavs have a championship.

12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
i don't know why chandler decided to turn around and stab the mavs in the back. the mavs revived his career, rescued him from the freakin bobcats, and gave him a ring. although lots of money is a good reason to leave.

DMC
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Mark Cuban could be a real prick to work for.

NY is the big time. Dallas, eh...

stretch
12-08-2011, 11:56 PM

Nene, Duncan, Horford, and Noah are all PF's that play center because there are no better centers on their team.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Best of luck to Tyson no doubt, he helped bring a title home. Don't really understand the Knicks thinking, basically killing cap room to go all in for Tyson. Not like they are winning with that core anytime soon

Sean Cagney
12-09-2011, 12:17 AM
name 10 centers that are flat out better than haywood when he is happy.

oh lord lol.......

dude1394
12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
My god, what a stupid post.

m>s
12-09-2011, 11:11 PM
im depressed TC chose to leave but i can understand the decision he made

DMC
12-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Tycoon will make the Knicks much better. You watch.

m>s
12-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Chandler is not overrated. He may be overpaid this season and the next few seasons but he's not overrated. He's one of the main reasons why the Mavs have a championship.

chandler played a key role on our championship run believe it or not. a quality C was always the missing piece of our squad the seasons before his arrival, then we got him and the puzzle was completed. if brendan haywood can get his head out of his butts and start to play like he used to, then the mavs are still a competitive contender. TC's departure is a big loss for them mavs, don't argue about that, but it ain't the end of the world

re-signing TC should've been our priority during the protracted offseason, but i can understand his decision and i wish him best wherever he plays. TC played only one season for them mavs and helped them won the NBA championship, dude just made the right decision on his own behalf and he didn't betray no one. TC earned barely over 10m from mavs and he's worthy of that money, its not like receiving 35 million bucks while not playing at all

Jelloisjigglin
12-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Tycoon will make the Knicks much better. You watch.

One of the best defensive centers in the league. He will indeed.

u4lakers14
12-10-2011, 12:05 AM

are all those guys true centers or is that a bunch of power forwards and a few centers?

mavsfan1000
12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Brendan Haywood... He's probably still a top 10 center in the league,
:lmao

m>s
12-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Nene, Duncan, Horford, and Noah are all PF's that play center because there are no better centers on their team.

in fact there're only about ten true centers in this league, who played their whole careers as centers (not power forwards), and brendan is like the 10th best of them :lol

when hes focused on his game he's still quite a good player but we've never seen the "good" player in him after he signed that lucrative contract. as long as you could afford to give haywood such a huge contract why can't you give TC a similar one? if brandan wright was signed as a replacement for TC, 2nd round would be the ceiling for this team the coming season