PDA

View Full Version : Lakers > Celtics

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 07:50 PM
lol Ainge

Now that's over with, who the hell can the Celtics target now? Dwight is an obvious choice, and his defense would fit in well in Boston, but I doubt we could swing that trade. So do we just resign Glen, Delonte and some aging centers (AGAIN) and hope Rondo suddenly isn't affected by all this trade talk?

At least they're not the most dysfunctional team in Boston. Sox have that won hands down.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh shit, Dooling. Well why even play the season? Might as well hand the Green their number 18. :lmao

pass1st
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Just tank, get a top pick.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Just tank, get a top pick.

We'll actually have a lot of play NEXT year, with KG and Rayray's contracts coming off the books, we can be big spenders. And an aging Paul Pierce, Rondo and Dwight isn't a bad team.

The problem is, if we don't get Dwight, who else is on the market that can be a factor?

Koolaid_Man
12-08-2011, 07:58 PM
lol Ainge

Now that's over with, who the hell can the Celtics target now? Dwight is an obvious choice, and his defense would fit in well in Boston, but I doubt we could swing that trade. So do we just resign Glen, Delonte and some aging centers (AGAIN) and hope Rondo suddenly isn't affected by all this trade talk?

At least they're not the most dysfunctional team in Boston. Sox have that won hands down.

and time you want to go have a beer and talk about it I'm there for you...Cheer up buddy your Big 3 is still potent :hat

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Rumor has it that we got Okafor in the deal as well. Both he and Bynum are packing for Orlando.

Eh, I think Okafor/Bynum still aren't worth Dwight Howard. I'd rather have a mega superstar than two decent C's. How are Okafor/Bynum going to help the Magic?

LnGrrrR
and time you want to go have a beer and talk about it I'm there for you...Cheer up buddy your Big 3 is still potent :hat

Yeah, but they've only got this year. It'd suck to see it go to waste. Wouldn't mind sending out Rayray and KG with another ring.

pass1st
We'll actually have a lot of play NEXT year, with KG and Rayray's contracts coming off the books, we can be big spenders. And an aging Paul Pierce, Rondo and Dwight isn't a bad team.

The problem is, if we don't get Dwight, who else is on the market that can be a factor?

How can you guys get Dwight? Offer Rondo and pieces?

VBM
12-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Eh, I think Okafor/Bynum still aren't worth Dwight Howard. I'd rather have a mega superstar than two decent C's. How are Okafor/Bynum going to help the Magic?

They won't walk away at the end of the season

VBM
12-08-2011, 08:02 PM
*cue Bynum won't walk at all joke*

Koolaid_Man
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM

not my fucking concern

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
How can you guys get Dwight? Offer Rondo and pieces?

He'll be a free agent next year and we'll have a ton of cash.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Well, we got the only two players he wanted to play with. I think you know whats coming next.

Good point. Dwight acts like he wants Kobe as a new Dad. As ridiculous as I thought you guys were for suggesting you'd get CP3 and Howard, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

pass1st
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
He'll be a free agent next year and we'll have a ton of cash.

Do you think the Magic would allow him to walk before trying to get something out of him?

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Do you think the Magic would allow him to walk before trying to get something out of him?

Probably not. But even if he gets traded this year, he'll still be a free agent NEXT year. Due to the new bargaining rules, you can't make as much off extensions. Same probably goes for CP3.

pass1st
12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Probably not. But even if he gets traded this year, he'll still be a free agent NEXT year. Due to the new bargaining rules, you can't make as much off extensions. Same probably goes for CP3.

Would Celtics have the pieces to interest D12 next year? He pretty much said it himself that the ring is his #1 priority now

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Would Celtics have the pieces to interest D12 next year? He pretty much said it himself that the ring is his #1 priority now

Nah, probably not. That's kinda why I pointed out up above, if NOT Dwight, then who else would be worth taking on? No one that can really give us promise of a ring, that I can see.

Nathan89
12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Good point. Dwight acts like he wants Kobe as a new Dad. As ridiculous as I thought you guys were for suggesting you'd get CP3 and Howard, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I guess you didn't factor the NBA owning the Hornets into the equation.

Giuseppe
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM

But, that isn't what Bryant will want. He didn't want Daddy as his daddy (that was a huge bone of contention) and he won't be Dwight's dad. Stand on your own two fuckin' feet and act like somebody.

pass1st
12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Nah, probably not. That's kinda why I pointed out up above, if NOT Dwight, then who else would be worth taking on? No one that can really give us promise of a ring, that I can see.

I say just tank and get Doc's son.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 08:39 PM
But, that isn't what Bryant will want. He didn't want Daddy as his daddy (that was a huge bone of contention) and he won't be Dwight's dad. Stand on your own two fuckin' feet and act like somebody.

Doesn't matter. Dwight's immature, and will hang around Kobe like a puppy dog. Kobe will have to pull the same act he pulled with Gasol, but with even more gusto.

Nathan89
12-08-2011, 08:40 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEqLQJTgKuvl65Ls7qOSH8D7oMlBpT3 ewUNdYVURYc8dORSYra

Giuseppe
12-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Doesn't matter. Dwight's immature, and will hang around Kobe like a puppy dog. Kobe will have to pull the same act he pulled with Gasol, but with even more gusto.

But that ain't a dad act. That's a dutch uncle act. Big difference.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2011, 09:06 PM
But that ain't a dad act. That's a dutch uncle act. Big difference.

Not familiar with the term "dutch uncle". I think Kobe would be fine with it... it's how Dwight would react that's intriguing.