PDA

View Full Version : How in the world is Dragic, Martin, Odom, and Scola for Chris Paul not fair value?

DrHouse
12-09-2011, 01:34 AM
What universe would the Hornets have gotten more value? They still have to meet the league minimum salary and they only have 7 people on the roster at the moment.

Yes, the NBA owns the Hornets. But I believe they are ethically and morally obligated to exercise that ownership in the Hornets' interest -- not as a vendetta for the competitive interests of the owners.

So yes, this would be a good trade for the Lakers if they are able to use it as leverage for a Howard trade. But it's also a good trade for the Hornets. They get four players who between them average about 60 points per game, plus a couple of first round draft picks, all in exchange for one star player with a questionable knee and a stated commitment to walk away from the team 5 months for now.

Sometimes trades can benefit both teams, and this would have been the case. (The Rockets also feel the trade benefitted them, but that's peripheral to this point.) Other league owners pressured Stern to veto this, NOT because they saw it as bad for New Orleans, but rather because they thought it could hurt their own chances to compete for the NBA championship.

And that stinks. The only way that a league ownership of a team works is if the league does its best to either keep a hands off stance toward team management, or at least the league tries to see that the best interests of the team are served. For the league to veto a trade for reasons that had nothing to do with the interests of the Hornets leaves a very bad taste.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Hey, someone started a thread about the Paul trade!

Yeah!

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Yes, the NBA owns the Hornets. But I believe they are ethically and morally obligated to exercise that ownership in the Hornets' interestThen there is really no reason to do the trade.

Spursfan092120
12-09-2011, 01:39 AM
1. They own the fucking team
2. They didn't want the fucking trade
3. They didn't do the fucking trade

it's just that simple. And I even wanted the trade..I think it would have fucked the Lakers in the short term, and I'm always down for that. But quit bitching..it didn't happen..Shut...The...Fuck...Up.

redzero
12-09-2011, 01:43 AM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

midnightpulp
12-09-2011, 01:46 AM
The Lakers get the shortend in this deal, which is precisely why the NBA brought the hammer down.

WeNeedLength
12-09-2011, 01:51 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/M3mnBVpUQmc9rce8FEQ5piXWo1_500.jpg

Killakobe81
12-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Mehh I just want to see someone finally put stern's smug condescending ass in his place ...

Would have paid good money to have seen Wade yelling at him in the CBA negotiations ...I used to love stern. but when he started trying to "airbrush" Iverson and and he pulled that leaving the bench crap on the suns ...he seems like a dumbass. That was the time to take action that was n the best interest. Sure you did not want another brawl ...but that series should of been decided on teh court and not partially in the league office.

Ever since then i could not stand his smug ass, and I hate the Suns.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Mehh I just want to see someone finally put stern's smug condescending ass in his place ...

Would have paid good money to have seen Wade yelling at him in the CBA negotiations ...I used to love stern. but when he started trying to "airbrush" Iverson and and he pulled that leaving the bench crap on the suns ...he seems like a dumbass. That was the time to take action that was n the best interest. Sure you did not want another brawl ...but that series should of been decided on teh court and not partially in the league office.

Ever since then i could not stand his smug ass, and I hate the Suns.That's it lakerfan, let it all out.

Koolaid_Man
12-09-2011, 02:03 AM
The Lakers get the shortend in this deal, which is precisely why the NBA brought the hammer down.

you don't know shit about risk mgmt and bargaining chips...Trade for CP3 and you have all the leverage in the world to snag D12...It's how fortunes are made dipshit and Dr. Buss is typically masterful at it...You act like you've never left your lower middle class neighborhood...you're small intellectual fish :lol

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 02:06 AM
you don't know shit about risk mgmt and bargaining chips...Trade for CP3 and you have all the leverage in the world to snag D12...It's how fortunes are made dipshit and Dr. Buss is typically masterful at it...You act like you've never left your lower middle class neighborhood...you're small intellectual fish :lollol acting like you've seen $500 in your life.

HeavyWeight
12-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Paul is the face of the franchise.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Paul is the face of the franchise.For five months or so, max.

HeavyWeight
12-09-2011, 02:20 AM
For five months or so, max.

& that's the bigger problem with all of this.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 02:22 AM
& that's the bigger problem with all of this.Why?

It not like Luis Scola would replace him as the face of the franchise.

Have you taken a good look at that mug?

rayjayjohnson
12-09-2011, 02:26 AM
you don't know shit about risk mgmt and bargaining chips...Trade for CP3 and you have all the leverage in the world to snag D12...It's how fortunes are made dipshit and Dr. Buss is typically masterful at it...You act like you've never left your lower middle class neighborhood...you're small intellectual fish :lol

As if that old stroke waiting to happen had shit to do with this

DeadlyDynasty
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Crofl chumpdumper acting swole now that the trade was nixed :lmao. Newsflash genius: this helps the Lakers.

Regardless of that fact, it was fun watching you meltdown in the main forum when it originally went down :lol

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Crofl chumpdumper acting swole now that the trade was nixed :lmao. Newsflash genius: this helps the Lakers.

Regardless of that fact, it was fun watching you meltdown in the main forum when it originally went down :lol

Nathan too. A lot of 'em were nutty-nuts at first blush.

tee, hee.

DeadlyDynasty
12-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Nathan too. A lot of 'em were nutty-nuts at first blush.

tee, hee.

Me & Cub, shoulder to shoulder, both hated the trade when it went down, both relieved when it got nixed.

Baron Davιs
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM

There definitely were "signs" of another potential deal following this one.

D-Gilbert sensed it too and mentioned it in his glorious letter.

:lol

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
^We get a second bite at the apple now.

Yes, the apple is rancid, but, we'll eat it anyway.

Double-Up
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
If anyone's getting fucked over in the deal it would be us...glad the league stopped it.

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
If anyone's getting fucked over in the deal it would be us...glad the league stopped it.

It was the fair thing to do.

tee, hee.

NRHector
12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
It was the fair thing to do.

tee, hee.Never expect fairness if the Lakers are involved

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 10:18 AM
fairness

Only pussies & assholes do fair.

cantthinkofanything
12-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Fair statement.

cheguevara
12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
:lmao lakers

just when I thought they found their bottom last playoffs, they manage to fall into a deeper one :lol

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 10:32 AM
^You got nary room. Not after The Skunker & 8.

Obstructed_View
12-09-2011, 12:33 PM

I thought only pussies and assholes did zone defense?

So by your logic, zone defense = fair. :tu

DMC
12-09-2011, 12:37 PM
So the desired result, eventually, would be for one team to have all the chips and the NBA to surrender.

Makes sense.

DMC
12-09-2011, 12:51 PM

So by your logic, zone defense = fair. :tu
He doesn't toe the line on his own standards.

It's his religion

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Crofl chumpdumper acting swole now that the trade was nixed :lmao. Newsflash genius: this helps the Lakers.Then why are you still whining about it?

And does mean you're going to meltdown when the trade does go through?

Regardless of that fact, it was fun watching you meltdown in the main forum when it originally went down :lollink.

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 04:26 PM

Only pussies and assholes do zone defenses.