PDA

View Full Version : Blessing in disguise for the Lakers, or more accurately

midnightpulp
12-09-2011, 01:41 AM
the NBA protecting its flagship franchise from an extremely retarded transaction.

Really, did anyone really think (outside of dumbfucks like Kool) trading one of the best low-post bigmen in the game and a versatile 6' 10" matchup nightmare of a sixthman for an injury prone, ball-dominant PG was a good idea? Even if this deal's ulterior motive was to clean house for Dwight Howard's potential arrival, the Lakers would have to trade Bynum, and a core of Howard/Kobe/Paul is NOT better than a core of Bynum/Gasol/Odom/Kobe.

One thing every one of us opposing fans fears about the Lakers is their size, and with the former, they lose half of it in the starting lineup and all of it coming off the bench. Also, Howard (aside from Kobe) is the most overrated player in the league. Despite Hakeem's tutelage, the guy is still rough in the post and has yet to figure out how to pass out of a double team.

A player like Chris Paul would be redundant alongside Kobe Bryant. Yes it's glaringly obvious the Lakers need a serious upgrade at the PG spot, but adding any kind of superstar there, especially one who needs the ball to be effective, would do more harm than good, from both a chemistry and financial standpoint. All the Lakers need at the 1 one spot is a young defensive minded PG who can shoot the 3, e.g. a Mario Chalmers type. They also need to upgrade their bench.

Rest easy, Lakerfags. It's a good thing this trade didn't go down.

pass1st
12-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Bandwagon fans don't believe that, they think Big Name = success

We were giving up too much for CP3, would only have worked out if Bynum for D12 went through.

Spursfan092120
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Bandwagon fans don't believe that, they think Big Name = success

We were giving up too much for CP3, would only have worked out if Bynum for D12 went through.

Agreed 100%. I was excited as hell when I saw that trade, because I didn't think the Bynum/D12 deal was going to happen. Looks like it could have if the CP3 deal happened, but now, Lakers are on the outside looking in for those two....but that's probably for the best for Laker fan.

Killakobe81
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
You bring up great points pulp.
Again I am not disappointed in the trade being stopped, im disappointed that stern is bending to will of pusholes like Gilbert ...

You cant block a trade vbecause you think it will help a Howard trade later on ...that makes no sense. And by not getting Paul to re-sign Hornets have no choice but to trade him or lose him for nothing ...those were 4 all-stars to very good players in that deal the Hornets were getting.

Killakobe81
12-09-2011, 01:47 AM
And we were giving up too much for Paul IMHO ...

NewcastleKEG
12-09-2011, 01:48 AM
"one of the best low-post bigmen in the game"

13 points per game in playoffs?

pass1st
12-09-2011, 01:49 AM

Usually 20, but he decided to be a pussy.

midnightpulp
12-09-2011, 01:51 AM

Name 5 better overall low-post bigmen.

Killakobe81
12-09-2011, 01:51 AM

he had a bad playoff ...shit happens he was pretty good the previous 3 seasons ...

DrHouse
12-09-2011, 01:53 AM
I'm less concerned about the actual trade itself than I am with the tampering by Stern and the small market owners.

The Lakers are still a great team as-is.

DJ Mbenga
12-09-2011, 01:55 AM
this was b getting ready to equal c. if there was no howard trade of course your points are valid. in fact some have argued why not just trade pau for scola and martin. not so sure.

midnightpulp
12-09-2011, 02:02 AM
this was b getting ready to equal c. if there was no howard trade of course your points are valid. in fact some have argued why not just trade pau for scola and martin. not so sure.

I know I'll take flack for this, but Howard isn't that much better of a player than a healthy Bynum. Howard needs to be surrounded by 3 point shooters to protect him from getting double teamed, and when he does get doubled, he'll often commit a turnover. Bynum has a better post-game, is a better passer, freethrow shooter, and has a higher basketball IQ. And although Howard is a better defender and rebounder, I think the Lakers interior defense and rebounding gets worse overall with Gasol's removal.

No trolling here. This is a good thing for the Lakers.

Banzai
12-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Strange day...

Venti Quattro
12-09-2011, 02:10 AM
My thoughts exactly. LA's strength lies in their height advantage. This is a retarded trade for LA. Kobe + CP3 = 2 balls.

Howard... Man-tits is a better post player than him. Seriously.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm less concerned about the actual trade itself than I am with the tampering by Stern and the small market owners.

The Lakers are still a great team as-is.The new party line.

I bet we could find it somewhere on LG.

NewcastleKEG
12-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Name 5 better overall low-post bigmen.
What have you done for me lately league fellas

Better than: Howard, Griffin, Randolph & Amare
Equal to: Bogut, Aldridge, Nene & Horford
Close: Noah, Millsapp, M.Gasol & KG

NewcastleKEG
12-09-2011, 02:22 AM

The Lakers are still a great team as-is.
Your done

You needed Paul more than Howard. Your guards are disgusting, Bryant is a SF now. Phil is gone and with that goes the locker room & refs

Venti Quattro
12-09-2011, 02:29 AM

Better than: Howard

:lmao :lmao :lmao

DJ Mbenga
12-09-2011, 02:30 AM
I know I'll take flack for this, but Howard isn't that much better of a player than a healthy Bynum. Howard needs to be surrounded by 3 point shooters to protect him from getting double teamed, and when he does get doubled, he'll often commit a turnover. Bynum has a better post-game, is a better passer, freethrow shooter, and has a higher basketball IQ. And although Howard is a better defender and rebounder, I think the Lakers interior defense and rebounding gets worse overall with Gasol's removal.

No trolling here. This is a good thing for the Lakers.

he is simply better by the fact that he is healthy. but all things being equal, howard has been defensive player of the year and he'll continue to rule the award. bynum is not a motivated rebounder however he does contest shots extremely well. hedging on pick and rolls he is awful but alot of that is from derek fisher on the ground from a flop

rayjayjohnson
12-09-2011, 02:47 AM

Better than: Howard, Griffin, Randolph & Amare
Equal to: Bogut, Aldridge, Nene & Horford
Close: Noah, Millsapp, M.Gasol & KG

Homebouy is on the money

DeadlyDynasty
12-09-2011, 09:19 AM
the NBA protecting its flagship franchise from an extremely retarded transaction.

Really, did anyone really think (outside of dumbfucks like Kool) trading one of the best low-post bigmen in the game and a versatile 6' 10" matchup nightmare of a sixthman for an injury prone, ball-dominant PG was a good idea? Even if this deal's ulterior motive was to clean house for Dwight Howard's potential arrival, the Lakers would have to trade Bynum, and a core of Howard/Kobe/Paul is NOT better than a core of Bynum/Gasol/Odom/Kobe.

One thing every one of us opposing fans fears about the Lakers is their size, and with the former, they lose half of it in the starting lineup and all of it coming off the bench. Also, Howard (aside from Kobe) is the most overrated player in the league. Despite Hakeem's tutelage, the guy is still rough in the post and has yet to figure out how to pass out of a double team.

A player like Chris Paul would be redundant alongside Kobe Bryant. Yes it's glaringly obvious the Lakers need a serious upgrade at the PG spot, but adding any kind of superstar there, especially one who needs the ball to be effective, would do more harm than good, from both a chemistry and financial standpoint. All the Lakers need at the 1 one spot is a young defensive minded PG who can shoot the 3, e.g. a Mario Chalmers type. They also need to upgrade their bench. It's a good thing this trade didn't go down.

Yup, life is good. :lol