PDA

View Full Version : Agents say Deal will most likely go through

InRareForm
12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
RT @ AlexKennedyNBA I've talked to a number of agents today. They all believe that David Stern will eventually allow the CP3 trade to go through. We'll see.

Spursfan092120
12-09-2011, 11:35 AM
after D12 is a New Jersey Net. Then, the deal officially becomes a shitty deal for the Lakers.

InRareForm
12-09-2011, 11:37 AM
^ thinking the same.

Fpoonsie
12-09-2011, 11:41 AM
after D12 is a New Jersey Net. Then, the deal officially becomes a shitty deal for the Lakers.

Banzai
12-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Well regardless..deal is pretty shitty if the Lakers can't find a decent PF. Clearly, more so now that Dwight is a Nets player.

DrHouse
12-09-2011, 11:56 AM
D12 is not going to the Nets. You people are fucking stupid. :lmao inbred hicks.

This is all a smokescreen to get the heat off the Lakers trade. I expect D12 to stay with the Magic till the trade deadline, upon which time he'll force his way to LA.

IronMexican
12-09-2011, 11:58 AM
DrHouse. The real one.

Brazil
12-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Well regardless..deal is pretty shitty if the Lakers can't find a decent PF. Clearly, more so now that Dwight is a Nets player.

Deal was not shitty, Lakers would have received the best PG in the league or close second, the best C in the league and they'd keep a very nice role player Kobe. staaackkkeeedd. This big 3 is surely better than miami one

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Deal was not shitty, Lakers would have received the best PG in the league or close second, the best C in the league

Just as easy as sayin' it.

tee, hee.

Banzai
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
We shall see..

Sportcamper
12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh c'mon! We were giving up two All Stars and a Kardashian!
This was a good trade for the Hornets...

Fpoonsie
12-09-2011, 12:24 PM
D12 is not going to the Nets. You people are fucking stupid. :lmao inbred hicks.

This is all a smokescreen to get the heat off the Lakers trade. I expect D12 to stay with the Magic till the trade deadline, upon which time he'll force his way to LA.

Actually, House makes a good, albeit altogether troubling point that I hadn't considered.

...fuck.

eisfeld
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Deal will not go through... unless the Hornets get a new owner or get a huge cap relief.

The trade was not lopsided or a gamble or a steal or whatsoever. Paul demanded a trade to NY - NOH turned down their offer and the Lakers offer was better. And even if they had an agreement with the Magic to trade for Howard - guess what - that's how business works and I applaud their GM.

The trade got blocked because it's better for the league. Not because the Lakers would have become a powerhouse again - because the Hornets are still attractive for a possible buyer.
Nobody would buy the franchise without a star player, without young aspiring players or lottery bound draft picks. The trade would have put the Hornets over the cap as well because they still need to get a couple of playes and have a pending qualifying offer.
Stern allowing this trade to go through would have meant the death of the Hornets franchise in New Orleans.

Banzai
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Actually, House makes a good, albeit altogether troubling point that I hadn't considered.

...fuck.

:rollin:lol...I can say I had a hard time sleeping last night because I have been following the news on the forums and radio..:wakeup

Rummpd
12-09-2011, 12:51 PM
It should go through it was pretty fair to all concerned and Lakers taking a gamble on blowing up their current big three.

DMC
12-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Deal will not go through... unless the Hornets get a new owner or get a huge cap relief.

The trade was not lopsided or a gamble or a steal or whatsoever. Paul demanded a trade to NY - NOH turned down their offer and the Lakers offer was better. And even if they had an agreement with the Magic to trade for Howard - guess what - that's how business works and I applaud their GM.

The trade got blocked because it's better for the league. Not because the Lakers would have become a powerhouse again - because the Hornets are still attractive for a possible buyer.
Nobody would buy the franchise without a star player, without young aspiring players or lottery bound draft picks. The trade would have put the Hornets over the cap as well because they still need to get a couple of playes and have a pending qualifying offer.
Stern allowing this trade to go through would have meant the death of the Hornets franchise in New Orleans.
This

12-09-2011, 12:57 PM
does dan gilbert need to send another strongly worded email???

mavsfan1000
12-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Don't do it Stern. Fuck the Lakers.

baseline bum
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't see how the trade can be stopped. If they weren't going to allow Paul to be traded they should have said it a week ago.

ChumpDumper
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm sure it can go through. Just fun to watch the lakerfan meltdown stretch out a bit more.

IronMexican
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm sure it can go through. Just fun to watch the lakerfan meltdown stretch out a bit more.

Totally, brah.

Stalin
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Co sign

IronMexican
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Tbh, the real question is how are those Laker fans who said Williams was better than Paul will now have to spin Paul being better.

InRareForm
12-09-2011, 02:29 PM
With new Sterns new memo, looks like Deal won't happen. Unless some kind of new kink or deal sweetner in the trade comes into play. Seems unlikely now tho..

m>s
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
hornets & grizzlies are just two d-league affiliates of the lakers imho what's new here?

Stalin
12-09-2011, 06:24 PM
hornets & grizzlies are just two d-league affiliates of the lakers imho what's new here?

damn, lakeshow has not one but two farm teams, nice, just like in nba2k :lol

m>s
12-09-2011, 06:36 PM
damn, lakeshow has not one but two farm teams, nice, just like in nba2k :lol

or maybe even 3, just wait and see where howard ends up being tbh.