PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler just confirmed he has a deal with NY.

adrienne
12-09-2011, 12:46 PM
:(

mavsfan1000
12-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Or CP3, Dwight Howard, and etc. Can't wait until 2012-2013 season. We'll see who we get. But Stern definitely fucked Cuban in the short term with the new agreement.

baseline bum
12-09-2011, 12:59 PM
But Stern definitely fucked Cuban in the short term with the new agreement.

How so? The luxury tax is still the same 1:1 for the first two years, isn't it? And then Kidd, Terry, and Fernandez come off the books next summer.

mavsfan1000
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
How so? The luxury tax is still the same 1:1 for the first two years, isn't it? And then Kidd, Terry, and Fernandez come off the books next summer.
The players want 4-5 year deals. Not 1-2 year deals.

baseline bum
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
The players want 4-5 year deals. Not 1-2 year deals.

And they clear $20 million with Kidd (likely retiring) and Terry (who will get a much smaller contract) off the books in 2012-13. Can't scapegoat the league; Cuban's betting on being able to land Howard or Williams next summer.

Stalin
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM
:corn:

Ghazi
12-09-2011, 01:15 PM
If it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't mean to be.

Muchas gracias to Chandler for being a main contributing factor in our championship run.

Hope he succeeds with the Knicks unless they're playing the Mavs.

Mavs are now the 3rd best team in the West AT BEST... maybe 4th-5th.

Stalin
12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
at least mavfan, showing some gratitude, and not being a faggot, for what dirk couldnt do in over 10 years of choking, on stacked teams, with cube's ever accomodating wallet

:tu scros

pass1st
12-09-2011, 01:30 PM
'Sup Stalin

You got Russia winning it all in 2012?

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-09-2011, 02:03 PM
bullfan1000 is so fuckin stupid

Obstructed_View
12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Not to minimize what Tyson Chandler did for the Mavs, because he was outstanding, but it's pretty unlikely that he'll be that valuable to any team ever again. He's certainly not worth that kind of money. New York will find that out soon enough. This is not like letting Steve Nash go.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-09-2011, 02:09 PM
This is not like letting Steve Nash go.
Why do people continue to uphold the retarded opinion that Dallas letting Nash leave was wrong? It was a great move on their part.

mavsfan1000
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
bullfan1000 is so fuckin stupid
lol Cavs fan.

m>s
12-09-2011, 06:30 PM
And they clear $20 million with Kidd (likely retiring) and Terry (who will get a much smaller contract) off the books in 2012-13. Can't scapegoat the league; Cuban's betting on being able to land Howard or Williams next summer.

fuck knows how much dirk still has in his tank. the mavs ain't nothing w/o dirk i mean when dirk gets outraced by his age and turns an old shitbag like duncan the mavs will have no other choice but to start rebuilding right away and go trophyless for many years until they get another franchise player as great as dirk, and we know such players don't grow on trees tbh

1st round exit again imho :depressed

FUCK MARK CUBAN, FUCK DONNIE NELSON, FUCK BULLSFAN1000

Stalin
12-09-2011, 06:40 PM
'Sup Stalin

You got Russia winning it all in 2012?

sup brah, um....yees i have russia winning...:wakeup

DPG21920
12-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I just think it's really dumb on the Mavs part as I've said. They waste a year of Dirk, have 0 shot at contending (unless they pull something off to replace Tyson this year) & aren't likely to land anyone notable next year.

The funny thing is, if you sign Tyson back even to a 4 year deal, you compete this year and if he stays healthy and plays well you get a legit shot at a repeat and you can trade his ass EASILY in the off season. There would be a line of teams looking to pick up Tyson if all you want to do is salary dump him to go after a free agent you like.

Even if he sucks this year, there would still be teams willing to take a gamble on a big name big man. Makes little sense.

Huey Freeman
12-09-2011, 06:57 PM
One of the very reasons why I stopped being a Knicks fan. Stupid ass deals like this. :lol

Giuseppe
12-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I just think it's really dumb on the Mavs part as I've said. They waste a year of Dirk, have 0 shot at contending (unless they pull something off to replace Tyson this year) & aren't likely to land anyone notable next year.

The funny thing is, if you sign Tyson back even to a 4 year deal, you compete this year and if he stays healthy and plays well you get a legit shot at a repeat and you can trade his ass EASILY in the off season. There would be a line of teams looking to pick up Tyson if all you want to do is salary dump him to go after a free agent you like.

Even if he sucks this year, there would still be teams willing to take a gamble on a big name big man. Makes little sense.

^DPG in his Albert Einstein E=mc2 duds.

rEgUlaToR!!!!!
12-09-2011, 06:59 PM
nice self-regulation by the knicks tbh

baseline bum
12-09-2011, 07:04 PM

/thread

Just no excuse to not bring him back for the $10.5 million starting that the Knicks can offer. Wow, they let him walk fir $3 million more than they pay Brenda even with the potential to clear $22 million off the cap next summer.

DPG21920
12-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Looks like Dallas is in on the Tyson deal and trying will do a sign and trade with intention of gaining a 12M+ trade exception.

DPG21920
12-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Tyson's starting offer will be over 12M. With trading Turiaf, amnesty on Billups and letting a player or two go by retracting the qualifying offer, they have enough room.

m>s
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
One of the very reasons why I stopped being a Knicks fan. Stupid ass deals like this. :lol

theres a reason why chinks are all born to be faggots, here it is

Obstructed_View
12-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Why do people continue to uphold the retarded opinion that Dallas letting Nash leave was wrong? It was a great move on their part.

Um, I'm gonna go ahead and say because it was wrong. I live in Dallas, and remember the discussions. The reason they let him go is because they thought he was breaking down and didn't want to commit to him for five years.

That was seven years ago.

Seven

Years

Ago.

He averaged 33 minutes a game, started 75 games and put up 11.4 assists per game. Last season. Not breaking down. Bad decision. Bad.

Bad.

Obstructed_View
12-09-2011, 07:51 PM

It's a good thought, and a definite way to go. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention to him until he was a Hornet, at which time he was pretty overrated. Again, he was very good for the Mavs, but I'm not sure there's any history to really think he's going to be a difference maker anywhere else or ever again.

adrienne
12-10-2011, 12:33 AM
So, no sign and trade now I'm guessing? I leave for a few hours and everything changes.

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Um, I'm gonna go ahead and say because it was wrong. I live in Dallas, and remember the discussions. The reason they let him go is because they thought he was breaking down and didn't want to commit to him for five years.

That was seven years ago.

Seven

Years

Ago.

He averaged 33 minutes a game, started 75 games and put up 11.4 assists per game. Last season. Not breaking down. Bad decision. Bad.

Bad.

Nash quit a couple times late in playoffs while in Dallas as well. Being white they didn't hang him up by his Buster Browns at the time, but, Cuban didn't forget it.

m>s
12-10-2011, 12:42 AM
So, no sign and trade now I'm guessing? I leave for a few hours and everything changes.

mavs didn't sign him and let him go free. :depressed

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 12:47 AM
And the kicker? Chandler will go back to drifting in the winds once & again. He'll do NYC nary impact and Dallas is barren again. His marriage to Dirk's game & vice versa was a moment.

DMC
12-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Now if they could get a defensive minded coaching staff.

DMC
12-10-2011, 12:51 AM
And the kicker? Chandler will go back to drifting in the winds once & again. He'll do NYC nary impact and Dallas is barren again. His marriage to Dirk's game & vice versa was a moment.
I disagree with this.

Amare will not have to guard the paint, be free to roam and shoot some jumpers. He can clean up well and run the pick and roll.

The Knicks should contend this year, them and Miami in the ECF. That's my guess.

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 12:53 AM
I disagree with this.

Amare will not have to guard the paint, be free to roam and shoot some jumpers. He can clean up well and run the pick and roll.

The Knicks should contend this year, them and Miami in the ECF. That's my guess.

Amare is a nice shooting guard, or, small forward, but, if you think he's going to get into Chandler's bed and Chandler ain't gonna notice that he ain't Dirk, you've another thing coming.

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Amare is a nice shooting guard, or, small forward, but, if you think he's going to get into Chandler's bed and Chandler ain't gonna notice that he ain't Dirk, you've another thing coming.

I have no idea what that means, but Chandler made it work with Dirk, he can make it work in NY with Melo and Amare.

No one in the league (maybe in league history) shoots like Dirk, has the frame and ability to make shots from anywhere. However, Melo is a great shooter and Amare aint no slouch. TC will do well.

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 01:05 AM
I have no idea what that means, but Chandler made it work with Dirk, he can make it work in NY with Melo and Amare.

That means you're equating Amare (or Melo for that matter) with Dirk. Uh, uh.

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Sucks for Dallas, but does wonders for my dream of the clown in my avatar NEVER winning a ring. NYK's front court > Miami's - they just need a backcourt (now that Mr Big Shot is gone). As long as they don't add CP3, that is. :lol

Obstructed_View
12-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Nash quit a couple times late in playoffs while in Dallas as well. Being white they didn't hang him up by his Buster Browns at the time, but, Cuban didn't forget it.

lol fiction.

DPG21920
12-10-2011, 01:13 AM
Maybe cubes pulls Dwight and reveals his plan.

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:15 AM
That means you're equating Amare (or Melo for that matter) with Dirk. Uh, uh.
No I'm not. I said they would make the ECF. Dirk beat the ECF winner.

Amare isn't Dirk, he's a different type of force but he's a force on both ends (not much between the ears though).

You cannot dismiss Amare/Melo/Chandler with the wave of a hand. Nuh uh

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Maybe cubes pulls Dwight and reveals his plan.
That would be epic butt hurting shit. Laker fan would be like lemmings to the tree of woe.

m>s
12-10-2011, 01:18 AM

No one in the league (maybe in league history) shoots like Dirk, has the frame and ability to make shots from anywhere. However, Melo is a great shooter and Amare aint no slouch. TC will do well.

you know what being a chink means though.

TC was no more than just a defensive big the seasons before 10-11, and he was known to be injury prone. had he stayed with bobcats for the 10-11 season i guess the biggest possible contract offered to him now would be no more than a mid-level. he and dirk completed each other well and they achieved great success past season, and he decided its time for him to chase $ instead of honors.

dirk is still dirk and he'll continue to drop the ball through the damn rim with ease. amare needs someone to spoonfeed him the ball but NY don't have no one capable of doing that, especially with billups gone. NY's offense would be one-dimensional and the combo of TC & amare would be no more than a pair of rebounders & shot blockers, having basically nothing to contribute to team's offense

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:20 AM
you know what being a chink means though.

TC was no more than just a defensive big the seasons before 10-11, and he was known to be injury prone. had he stayed with bobcats for the 10-11 season i guess the biggest possible contract offered to him now would be no more than a mid-level. he and dirk completed each other well and they achieved great success past season, and he decided its time for him to chase $ instead of honors.

dirk is still dirk and he'll continue to drop the ball through the damn rim with ease. amare needs someone to spoonfeed him the ball but NY don't have no one capable of doing that, especially with billups gone. NY's offense would be one-dimensional and the combo of TC & amare would be no more than a pair of rebounders & shot blockers, having basically nothing to contribute to team's offense

:lmao

Amare averaged over 25ppg last year and almost 9 rebounds.

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 01:21 AM
That would be epic butt hurting shit. Laker fan would be like lemmings to the tree of woe.

Negative. Milan, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Pau...in other words the Lakers always get a star. Who you think we are, the Spurs? :downspin:

:flag:

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Negative. Milan, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Pau...in other words the Lakers always get a star. Who you think we are, the Spurs? :downspin:

:flag:
No.

We build stars, we don't buy them.

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Amare isn't Dirk

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 01:24 AM
No.

Fine. I'll take the 5. You keep the 4.

DMC
Thank you.

You're welcome.

DMC
Fine. I'll take the 5. You keep the 4.
Bend over, I'll fuckin' give ya the 5 and the 4 combined.

Giuseppe
You're welcome.

Thank you, for agreeing with me.

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 01:27 AM
No.

... Or tank to get them. :rolleyes

Who are you to question the Lakers' FO? 16 > 4, right? :downspin:

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:29 AM
... Or tank to get them. :rolleyes

Who are you to question the Lakers' FO? 16 > 4, right? :downspin:
Worthy/Johnson in a 4 year span.

You've no room.

There's no question. You guys are desperate as fuck.

m>s
12-10-2011, 01:30 AM
remember that 7'6 shit averaged 20+10 in 04-05 but it doesn't change the fact that he's a chink and a gigantic pussy. china is the fastest growing country per GDP but thats still one of the countries you're least interested in visiting

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Worthy/Johnson in a 4 year span.

You've no room.

There's no question. You guys are desperate as fuck.

The Lakers NEVER went lotto with Magic at the helm. What you meant is the Logo was the man as a GM. MK is following in his footsteps brilliantly - until Stern stepped in and fucked it up (temporarily).

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:36 AM
The Lakers NEVER went lotto with Magic at the helm. What you meant is the Logo was the man as a GM. MK is following in his footsteps brilliantly - until Stern stepped in and fucked it up (temporarily).
I didn't mention the lottery.

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM
remember that 7'6 shit averaged 20+10 in 04-05 but it doesn't change the fact that he's a chink and a gigantic pussy. china is the fastest growing country per GDP but thats still one of the countries you're least interested in visiting
You're a fucking idiot with a worn out shtick. Shut the fuck up already.

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 01:41 AM
I didn't mention the lottery.

OK. The Lakers are still top dogs in the West. What is your point?

DMC
12-10-2011, 01:47 AM
OK. The Lakers are still top dogs in the West. What is your point?

How did the Finals go for them last year?

Oh that's right, they were swept by the Mavs in the 2nd round.

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 01:50 AM
^You've no room. You got beat by 8.

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 02:04 AM
How did the Finals go for them last year?

Oh that's right, they were swept by the Mavs in the 2nd round.

Last year was a fluke. Are they top dogs this year? :downspin:

DMC
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Last year was a fluke. Are they top dogs this year? :downspin:
No one is. The season hasn't started. However, I would pick the Heat. In the West, I still like Dallas over the Lakers. Sorry, TC didn't change the Mavs enough to justify the sweep.

The Lakers are all fucked up, Odom and Pau are puss sore, Kobe is bone on bone and Bynum is on notice as well.

At least you have what many have longed for though, World Peace.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2011, 02:06 AM
^You've no room. You got beat by 8.

Apparently losing in the first round removes one's right to point out facts to Lakerfans.

DMC
12-10-2011, 02:07 AM
^you've no room. You got beat by 8.

The Prediction

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Apparently losing in the first round removes one's right to point out facts to Lakerfans.

As long as yer willing to bear your own trespasses, knock yourself out.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-10-2011, 07:37 AM
The Prediction

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 07:39 AM
^You got no room. You predicted the players whipping the owners.

3,000 million dollars later that didn't happen.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-10-2011, 07:40 AM
You've got no proof.

The Prediction wouldn't be The Prediction if I didn't have proof

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 07:46 AM
You've got no proof.

The Prediction wouldn't be The Prediction if I didn't have proof

I don't do proof. You said it. I saw it.

You've nary room. You picked the players over the owners and 3,000 million dollars later yer wrong.

m>s
12-10-2011, 09:07 AM
You're a fucking idiot with a worn out shtick. Shut the fuck up already.

being an idiot isn't much better but... the idiot is not a chink at the very least :lol

21_Blessings
12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
So Haywood starts? :lmao

adrienne
12-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Mavs are getting Rautins and a big trade exception for Tyson.

DPG21920
12-10-2011, 11:25 AM
The trade exception does open up some opportunity for the Mavs for a trade scenario either for Dwight (much less likely) or someone else (slightly more likely).

It will take a combo of young talent (Mavs don't really have any), draft picks (Mavs don't really have an attractive one & ability to take on a bad contract (they definitely have that with the trade exception) to get Dwight. Has always though, they can address the first two with a third team entering the fray.

m>s
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM
don't delude your short self tbh the mavs ain't getting no one. TC was gone free and the mavs didn't get no trade exception or shit. the faggots' only hope is brendan haywood plays better then ever before and fills TC's role, which ain't never happening though

adrienne
12-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Except for that the Mavs did get a trade exception...