PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's GOP debate on ABC should be a good one.

JoeChalupa
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Will Mitt and the other go full force against Newt?
Will the others need to scream for time since Mitt and Newt will be going at it?
Or will Newt take the high road and just be his cool self?
should be interesting indeed.

spursncowboys
12-09-2011, 07:38 PM
For someone who clearly is not a conservative, you are paying alot of attention to this. I think that Bachmann will take a commanding lead by her performance in this debate! Book it! I was right about Cain and Newt and I will be right again.

JoeChalupa
12-10-2011, 11:14 AM
For someone who clearly is not a conservative, you are paying alot of attention to this. I think that Bachmann will take a commanding lead by her performance in this debate! Book it! I was right about Cain and Newt and I will be right again.

I always try to listen and keep up with the GOP and their points of view. The fact that the nominee has a very strong chance of becoming POTUS makes it very interesting to me. Yeah, many say these debates are boring, staged, etc...but the fact is that they do make a difference in some voters decision come election day. Perry is proof of that.

CosmicCowboy
12-10-2011, 11:18 AM

I want some of what you are smoking...

Bachmann will be gone after Iowa...She went all in on Iowa and will run out of money fast when she comes in 4th or 5th.

spursncowboys
12-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I want some of what you are smoking...

Bachmann will be gone after Iowa...She went all in on Iowa and will run out of money fast when she comes in 4th or 5th.

Most of yall said that same thing before my other predictions came true.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2011, 11:27 AM
You said Cain was going to suspend his campaign due to a bunch of ugly women?

JoeChalupa
12-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Huntsman should have been there tonight. I'll have to check out his town meeting later.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Newt won hands down.

Winehole23
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
how were the ratings?

spursncowboys
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I thought the bottom three did a far better job than the big two. Perry attacked and didn't get attacked which shows how worried anyone is of him.

Drachen
12-12-2011, 04:06 PM

This is a horrible thing to say. One of these guys may be the future POTUS it is in all of our best interests to know what we might be getting into, red or blue. Not only that, but good ideas can come from anywhere. It's great that Joe is paying as much attention as possible so that he can be an informed voter.

*I am hoping that I am misreading and that your comment should be in blue.

Yonivore
12-12-2011, 05:19 PM
This is a horrible thing to say. One of these guys may be the future POTUS it is in all of our best interests to know what we might be getting into, red or blue. Not only that, but good ideas can come from anywhere. It's great that Joe is paying as much attention as possible so that he can be an informed voter.

*I am hoping that I am misreading and that your comment should be in blue.
:tu

I think if the economic picture doesn't change, dramatically, in Obama's favor between now next November, anyone beats him at the poll. In that case, the sadist in me is praying for more than a few Gingrich/Obama debates leading up to November.

ChumpDumper
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey yoni, where was Herman Cain?

George Gervin's Afro
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
:tu

I think if the economic picture doesn't change, dramatically, in Obama's favor between now next November, anyone beats him at the poll. In that case, the sadist in me is praying for more than a few Gingrich/Obama debates leading up to November.

will newt blame the media in these debates?

Yonivore
12-12-2011, 05:33 PM
will newt blame the media in these debates?
Blame them for what? Not vetting Obama. I would. Every serious Republican has received an anal probe from the media on the slimmest of justifications yet, they can't seem to be curious about a lot of Barack Obama's past.

As a result, we now have an incompetent President.

John McCain names Sarah Palin as his running mate and the media parachutes investigative reporters into Wasilla by the dozens. We still haven't heard anyone follow up on Obama's apparent lie that Bill Ayers was "just some guy from the neighborhood."

A bevy of women -- all of whom, with one notable exception -- seeming to be from the same brief period in Herman Cain's past, come forward and claim he's a lecherous boss on nothing more than their word, and the exception comes forward with a claim of a 13 year affair with no concrete evidence, and the media turns it into a 24/7 news cycle. Yet, we can't get a peep out of them on Obama's 20 year relationship with a racist preacher whom he famously described as someone he could no sooner disown than family -- right before throwing him under the bus.

Yeah, I expect Newt Gingrich to eviscerate the media -- along with Obama.

Winehole23
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
it's the media's fault!

ChumpDumper
12-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Ayers and Wright had tremendous influence on Obama's governance to date.

Dumbass.

George Gervin's Afro
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Blame them for what? Not vetting Obama. I would. Every serious Republican has received an anal probe from the media on the slimmest of justifications yet, they can't seem to be curious about a lot of Barack Obama's past.

As a result, we now have an incompetent President.

John McCain names Sarah Palin as his running mate and the media parachutes investigative reporters into Wasilla by the dozens. We still haven't heard anyone follow up on Obama's apparent lie that Bill Ayers was "just some guy from the neighborhood."

A bevy of women -- all of whom, with one notable exception -- seeming to be from the same brief period in Herman Cain's past, come forward and claim he's a lecherous boss on nothing more than their word, and the exception comes forward with a claim of a 13 year affair with no concrete evidence, and the media turns it into a 24/7 news cycle. Yet, we can't get a peep out of them on Obama's 20 year relationship with a racist preacher whom he famously described as someone he could no sooner disown than family -- right before throwing him under the bus.

Yeah, I expect Newt Gingrich to eviscerate the media -- along with Obama.

my favorite soundbite was when the he was asked " Specifically, how is the media not relaying the true stroy (the economy)?" Newt's response " have you seen the OWS street crowd?" and the crowd erupted.... :lmao

Those idiots didn't realize he never answered the question but they cheered anyway...

George Gervin's Afro
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Ayers and Wright had tremendous influence on Obama's governance to date.

Dumbass.

but he sat in Wright's sermons for 20 years!!!!

he started his political career in Ayer's living room!!!!

Yonivore
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
but he sat in Wright's sermons for 20 years!!!!

he started his political career in Ayer's living room!!!!
Now, contrast those two statements to all the out-of-breath reporting done on Sarah Palin's drug addled relative and Herman Cain's alleged sexual misconduct.

I wasn't making a statement on what Obama's relationships have to do with his governance (even though I think that is an argument for another thread) but, the disparity in treatment between by the media.

The mainstream media ignored -- with impunity -- the allegations former Senator and Democrat Presidential candidate John Edwards was involved in an extra-marital affair and had fathered a child by his mistress.

Herman Cain has denied any wrongdoing and, yet, the media is fostering the perception that all the allegations are true.

boutons_deux
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM
ah, is the media picking on Yoni's scumbag, nutcase, extremist boyz and girlz? sniff, so unfair.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I thought the bottom three did a far better job than the big two. Perry attacked and didn't get attacked which shows how worried anyone is of him.

:lol Perry going back to the "book" argument was weak..although it did cause Mitt to break out the "I'll bet ya.." line. Michelle needs to let go of the Cain references but I did like her "New Romney" references. Huntsman would have done himself had he been there.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Now, contrast those two statements to all the out-of-breath reporting done on Sarah Palin's drug addled relative and Herman Cain's alleged sexual misconduct.

I wasn't making a statement on what Obama's relationships have to do with his governance (even though I think that is an argument for another thread) but, the disparity in treatment between by the media.

The mainstream media ignored -- with impunity -- the allegations former Senator and Democrat Presidential candidate John Edwards was involved in an extra-marital affair and had fathered a child by his mistress.

Herman Cain has denied any wrongdoing and, yet, the media is fostering the perception that all the allegations are true.

If they were not true then why did the fighter quit? Come Yoni...Cain didn't tell his wife because he was gettin' a little somethin' somethin. Even you know it.

JoeChalupa
12-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Incompetent!?!? Hell, GWB may not be incompetent but he sure did make some real blunders and yeah, all presidents do but GWB was comedy gold...gold I tell ya!!

spursncowboys
12-12-2011, 07:31 PM
:lol Perry going back to the "book" argument was weak..although it did cause Mitt to break out the "I'll bet ya.." line. Michelle needs to let go of the Cain references but I did like her "New Romney" references. Huntsman would have done himself had he been there.

yeah definitely. Mitt's advisors must have told him to look at Perry with arrogance and a dismissiveness thinking it would trip him up.

:lol its one thing to understand being poor, but saying you went half your childhood without running water will hurt him more than help. It will play into the stereotype of a backwoods racist redneck, than a folksy down home country boy. Bachmann I think did a great job attacking Newt/Romney like she did.

Yonivore
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
If they were not true then why did the fighter quit? Come Yoni...Cain didn't tell his wife because he was gettin' a little somethin' somethin. Even you know it.
Jeeze, y'all get off topic easy.

What did the media do to prove or disprove the allegation?

spursncowboys
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM

That was the same time frame he was going through kimo. I think he realized when he saw all his supporters leaving that regardless of the truth, he was done.

I, personally, was getting tired of him always having crazy conspiracy theories.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Now, contrast those two statements to all the out-of-breath reporting done on Sarah Palin's drug addled relativeNever heard of him/her tbh.

I wasn't making a statement on what Obama's relationships have to do with his governance (even though I think that is an argument for another thread) but, the disparity in treatment between by the media.If it has nothing to do with his governance, why would it need to be covered anymore than it had been.

The mainstream media ignored -- with impunity -- the allegations former Senator and Democrat Presidential candidate John Edwards was involved in an extra-marital affair and had fathered a child by his mistress.Except when they didn't.

Herman Cain has denied any wrongdoing and, yet, the media is fostering the perception that all the allegations are true.Cain is fostering that perception by pulling out of the race and slinking back home to his wife to explain his, um, generosity.

DMX7
12-13-2011, 03:10 AM

Has that "commanding lead" materialized yet? Bachmann looked largely irrelevant in that debate. It seemed as though the moderators only fed her questions because they had to.

Jacob1983
12-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Diane Sawyer came off as a bitch in the debate. She acted like she was still drunk off Obama's jizz-koolaid mix and didn't want to be there. I think Ron Paul won the debate but he can't win right because he's a crazy person. That's what the Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh crowd say.

Winehole23
12-13-2011, 10:19 PM
If you happened to devote 90 minutes to the Lincoln-Douglas-style debate between Newt Gingrich and Jon Huntsman that took place yesterday at St. Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire — and you are in tenuous possession of even modest mental faculties — you will almost certainly have had one or more of the following four reactions: (a) Hey, this isn't a debate, it's a two-man panel discussion; (b) Hey, this isn't a debate, it's a two-man circle jerk; (c) Hey, this isn't a debate, it's a two-man exercise in well-intentioned high-mindedness; or (d) Hey, this isn't a debate, it's a profoundly cynical two-man political maneuver masquerading as an exercise in well-intentioned high-mindedness.http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/12/gingrich-huntsman-debate-bash-romney.html

Winehole23
12-13-2011, 10:20 PM
For those keeping score at home, (a), (b), and (d) are all correct — (a) and (b) quite obviously, but (d) somewhat less so, which is why decoding (d) will be the objective of this brief column. (As for (c), if you actually thought that, I have an ounce of oregano and lawn trimmings I'd like to tell you is Sour Diesel and sell you for $500 an ounce.)ibid.

Winehole23
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Huntsman, please recall, is not running against Gingrich, the current tea party/ultracon favorite. He is running against Mitt Romney, whom Huntsman hopes will come reeling out of Iowa having been drubbed there badly enough that he'll then also fail to win New Hampshire, thus allowing Huntsman (goes his campaign's theory) to emerge, by a miracle, as the Establishment's new alternative to Newt.
The last thing Huntsman wanted to do today, then, was to take Gingrich down a peg. What he wants instead is to boost him (and hence sink Romney) now in hopes of having a chance to challenge him later.

As for Gingrich, his ulterior motives in the debate were equally devious. On the one hand, having ostentatiously positioned himself over the weekend as the man who will run a "relentlessly positive" campaign — a claim undercut somewhat by his DNC-style attack on Romney's record at Bain Capital (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/12/9393176-gingrich-challenges-romney-on-business-background) — he wanted to present the image of himself discoursing amiably with Huntsman, and also to slather some of the two-time ambassador's gravitas-flavored foreign-policy juice all over his well-fed self. On the other (more important) hand, Gingrich has every interest in bolstering Huntsman's prospects in New Hampshire, for every vote that the former Utah governor obtains in the Granite State will come out of Romney's hide, not his own.same