PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k12 Spurs Observations

Calispursfan11
12-10-2011, 04:17 AM
I just bought the game and it rocks. Still waiting for the rookie roster update so I can see play Kawhi alongside everyone else. In the meantime, a few observations in no particular order after my first six games:

- Manu's release is a bit quicker in this one, which also makes the release point different than in 2k11.

- Bonner is deadly if you know his release point, which like Manu is also pretty quick.

- A cheap trick is to speed down the court with TP and pretend you are driving all the way to the basket, then break ankles with the step back and pull up for the 12-15 foot J. It's almost automatic from there.

- Big guys no longer always miss when matched up against a six foot guard in the post just because they happen to not be open. Strong players like TD, Dice and Splitter can actually exploit their height and strength and score underneath with more ease. I like this change.

- Rebounding appears to be more of an acquired skill rather than just the luck of the bounce as it seemed to be in 2k11.

- Most players look better, but some of them have alarmingly dwarfish features.

-it is much easier to strip the ball from opponents now while they are dribbling.

- Three pointers are easier to hit.

- Gary Neal looks like Gary Neal and shoots a little more like him now.

- The OKC Thunder and Kevin Durant are one of those tough teams to beat (much better than their rating)

- Blair still sucks except for the occasional bonus rebound.

- RJ is significantly better than in 2k11. I find him powering up strong 2 point drives, hitting the open 3 or drawing the foul. Basically, good things happen when he shoots it.

- As before, trying to run with the Spurs is a losing proposition. You will get blown out by almost any team unless you stick to the half court, and focus on D, just like in real life. Focus on D and limiting turnovers and only opportunistic breaks and you can stifle almost any team.