PDA

View Full Version : Dallas looking to sign Dalembert?

adrienne
12-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Pardon me, Mark Cuban?

Ghazi
12-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Dalembert is solid. I would like this pickup. Dunno the details.

Monostradamus
12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
If it's a one year deal then I don't mind. He's no Chandler but he'll do.

Axe Murderer
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
seriously?

This would be a pretty damn good deal if true. It would put the Mavs back in discussion as contenders although he brings nowhere near the amount of leadership Chandler brings

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Supposedly Sign & Trade using the trade exception from the Chandler deal...

Monostradamus
12-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Defensively he's not on Chandler's level but he's definitely better than haywood. Plus if you're like me and believe last season was an aberration for Tyson, then getting a healthier Tyson Lite for less money and still retain a shot at Dwight Howard makes it even more attractive.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:23 PM
You're basically flipping Chandler for him, which is not a bad move considering Tyson wanted to head to NY.

Monostradamus
12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Supposedly Sign & Trade using the trade exception from the Chandler deal...

Meh, that makes it sound like a multi year deal then. Not interested if that's the case, plus it flies in the face of everything Cuban has been doing this offseason. One year hit it and quit it contracts are all he's been offering.

loveforthegame
12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Good move for the Mavs. That would be a solid rotation of big men. Dalembert, Haywood, and Wright.

Monostradamus
12-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Of course if he's looking into Dalembert as a backup because Haywood will be shipped out in a deal involving certain players from certain teams in certain areas of Florida...

JamStone
12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Dalembert's 30 years old so while he's up there, he's not "on his last season" old. I would doubt he'd go for a one year deal or an extremely cheap salary. If the point of letting Chandler walk is to keep the possibility of signing D12 or Deron Williams open, then signing Dalembert doesn't make much sense to me. If Dallas can trick Dalembert to signing a one year deal, then they're a lot smarter and more persuasive than I ever thought.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Meh, that makes it sound like a multi year deal then. Not interested if that's the case, plus it flies in the face of everything Cuban has been doing this offseason. One year hit it and quit it contracts are all he's been offering.

Depends on the length of the deal. I don't think (guessing here) Dalembert is getting a max contract.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
tbh, the season starts pretty soon, and there just isn't that many quality bigs available. That's why this would be a good deal for Dallas.

Monostradamus
12-10-2011, 12:31 PM
It really makes no sense to let Chandler go only to then offer a multiyear deal to Dalembert. I really believe this move hinges on whether Dallas pulls off a trade for Dwight Howard. If they get Howard that surely means Haywood is gone, which means they'll need another backup center.

DJ Mbenga
12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
1 yr 15 million is what it would take IMO

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 12:48 PM
It really makes no sense to let Chandler go only to then offer a multiyear deal to Dalembert.

DPG21920
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
They are trying to get him to bite on taking a very large one year deal. Might work, but definitely not guaranteed. Cubes is willing to really overpay to get guys to agree to only one year deals.

Like I said, only if they actually replaced TC with someone this year did letting TC move make sense and it appears that is what they are trying to do. Howard to the Mavs is a pipe dream at best.

pass1st
12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Go for him, rather not see him walk to the Heat.

stretch
12-10-2011, 01:52 PM
seriously?

This would be a pretty damn good deal if true. It would put the Mavs back in discussion as contenders although he brings nowhere near the amount of leadership Chandler brings

Yeah I'd be very happy with them pulling this off.

His offense >>>>>>> Chandlers offense. Which speaks volumes about how poor Chandler is offensively, aside from catching alley-oops. Dalembert has a much better jumpshot, and has some aggressive post moves.

stretch
12-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Go for him, rather not see him walk to the Heat.

Yeah, if the Heat got him, that would be scary.

DPG21920
12-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah I'd be very happy with them pulling this off.

His offense >>>>>>> Chandlers offense. Which speaks volumes about how poor Chandler is offensively, aside from catching alley-oops. Dalembert has a much better jumpshot, and has some aggressive post moves.

Even though it's better than Tyson's jumper, it's not a good jump shot at all. But yes, if Cubes can get a 1 yr deal for Sammy, good move.

mavsfan1000
12-10-2011, 02:04 PM
He's going to the Heat. Guaransheed.

mavs>spurs
12-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Losing Tyson hurts, but if we can get Dalembert and continue to make other solid moves we may come out of this okay. Without Tyson to help mask him on D, barea probably definitely has to go. We need scoring, defense in the backcourt, and if we have the chance to get any kind of big name talent we need to pull the trigger because we need all the talent we can get. Last year Dirk WAS the offense, this year that cannot be so. Last year we really lucked out on that, with everyone stepping up and hitting shots, barea playing big, and the defense being absolutely outstanding. Not likely to happen again, we need improvement on offense.

Koolaid_Man
12-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Pardon me, Mark Cuban?

hey sweetie your team is fucked:

Knicks Making Push For Barea

Dec 10, 2011 4:05 PM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Barea_Jose-Juan_dal_081209.jpg
The Knicks have been in touch with J.J. Barea and are making a strong push to sign him, according to a source.
Barea became an invaluable part of the Mavericks' title run.
While the Knicks don't have enough cap space to sign Barea outright, they are working on various scenarios.

Via Chris Mannix/SI.com (via Twitter) (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217328/Knicks_Making_Push_For_Barea#ixzz1gAZMO6Vc

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 04:30 PM
hey sweetie your team is fucked:

Knicks Making Push For Barea

Dec 10, 2011 4:05 PM EST

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Barea_Jose-Juan_dal_081209.jpg
The Knicks have been in touch with J.J. Barea and are making a strong push to sign him, according to a source.
Barea became an invaluable part of the Mavericks' title run.
While the Knicks don't have enough cap space to sign Barea outright, they are working on various scenarios.

Via Chris Mannix/SI.com (via Twitter) (http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217328/Knicks_Making_Push_For_Barea#ixzz1gAZMO6Vc

I swore up. & I swore down Cuban would never let Chandler get away.

I was wrong.

pass1st
12-10-2011, 04:30 PM
lol Knicks

adrienne
12-10-2011, 04:35 PM
"Various scenarios" could involve another sign-and-trade with Dallas, right?

And I'm prepared to go down with the Dallas Sports Titanic.

LkrFan
12-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Good. That means no D12 in Dallas. Get er done Cubes! :toast

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Donnie and Mark know what they doing. Not worried

Koolaid_Man
12-10-2011, 06:10 PM
"Various scenarios" could involve another sign-and-trade with Dallas, right?

And I'm prepared to go down with the Dallas Sports Titanic.

check out my new sig

TIMMYtoZO
12-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Good. That means no D12 in Dallas. Get er done Cubes! :toast

:lmao No D12 for you either.

m>s
12-10-2011, 08:21 PM
sounds a wicked move here. dallas showed TC the door and then they are about to acquire another expiring contract so that they can avoid getting committed to another putrid contract (already have one in haywood). when dirk gets washed out and Kidd retires the mavs can start rebuilding right away, free from any bad stocks

m>s
12-10-2011, 08:27 PM
for the ones 1 championship isnt enough

for mark & donnie, it IS enough

baseline bum
12-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Dalembert's 30 years old so while he's up there, he's not "on his last season" old. I would doubt he'd go for a one year deal or an extremely cheap salary. If the point of letting Chandler walk is to keep the possibility of signing D12 or Deron Williams open, then signing Dalembert doesn't make much sense to me. If Dallas can trick Dalembert to signing a one year deal, then they're a lot smarter and more persuasive than I ever thought.

Wow, not signing Chandler looks like an awful move right about now when you look at who is going to be available next summer (I'm not listing any RFAs).

1. Dwight Howard -- Says he wants to play in either Brooklyn or LA.
2. Chris Paul -- No way he leaves LA; he'll probably sign an extension once the trade becomes official.
3. Deron Williams -- A good chance if Howard gets shipped to LA. Otherwise, no chance he leaves when he can get Dwight there.

Then the talent level just drops off a cliff:
4. Ramon Sessions
5. Gerald Wallace (player option)
6. Chris Kaman
7. Lamar Odom (New Orleans almost certainly doesn't pickup the team option)
8. Ray Allen
9. Steve Nash
10. Goran Dragic
11. Andre Miller
12. Mehmet Okur

baseline bum
12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Though $60 million for Chandler is fucking nuts. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Dallas.

adrienne
12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Though $60 million for Chandler is fucking nuts. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Dallas.

Exactly. I understand the financial aspect...even Chandler did. But it really freaking sucks.

Mark in Austin
12-10-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm mystified. Chandler by all accounts brought the defensive intensity that let Dallas take the next step and actually, finally, win a ring. So now you let that guy walk? GTFO.