PDA

View Full Version : what r we gnna do at the 5!!??

tim210g
12-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Starting to feel a lil uneasy.. is kaman even realistic I know nene is out of the question..does anyone have any insight about what the spurs may do??

Anonymous Cowherd
12-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Start Tim there with Blair at PF, rotate Splitter there off the bench, give Dice garbage time...?

Fireball
12-10-2011, 01:11 PM
As others already said here a PF might be more needed, because TD and Splitter play center. But its totally up in the air what or if something is gonna happen. First we have to wait what the decision with McDyess will be ... if he stays we might see the same five bigs as last season, but with more playing time for Tiago ...

tim210g
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I.Jus think we need to add someone anyone shit I'd b happy if we signed elson again lol or wat about pryzbilla

TXstbobcat
12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I like Splitter at Center and Tim at Power Forward. Kind of thin at reserves with Blair and Bonner backing them up. I guess until we hear something, I am assuming that McDysse is retired.

TXstbobcat
12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I.Jus think we need to add someone anyone shit I'd b happy if we signed elson again lol or wat about pryzbilla

The way this offseason has gone so far, I would be happy to get Pryzbilla to rotate with Splitter at Center this season.

Nathan89
12-10-2011, 01:26 PM
As others already said here a PF might be more needed, because TD and Splitter play center. But its totally up in the air what or if something is gonna happen. First we have to wait what the decision with McDyess will be ... if he stays we might see the same five bigs as last season, but with more playing time for Tiago ...

I think it's safe to say that McDyess isn't going to play this year. If he was he would have been at the first training camp. Right now I am just waiting if we can make a trade with it or just pay him his half by the deadline.

thOOdee
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
lkQU2Q2fRcw

this guy paired with splitter and ill be happy.

Mr Bones
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
In George Hill's second season, his floor time went up to 29.2 mpg compared to 16.5 mpg as a rookie. Last year Splitter averaged 12.3 mpg. If that number raises to, say, 22 mpg it would solve a good part of the problem. It's interesting that in the years before Marc Gasol came to the NBA one of the great debates in Europe basketball was Splitter vs Gasol... if Splitter could be 80-85% of what Gasol is now, he'd be valuable.

Fireball
12-10-2011, 01:28 PM
this guy paired with splitter and ill be happy.

he just signed a one-year-deal with Toronto

thOOdee
12-10-2011, 01:29 PM
damn! wtf!

loveforthegame
12-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Don't sweat it. We're rolling with Bonner and Dice again.

Fireball
12-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Last year Splitter averaged 12.3 mpg. If that number raises to, say, 22 mpg it would solve a good part of the problem.

Now with one year under his belt and assuming he makes the whole shortened training camp I think even Pop will see that Splitter is the #2 bigman on the team. Given his age 22 minutes is not enough, he should play 30 minutes at least in this decompressed schedule.

Mr Bones
12-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Now with one year under his belt and assuming he makes the whole shortened training camp I think even Pop will see that Splitter is the #2 bigman on the team. Given his age 22 minutes is not enough, he should play 30 minutes at least in this decompressed schedule.

If they don't make a move, I agree. Now's the time to offer up Blair, while his stock is relatively high and his Roy Brandon knees are still working.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Don't sweat it. We're rolling with Bonner and Dice again.

gospursgojas
12-10-2011, 01:52 PM
TO ANSWER YOU QUESTION....No joke.

Bonner.

Accept it.

Master splitter
12-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Looks like lakers will end up with CP, good chance to land Howard, and they'll get emeka okafor.
Miami took a "chance" on eddy curry and battier, baron Davis possible guard(backup).
New York signed Tyson, might get Bibby as backup pg
Celtics took a chance on bass and just signed D west
Dallas will possibly get dalembert, Vince Carter

SPURS get freakin TJ ford?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????

The III
12-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Troy Murphy ???

WeNeedLength
12-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm tired of following the Spurs through all this when they aren't doing shite. I might as well tune out until Dec. 26th...

tmtcsc
12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Earth to RC, FA has started, please try to improve this old ass team. Note, Bos, LA, Dal kicking your ass in the offseason again.

Dallas ? They just lost or will lose:

Tyson Chandler
Caron Butler
JJ Barea

and possibly more. How are they kicking our FO's ass ?

Boston ? They lost on the Chris Paul sweepstakes, are signing a PF that suffered a terrible Knee injury for 10 Mill per season and are the oldest team in the league. They got older with Brandon Bass too. Not sure they kicked anyone's ass. Looks desperate to me.

If LA gets Howard AND Paul, then their offseason was a success. If they don't get Howard, then they just took a step backwards.

Our team added an athletic SF who was a great defender in college and has most of its core (except for Hill and probably Dice) coming back. This team did fine in the regular season and ran into a juggernaut in the Grizz.

Denver is in pieces, Dallas went backwards and the rest of the conference really didn't improve. I think we're ok. I'd like to see us add people in the front court. Kenyon Martin maybe ? His China buyout is 500k I think but possibly doable. There are others.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Spurs have a deal in place for Kaman, Clips holding until Jordan is signed. Jordan is waiting on Nene to set his market for the clips.

If Clips let Jordan walk deal is off.

If only, if only.

Seventyniner
12-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Spurs have a deal in place for Kaman, Clips holding until Jordan is signed. Jordan is waiting on Nene to set his market for the clips.

Are you allowed to say whether or not RJ is involved?

Duncan2177
12-10-2011, 02:59 PM

Link?

Seventyniner
12-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Yes RJ would be involved, this is why the spurs are holding onto him. He would have been cut already, as the FO thinks he is a sissy. They have even said so publicly, which is rear for this FO.

Other teams are out for Kaman as well so cross your fingers.

Thanks for the info. The lack of immediate use of the amnesty on RJ makes a lot more sense now. Saying that stuff about RJ publicly, though, was over the line IMO. At least wait until he's gone.

yavozerb
12-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes RJ would be involved, this is why the spurs are holding onto him. He would have been cut already, as the FO thinks he is a sissy. They have even said so publicly, which is rear for this FO.

Other teams are out for Kaman as well so cross your fingers.

Didn't the Clippers just sign Butler? Why would they need RJ and that contract as well?

12-10-2011, 04:48 PM
yeah, i would get excited at whatever center the spurs pick up now, as long as they pick up someone who actually has the size for center. what about aaron gray? he's an unrestricted FA and showed some glimpses of competence at center against the lakers during the playoffs.

Scrub
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
You can't do shit. Accept it. You're paying tired 13/8 player $21.3 mil per.

DMC
12-10-2011, 05:07 PM
The very best thing the Spurs could do is tank the shit out of the season, get some decent picks and dump some contracts next year. Start with young, lower income guys and see how well their coaching system works.

Thomas82
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM

I don't see why we couldn't go after DeAndre Jordan.

CGD
12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
What the hell, I'll play the Kaman speculation game too. Could it be that C. Butler is coming back as part of any supposed deal?

Also, there is no sense amnestying RJ until the last possible moment in any event. If you're the Spurs, I'd think you wait until other SFs are off the market, create a bidding war, and have a team sign RJ within the 2 day window where that team would have to assume part of his salary...

portnoy1
12-10-2011, 05:30 PM
You can't do shit. Accept it. You're paying tired 13/8 player $21.3 mil per.
Thats partially true. He's earned it over the years though (4 trophys ). He coulda did what CP3 is doing to hornets now when he was becoming a free agent.

TXstbobcat
12-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Thats partially true. He's earned it over the years though (4 trophys ). He coulda did what CP3 is doing to hornets now when he was becoming a free agent.

I completely agree with this statement. Tim has earned every dollar that the spurs are paying him this year.

spursince#99
12-10-2011, 06:55 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I think we should tank this season for many reasons. 1. we'll get these disgusting contracts off of our back. 2. Timmy can restructure his contract for a significantly less amount to help the team. 3. we amnesty RJ & have the full MLE & LLE to use. 5. our younger guys will have experience. 6. Most importantly since its a shortened season we'll have a lottery pick in one of the best drafts in the last 5 years AND another plus will be that the draft is the next day after the Finals which means we won't have to uwait and sob about how long the draft will be. Basically sacrificing ths season for the next since absolutely NOTHING is going right for us. What do you guys think?

quentin_compson
12-10-2011, 07:02 PM
As long as the Big Three are here, there won't be any tanking. And it certainly won't be in Duncan's last contract year.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Since Pop won't play Splitter alongside Duncan, I'm worried too. Of course, I've been uneasy about the center position for this team for about five years now.

slick'81
12-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Since Pop won't play Splitter alongside Duncan, I'm worried too. Of course, I've been uneasy about the center position for this team for about five years now.

well if they view timmy and splitter as true centers now then screw the c spot we need a legit 4

Ice009
12-10-2011, 08:24 PM
From what I hear, Clips want to be very uptempo and be the new show in town! Butler would play SG/SF with RJ SF and thier current SG moving to the point.

From what I hear SA is getting out of the Kaman chase as they will likely not sign howard, and will likely keep RJ.

Spurs still hope to sign Pryzbilla, Haddadi, Ajinca as a back up big.

So we're all in for Kaman and now we are out. All in the space of a few hours.

You want to actually make up your mind on what story you want to go with and stick to it?

gospursgojas
12-10-2011, 08:58 PM
From what I hear, Clips want to be very uptempo and be the new show in town! Butler would play SG/SF with RJ SF and thier current SG moving to the point.

From what I hear SA is getting out of the Kaman chase as they will likely not sign howard, and will likely keep RJ.

Spurs still hope to sign Pryzbilla, Haddadi, Ajinca as a back up big.

sigh

ChuckD
12-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't see why we couldn't go after DeAndre Jordan.

Because he's the second best big available, and he will certainly get offers starting at 10M, money we don't have under the cap. He's also restricted, so the LAC can match.

therealtruth
12-10-2011, 10:31 PM

Good point. I think Elson is a realistic option in terms of price. Plus he can defend 4 and 5's so he could backup Splitter or Duncan. It improves the defense by allowing the Spurs to keep a 7 footer on the floor most of the time.

Borosai
12-10-2011, 10:37 PM
The Spurs are set at the center position. They need a 4.

Nathan89
12-10-2011, 10:58 PM
So we're all in for Kaman and now we are out. All in the space of a few hours.

You want to actually make up your mind on what story you want to go with and stick to it?

It finally registered that Butler signed with the Clips and there is zero chance for it to happen.

Russo21
12-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Start Tim there with Blair at PF, rotate Splitter there off the bench, give Dice garbage time...?

fuck no. same shit as last year. first round exit

jesterbobman
12-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Not sure where to put this post, but the lack of size that we have been so angry at seems like it will become less of a problem, given how other contenders are structuring their rosters. Dallas gives up on Chandler, and gets Odom(Will still have Haywood, but less ize), Celtics go from Shaq/O'Neal/Krstic to almost exclusively PF's(Garnett, West, Bass, Johnson, Wilcox), Heat have Eddy Curry at Centre(so will be playing Bosh and Haslem), Lakers may get Howard eventually, but are giving up some size in Odom, so won't have their massive front line. Utah has size, but might not qualify(Perimeter players leave a bit to be desired). Teams still have size, notably the young contenders(Bulls, Thunder, Grizzlies) but traditional foes have gotten smaller. Definitely need either a very mobile 5 or a true 4 to match up with those moves.

SenorSpur
12-11-2011, 02:22 AM
In all good conscious, I can't believe the Spurs are prepared to enter another season with the EXACT same frontline as the one that got their asses handed to them by the Grizzlies, in the playoffs.

objective
12-11-2011, 03:51 AM
yeah, but this time, Bonner will be the starter!

He spreads the floor, and will draw Zach or Gasol away from the rim and open everything up! He's the secret weapon.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-11-2011, 06:06 AM
fuck no. same shit as last year. first round exit

erm, yeah most likely.

TD21-FTW
12-11-2011, 06:13 AM
What about Erazem Lorbek?? The best Barcelona player alongside Navarro.

2011-2012 STATS EUROLEAUGE
PPG: 14
RPG: 4.5
APG: 1.6
SPG: 0.5
2P%: 68.4%
3P%: 57.9% 11/19
FT%: 20% (1/5) He isn't that bad usually.
8 games- 24:20 MPG

Anonymous Cowherd
12-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Next season maybe. Can't get him for now.

TDMVPDPOY
12-11-2011, 08:50 AM
should sign eddy curry just for his inside scoring, put duncan or dice next to him to cover up his weakness that is defense, at least with the help defense we can solve his problems

duncan, splitter
curry, dice, blair

we all know he has weight issues, but his never been in a winning environment, and maybe gettin paid beats whataburger

Anonymous Cowherd
12-11-2011, 08:54 AM
errrrrrrrrm......

The_Worlds_finest
12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
eerrrrm eddy curry you say?

montgod
12-11-2011, 09:08 AM
should sign eddy curry just for his inside scoring, put duncan or dice next to him to cover up his weakness that is defense, at least with the help defense we can solve his problems

duncan, splitter
curry, dice, blair

we all know he has weight issues, but his never been in a winning environment, and maybe gettin paid beats whataburger

Not that I would want him on Spurs, but I think E Curry already signed with Miami.

SenorSpur
12-11-2011, 09:15 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I think we should tank this season for many reasons.

If the Spurs elect to roll into the season with the same under-performing, set of bigs, as they had last season, the season will be tanked in the first-round of the playoffs - again.

lmbebo
12-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Spurs need big man help. No point in competing this season without changes.

We are just weaker without McDyess. A lineup of Duncan/Splitter/Blair/Bonner is just too weak.